Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Hartford, CT
There are 18 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Hartford
- Valli Construction Company, Inc.My heroes! They identified the problem with my sewer after another company failed to do so. They fixed it promptly, professionally and charged reasonable prices. They patiently explained everything that needed to be done ahead of time and completed the job for LESS than the estimated price! Honest, friendly... simply the best
- SAVIOUR SEPTIC, LLCThis MARK D. KUDLACH guy is a fraud master; and anyone who wants to use his service is WARNED! I quoted a sewage to manhole installation last year; and he was aggressive on the pricing and claimed to throw in additional job in the back yard to get the project. I was OK with that; and didn't realize that he can not deliver the project. Here is the payment arrangement: $5K for starting the back yard job which is a bonus; and I only allowed because he contracted with me for the sewage project in front. He did finish the back yard job. $6k for deposit before he starts the front job; and the final $6k after finish. Again, this was where the thing got nasty. I paid $6K in April 2021, and the project was postponed again and again. This guy promised he will take care of the thing in March 2022 when the weather is a bit warmer. Fast forward to this year, the project was not progressing anywhere; and this guy is avoiding my phone calls; and only told me that the back yard job was worth $12k. Come on, what a freak! The only reason I did the back job was because this guy throw it in as the bonus with the promise of finishing the sewage project. Now is the tricky part: this guy is claiming he should keep all $11K including $5K for the back yard job and the $6k deposit for the sewage line which never started. The moral issue here is that a "bait and switch" in its finest form. I am in the process of solidifying a lawyer to help the situation with all financial damages this guy caused. I want to make this visible to everyone before you consider this guy for a job which may never start
- Whitfield Sanitation ServicesThese guys are great. Returned an after hours emergency message in a flash and had a crew and a truck here first thing next AM. Problem solved . Good guys - quick service - impeccable clean up - can't do it any faster or any better than they did.
- R Cox Enterprisesyoung man was very impressive. he left the site as it was before doing the service. would not thought it possible. that young man deserves a raise or a bonus at Christmas time.
- ART'S SEPTIC TANK SVCExcellent service and quality workmanship.Art and associate Tyler were very knowledgeable and completed the job in a efficient and timely manner. Art's Septic Service removed the old non-working tank and old connections and installed two new tanks. One that was required for a submersible pump .Art's also did all the necessary digging for the perc test's with the town of Manchester and arranged all scheduling for all on-site inspections with the town. The worksite was completed graded and seeded when the project was complete.All works well.Very satisfied. Call them, you will be glad you did
- Russ's Septic ServiceThis family owned company is professional, very responsive, thorough and great to work with. We have been provided with their services for over 20 years and have recommended them to our family and friends. A great company!
- LOYD CLARK & SONS SEPTIC SERVICES* Lloyd contacted me immediately after I made contact with AL * Texted to keep me apprised of our get together. * Went out of his way to secure the dump permit from Oxford Town Hall * Showed up on time * Explained process thoroughly although most went over my head * Worked up a sweat to find nothing wrong with tank (phew) * I would certainly recommend him to friend
- SepticWorksOutstanding service. The tech took the time to answer my questions and educate me on the workings of the septic system so I will make good choices about products in the future. He came on time, cleaned up, leaving nothing on my property and filled in the holes he had to dig to expose the system. I will use this company every time and recommend them to my friends
- SepticWorksFor the septic inspection he went through the whole system iwith me, answered all my questions also down to earth. Great guy and fantastic service.! Give him a call, you have the start of a new relationship with me 🤗
