Safe drinking water is essential to a healthy household, but knowing which water treatment system to get can be an intimidating and confusing process. Check out these seven tips to help you get the right water treatment system for your home.
Get matched with top water softener companies in Albany, NY
There are 11 highly-rated local water softener companies.
Recent Water Softeners Reviews in Albany
- Dave's PlumbingEXCELLENT!! Dave responded to an urgent situation without hesitation. He knew what needed to be done and immediately started working. All work was perfectly completed in a timely fashion. He arrives when he says he will be there. This is the second project that he has done for us and we would not hesitate to call him again
- Safewell Technologies, Inc.Everything went well Kelly is extremely professional and knowledgeable he was able to handle every snafu that came up with ease he also carries all the best pumps parts and pieces right on his truck. He made what could have been a long difficult job extremely easy. Kelly's very good at describing what's got to be done and your options in detail. His prices are comparable with the other company I spoke with, I'm extremely happy I went with safewell technologies. I feel like Kelly is not just good at what he does he's a good person. He's definitely earned my trust and I look forward to having him come back and update our filter and water softener systems
- Water SolutionsAt first, John explained things well, and came to install the 2 systems we agreed upon. I went with his company because I trusted that he knew his stuff and my neighbors had used him. But personal interaction with him was a total fail. At the first visit, a part he needed had not arrived in time for the appointment, and the owner could not return for 3 weeks with the part. When I was distressed that the wait was so long, he was accusatory towards me for not being patient, when my concern was about the water system working properly. When the sulfur returned 10 months later, I got no response to my email, called, then waited 3 weeks for an appt, and when the owner came out, (later than the late time I agreed to when they had an emergency, which I accommodated) he had not brought what he would need to service the 10 month old machine. When I expressed dismay, he once again became personal and upset with me for not being understanding, and refused to help at all, though I'd paid $3500 for his products. He hung up on me, and did not follow up. He was unapologetic about his own errors, his lateness, and refused to service the equipment because I had expectations of professionalism and wasn't constantly understanding. Perhaps you need to be male for him to be respectful and take responsibility for his own errors. He's left me high and dry, so be warned
- Safewell Technologies, Inc.We contacted Safewell this month with a lab report on our water that indicated a number of issues, including contamination and hardness. Kelly analyzed the report and followed up with a phone consultation where he patiently and thoroughly explained a few potential solutions. He also made a special trip to our house to do additional tests, rule out other problems, and further narrow down our options. Only a few days later, Kelly installed our sanitization and softening systems. Kelly's work was thorough, efficient and very professional. You can really tell he takes pride in what he does. Because of Safewell, we're incredibly pleased to report that our water is now crystal clear and the unknown smells are gone! Kelly has since been extremely responsive to our follow-up questions. I doubt we'll have to reach out in the future -- not only because of the quality of the work, but because Safewell's system has easy-to-understand maintenance instructions right on the unit. If we do have to reach out for whatever reason, I know we'll be in good hands. We are incredibly happy we went with Safewell and thankful for the excellent work Kelly did. We highly recommend Safewell to diagnose and fix any issues you have with your water quality
- Safewell Technologies, Inc.Kelly Walters of Safewell Technologies did an outstanding job in installing my water softening system and repairing my UV treatment system..He is reliable and trustworthy and very knowledgeable . He worked hard and made sure everything was working perfect and he followed up to ensure i was happy with the system..I highly recommend Kelly and Safewell Technologies
- H2O SolutionsWe had H2O Solutions (Lou and Brian) install a "solution" over 3 years ago. We have had stinky water 90% of the time since installation! Earlier this year we spent an additional $7,000 with H2O with the assurance that the new equipment would solve our problem, and Lou stated that he would refund our money if it didn't. It didn't solve the problem. We called for a service visit for the 15th or 16th time and Brian came to see what was going on. After I expressed my frustration with the system he decided he didn't want to hear any more complaints and left without fixing anything. Wow, how's that for customer service? Maybe that's why they aren't accredited by the Better Business Bureau. There is a similar story from another homeowner on the BBB site. Our new neighbor had H2O install a very similar system and they too are having the same issue
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PLUMBINGFine. He knew what to look for and didn't waste any time. Was very pleasant to me. All plumbers are expensive. It's difficult for seniors to pay large amounts out of pocket. But trade people are necessary. Now I'm looking for someone to do pruning and clean up my shrubbery in the front of my home.
