The average cost to convert two single garage doors to one is $3,000
Matching on Angi
Garage Door Repair Reviews In The Area
Garage Door Repair Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Garage Door Repair project in Ashburn, VA
Deals for Garage Door Repair Nearby
Similar to Garage Door Repair
In the United States 63% of houses have a garage or carport - there are thousands of garage door repair companies
To find the best repair company near you, follow these basic hiring steps:
- Read online reviews seeking out grades and ratings - You should always work with companies that have the most experience, and garage repair companies that have been in your area for a while are usually more reputable. They will have more reviews and thus more information on their level of expertise. Contact at least three to see the cost factors in your nearby area.
- Learn about their licensing - Depending on where you live, licensing may or may not be required for garage door repair. After you contact them, get in touch with your state, county, or city licensing office to learn whether or not this is a licensed profession in your area, and if a company isn't licensed when they should be, move on.
- Get a feel for their reputation - If a garage door repair company routinely does a good job, it will be easy to find out. Start the vetting process by asking the company for customer referrals, and then compare this information with objective local reviews.
- Know your type of garage door opener and quiz the pro - The three types of garage door openers are Chain Drive, Belt Drive and Screw Drive.
Quick hiring tip:
Pick a company with a permanent address - While it's possible that a mobile garage repair technician without a permanent address is the best at his or her job, if you work with a company that doesn't have a physical office, you could be left in the lurch when you need to follow up on a job that wasn't done right.
Typical signs a garage door needs repaired:
- It works, but it clanks and the gears grind
- It just won't work via hardwired buttons or remote controls
- It starts to creep open and then it closes halfway through
- It opens and then immediately closes or vice versa
- The door is off the track and looks crooked when "closed"
Common garage door repair services include:
- Opener repair
- Commercial garage doors
- Basic service
- Carriage house doors,
- Custom wood garage doors
- Steel garage doors
- Garage spring repair
Common garage door repair questions & answers
How much does it cost to repair a garage door?
Garage owners pay between $80 and $550 for garage door repair, depending on the situation.
How much does it cost to replace garage door springs?
It will cost between $190 and $350 to replace a spring.
What is the best garage door opener?
Expect to pay between $100 and $200 to repair a garage opener. Parts might not be included in this range.
Do garage door repair techs near me give free estimates?
Yes - most garage door companies will give out free estimates. But be sure to ask because in larger markets there could be a fee.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Garage Door Company Articles
The typical cost to replace garage door spring is $150 to $350
A garage remodel costs around $14,200 on average