Leasing solar panels has several pros and cons. While you save money upfront, you also forfeit the benefits that you’d get with purchasing solar panels. Here’s what you need to know to decide whether or not you should lease or buy solar panels.
Get matched with top solar panel companies in Virginia Beach, VA
There are 12 highly-rated local solar panel companies.
Recent Solar Companies Reviews in Virginia Beach
- Sun MechanicalExcellent, he did a great job! John was on time and very professional. He also wore a mask and gloves which was appreciated because of COVID-19.
- Pyramid RoofingNathan was very professional and helpful from start-to-finish. We received a detailed analysis of the costs and payback over time, and he explained the income that is available from selling green energy credits in addition to the 30% tax break and the potential to sell power back to the grid. In this area we won't be selling a ton of power back, and yet we will still recover our investment in 7 or 8 years. Pyramid took care of all the details. We were apparently the first grid-tied solar residence in our county, and this did result in some delays - as the county decided how much paperwork to require and how to do a proper electrical inspection. Pyramid brought in a company from North Carolina to help with the installation and train their crew, since this is a relatively new business for them. I listened-in on some of the training, and I would feel confident using Pyramid Roofing in the future based on what I heard. Dominion Virginia Power took a couple of weeks to install a new electric meter that will properly credit us for those times when we do produce more power than we consume. The system they use gives you a website you can access that gives you graphs and stats about your power generation. This type PV solar installation can be easily expanded. If we decide to do this in the future we will be sure to use Pyramid Roofing
- Pyramid RoofingJim arrived early & took time to explain process job. Done very professionally work excellent left no mess & Jolan Tubes preformed better then expected.
- FIVE STAR CUSTOM BLINDS, INCThis was truly a Great Experience ! I have a large Bay window in the south facing direction in my home and my curtains have faded and look completely old. Also all my beautiful and treasured jade and amethyst crystal figurines have faded which I didn't know could happen, so I figured I would see about getting blinds, which I didn't want to do because of my beautiful view, but I called a few companies , but when I called 5 Star I talked with Brian the actual Owner !! I explained everything and he said that understood my dilemma, and told me about some other ideas that might be a good fit for what I was looking for. We set an appointment and he brought a lot of samples and pictures of jobs he's done with people in my same situation. It was quite educational and fun actually ! He spent a lot of time explaining and answering my questions, he is Very professional and more than that a Gentleman. He actually even put on shoe covers over his shoes to not track in dirt. So with that, he run's his company in that manner with his employees, and best of all, they Clean Up after themselves, Lol... I Highly Recommend this company ! Brian is the Best !! p.s. oh, so I got the window tinted and the very awesome solar shades .. :
- Convert SolarVery professional and courteous. Took great care to explain the system to me and answer all my questions.
- SOLAR LIGHTING OF VIRGINIAWe saw the solar powered attics fans at a recent home show and asked Solar Lighting of VA to give us an estimate. It took a few weeks to get the estimate but the saleman, Jimmy, did a quality job on the estimate. He provided good and logical advice for the products they have and how/where they would install them. It was a zero pressure sales pitch and I think Jimmy was surprised when I said 'When get we get the installation scheduled'. It took two weeks to get a date we could both make work out. The installer arrived early (a postive) and did try to call first. Installation was pretty fast for the remove and replace old fan, a bit more involved for removing the static vent and enlarge the hole to install the second fan. The order could have been written up a bit clearer on how to install the second fan, he was surprised when I said to replace the static vent. It all took about two hours. I can tell the difference in the rooms below where the fans are now pulling out hot air
- Brighter Homes of Hampton RoadsThey were very responsive and very professional. The price was good and they were very courteous.