- Suburban Sanitation Service, Inc.This is the second house that I have trusted Suburban Sanitation with the replacement of the septic system. I trust them (in particular Mark and his crew) because they are extremely knowledgeable regarding the design of the system, quality products to use, and working through the permitting process. Most importantly they communicate with the client and always do what they promise. Mark is in charge of all of this and does his job extremely well.This latest septic system was a tricky install in a wetland area in a town with a complicated permitting process (and in the middle of winter.) Hopefully no more septic systems for me, but if I did need one replaced I would hire Suburban Sanitation again
Last update on March 30, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Hartford, CT
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
Septic Tank Contractors in Hartford, CT
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC93 W HILL RD
Thomaston, Connecticut 06787
- 4 EVERGREEN LLC
- A-1 Enterprises LLC1400 Newbritan Ave
Farmington, Connecticut 06032
- A-1 Quality Rooter240 Fairway Dr
Meriden, Connecticut 06450
- A-Team Plumbing and Drain LLC1038 Middletown Ave
Northford, Connecticut 06472
- AA-MSA, Inc Inspection & Environmental Testing1399 State St Suite 6
New Haven, Connecticut 06511
- AAA Rooter16 Douglas Dr
South Meriden, Connecticut 06451
- Aiello Home Services600 Old County Cir
WINDSOR LOCKS, Connecticut 06096
- American Excavating & Septic Inc15 Cronk Rd Ste 1
Plainville, Connecticut 06062
- ART'S SEPTIC TANK SVC981 HILLSTOWN RD
Glastonbury, Connecticut 06033
- AVERY CONSTRUCTION CO64 FIELD RD 1A
Somers, Connecticut 06071
- Avery Septic Tank Svc LLC64 Field Rd Unit 1A
Somers, Connecticut 06071
- A-1 Enterprises LLC
- C & J Pumps, LLC153 Amity Rd
Bethany, Connecticut 06524
- CA Esthus Property Services & Excavating LLC358 Bushy Hill Rd
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Call Free Flow28 Wolcott Dr
Granby, Connecticut 06035
- Christopher Bryant CoPO Box 553
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Clog Master Plumbing & CT Mechanical Solutions71 Church Ave
Bristol, Connecticut 06010
- CLS CONSTRUCTION CO1328 PALISADO AVE
Windsor, Connecticut 06095
- CONNECTICUT VALLEY SEPTIC SVC619 HALE ST
Suffield, Connecticut 06078
- C & J Pumps, LLC
- General Sewer & Drain Service108 Cedar St
Wethersfield, Connecticut 06109
- General Sewer & Drain Service
- Higganum Septic Tank Co244 Candlewood Hill Rd
Higganum, Connecticut 06441
- Higganum Septic Tank Co
- J T Collins Plumbing and Heating23 Marion St
West Haven, Connecticut 06516
- J T Collins Plumbing and Heating
- M&M Excavating 179 Root Ln
Sheffield, Massachusetts 01257
- Matt's Pro Plumbing Inc43 Brooke Meadow Rd
Berlin, Connecticut 06037
- Mr. Inside Out Home Inspection Services, Inc.PO Box 145 OFFICES IN AND SERVICING NY, NJ AND CT - 7 DAYS A WEEK
Rock Tavern, New York 12575
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Hampden & Hampshire Counties109 Lyman St
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
- M&M Excavating
- Quinn Plumbing & Heating LLC34 Raccio Park Rd # 12
Hamden, Connecticut 06518
- Quinn Plumbing & Heating LLC
- R Cox Enterprises 17 Warren Rd
Brimfield, Massachusetts 01010
- Reliable Plumbing & Pump Service17A Herman Drive
Simsbury, Connecticut 06070
- Rhodes Pump Service2351 Boston Post Rd 502
Guilford, Connecticut 06437
- Robert Pryor, P.E., L.S., LEED115 Newton Rd
Woodbridge, Connecticut 06525
- Roderick Construction71 Hayes Rd
Tariffville, Connecticut 06081
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup431 New State Road
Manchester, Connecticut 06042
- Ryan Home Inspection Services LLC16 Orbit Dr
Enfield, Connecticut 06082
- R Cox Enterprises
- Sam's Plumbing & HeatingPO Box 370541
West Hartford, Connecticut 06137
- SCHMIDT PLUMBING & HEATING COPO BOX 11186
Waterbury, Connecticut 06703
- Seaview Custom Homes LLC308 Pettipaug Rd
Westbrook, Connecticut 06498
- Skips Wastewater Services21 Courtney Dr
Ellington, Connecticut 06029
- SM Welch Remodeling16 Ogden Lord Road
Marlborough, Connecticut 06447
- Steve's Sewer & Drain Services146 Tariffville Rd
Tariffville, Connecticut 06081
- Suburban Sanitation Service, Inc.80 MIDDLETOWN AVE
East Hampton, Connecticut 06424
- Sam's Plumbing & Heating
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc65 Cherry St
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut 06108
- Violette Silvester And Sons Inc
Septic tank companies that service Hartford
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.