It turns out, you may not own your own front yard! At least in Washington, D.C., history trumps property rights when it comes to replacing, repairing fencing.
Get matched with top driveway gate installers in Winston Salem, NC
There are 5 highly-rated local driveway gate installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Driveway Gate Installation Reviews in Winston Salem
- Carolina FenceLarry & Crew did a great job. Sandra provided the support needed to complete the federal and state grant reporting requirements for our reimbursements.
- Carolina FenceThey were on time each day, did a great job and had no problem making a couple of adjustments I asked for. They were eager to please me and very professional. Sandra was my office contact. She was very pleasant, knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.
- Diversified Fence Builders IncJason was awesome and so was Linda! I had a few snafus with getting the permit and they handled it well. They were quick to schedule the installation (less than 2 weeks!) and the crew arrived as promised. Of the many advantages with this company, the one that stood out was - they use cedar pickets, boards that last longer. I definitely wanted cedar and that is Diversified's standard... you have to pay more with other companies. Highly recommend
- Diversified Fence Builders IncFor this particular job, I would say I was a pretty difficult customer. I was not sure on the type of fencing I wanted or the configuration I wanted it built in. I was first quoted for a 6' wood shadowbox fence, that based on a wooden fence I had built at my other house, seemed very reasonable in price. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to cancel that fencing order. They were very understanding and canceled it upon my request. When I was in the position to get another estimate, I had changed my mind both in the material I wanted and the configuration. I ended up getting a 6' black chainlink fence around the perimeter of my yard with a secondary privacy fence between myself and my neighbor. I had decided on two fences because I really wanted to be able to see the woods in my back yard, but also wanted to reduce the stress that my neighbor was feeling with me having two bigger dogs. Jason, the estimator, was very accommodating, nice, and knowledgeable. He made many recommendations to help me find the type and configuration of fencing that would make me happy. I was concerned that the 6' chain link fence would have a "correctional facility" look to it, but I can tell you, it is beautiful! Both fences are! The gentlemen that came to my house to do the work were very friendly and completely cleaned up after themselves. Comparing this experience to the experience I had going through Home Depot for my other fence, I would say that this far exceeded my expectations, especially in service! If you ever read this, thank you for the amazing fence!! My dogs love it! Hali
- Diversified Fence Builders IncTwo workers did the entire fence. They were very pleasant and efficient. They were like two worker bees. The fence is perfect and our dog and cat love their new, private yard. As do we. Jeff and Margo Eberle
- Diversified Fence Builders IncIt was great. Jason is efficient and knowledgable, made the whole process easy and professional. i felt great about the company even before they started the work. i had gotten other quotes, some lack luster responses, and picked DF easily. They worked with me on scheduling and came right out as soon as the weather permitted. They built the fence in one day and it is a beauty. i was just amazed at the quality of the materials, how thick the posts were, how sturdy the gates, etc. I plan on using them again in the future. It was a real pleasure and I got a great quality product in the end
- Holman Fence LLCThey were great. They cleaned up the area and we were pleased. They got it done promptly, it took a few days. The workmanship stood out, it is a very nice looking fence and we are very happy with it.
