When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 8 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Peak Heating and CoolingIt took 2 days to install everything but now my house is comfortable. My electric bill went down $50.
- Peak Heating and CoolingCalled our regular “go to” company on Friday. Never called me back. On Sunday I went on Angie’s List to find someone else in hopes of finding someone for a quote on repairs. Peak Heating and Cooling called me within the HOUR, set an appointment for someone to check our unit for the next day (which was Monday and Memorial Day). The guy checked everything out, and gave a quote for the work that was needed and they were out the next day to move the unit...and repair it! With the other company we used to go with, it always felt like they were in a hurry to get in and get out. These guys at Peak explained things and were really informative. I felt they wanted to answer questions and explain things. I will NEVER go back to the other company. By the way...as of today, the other company has yet to call me back. Thank you Peak for a great experience and appreciate you coming right out
- GreenFIT HomesThe work went very well. Greenfit was very professional and responsive. Maybe I should have tried to haggle on price though. Guess I'll never know.
- GreenFIT HomesThey were good and professional. The only issue we had, was it was hard to get in contact with the person we were working with.
- WellHome of GrandvilleWe called WellHome for an energy audit. After performing the audit, later that day Michael sat down with us and explained their findings and recommendations. We were suprised at the number of things that they could fix and how much of a difference it could make in our home's energy efficiency. Our home was built in 1922, so we have a lot of issues with losing energy. We decided to go with them for most of their recommendations. We thought their pricing on windows was high, so we will probably go with another company when we decide to replace windows. The estimates for the other work seemed fair. They re-did the insulation in our attic, our screened-in porch, basement, and a number of other projects on the exterior of the home. In the end, we thought it was well worth it. We notice a difference throughout the house. From start to finish we found the workers to be friendly and professional. They arrived on time and even called with an earlier slot when they had a cancellation. I would recommend their services to others
- W.M.G.B. IncI had two basement windows that needed to be replaced. For security reasons I decided to replace them with glass block windows. WMGB offered a $65 coupon for $100 credit toward their glass block windows, I bought it, and it was money well spent. The new windows are nice although there was a small hiccup towards the final install. Although the space was measured, one did not fit. However, the installer assured me that the company would make new windows and they would be installed the same week....and they were! The install was great, the price was reasonable, and all of the company's staff was efficient and courteous. (As of this review, however, I am still waiting for the promised free, energy audit. I don't know if they are behind because I have not heard anything from the company!
- GreenHome InstituteThey were very professional and efficient in completing their tests, getting the report and prioritizing which improvements would have the most benefit. Overall, my experience was exceptional, the reduction in utility costs more than paid for this service within the first year!
- Ver Wys Home ImprovementAfter setting the date for the audit Scott showed up on time and ready to go. He preformed the audit, it took exactly the amount of time he recommended for the audit. I was provided with a comprehensive report with Scott's recommendations on how to improve air quality and energy efficiency. Very professional process and I would highly recommend Scott and Ver Wys Home Improvement
- GreenFIT HomesThey were professional and clean and improved our efficiency. They also gave us advice on DIY ways to improve the home.
- GreenHome InstituteI was pleased with the ease of scheduling and also the cost. Because I had already had a preliminary assessment done and some items didn't have to be repeated, they gave me a discount on my bill.
Energy Audit Companies in Grand Rapids
- Business Description:We provide Heating Cooling and Plumbing services to all of South Michigan. We have fair prices, honest employees, and hi quality service.Recent Review:Lenny and his team were outstanding! Very easy to work with and scheduled us quickly. Didn’t try selling us on anything more than what we needed which was refreshing because we had so many people quote us work that was not neededChad H.
- Business Description:At Peak we will always strive for 5 star service by surpassing the standard service for our clients and community; by providing you with our NATE Certified Technicians and a cost-effective maintenance plan for both your heating and cooling equipmentRecent Review:It took 2 days to install everything but now my house is comfortable. My electric bill went down $50.theresa l.
- Business Description:30 employees. Uses some subs for digging, everybody else is an employee of WMGB Inc. Cost is determined by the job. Financing is Available, Travel charges may apply. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Additional phone numbers -Lansing area (517) 371-7023,Kalamazoo area (269) 385-5930, Muskegon area (231) 755-0826 and 800-766-0500 everywhere else. Additional contact name Julie CowaRecent Review:Spoke to Kirstin first week of October to make my down payment and schedule my appointment for installation. Appointment was today 11/5 8am. I called after 8am and spoke to Kirstin who confirmed my appointment and stated that the window for arrival was 8am-10am. Just after 10am I called and spoke to Arlene. Told her the tech was a no call no show. She said my appointment was this afternoon. I said not possible, I spoke to a rep this morning who confirmed my time. Told her how upset I was and that I wanted a call back after she spoke to the tech. I missed their call. I called back and spoke to Kirstin. I told her to explain to me how this is possible when I just spoke to her this morning and the appointment was made the first week of OCTOBER!!!?? She said that I can believe what I wanted. I told her to educate me as a consumer how this is possible. She then tried to tell me that she did not "refresh" her calendar. LOL Let me get this straight, you want me to believe that you did not "refresh" your calendar from an appointment that you made back in October? What a JOKE! Of course, she started to get sarcastic with me as if I didn't have a right to be upset. I asked to speak to a Manager several times. Told her I refused to speak to her when she wanted to have a sarcastic tone with me because I was refusing to accept her line of crap. I spoke to Arlene and asked her for the Manager's name. She told me Kirstin was the manager. WOW!!!! Clearly this "Manager" is incapable of managing simple tasks..like a calendar. I asked for a refund. No way will I give my hard earned money to a company like thisMelissa H.
