If you're worried about the safety of people using your stairwell then you might need to call in a structural engineer for a consultation.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Cleveland, OH
There are 8 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Cleveland
- Betts Structural Engineering LLCIt was great. Josh Betts returned my call first thing the next morning, and he was at the property quickly (and on a Sunday). Josh was right on time for the walk-through with our contractor. We had the repair plans the following afternoon. Josh is clearly very knowledgeable. I would recommend Betts Structural with absolutely no hesitation
- Mural & Son IncBob is a great guy and a highly expert engineer with decades of experience. Completely honest and will not sell you anything you don't need. Came out right away, spent a long time talking with me and reassured me that a basement floor crack was a concrete shrinkage issue and not at all a structural concern. All for free. He took a huge worry off my mind and wouldn't even let me buy him a cup of coffee! I'll recommend him 1,000 times!!
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncLou jacked up and added supports for a joist in my basement that was sagging. He got the work done in a timely manner and was easy to work with and the floor above is level now! He was able to do it without cracking any of the plaster on the floor above too. I'd definitely hire him again!
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncI would definitely hire Clink Builders again and would recommend them without reservation. There was approximately six months between when we signed the contract and when they were able to begin our project, but they were worth the wait. Their communication throughout the project was excellent and I was kept abreast of their progress, concerns, and project modifications throughout. I feel confident in the work that they completed and was impressed with the thorough nature of their clean up and communication throughout
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncI recommend Clink Builders and Contracting without hesitation. Bill Clink is professional, very knowledgeable, honest, and straightforward. Bill is an expert in his field, and his crew is composed of skilled professionals who not only know their trade very well, but are always professional and courteous. The work we contracted Bill to do was complicated, so I’d like to go into some detail to describe what Clink Builders was able accomplish. Our home was built in the 1850s and one part of the basement was created in about the 1930s. The wall created in the 1930’s was in disrepair with leaning and shifting and multiple cracks and was going to collapse inward. During heavy rains, water would literally pour in through the wall. To complicate matters, our gas, water, and sewer, and electrical lines and breaker box were located along this wall. In other words, the entire wall had to be excavated without interfering or damaging any of those lines. We had consulted several contractors and Bill Clink was the only one who assured us that none of the lines or electric box would have to be moved, and he assured us our water, gas, and electricity would never be shut off during the process. Because of Bill’s many years of experience and reputation, we chose him for the job and are very pleased with the results. I’m not an expert, but it seems to me this was a very complex job. The house had to be supported on jacks, the exterior excavated without disturbing any of the lines, and the wall demolished and removed before a new foundation wall could be put in. Bill and his crew did all of this work without any issues, and the end results are fantastic. As Bill promised, none of our utilities were shut off during the process, and we did not have to vacate the house at any time. We cannot be more pleased with the work. The work done included excavating the foundation exterior, remove existing foundation wall, drain tile work and new downspouts, footer, build new wall with rods drilled into the footer, exterior wall plastered and sealed, seed, fertilizer and straw areas for new grass. Even though over two dump trucks of dirt and debris were removed from our property during the process, our property was left very clean… The new foundation wall is very solid, made with 12 inch block and reinforced every 48 inches. Bill put in a new drainage/downspout system and the wall is dry even during recent heavy rainfall. Bill gave us regular updates throughout the job and his crew was efficient, respectful and worked quickly. The entire job was complete in a little over a week. We found Bill to trustworthy, reliable and conscientious. He is thorough and does top notch work. Dottie, who works in the office, was a joy to work with and always helpful and dependable. It’s important to note that Bill personally supervised the work and was always available to answer any questions. His crew, which included his son, was outstanding. I highly recommend Clink Builders and Contracting
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncEveryone was professional and ciurteous. I've been trying t to find a contractor for this job for a while and Clink builders did it for a reasonable price and made me feel confident that it was done well. Their was nothing for me to clean-up when it was completed.