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PLUMBINGI wish we had had Peter install the unit to begin with. It is very difficult to reach areas which require changing of rings and filters. We were able to have the unit serviced and be confident in the job done. We will probably continue to have Farrell Brothers service this unit and may even go with them for servicing the heating and cooling system. Knowledgeable and professional
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PLUMBINGWe got two estimates, and this one was the best. The salesmen was honest and the installer did great work. We would use them again.
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PLUMBINGWent fine. We were having bacterial issues with our drilled well which chlorination temporarily addressed, but we wanted a long term solution (chlorine pump, UV light, etc.). The owner (Randy Howe) came the next day (a Thursday), tested the water and suggested a UV light unit along with a conditioning unit, both made by EasyWater. I had the two units installed the following Tuesday. No issues so far, and the water seems fine. I will have the water retested for bacteria soon (I submit samples through the Rensselaer County Health Dept., which in turn sends the samples over to St. Peter’s Bender Lab). The installing plumber seemed both knowledgeable and competent, and cleaned up after himself before he left
Water Softener Installers in Albany
- Business Description:Residential and business water treatment systems. Water softeners, UV lights. We will analyze your water for contaminants such as chlorine, low pH, iron, bacteria, and devise a system to suit your needs. Treat your water from the source, as it enters your home, so whether you are drinking it, cooking with it or bathing in it, your water is pureRecent Review:The process was quick and easy. I just provided a water sample. It was determined that I had high levels of chlorine in our drinking water. I was able to solve my water problems with only one filter. Why did I wait years to have this done? Now I can be confident that our water is safe. Highly recommendedTony R.
- Business Description:ADDITIONAL ADDRESSES: 4159 US ROUTE 20, CASTLETON ON HUDSON, NY 12033Recent Review:The men arrived quickly, determined the problem and worked until the problem was fixed! Very pleased. Would recommend and hire them again.Adam C.
- Business Description:Family owned and run since 1957 , Full service water treatment dealer doing sales, rentals, and serviceRecent Review:Excellent service. Consultant made the two hour drive to me, went over options and gave a reasonable price. The crew showed at the appointed time and installed the softener, new hoses and pipes, cleared out the old equipment, and left us extra salt. The entire process was smooth and professionally executed and the cost was way less than that of all other bidders. I highly recommend AquascienceCarl B.
- Business Description:We offer 24 hour Emergency Services on all of your plumbing needs, which means our telephone is answered 24 hours a day. Our trucks are fully stocked to save you time and money. We only install quality products and guarantee all of our work. Whether you have a faucet that you need repaired or a new water heater installed we can help you now. We can even finance your project so call us today. You won't be disappointedRecent Review:They were excellent. Very fair. They did not charge us for the visit.David K.
- Business Description:With over 38 years of experience in Plumbing & Heating Algonquin Plumbing is owner operated & provides professional service & affordable upfront pricing Knowledgeable, Honest & Trustworthy Although I pay for my contacts here on Angie's List, I still offer free estimates to all my customers Serious inquiries only please. Thank you for your consideratioRecent Review:Excellent. Was able to do the job on the spot. Very friendly and knowledgeable.Raymond T.
- Business Description:Safewelltech is a licensed and insured well water contractor, certified pump installer and professional water treatment company. We are authorized dealers of high-quality products so that you can choose from a wide range of solutions not always offered by others. Contact us today for assistance with all your well water pump, tank, testing or treatment questions or needs. No job is too big or too smallRecent Review:It went great. Showed up early! On a Sunday! Trouble shot the issue and tried to solve my it before settling on what we all suspected and feared from the beginning; a total pump replacement. Kelly and Eric were EXTREMELY professional and informative. Informed me every step of the way of what was happening with the job as it was happening. It all made perfect sense and I know enough about the subject matter to know he was being straight with me. They were prepared for everything; had all the parts for job on the truck (and there were lots/ who does that anymore!). They wouldn’t and didn’t leave before me and my family had working water again. They didn’t even take a break and it was long day. All this after Hawk Drilling wanted a crazy amount of money to pour acid (!) down my well before even accessing the issue. I’m glad I found Safewell Tech before I went down that road and will be recommending them to my friends and family!Jason J.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated.Recent Review:I called Kyle on a Sun. afternoon. He said he would come over early on Mon. morning. He was here at 7:00. It took him an hour or two to troubleshoot the problems. He found and corrected problems inside with a valve and a gauge. He found that the outside casing had a hole in a pipe and was leaking. This was the source of the problem; it was causing the indoor problems, too. He said he would be back at noon with Mike and an excavator to correct the pipe issue. He came back as he said he would. It must have taken about three hours for them to excavate and repair the pipe, complicated by the excessive water at the site due the leak from the pipe and high water table. They were able to repair it so we had water again. Hurray! They backfilled and cleaned up the site as best they could given the wet and muddy conditions. They gave us very prompt, polite, and skilled service. My wife and I are very well pleased. We will use them againJerald V.
