Sears Appliance Repair

Founded 1956 • With Angi since August 2016

3.9

San Francisco, CA 94117

Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts and labor* 2. Flat Repair Cost + Extended Repair Coverage • $249.99 or $299.99 pre-set price (depending on type of appliance) • 1 year of coverage up to $500 for any additional repairs (includes parts)** 3. Flat Repair Cost + Multiple Appliance Coverage • $129.99 for your initial repair with purchase of Home Warranty Appliance Plan • 1 year of repair coverage for up to 10 appliances with 11 subsequent monthly payments of $49.99*** Book your appointment with a Sears expert technician today! * 90 Day Guarantee: The limited warranty provides that if within 90 days from the date of your Sears in-home repair your appliance fails to operate for reasons related to the original repair service when used normally in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, we will replace any parts that failed due to defects in the material or workmanship and perform any labor related to the original repair free of charge. Excludes damage caused due to service provided by any party other than Sears. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary by state. ** Appliance must be less than 10 years old to qualify for Service Smart Agreement. Covers up to $500 in parts and labor. Limitations apply. *** Limitations apply” Contact Name - Eric Wood....

01/28/2020

Rose E.

It was okay, he was a gentlemen. I was happy.

Description of Work
He cleaned our dryer.

06/15/2019

Karen R.

We are not using anymore. We became unhappy.

Description of Work
Sears is our main go-to company because we have Sears product and plans and they also remodeled our kitchen.

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

06/20/2018

Ian C.

Technician knew exactly what the problem was and completed the task in a short amount of time. He was very professional. This service is part of a home warranty purchased through Sears. Cost is $40/month to cover a number of appliances (stove, oven, wash/dry, microwave, etc.). In this case, it was $80 to fix the microwave.

Description of Work
Wall-mounted microwave turns on but does not heat up. It turns out the door switch needed to be replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, small appliance repair

05/26/2018

Sandra B.

did not fix / work on, came late and not at all, still don't have refund.

Description of Work
Washer service

05/03/2018

Paula S.

Horrible! It took 2months and $1,000! We were without a refrigerator for 3 weeks living out of an ice chest for 4 people! First guy, misdiagnosed the problem.. wants us to buy a condenser/evaporator for $900: But if we bought the home warranty, it is 50% off and we pay $60/mo. For 1 year. So I tell him we would like to think about it( maybe we just buy a new one? Then we decide to fix it with the warranty package and find out it was a one time deal!,,!!? What? After raising dander...they offer me the deal! Grrr the 1st guy, orders the parts and we have to schedule a time for the tech to come and install. it’s 2 weeks later finally got got it installed but, next day water is still flooding the veggie bin and freezer! Call back ask for someone to fix the water, have to wait 1 week for appt. ( I have time slots from 1-4 pm waiting for them) 3rd guy shows up. Said oh no all we need is a converter $30 .he orders the part and shut the refrigerator off! We get the part and have to schedule yet another appt. 2 week later earliest time slot. ( I mention that we are without a frig. And they saw oh dear and do nothing....) 4th tech ( finally a good one) said oh no don’t need a a converter and puts in the condenser/evaporater turns on our Frig. Yes. He looks at our water filter and says there’s a hole in the line!!! Turns off water ( which is ok because we now have a refrigerator and freezer working. ) make another appt. ( I keep asking for an emergency tech to come that day the part comes , because I’m not happy with them! ) no! Two weeks later 5th tech. Come and installs water filter line and say it works fine,, ( stupid me, I take his word, and also later for a luncheon , he leaves) I come back from lunch and try the ice.... great! I try the water.....dribbling out. Wait a few hours try again, dribbling! Call Sears say send someone back to fix the water pressure ASAP . No, wait 11/2 weeks for next available. 6th tech. Says there is a crimp in the line in back . Replaces that and Finally we have our ice machine fixed. ( plus a new condenser/evaporator and a year warranty! Not happy at all. Really want them to pay for the parts$495 that we didn’t really need! But I would have to probably make an appt. two weeks out!, NEVER GOING TO USE THEM AGAIN. IDIOTS!!!

Description of Work
Ice machine broken, leaking water

12/29/2017

James L.

