When your power goes out, having a generator that supplies backup power can be a huge relief. Keeping on top of generator maintenance and repairs gives you extra peace of mind as a homeowner. Find out how much generator maintenance costs are.
Get matched with top generator services in Birmingham, AL
There are 7 highly-rated local generator services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Generator Service Reviews in Birmingham
- Tidmore Incwent very well happy with the service. The crew was very kind and professional on time and quick as if they have been doing this a long time. Clean up any mess that was made left our home looking the way it did when they came.
- Guin Service LLCI was very pleased. I felt like both men took time with me and never lost patience with all my questions. I would recommend them to anyone.
- Tidmore IncBoth employees were extremely professional and prompt. Very nice and polite. I could not ask for better service
- Sentry Heating, Air, Plumbing & GeneratorsEarlier in the week, the standby generator had not operated properly during a power outage. Since the previous service company was not responsive, I called Sentry to inspect and service the unit based on their Angie's List reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when Sentry was able to send a technician the same day I called. The dispatcher, Shelley, was very helpful. Clay, the technician, arrived early in the afternoon and we discussed the problem with the generator. He thoroughly examined and tested the generator and transfer switch, serviced the unit and confirmed all was working properly when he left. He also took the time to answer several questions about the system and its operation. We decided to get an annual service contract with Sentry based on this experience; $255 for two service visits per year. If we had not purchased the contract, the cost of the visit alone would have been $99. All in all, a good experience with both Sentry and Angie's List
- Sentry Heating, Air, Plumbing & GeneratorsThey've done a great job servicing my A/C, generator, and heater. They're a little pricey, but they seem to be highly qualified.
- Capital Heating & CoolingI have a Generac generator that needed service after a couple of years of neglect on my part. Capital is a preferred service provider for Generac and I contacted them to schedule an appointment. The technician who arrived on time had 20 years experience with Generac generators and was very knowledgeable and paitient explaining details to me about the operation and maintenance of my generator. I had previously contact Sentry Heating and Air and they told me I needed to replace the control board to the tune of about $900. Capital dispelled that quickly, did a routine service, fired up the generator and told me that the control boards almost never need to be replaced. Capital also set me up with a yearly service plan to keep me from neglecting the generator moving forward and their prices are better than others in town. I highly recommend Capital for generator service and needs
- Tidmore IncTwo very nice young men did the work very professionally. They helped me with some others things I need did that I could not do. I am 80 yrs old & they were so nice to help me. I hope A's are the best I can give them.
- Capital Heating & CoolingI pay $175 for the generator maintenance a year. I pay $150 to service my heating and air conditioning in the fall and spring respectively.
- Sentry Heating, Air, Plumbing & GeneratorsThey were fine. They were great. They did a good job. We signed up for a year contract. It provides two servicing. They were very good, and that's about going right. I had some experience with some other companies, and Sentry charged $250, which was not a bad price. It includes more than one service. They come back out every six months and check it again. They were very helpful. I will use them in the future
- Capital Heating & CoolingThey put in our generator and do a yearly check. They came last year to do a service. I can't remember the exact date. They are wonderful. We personally met the owner. The same people always come out. They are due to service our generator soon.
Generator Services in Birmingham
- Business Description:Our residential service department specializes in electrical repairs, outlet / switch replacement and repair, indoor and outdoor lighting repair and installation, and any other electrical issues you may have. In business since 1983, our family owned company is your local solution to all things electrical. We offer residential and commercial service in Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, and all surrounding areas. We offer an hourly pricing model to ensure you only pay for what is needed with no additiona..
- Business Description:We have been serving Birmingham and the surrounding community since 1987. Our main goals are quality work and reliable service. Asked what single attribute distinguishes Sentry, Charlie Conklin, owner and president, doesn't hesitate in responding, "Follow-up". The royal blue shield emblazoned with "Comfort Guard" is the symbol of Sentry's commitment to, as Conklin puts it, "taking the time to do every job right the first time and then going the extra mile to ensure that our customers stay sat..Recent Review:Meeting was very professional, and the representative definitely knew what he was talking about. In the end, we decided to go with a different service as Sentry's quote was pretty high, and the Ben Franklin's heating and air was quite cheaper. <br /Marvin H.
- Business Description:Freedom Heating and Cooling is a full service air conditioning and heating contractor with the ability to service and install HVAC systems. In addition to scheduled service checks, repairing of existing equipment, and installation of new equipment, we can help you find ways to reduce your energy bills. We have an extensive history of repair service on all brands of central air conditioning and heating systemsRecent Review:I guess it came through okay. What I got through them was maintenance and the next couple of weeks I had to get a new unit. It didn't work right. He told me what I had would last me for a while. He did notice that I didn't have a perfect unit, my unit was old. On July 28th, I had to buy a whole new unit. That was okay that was good. The pricing was good. The quality was goodRunda H.
- Business Description:Whether you're building a new home, remodeling the existing one, or need some home electrical repairs, let us handle the job at your home. We'll fit our approach to the way you live! Service electrical company located in Calera, AL. We offer all jobs including the New Electrical installation, New homes, Remodels, and Updates. Give us a call today so we can take a look at the project!Recent Review:Frank did a great job! He arrived right on time and put up two ceiling fans in an hour! We then hired him to come another time to replace a chandelier in a room with 20’ ceiling. It was tricky but he did just what we wanted. We will call him again if we need anything electrical.Lynn M.
