W.M.G.B. Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2006

30 employees. Uses some subs for digging, everybody else is an employee of WMGB Inc. Cost is determined by the job. Financing is Available, Travel charges may apply. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Additional phone numbers -Lansing area (517) 371-7023,Kalamazoo area (269) 385-5930, Muskegon area (231) 755-0826 and 800-766-0500 everywhere else. Additional contact name Julie Cowan...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

glass block basement window solid inside view

+47 more images

glass block (93)window replacement (51)egress window (14)glass repair (13)door installation (3)masonry (3)insulation (2)home energy audit (1)

09/06/2022

Barb M.

He is very honest, very truthful and he is kind. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install glass windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/31/2022

03/15/2022

David M.

I recently contacted WMGB regarding the installation of glass block windows in my basement. We were able to quickly schedule a time for them to give me a quote and Keith from the sales team did an excellent job of walking me through all the options. Approx. 2-3 hours after I received the quote, someone called to schedule the actual installation. Brandon and Devin from the installation team arrived promptly on the scheduled date and did an excellent job of removing the existing windows and installing the new glass block windows. Overall, I had a great experience with WMGB!

Description of Work
Needed existing basement windows removed and new glass block windows installed.

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

11/05/2021

Melissa H.

Spoke to Kirstin first week of October to make my down payment and schedule my appointment for installation. Appointment was today 11/5 8am. I called after 8am and spoke to Kirstin who confirmed my appointment and stated that the window for arrival was 8am-10am. Just after 10am I called and spoke to Arlene. Told her the tech was a no call no show. She said my appointment was this afternoon. I said not possible, I spoke to a rep this morning who confirmed my time. Told her how upset I was and that I wanted a call back after she spoke to the tech. I missed their call. I called back and spoke to Kirstin. I told her to explain to me how this is possible when I just spoke to her this morning and the appointment was made the first week of OCTOBER!!!?? She said that I can believe what I wanted. I told her to educate me as a consumer how this is possible. She then tried to tell me that she did not "refresh" her calendar. LOL Let me get this straight, you want me to believe that you did not "refresh" your calendar from an appointment that you made back in October? What a JOKE! Of course, she started to get sarcastic with me as if I didn't have a right to be upset. I asked to speak to a Manager several times. Told her I refused to speak to her when she wanted to have a sarcastic tone with me because I was refusing to accept her line of crap. I spoke to Arlene and asked her for the Manager's name. She told me Kirstin was the manager. WOW!!!! Clearly this "Manager" is incapable of managing simple tasks..like a calendar. I asked for a refund. No way will I give my hard earned money to a company like this!

Description of Work
Glass Block Installation

Category egress windows

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

06/15/2020

Bethany W.

Overall I am very pleased with the work performed by W.M.G.B! The price was very fair and the installer was on time and quick to finish the job. The only thing preventing me from giving excellent marks all around was that the installer misunderstood our project request and switched a couple vented windows but the quality of the work and the care he took to complete it were well above average so I am not worried about it!

Description of Work
Glass block windows replaced

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I'm glad you enjoyed our work. These reviews help us improve, so I appreciate the honesty.

09/17/2019

Dana F.

My experience with WMGB was very positive from the estimate through installation. The only issue that came up was lack of communication on installation day when the start time was pushed back due to weather but when I called to check in they were very apologetic a call to me was missed, called the installer to check the arrival time, and he was there within the hour. Overall, a great experience and I would utilize them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Block windows in basement

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

Thank you so much! We really appreciate the work and the feedback. Things do have a bit of a tendency to get crazy with a big rain but we are working on fixing that. We are so glad that you like your windows.

09/05/2019

Daniel W.

Excellent installation by the installer, right on time as promised, extra steps to provide a highly attractive, professional appearance outside and in. The final product was worth every cent offering extra security and added insulation along with a great look.