We initially had a service appointment but was asked to come later in the day. Again asked to come the next day. Refused. Repair man finally came very late to do service. Service charge of $89.00 was requested and given on credit card on phone. Repair man at end of service request a check for $139.00 to cover both the service charge and additional work he performed. Before he left he again asked for additional $50.00 dollars saying that the $89.00 initially given would not be applied to charge. But it was . So I ended up pay $89.00 plus 139.00 and an additional $50.00 to Sears. Please let other customers know that there is a scam going on. Thanks

Description of Work
Our refrigerator has a water linethat was not working properly and we thought the water line needed to be replace. The Sears repairman said that the line was good but the filter needed to be replaced.

11/11/2017

Eric R.

We decided not to go with them. It was very professional, but the product was not what we were looking for. They could have more selection. They only had three choices; basic, middle, and high ends. We were looking for wood windows, and all they had were vinyl windows. The price was very good. Their responsiveness was excellent.

Description of Work
They came out to give us a presentation on windows.

Category replacement windows

10/02/2017

ernie E.

The sales experience was excellent. The price and quality of the refrigerator is very good. The service broke down in the delivery. Purchased refrigerator on Saturday, September 9. Delivery was promised on Tuesday, September 12. We were called Monday evening, September 11 and were told our 2 hour window for delivery on the 11th. We were not available in that two hour window and I called back immediately to see if we could get a different time on the 12th. I was told they could not adjust our time so would have to move us to Wednesday September 13. The driver showed up on September 13 and claimed he had nowhere he could legally park his truck. This is untrue as we have had a tractor trailer deliver our furniture on a cross country move and have had a refrigerator, furnace, air conditioner, hot water heater, dishwasher, oven and range all delivered to our address without incident. The driver left and said we would have to call and schedule a special delivery. I immediately called and complained and they put us on the schedule again for Friday, September 15. The delivery team shows up on Friday, as scheduled and has no problem finding a place to park. They unwrap the refrigerator and find a huge dent and scratch right on the front door and have to take the refrigerator back as damaged. I immediately called the 800 number again and they rescheduled a new delivery date of Tuesday, September 19. Finally they were able to deliver the refrigerator on September 19.

Description of Work
Purchased a new refrigerator an had I delivered to our home.

09/30/2017

Catherine J.

I felt they were a bit pricey and was frustrated that they would not do the front windows since "according to SF ordinance we had to have wood windows there and they don't do those". However I have to admit I was impressed with the quality of the product as well as the two people who came to install them who worked tirelessly and were very professional.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace the windows in my home to double pane windows...

Category replacement windows

08/08/2017

Clifford W.

It worked out fine, but it took 3 visits to solve the problem.

Description of Work
They had to replace the motor inside the furnace. This was a warranty service.

07/27/2017

Sara R.

It was technically free, I have a service contract. It's not really free, I pay for the contract. They always say that everything's fine but I don't feel like my appliances are as efficient as they should be.You know they just say everything checks out.

Description of Work
maintenance check

07/24/2017

Katharine K.

A repairman always came right out and got it working again -- only to have the wretched thing fail a few months later. After the last go-round I bought a new oven from someone else.

Description of Work
I bought an oven from Sears that stopped working several times over a three year period.

Category small appliance repair, appliance sales

07/17/2017

Meredith R.

They did a beautiful job. I found them at a home and garden show. There was an incentive to contract at the time of the in-home estimate. I could've gotten it done for cheaper, but it wasn't a DIY when I watched what they did. They had to grind down my concrete sub-floor. There is a lot that you can do yourself, but unless you have the tools to do what they did, especially with creaking and cracking floors, it was a lot of prep. I had bull nosed corner's on my walls, and a mitered corner going around where the trim is, so there was a lot more work here than it would appear for approximately 1000 square feet. The price was up there. I got a lot of nice things because I got a points balance on the app when signing up that you can shop, but not everything was redeemable for those points. The sales pitch was kind of, "you can get anything you want", but in actuality it was only if it said it was redeemable for points can you get it. I did get a lot of nice things. I got an outside patio seating area thing, a remote and battery backup garage door opener, a leaf blower vacuum, and some things I really needed. All in all, it wasn't bad. They were things I would've wanted and needed anyway. The price was fair, but a little deceptive. I hope I don't ever need flooring again, and they had a lifetime guarantee that is actually transferable to one buyer of my home. If I were to sell my home, the buyer would have the warranty I have. That was an incentive too because when you are selling your home, you want to have all of these little perks to go with it. I would consider using them again. I would recommend them to a friend. I have recommended them to a neighbor of mine.

Description of Work
They put in laminate flooring throughout my home.

Category flooring contractor

07/10/2017

Robert N.

The Sears repairman told me what the problem was, but that he was not authorized to make my specific repairs.