- Diversified Fence Builders IncThese guys were the best! Jason came out the same day I contacted him and gave a quote that was very reasonable. They kept in touch with us about the install date and were prompt in making that date. Although we were not home when they installed the fence, they completed it in one day and to more than our satisfaction. The both the materials and the construction of the fence are excellent. They cleaned up so well that it didn't even look that had been there. I highly recommend these guys for fencing and gate work. I couldn't be happier
- Diversified Fence Builders IncWe had just purchased our home and wanted a fence for our animals in the backyard. I called several providers and got as many quotes. I found right away that Diversified Fence was the most prompt to respond with getting someone onsite to see what my needs were, and got me a quote right away. Jason and Linda seemed awesome. And with all these stellar reviews here on AngiesList, how could we go wrong? They were prompt in getting a deposit from us and set an installation date for about two weeks later. The install went fine and on time, but when we discovered that the fence left a 4-6 inch gap at the bottom of the fence over a long stretch, we found this unacceptable and even after being assured of "Satisfaction Guaranteed" by Linda over the phone as she took our final payment this is where our problems started... We called right away and Linda tried giving us the brush off and run around. About a week later, I emailed Linda photos of our fence issues, and when finally got her on the telephone (she was dodging my calls at this point - more on this in a moment), she assured me that Jason would be contacting me the next day. We waited...and waited...and waited... A week after this we tried getting a hold of Diversified Fence again, and we found that by we had to use different telephone numbers in order to get someone on the phone (it would appear that they are using CallerID to dodge calls). Finally after some very rude and condescending conversations with Linda, Jason got a hold of us and he informed us that he was just now hearing about our issues and he assured me that he would take care of things right way - oh, but wait, he was too busy to get to us right away...so we had to wait another week. .Once he arrived, my wife and I had to argue a resolution with the fence to where we would be satisfied with them installing a couple of 2x4's and a 2x6 at the fence bottom to close up the gaps. Jason continued on and on and on about how the fence needed to be straight, even though on another section of fence it was not straight and followed the contour of the yard - which we pointed out. We finally had the workmen out yesterday (March 31st), even though Jason assured us that he would be handling this personally. Jason called me to say that his workmen were already at my house and had completed the job. I went there and found that they had not completed the modifications to the fence according to our previous meeting. When I got Jason on the phone, he was incredibly argumentative (to which he later apologized because he was busy at a Trade Show). In any case, the workmen went out and procured a few more 2x4's and completed the tasks correctly. In the end, I found that this was a very pleasant and professional company from the start, but upon having problems - they just lost all care for our satisfaction. To recap... * Our fence was installed quite well and timely, and it looks great, just that it would not have been able to keep our pets inside the fence area (this is the NUMBER ONE reason we got the fence) * Linda the office manager was rude and condescending on the telephone when I brought our concerns to her, not to mention the phone call dodging. * Jason was argumentative and difficult to deal with. * Final repairs were done incorrectly the first time, and it took a bit of arguing with Jason to get them corrected to our original agreement. * Additionally, the gate for our driveway scraped the concrete, lots of installation trash (tags from the boards, bits and pieces of concrete bags, etc) was left all over our yard, and neighbors yards - this I cleaned up myself, and several of the posts were not filled in all of the way. In the end, I wish I had chosen another company to install our fence. The amount of stressed this caused for my wife and I was unacceptable, and I hope that no one else has to have such an interaction with Diversified Fence again. If you're reading this review, I hope that you take this into account before choosing this company to handle your fence installation
- Fence Builders IncThe sales and installation experience were great. Very nice gate. Gate came with one year warranty. Gate stopped working 6-8 months after installed so I called and was told the transformer could be bad. I drove to office and took transformer to exchange for new one. The service manager who's name I believe was David, was very rude. He explained that he could not just give out parts because the problem was most likely lightning damage that was not covered under warranty. I offered to pay him the $35.00 for the part but he told me to take it this time. This did not correct problem so I called David back and he sent service man to repair gate. He replaced circuit board to correct problem. I was billed $500.00 with notation, repairs due to lightning damage and/or power surge. There had not been any storms during this time and there was no evidence of storm or electrical damage. I have had gate repaired since by another company whoand quot;s service manager was very polite and easy to work with
Last update on February 13, 2017
Driveway Gate Installers in Winston Salem
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful driveway gate installer articles
Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Automatic gates are one of the greatest luxuries on those hot days when you don’t want to leave your car to open the gate. Using this guide, you’ll learn about the different types of automatic gates currently on the market and which is right for you.
Find driveway gate installers in
- Rural Hall,
- Bermuda Run,
- Belews Creek,
- Oak Ridge,
- Walnut Cove,
- High Point,
- East Bend,
driveway gate installers in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ABLE FENCE BUILDERS INC3900 US HIGHWAY 29 N
Greensboro, North Carolina 27405
- Allied Fence Company of Greensboro202 Stage Coach Trail
Greensboro, North Carolina 27409
- Ander Walker Plumbing, Inc.319 Elam Ave
Ramseur, North Carolina 27316
- Andrew Smith Construction169 Hidden Valley Lane
Mocksville, North Carolina 27028
- ABLE FENCE BUILDERS INC
- F.I.T.S. Right Tree Service135 Midway Forrest Dr
Randleman, North Carolina 27317
- F.I.T.S. Right Tree Service
- RC Fence134 Madison Ln
GASTONIA, North Carolina 28056
- RC Fence
- Tedder Construction2024 Pine Bluff St.
Greensboro, North Carolina 27403
- Tedder Construction
- Zuniga Custom Builders and Home Repair1700 N. Elm Street #N5
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
- Zuniga Custom Builders and Home Repair