- Business Description:Petro Plumbing is a family owned business with over 20 years of experience in residential, commercial, and industrial plumbing. From drain cleaning to bathroom remodeling to industrial builds, there's no project too big or too small
- Business Description:In business since 2000, we've been serving Greater Grand Rapids reliably for over 20 years. Our contractors are GAF Master Elite certified and multiple President's Club Award winners. The Better Business Bureau has given us an A+ rating for our quality product and customer service. We are West Michigan's go-to resource for Roofing, windows, siding, gutters and more. We'll do your job right the first time, every time. Professional salesmen will quote you fairly and honestly, and our contractor..Recent Review:Extremely poor communication and expensive. The only times they were prompt on communication was to collect the deposit and to collect the balance once the job was done. Originally signed the contract on 12/09/2020 and heard nothing for a month. Without notice the builder showed up a month later only to identify that what was quoted is not possible. We then signed an addendum on 01/20/2021 for the work. There was no communication for over another month until I contacted them and asked for an update. On 03/04/2021 I was messaged that the work would start on Monday, 03/08/2021. When the work did not start, I asked for an update and was told the work would start by 10 AM the next day... Again it did not. Work finally started on 03/10/2021, took about 10 days to complete since the workers were here a bit sporadically. Ultimately, the work done was acceptable and the builder was a nice guy. I fully understand that the weather needed to be warm enough to pour cement without jeopardizing the integrity of the cement but for the premium I paid to use a Avalon I expected much better communication throughout the process and it should have been done and cleaned up within 3-5 daysPhil T.
- Business Description:Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help ..Recent Review:Worst experience ever with them. They promised to fix the small leak in my basement. During installation I told the foreman I specifically thought the dry well location was way too close to the house and that it should be put in the back yard. He said there is no way it would flood and worst case it would get mildly damp in the front yard if it rained a ton (in hindsight because they didn't want to do the extra work of putting it in the correct location). That was definitely not true as almost immediately it overflowed. This flooded not only our basement but also our elderly neighbors basement and garage too. My pregnant wife and I had to literally stay up all night mopping up the basement so that it would not be ruined until get could get an emergency plumber to come out the next day. Their incompetence almost put my wife into premature labor due to the physical exertion of having to stay up all night mopping even though I tried to do as much as I could. For well over two months I have left numerous messages with the company as well as my salesman, Alan Free, who very much apologized to me for their incompetence and told me a manager would call me back. They still have not called back. Totally unethical and incompetent. Just not right for them to charge thousands of dollars, create a bigger problem, and refuse to do anything about itBobby D.
- Business Description:We are a licensed mechanical contractor in the following categories - hydronic heating & cooling, hvac equipment, ductwork, refrigeration, unlimited heating service and Unlimited cooling service. We also are a licensed electrical contractor with a master electrician on staff. Additional DBA - Perfect Comfort, Inc
- Business Description:We are a family owned business with 34 years in business and are 100% debt free company. We have been members in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List for many years.Recent Review:I had set up a time to have a quote done for replacing the 30+ windows in my home. Following this I had a major home catastrophe as my water heater failed, flooding my finished basement. I spoke with a rep canceling the quote until I could make repairs from my home. I noted that I would give them a call as soon as I was done making repairs. The next day another rep called me wanting to push me into a quote that day as they had a staff member in the area. I calmly explained the situation to this rep for a second time. Today I received both an email and text message from a Pat asking me to reschedule that appointment. This company may provide a good service, but their customer service is garbage. Will get my future work done by Avalon, try focusing on the customer experience moving forwardGreg W.
- Business Description:For over 17 years Grapids Heating and Cooling has provided quality service in West Michigan, offering professional heating and air conditioning system analysis, design, installation and maintenance. As a locally owned and operated business, customer satisfaction with our products and services determines our reputation…and future success! We want our customers to be customers for life, so we go the extra mile to give personal, neighborly support. We also offer 24 hour emergency serviceRecent Review:Thoroughly professional, respectful of property and able to accurately diagnose, estimate and install new systems. I'm very comfortable recommending them and thoroughly pleased with the work they did for meMargaret L.
- Business Description:When you call us, a live person will answer 95% of the time. If you leave a message, we will get back to you within an hour or less. We will give some suggestions that you could do to fix your problem. If that does not work, we can schedule an appointment to come out and diagnose the problem. The cost to diagnose the problem is $79.00. When we find the problem, we will give you a quote of the cost of the repair. Our service person will call before coming out, hand you a business card when he ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
While going green for the sake of the environment is important, there's another compelling reason to change your habits: your wallet.
Find energy consultants in
energy consultants in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 360 Home Services LLC
- 360 Home Services LLC
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc
- Ver Wys Home Improvement3266 Brigs Blvd NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Ver Wys Home Improvement