Description of Work
Repare an air conditioner water evacuation pump.

06/26/2017

Windy M.

Sears is great although some of their subcontractors are not, of course, I only had one that wasn't good. The rest are just an A+++.I don't?know where Sears found these guys but man they are great. They bend over backward to do a damn good job and they want you happy. I think the price was a little stiff but you get a life tie warranty, so you really can't complain.

Description of Work
They put a whole brand new roof up.

06/14/2017

William P.

We have a service contract with them so, there was no charge.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C services.

06/09/2017

Paulette K.

I got good carpeting. I shouldn't need no more carpet.

Description of Work
I needed new carpet. I had carpet on my stairs that were torn. That is what I needed done. They did installation of carpet.

Category carpet installation

05/02/2017

Fanella B.

Very prompt, installation was quick and the workers were great

Description of Work
Had a hvac mini split installed with 3 zones

04/27/2017

Chad J.

We have had ours for over 15 years. We have always had a good service. I think they were on time. They did pretty good. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
Heating and air.

04/04/2017

Catherine M.

The air intake needed to be enlarged. This had been discussed with the sales rep. The contractor did not do so. When the system failed inspection, it took months to get this resolved .

Description of Work
Install new central AC system.

04/03/2017

Janet M.

All of the workers were great. I did need to obtain the building permit on my own. There was a mix up at the manufacturer of the backsplash tiles. The box was incorrectly labeled and the wrong tiles were installed. They had to remove the first backsplash they installed and replace it with the correct tiles that had to be reordered. One of the granite pieces had a 15" wide color difference from the rest of the slab, so they gave me a discount. Glad it's finished!

Description of Work
Kitchen counters replaced with granite; new sink, new garbage disposal.

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Virginia H.

I have an extended warranty on two water heaters in two different homes. One of the benefits of that is having someone come out each year to do an inspection and cleaning. I have done that routine for the past five or six years. They are always very prompt, do a thorough job. The work that they have done more than covered the cost of the warranty that I purchased. The cost of the warranty is about what it normally would cost for one inspection and cleaning of the hot water heater. One time when they were doing the hot water heater inspection the technician asked if I would like them to clean my furnace. I had them do it and got that cleaning without any additional cost since they were already here. This is the second warranty I had. The other one was five years and I had them come out every year. I purchased this one for three years. They were right on time. I would definitely use them again. I get the same service for both locations they come to.

Description of Work
They come out and do yearly hot water heater inspections and cleanings.

Category water heater repair

Steven A.

It was excellent. The unit worked really well for a long time. Overall they're pretty good. We did a lot of shopping around and although I wouldn't give them an 'A' I would give them a solid 'B' for price.

Description of Work
They installed the original AC unit.

Steven A.

The service was free because I have a maintenance contract with them.

Description of Work
The AC was leaking in the attic and they replaced a pan that was cracked.

Wendy K.

Service went really well. They were so fast! I couldn't believe they were done. It looks nice.

Description of Work
Installed laminate floor

Category flooring contractor

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Attic Pros Inc

Attic Pros provide high quality, affordable and reliable attic cleaning, insulation removal & installation, rodent cleanup, rats in attic removal, squirrel in attic removal, crawl space cleaning & encapsulation services throughout San Francisco Bay Area. Why choose Attic Pros? * Licensed and Insured - all job is done by qualified professionals. * Affordable - we match competitor's pricing and give additional 5% OFF. * Guarantee - we guarantee 100% satisfaction and provide comprehensive warranty on all of our services. * Quality - we use only high quality ENERGYSTAR certified insulation materials. Visit our website to make a price inquiry and find out more information!

Attic Geeks

Attic Insulation Geeks was founded on the belief that everyone deserves access to the highest-quality insulation, rodent proofing and disinfection services, all provided with honesty, integrity, courtesy, professionalism, and reasonable pricing. At Attic Geeks, we provide everything you need to keep your home insulated and free of pests and pathogens in Berkeley, the Bay Area, and beyond. We are bonded, licensed, and insured professionals trained to provide a full range of residential and commercial services. Our state-of-the-art equipment & training ensures that every job is performed to the highest standards of professionalism, restoring comfort, health, and energy efficiency to your home in no time. Attic, Crawlspace, Walls.

We offer free in home estimates call to schedule
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    $25

Appliance repair - cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, double ovens, dryers, freezers, garbage disposals, gas grills, ice makers, ranges, range hoods, refrigerators, ovens, stacked laundry, trash compactors & washers.

ask for details