- Convert SolarThe entire experience with Convert Solar was great. Initial consultation was very informative. They satisfactorily answered a list of questions I had prepared. I requested a few changes to the design they proposed and was quickly accommodated. The installation begin shortly after signing the contract. The installers were professional and safety conscious. I researched solar equipment and installation quite a bit and the total cost was very reasonable. The panel attachment hardware passed a leak test provided by the remnants of hurricane Mathew
- Convert SolarInstalled on time, with all considerations for safety of installation, responded to all of our questions to assure we understood what we could expect from the system. Installed the latest, up to date equipment and components at a very competitive price (competitor was significantly more expensive for the exact same brand/model equipment). Highly recommend this contractor. This contractor's address is slightly different from the one available on Angie's List. Should be 2245 Leeward Shore Ct., Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Future Renovations IncThese contractors are wonderful, hard workers. We were very pleased with all of their work. They were very thorough with measurements and preparations so once work began in went smoothly. Very competent and skilled and knowledgeble, I think these guys could tackle any project, and they also have good ideas. They are also honest and we left them alone to work in our home for several days. Their prices are very competetive and they don't charge you for all the little things that other contractors add in while they are working. We highly reccommend them. They also sell and install solar panels
Solar Panel Installers in Virginia Beach
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Five Star Custom Blinds Inc, offers the Finest Quailty in Custom Blinds and Plantation Shutters, and Decorative Window Film. We carry Hunter Douglas, Graber ,and many many more. Five Star Custom Blinds does not Use Sub -Contractors , We have 5 Employees , We accept all Major Credit Cards, Cash, and Checks. We have a Show Room in Virginia Beach, so Stop by and see us, ThankRecent Review:This was truly a Great Experience ! I have a large Bay window in the south facing direction in my home and my curtains have faded and look completely old. Also all my beautiful and treasured jade and amethyst crystal figurines have faded which I didn't know could happen, so I figured I would see about getting blinds, which I didn't want to do because of my beautiful view, but I called a few companies , but when I called 5 Star I talked with Brian the actual Owner !! I explained everything and he said that understood my dilemma, and told me about some other ideas that might be a good fit for what I was looking for. We set an appointment and he brought a lot of samples and pictures of jobs he's done with people in my same situation. It was quite educational and fun actually ! He spent a lot of time explaining and answering my questions, he is Very professional and more than that a Gentleman. He actually even put on shoe covers over his shoes to not track in dirt. So with that, he run's his company in that manner with his employees, and best of all, they Clean Up after themselves, Lol... I Highly Recommend this company ! Brian is the Best !! p.s. oh, so I got the window tinted and the very awesome solar shades .. :June C.
- Business Description:As a residential roofing contractor proudly serving the Greater Hampton Roads, Middle Peninsula, Virginia Beach and surrounding areas, we have been in business since 1986 and provide service to the entire Hampton Roads/Williamsburg area. We specialize in residential roofing materials but also install new gutters, attic insulation and solar PV systems. We are a Class A Contractor and proud member of the BBB. We are especially proud of our A+ rating. Additional service area - King And Queen, Ja..Recent Review:Outstanding. They responded quickly and fixed the problem.Herbert B.
- Business Description:Old Dominion Improvements is your one-stop shop for the best in home construction, exterior and interior remodeling and more in Southside Hampton Roads. Since 1987, O.D.I. has been remodeling all of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Portsmouth, VA with top-notch quality workmanship. We give you outstanding value for your money and will work within your budget LICENSE: #A39606. ALSO DBA OLD DOMINION HOME IMPROVEMENTS O D IRecent Review:Very well with the needs of the customer in mindThomas P.
- Business Description:Small, locally owned business with over 25 years of experience in all phases of swimming pool construction, installation, repair, maintenance, and sales.Recent Review:I've actually used Wave Motion Pools twice. The first time was last summer (2019) for an above ground pool install and the second time was this summer for equipment repair. Both times I was extremely happy with their service. Their most outstanding attribute (imo) is their work ethic! They truly want to help people and aren't out just to gouge us for every cent they can get. Their prices are fair and they have gone above and beyond to help me out. Greg was super knowledgeable about all aspects, from the install, to the equipment, to common problems in our area (I'm my case pungo). His communication is also fantastic. They have always responded to my messages within no later than a day but usually within an hour or so. If something came up and they couldn't make it when he said they would, he always let me know before they were due to be here. This is a great company to work with. Thank you Greg and Kim for all of your helpChristy S.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Additional contact names - Hal Nystrom, Stephanie Nystrom, Rick Griggs. Additional e-mails - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Additional phone numbers - (757) 424-0032, (757) 857-0068Recent Review:I am very satisfied with our new Trane heating and cooling system. The sales representative, Hail, educated us on the various products and helped us choose the right product that would fit our needs. I interviewed 3 other companies and felt that the value and warranty was best with Alantic Shores. The installation team (Will and Alex) were professional, knowledgeable and worked efficiently. For anyone need of a heating/cooling company I would highly recommend that you take a look a these guys, you won't be disappointedGary C.