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncI have a split level house with a slab on one side of house which was sinking. I had been looking for quite a while for someone to fix this problem but on one matched my needs. I found Bill on Angie's List and he contacted me right away. Bill was very knowledgeable regarding all aspects of my slab problem and had done this type of work before. He projected confidence, honesty, assurance, timeliness, and reliability. His quote was very reasonable. In addition, he does (or will get the right person) to complete the various other additional tasks, I requested, (in a timely fashion). In my case these tasks included replacing a fireplace wall/hearth, Mantle, laying ceramic tile, painting, woodwork replacement, laying carpeting, and other minor tasks. Bill and his wife Dottie were great and very personable. They always got back to me quickly with any concerns I had and updates. Their crew (which was also family) were great, friendly, knowledgeable, worked hard, cleaned up after themselves, and were very helpful. I was very pleased with the entire job they did for me and would highly recommend them. They really went out of their way to complete my job
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncAmazing experience. Bill Clink was very supportive and informative about what was going on with our foundation. Came up with the solution, obtained all permits and ensured the job was completed to our satisfaction.
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncJob totally completed in one day. Excellent interaction with neighbors. Scheduling and planning ahead was most challenging.
- Clink Builders & Contracting Co IncThe were fantastic! Bill Clink and his team are among the most wonderful people I've ever hired, which made the process so much easier. First we were not sure what was causing the wall to bow. We had gotten roughly 4-5 other companies we were considering and had 2 civil engineers look at it. Some companies came out to look and were afraid to do the work, because they said you don't know what you'll find once you start digging. Clink's team calmly and professionally evaluated that the problem, which they predicted, and turned out to be, an incorrectly poured side wall foundation, which caused the other wall to bow out. They communicated the information in a manner that made it easy to understand and deal with. After his team dug up the foundation they redid the one side wall footer, which corrected the problem according to engineering standards. It was obviously hard work, but they got the job done very reasonably priced and very professionally and I feel very very confident that it was done right. In addition, part of the wall required masonry repair and his subcontractor was excellent. He matched the brick perfectly. While he was doing the concrete work, we asked him to contract with us to expand our back porch and redo the drainage, which he also did, also very reasonably priced and of excellent quality. I would highly recommend them
Last update on November 3, 2022
Structural Engineers in Cleveland
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Root cellars are a low-cost, sustainable alternative to refrigeration. Learn the benefits of this traditional food storage area and what’s needed to build one.
Removing a load-bearing wall brightens a room and creates an open floor plan. Learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you break the wall, not your budget.
Find structural engineers in
- Cuyahoga Heights,
- Valley View,
- Newburgh Heights,
- Garfield Heights,
- Brooklyn Heights,
- Seven Hills,
- Cleveland Heights,
- North Randall,
- Maple Heights,
- Shaker Heights,
- Middleburg Heights,
- Parma Heights,
- South Euclid,
- University Heights,
- Highland Hills,
- Warrensville Heights,
- East Cleveland,
- Bedford Heights,
- Brook Park
- Cuyahoga Heights
- Valley View
- Newburgh Heights
- Garfield Heights
- Brooklyn Heights
- Seven Hills
- Cleveland Heights
- North Randall
- Maple Heights
- Shaker Heights
- Middleburg Heights
- Parma Heights
- South Euclid
- University Heights
- Highland Hills
- Warrensville Heights
- East Cleveland
- Bedford Heights
- Brook Park
structural engineers in Cleveland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC304 Long St
Ashville, Ohio 43103
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC
- DA Knapp C610 Acorn Pl
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
- DA Knapp C
- Genie of Fairview Door Co3501 E Royalton Rd
Broadview heights, Ohio 44147
- Genie of Fairview Door Co
- HARBOR BUILDING COPO Box 1516
Painesville, Ohio 44077
- HARBOR BUILDING CO
- JAR Engineering & Surveying24629 Detroit Rd # 9
Westlake, Ohio 44145
- JAR Engineering & Surveying
- Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services7250 Big Beaver Blvd .
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania 15010
- Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services
- NYZEN CONSULTING12573 CHILLICOTHE RD
Chesterland, Ohio 44026
- NYZEN CONSULTING
- ON THE JOB30703 ATLANTA LN
Westlake, Ohio 44145
- ON THE JOB