- Business Description:We have been in business for over 33 years. Our work is from small service calls to large additions, remodels, new homes and commercial work. Call Bill at 205-444-1530 or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:I have used there services a few times now and I like there services. They are prompt and tell me when they are coming. There are no surprises with them. They always return my calls in a timely manner.martin m.
- Business Description:Providing quality electrical service work since 1987. Licensed, bonded and insured. 24/7 emergency service for both residential and commercial customers. Free estimates and referral bonuses for all customers. We are your local Generac generator sales and service provider. Please call us for all your generator needs. DBA Current Electrical & Generator ServiceRecent Review:All the personnel were polite and knowledgeable. The salesman completed a through assessment of the project. We discussed options and he provided me with an estimate within a couple of days. Once I made the decision to proceed, I was contacted by a project supervisor who discussed with me the timeline for installation. The project supervisor contacted my gas company for an assessment of the gas meter to insure it could handle the generator that was being installed. He also contacted the power company, arranged for all permits and inspections, and contracted a plumber to install additional gas line. Overall, he arranged for everything that needed to be done for the installation. On the installation day the team arrived 30 minutes before the scheduled time and began work. The work was completed in a timely manner and the generator was tested. Due to scheduling conflicts with the city and the power company the work could not be certified until the following day. The project supervisor worked with the power company to get us back on line so that we would not be without power for the evening. The following day the city inspector met with an electrician for the company and the generator was certified. The electrician then went through an education process with me and explained how the system was set up and what to expect. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend them. Be aware that the company does business under multiple names (Tidmore Inc, Huntsville Generator, Current Electrical and Generator Services). This was confusing at timesGlen T.
- Business Description:Our strong team of technicians have been dedicating their expertise to our community for more than 25 years. Call us today!We’re an Alabama Power Superior Solutions Dealer Alabama Power created the Superior Solutions Dealer Program to help you connect with a quality heating and cooling company that you can have complete confidence in. Superior Solutions partners are chosen because of their excellent training, products and customer service. One Source is an Alabama Power Superior Solutions D..Recent Review:They were prompt. They did a good job and I did run into an issue at the begging, but they came right out and took care of it. Their price was pretty good based on some of the estimates that I had got. They were very punctual and professional. I would use them again in the future.Archie B.
- Business Description:We specialize in home electrical, plumbing, heating & cooling and major appliance service and repair. We provide up front, guaranteed pricing on every job. If our technician ever smokes, swears or leaves any mess in your home the service is free! And you always get our OnTime guaranty - Service OnTime or we pay YOU 59!. We have earned Angie's List Super Service Awards for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2020.. We are members of the BBB with an A+ rating. We have been lo..Recent Review:I was extremely pleased with Ontime Service. I received an advance email letting me know who would be coming to my home, with a picture I believe, and Sam introduced himself upon arrival. I liked that I could schedule an exact time for service and Sam was on time. They have a fixed pricing structure, so you pay for service, not time. Sam was very thorough and careful to protect his work area, and even helped me move my table back in place, which was thoughtful. I would definitely use Ontime Service again for my electrical or plumbing needsValerie B.
- Business Description:Sales, Service & Rebuilding of Antique and Classic Car Components such as, Carburetors, Starters, Generators, Fuel Pumps, Double & Single Action Fuel Pump Rebuilding, Water Pumps, Hydraulic Top Pumps, Distributors, and DELCO Knee Action Shocks, We also carry a complete line of NOS and NORS parts. We offer FREE Technical advice for any YEAR Classic Car 609-462-741
- Business Description:Award winning. We are a locally owned company with a family atmosphere. Majority of our thirteen employees have been with our company over 14 years. Our service technicians have between 16 to 25 years experienceRecent Review:The technician was dispatched very quickly to our home when the receptionist heard that our air conditioner was not working. The technician diagnosed the problem and provided several price/efficiency options for repair/replacement. The following morning, we called with our decision and the work was scheduled for later the same day. The two technicians stayed until the work was complete and the air conditioning was working. At all times, the technicians were professional, courteous, and efficient. I do highly recommend Capital and will call on them again when neededColin M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful generator service articles
Generators come in a wide range of sizes based on wattage, and your needs will be different depending on if you want to power your home or provide some electricity for an outdoor event. This guide will break down how to calculate the right size.
The cost of a generator and its installation depends on the type you choose and its size. Use this guide to learn more about generator installation costs so that you can figure out your budget.
Find generator services in
generator services in Birmingham
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bolt Electric1908 Carraway St.
Birmingham, Alabama 35235
- Bolt Electric
- Capital Heating & Cooling524 Mineral Trace
Hoover, Alabama 35244
- Capital Heating & Cooling
- Freedom Heating & Cooling2881 Shannon Oxmoor Road
Birmingham, Alabama 35211
- Freedom Heating & Cooling
- Guin Service LLC10 55th St S
Birmingham, Alabama 35212
- Guin Service LLC
- Mr. Electric of BirminghamPO Box 130399
Birmingham, Alabama 35213
- Mr. Electric of Birmingham
- One Source Heating & Cooling LLC4400 Pinson Valley Pkwy
Birmingham, Alabama 35215
- Ontime Service - Electrical, Heating & Cooling, & Plumbing2668 Old Rocky Ridge Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35216
- One Source Heating & Cooling LLC
- Ray's Electrical Service LLC931 Meriweather Dr
Calera, Alabama 35040
- Ray's Electrical Service LLC
- Sentry Heating, Air, Plumbing & Generators2490 Rocky Ridge Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35243
- Sentry Heating, Air, Plumbing & Generators