Description of Work
Four glass block basement windows and a bathroom glass block window

Category replacement windows, glass block

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

Review for W.M.G.B. Inc - 2131 Martindale Ave SW, Wyoming, MI - 38088313

That is great to hear, it is our goal to be on time and provide the best service possible. I will let your installer and sales team that you appreciated their efforts. We really appreciate you choosing us to do the work. Thank You

08/20/2019

Penni V.

From the free estimate to the installation everything was a great experience. The prices was very affordable and the product was top quality. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for glass block windows.

Description of Work
Insulation of glass block window in basement & bathroom

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

We love to hear that you had a great experience. We are very happy that your job went well and the windows are good. Thank you for choosing us to do the work and we hope to work with you again.

08/14/2019

Sue B.

The job went very well. The installer, Dave, did an excellent job. He was very precise in everything he handled. His assistant, Bradley, was great too. It pays to hire a company that specializes in your needs! So glad we found them.

Description of Work
Replacement of our bilco door.

Category insulation, masonry, doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

Review for W.M.G.B. Inc - 2131 Martindale Ave SW, Wyoming, MI - 38044423

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate both your great review and you as a customer. Please do not hesitate to call us if you ever have any problems or need anything else.

08/06/2019

Lisa P.

The installer was professional and skilled very knowledgeable about the process. The windows were replaced in just a couple hours. One of my windows was incorrect when he arrived and the installer made a phone call and someone delivered the correct window to him in a very timely manner/quickly. Most other installers/companies would have rescheduled me and not completed the project the same day. The man who measured and quoted my windows was just as professional as the installer. Very nice, experienced, professional people working for this company. I HIGHLY recommend WMGB windows!

Description of Work
basement window replacement/installed glass block windows

Category replacement windows, glass block

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

That is great to hear and we are glad we were able to resolve the problem with minimal inconvenience to you. We really appreciate your business and hope we get a chance to work with you again.

07/28/2019

joseph G.

It was so easy from start to finish. Sales rep came and explained everything and worked out the best price he could get us. Installers came a couple weeks later did a great job left no mess behind. We are thrilled with how the windows look and are really pleased to have them.

Description of Work
glass block windows for basement

Work Completed On 07/28/2019

We are really happy that you are pleased and very grateful that you hired us to do the work. Thank you for the wonderful review too. Please do not hesitate to call us if you ever have any problems or need anything else.

07/23/2019

Kim K.

I was very satisfied with the windows. I was told it would be 5 weeks before it could be done but there was a last minute cancellation and it was done the day after I signed the contract. After the installation was done, they made sure everything was cleaned up and actually left my house in better condition than when they started.

Description of Work
Installed glass block basement windows

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Thank You! We are thrilled to hear that things worked out so well for you. We will be sure to let everyone on your team know. Thank you for calling us, we hope to hear from you again in the future.

06/23/2019

Jean N.

Custom door. From order to installation was 6 weeks. First visit was to review options etc. I did not feel rushed and salesman fully explained all options. Second visit was to measure. Third to install. All appointments kept promptly. Good communication with professional and courteous staff.

Description of Work
Exterior door leading to garage

Category glass block, doors

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are very happy that everything worked out well for you and you are happy with your new door. Thank you for choosing us to do your door and we hope that we get a chance to work with you again.

04/14/2019

SARAH K.

This is our third purchase with WMGB, and we keep coming back. Dave is thorough with explanations and showing our best options for our budget. Prices are extremely fair, and we enjoy supporting our local businesses. We will be using WMGB for more replacement windows in the future based on such great service, quality of work, and of course the experience we have had with all of the employees, from sales, installation techs, and office staff. Each person we've worked with has been extremely professional and friendly throughout the entire process. I like that WMGB has their own employees from start to finish without any sub-contractors, so I know if I have any issues (which I have not), they will make sure it's been completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
New Entry Door and Screen door + 2 Replacement windows in Living Room

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We love working for you and really appreciate you choosing to use us. We look forward to working for you again.

04/11/2019

Barbara K.