- Business Description:Orbit Water Solutions has been in the business of water for over 70 years and will continue to be in business once the current Covid-19 virus situation is under control. We are practiced and trained to adhere to all CDC recommended protections. We are a family owned business; your home is our home. We are considered an essential business and we are ready to help you with your home water needs NOW. If you wish to wait, we highly recommend you call us and get on our schedule now for the nea..Recent Review:We could not be happier with the Puronics Hydronex iGen Whole home treatment system and Micromax 7000 drinking water system provided by Orbit Water Solutions. Justin, the marketing rep who sold us the system, was very professional and accommodating. Justin took about an hour to demonstrate a series of tests which reflected to quality of our water which had more chlorine and hardness than we expected. If you have concerns for lead, Orbit standard demonstration does test for it so you will need to have a separate test done. After some negotiation, we were able to settle on a deal which got us the system and financing for the next 10 years. Orbit provides annual maintenance services on the machine and there is a lifetime warranty on parts which really assured us we were making an investment to improve our water. The best part about it is that the system travels with you. For a small fee, Orbit will pack the system up and ship it to your next home if you move which was a big selling point for us. Orbit also threw in a subscription to PureSelects soap for the next 10 years which was a nice add-on. PureSelects provides every kind of soap or cleaning product you could ask for so it will be nice not to have to purchase additional soap products in the near future. Within a couple days, the installation team came out to install the system. They arrived on time but the installation took a little bit longer than expected. Turns out our the installed garbage disposal was too large to fit with the RO unit tank under the sink. Orbit was very accommodating though. Orbit purchased a new garbage disposal and installed it free of charge which I bet many companies would not have done. I highly recommend getting the larger of the under sink tanks for the RO unit. Even with the two gallon tank, my family has used up all the water in the tank. A 1 gallon tank would just not have been enough. The water in our house has been incredible since we installed the system a few months ago. We noticed an immediate impact to our skin and hair after using it and our drinking water certainly tastes better. Best of all, we feel confident in the quality of the water we use throughout the house to keep us safe and our appliances in good condition. We highly recommend the investment in the water treatment systems through OrbitMichael J.
- Recent Review:Excellent, he did a great job! John was on time and very professional. He also wore a mask and gloves which was appreciated because of COVID-19.Brenda T.
- Business Description:Jeff Warren & Son Electrical Services Inc. is a full service electrical contractor for residential, commercial, & Industrial upgrades & repairs of existing electrical systems. Cost is determined by the job. We run our business by the Boy Scout Law and we will never forget that your satisfaction in my son's futureRecent Review:Great! Jeff came by to give me an estimate and fixed the outlet while he was there so I could wash clothes. With the installation of the bath light, Jeff and his colleague were on time, efficient and professional. The work they did was clean and well thought out. I was very pleased and would both use them again and recommend Warren Electrical to friendsSamantha H.
- Business Description:D T Electric is an electric company specializing in residential and commercial electrical services, generators, new construction, we are dedicated to our customers. Whether you need a simple troubleshoot or the installation of modern, ahead of its time "smart home", we can get the job done right!Recent Review:Amazing service! Great communication and quality work!Breon C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful solar panel installer articles
If you’re making the switch to solar energy, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is choosing between solar panels and solar shingles. Here’s what you need to know before you decide which option is right for your home.
What are the best states for solar energy? As the popularity of solar energy rises, the cost falls, making solar power accessible to many homes throughout the United States. Discover the top five states with the best infrastructure for solar panels.
Find solar panel companies in
- Knotts Island
- South Mills
- Fort Eustis
- Newport News
- Elizabeth City
- Poplar Branch
- Cape Charles
solar panel companies in Virginia Beach
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & J Electric Air, LLC
- A&P Handyman Services111 Saw Grass Bnd
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- AAPCO LLC6710 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- ACI Roofing20180 East Magnolia Court
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- ALL TRADES OF TIDEWATER, INC.1209 Baker Rd. 304
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Anchor Bay Electric Company165 Pinewood Rd
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- ARC Energy Design Consulting, LLC13004 Shadwell Court
- Associated Independent Contractors IncPO Box 64307
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Atlantic Coast Heating & Cooling2945 South Military Highway
- Atlantic Shores Heating & Cooling3500 Rob's Dr
- A & J Electric Air, LLC
- House Call Co3301 Mariner Ave
- House Call Co
- Nipper Electric Inc593 S. Birdneck Rd. Ste. 102
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Nipper Electric Inc
- Roby and Company Inc1410 West 37th Street
- Roby and Company Inc
- Virginia Energy Pros3972 Holland Rd. Ste. 103
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Virginia Energy Pros