- Business Description:Culligan is the world’s leading water treatment company. For over 75 years, Culligan has led the way in water treatment technology, providing the most advanced products and solutions for the world’s water problems. Your local Culligan Man is your local water expert. He is dedicated to delivering high-quality water solutions that will improve the lives of his customers. Simply stated, Culligan believes that better water will make life better for you and your family. Today we offer the most tec..Recent Review:Work was performed as scheduled, on time, and in location requested. Installer was professional and cleaned up after. Did a great job managing a more difficult spigot requested to be bypassed. Culligan tends to be higher priced, but equipment is reliable and serviceable nearly forever. We expect lower lifetime costs with an HE model. We are happy with our decisionRobert I.
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated - servicing the Capital District for almost 15 years. Service and installation of all major brands by factory trained technicians. Available for after hours emergency repair service (treatment systems only) - call for detailRecent Review:Very professional and knowable. Would use again.Joe H.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated excavation contractor. I have been doing residential and commercial excavating for the last fifteen years so we have the knowledge and equipment to get the job done. Wether you need a driveway installed or a lot cleared for your new home, we do it all. Give us a call today for a free estimateRecent Review:Our garage slab turned out GREAT!! We live in a rocky area with a lot drainage issues. Pat came is gave us his honest opinion and helped us plan the best way to position our garage for our property. He was reliable and his crew got the job done in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend him and use again for future projectsChealse C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful water softener installer articles
Is your home ready for a water softener? Before installing a system to treat hard water, you should pre-plumb your home. By making a minor effort to do so, you’ll protect your water-using appliances and prevent mineral deposit stains.
Hard water has the reputation of sneaking up on us—drying our hair, skin, and clothing, and even clogging pipes and appliances. So when your water softener comes to the rescue, how exactly does a water softener work?
Find water softener companies in
- Feura Bush
- Green Island
- East Greenbush
- East Berne
- West Sand Lake
water softener companies in Albany
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Water Systems17372 Rt 22
Berlin, New York
- Affordable plumbing 207 Sunnyside Rd
Schenectady, New York
- Algonquin Plumbing 8 Oxford Park
Ballston Lake, New York
- Allied Constructionpo box 220
East Nassau, New York
- Allura Solar1462 Erie Blvd
Schenectady, New York
- AQUASCIENCE217 Guideboard Rd
Clifton Park, New York
- ARK Water Solutions105 Wyman Street
Scotia, New York
- Advanced Water Systems
- Cataffo Well & Pump Services356 County Highway 156
Johnstown, New York
- Chas G Burch Supply Co760 State St
Schenectady, New York
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems338 Mountain Dr N
- Compass Realty, IncPO Box 272
Cropseyville, New York
- Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc25 INDUSTRIAL PARK RD
Albany, New York
- Culligan of Troy NY6 Spring Ave
Troy, New York
- Cataffo Well & Pump Services
- Efficient Heating & Cooling Services80 Washington St
Gloversville, New York
- Empire State Plumbing Inc3725 US-20
Nassau, New York
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Efficient Heating & Cooling Services
- Malone's Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Remodeling L45-47 S Hudson Ave
Stillwater, New York
- MT Simoncavage Plumbing & Excavation17 Park Ave
Stillwater, New York
- Mullers Plumbing & Drain Cleaning810 Harrison Ave
Schenectady, New York
- Malone's Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Remodeling L
- Night Owl Mechanical105 County Route 312
Westerlo, New York
- Night Owl Mechanical
- Pipes Plus LLC4620 Rt. 32
Catskill, New York
- Pipes Plus LLC
- Quality Water Solutions447 Moe Rd
Clifton Park, New York
- Quality Water Solutions
- Verity Water, LLC4 Clifford Dr
Ballston Lake, New York
- Verity Water, LLC