Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Richwood, WV
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Richwood
- ETECH KITCHEN & BATH REMODELINGi highly recommend Mr Visbal and his company and I can be reached by email or phone call for additional references and information. I now live in West Virgina but keep property in Cincinnati that "Etec maintains for me
- Mountaineer Home RepairsDave was very professional, quick, efficient, and reliable. I contacted him through Angie's List one evening and he was here the next morning, gave me a quote, we agreed on it, and the project was done within 10 days. They cleaned everything up. It was wonderful. My father died the day I contacted him and it was great working with someone who I had total trust and confidence in during this stressful time read less
- Consolidated Construction & LandscapingMy mother hired Matthew to do various construction projects around her home. We were lied to from day 1 and Matthew has stolen several thousand dollars from her. He did not provide receipts for any of the materials purchased. I did some research on my own and he was charging double for everything purchased. I also found that he does not have a license to do any construction work. Since we are both handicap, it made it very difficult to verify and make sure that all of the work was completed as stated. I ended up firing Matthew since he was a crook and everything has been left incomplete read less
- SNIDER CONSTRUCTION COOne secction was aproximately 12" x 8' one was 12"x4' three were approximately 12" x12" It would have taken about 3- 12"x8' if they used boards and 1 sheet of plywood if they used ply wood. too paint the eves on the house not including the porches took them 6 weeks, (it should have taken them 1 week) they charged her for 2 sheets of plywood and they only used one sheet. The plywood they charged her for cam from another job (in decription stated it was from his warehouse) he charged her $50 a sheet,( the highest priced store in town was $23 per sheet). they charged her for facia that was never used, they never painted the porches. One porch is 2/3 the length of the front of the house. the other is aprox 1/3 the length of the back side. I had to fix the porch leaks and paint the eves of both porches. The total work to be done should have been done in 5 days, most of the soffit could have been cut out and painted before instalation and weather was not an issue, the contractor would take guys off this job to work other jobs that came up (non emergency eg. building a ramp, installing awnings). When she got the bill first part was $10,000 and he told her she could pay him the next day, then a week later the final bill was around $3,000. The whole job including porches should have cost aproximately $3,000 and taken one week. read less
Contractors in Richwood
- Business Description:SHOWROOM LOCATIONS; *ERIE, PA 5044 Peach Street, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat (By Appointment Only); *MCMURRAY, PA 3150 Washington Road, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM; *MONROEVILLE, PA 2644 Mosside Boulevard, Route 48 *STATE COLLEGE, PA 1341 South Atherton Street *WEXFORD, PA 11279 Perry Highway *MORGANTOWN, WV 918 Chestnut Ridge Roa read lessRecent Review:We were extremely happy with the service, installation and quality provided by Pella of McMurray. We dealt with Rob Culbertson. Rob was superb to deal with in many aspects. I highly recommend selecting Rob to handle your needs. The installers were professional, respectful and diligent. They worked hard under cold conditions. They were cognizant of their cleanliness too and swept up frequently. The fiberglass windows and doors look great and I examined them thoroughly. My neighbors have been complimentary too. Try Rob Culbertson and Pella of McMurray for your needs read lessChristopher W.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are West Virginia’s expert in home design, sales and installation. We offer the area’s highest quality products and services. There are special promotions on a regular basis. From the very first step to the very last, Mike’s is your one-stop-shop for making your dream home a reality. This straightforward process eliminates a middle man and allows for a smoother experience. Mike’s takes full responsibility for your new home project. We expect you to hold us accountable for every step, wh.. read lessRecent Review:Terrible! Do not ever use this company for remodel. It took 3 months to get an estimate and I had to keep calling back asking or I don't think I would have gotten one. That should have been my first clue. I gave them $10,000 deposit for 2 bathrooms remodeled and was told I would be called when they put me on the schedule. A couple months later my husband had a heart attack and we moved as a result so I did not need the bathrooms remodeled. Mike did not have any compassion whatsoever and pretty much forced me to take all the items that totaled the $10,000 deposit. There is no compromise with Mike. He even suggested that I go ahead and give him another $10,000 and remodel the bathrooms in the house we were selling. Who does that? He charged me full price and then some for everything including a tube of caulk he charged me $17.99 for!!! All this stuff is sitting in the garage of the new house and I will be donating it to Habitat for Humanity. At least one of us has a heart!!! He is only interested in getting your money, period, God forbid something changes and it is inconvenient for Mike. If you can't find anybody else to do your work be sure and pay close attention to your estimate because you will get overcharged. Don't pay $17.99 for a tube of caulk like I did read lessChris M.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated with over 20 years experience in the construction field.
- Business Description:Cain's electric handyman service focuses on virtually all aspects of residential and commercial repair and upgrade.
- Business Description:New construction, remodeling construction and custom construction.Recent Review:It was amazing, we have stayed in contact and recently asked them to come back for more repairs as well as planing to have them come back and do more work in the future when we have the money! <br />Erik B.
- Business Description:General Contractor Specializing In New Home And Commercial Construction As Well As All Facets Of Remodeling. 30 Years Combined Experience In The Construction Industry.
- Business Description:Built Right Construction Inc. is a small family operated business in the Glen Daniel, WV area. We offer many services including but not limited to Roofing, Deck Building, and Fence Building. Call us today for a free estimate on a deck, fence, roof, siding, or more read less
- Business Description:Factory direct service. ShadeTree® Canopy Systems are a unique, patented shade system. The canopies can cover LARGE as well as small patios or decks. There are several styles and fabrics to chose from. A patented wind-release mechanisms helps reduce wind damage.The systems are custom-manufactured to each customer’s specifications, then shipped directly to the customer. The systems were designed to be a do-it-yourself-installed product, however, local installers can be referred if customer req.. read lessRecent Review:Very professional, great quality and easy to order with their directions.Norma P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Webster Springs
- White Sulphur Springs
- Gauley Bridge
- Oak Hill
general contractors in Richwood
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Apple Valley Home Services464 Huckleberry Dr
Gerrardstown, West Virginia
- Apple Valley Home Services
- Cain's Electric Handyman Service316 Townsend Dr.
Summersville, West Virginia
- Cain's Electric Handyman Service
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Fabulous Floors1260 hillcrest rd
Fairmont, West Virginia
- Fabulous Floors
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services551 Laurel Run Rd
Lumberport, West Virginia
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services
- Pella Windows and Doors3150 Washington Road
- Pella Windows and Doors
- Rapid Repair416 Center Ave ,
Weston, West Virginia
- Rapid Repair
- S & H Builders LLPP.O. Box 443
New Haven, West Virginia
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- S & H Builders LLP
- Tri-State Restoration Service Inc42 E Maiden St
- Tri-State Restoration Service Inc