Wonderful experience. Salesman explained process thoroughly, gave me choices of window, well unit, etc. very prompt on day of construction, crew arrived early and again explained the process. They took care of the permits, cleaned up after their work and kept me informed of their progress. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Egress window

Category egress windows

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate that and we are extremely happy that you were pleased. We really thank you for choosing us and we look forward to working with you again.

11/16/2018

VICKI T.

Such a smooth process. Came out on time for quoting, window replacement was quick and easy. Cleaned up area after installing window. Looks great. Highly recommend. Second time we have used them.

Description of Work
Basement window replaced

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

10/09/2017

John V.

They did a great job, we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
A Bathroom glass block window installed.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

09/20/2017

James L.

The work went well for the most part. The windows are fine but the energy rating was not as high as it should have been (windows were made for the area to the south of me)

Description of Work
I had 8 windows replaced

Category egress windows, glass block

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

08/30/2017

Jes V.

Perfectly They arrived on time, fixed everything promptly, and left no mess.

Description of Work
Replace old single pane basement windows with glass block, remove one window and replace with cinderblock.

Category masonry, glass block

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

08/28/2017

Denis H.

After a delay for the install date because of a mix-up in ordering the windows, we did get the job completed. The work was performed to our satisfaction and we were compensated for the delay. The people at W.M.G.B. Inc. were very friendly and helpful and I would have them again for any future projects.

Description of Work
We required a new picture window with two double hung for the living room and also some masonry repair

Category masonry, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/19/2017

07/25/2017

L P.

Great work and cleaned up completely

Description of Work
block windows

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

03/17/2016

Andrea H.

We are very happy with the look of our new windows! The cost was fair. We bought the Angie's List deal for 4 block windows for $369 but we had 5 windows to replace. Once they came out to measure and give us a quote for the 5th they told us that our windows were smaller than normal so they needed to charge us extra to adjust the window size for the 4 we already bought. That was a little odd but this was our first time purchasing windows we we took their word for it. They charged us an extra $192 for the 5th window and the adjusting. Overall we are happy with the look and speediness of the process. Very friendly workers as well.

Description of Work
Provided and installed 5 basement block windows

Category glass repair, replacement windows, glass block

Work Completed On 03/10/2016

03/13/2016

Courtney B.

The appraiser came out, measured, discussed options and prices. We settled on a unit and the installer came out at a later scheduled date. The installation went smoothly and I am very satisfied with both the appraisal and installation, and of course the glass block window.

Description of Work
replaced a single pane basement window with a glass block unit

Category glass repair, replacement windows, glass block

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

12/10/2015

Nick F.

Needing two glass block windows in our basement, I checked Angie's List for a provider. I contacted WMGB because they had several reviews and were positively rated. Additionally, they had an offer on Angie's List at $369 for the installation of four windows. I called WMGB and explained to the woman that answered the phone that I needed only two windows. She expressed that although the special was for four windows, they could offer a discount as I needed only two windows. She suggested that an estimator would need to visit my home to provide an estimate. An estimator did visit my home. He provided and estimate for two windows, totaling $438. The estimate was submitted with a unit cost for each window. I asked the estimator to provide me an estimate for labor and materials. He indicated he did not know how to provide that breakdown. Curiously, he did include sales tax on the estimate, which I calculated was for material costs of $56 dollars. I explained to the estimator that I could not reconcile his estimate, given the price quoted for two windows was over $50 more than the offer to have four windows installed. He suggested I reread the offer advertised on Angie's List. The day after the estimators visit I called WMGB and asked to speak with a Sales Manager for an explanation of this situation. A manager was not available. I explained my concern to the woman that answered the phone. She was able to calculate the material cost of $72 per window, although the estimator was unable to provide this information. I requested the opportunity to speak with a Sales Manager. As the manager was not available on the Friday morning I called, she took a message and indicated the manager would call me the following Monday. I am writing this review six days later, and have not heard from anyone at WMGB. Fortunately, I have found another provider that will be installing the windows tomorrow, for $90 each.

Description of Work
Provide estimate.

Category glass repair, insulation, replacement windows, glass block