Cracked or bowing basement walls can be scary, especially if you’re just noticing them or they run several feet horizontally across your home’s foundation. Talking to a pro then following these five steps can help you remedy the issue.
Find top-rated foundation contractors in your area
Enter your zip and get matched with up to 3 pros
Matching on Angi
Angi has local reviews on foundation contractors
- El Paso
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Worth
- Grand Rapids
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Saint Louis
- Saint Paul
- Virginia Beach
- Washington DC
- Winston Salem
- Alabama Foundation Repair
- Alaska Foundation Repair
- Arizona Foundation Repair
- Arkansas Foundation Repair
- California Foundation Repair
- Colorado Foundation Repair
- Connecticut Foundation Repair
- Delaware Foundation Repair
- District of Columbia Foundation Repair
- Florida Foundation Repair
- Georgia Foundation Repair
- Hawaii Foundation Repair
- Idaho Foundation Repair
- Illinois Foundation Repair
- Indiana Foundation Repair
- Iowa Foundation Repair
- Kansas Foundation Repair
- Kentucky Foundation Repair
- Louisiana Foundation Repair
- Maine Foundation Repair
- Maryland Foundation Repair
- Massachusetts Foundation Repair
- Michigan Foundation Repair
- Minnesota Foundation Repair
- Mississippi Foundation Repair
- Missouri Foundation Repair
- Montana Foundation Repair
- Nebraska Foundation Repair
- Nevada Foundation Repair
- New Hampshire Foundation Repair
- New Jersey Foundation Repair
- New Mexico Foundation Repair
- New York Foundation Repair
- North Carolina Foundation Repair
- North Dakota Foundation Repair
- Ohio Foundation Repair
- Oklahoma Foundation Repair
- Oregon Foundation Repair
- Pennsylvania Foundation Repair
- Rhode Island Foundation Repair
- South Carolina Foundation Repair
- South Dakota Foundation Repair
- Tennessee Foundation Repair
- Texas Foundation Repair
- Utah Foundation Repair
- Vermont Foundation Repair
- Virginia Foundation Repair
- Washington Foundation Repair
- West Virginia Foundation Repair
- Wisconsin Foundation Repair
- Wyoming Foundation Repair
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Foundation Repair Contractor Articles
Damage to your home’s foundation can cause cracked floors and walls, unevenness, and more. Learn common signs of foundation damage, along with what you can do to fix it and prevent it.
Keeping up a maintenance routine can help prevent foundation damage. You’re also more likely to spot issues early on before they become serious. Here are seven tips for protecting your foundation to keep your house structurally sound.
If you notice signs of your foundation failing, don’t delay calling a pro. Here are just a few reasons why getting foundation repairs ASAP is so important.
Inspecting your house's foundation is a skill every homeowner should have. Learn how to check the foundation of your home before calling in a professional.
Learn how to pour a concrete slab or foundation when building a new home, and get tips to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Underpinning a foundation is one of the most common foundation repair methods. From the excavation to installing piers, here’s how much it costs.
Before building your dream house, you need to decide which foundation is right for it. Discover the pros and cons of the two most popular foundation options, slab or crawl space, to make an educated decision. Plus, find out the costs of each.
Sunken living rooms used to be all the rage, but styles change over time. Find out here what factors impact the cost to raise a sunken living room.
Foundation problems often show up as other issues first. Learn the key signs of foundation problems so you can take the right action quickly. We’ll help you identify potential issues with your home's foundation, plus advise on what to do.
Wondering what materials are best for load-bearing? Learn the seven best types of house foundations and their benefits in this expert guide.
The soil type under your house can impact your home's foundation. Learn the different foundation soil types and their effect, so you can feel secure in your home.
Shipping container homes are a sustainable small-space living solution rising in popularity. Find out more about shipping container home costs and how to budget for this project.
A slab leak is a leak under your home’s foundation. It can damage your foundation, floors, and walls. Here's a guide to slab leaks, and how to fix them.
Almost every home is susceptible to cracking walls. Sometimes it’s normal, but other times those cracks are warning signs that something is wrong with the structure of your home. Learn more so you can act on foundation problems before it’s too late.