The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Get matched with top garage builders in La Crosse, WI
There are 2 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in La Crosse
- JET Building & RemodelingJustin did an excellent job! We are SO pleased with how our kitchen and flooring turned out. It is just how we had envisioned it. He is an excellent carpenter, with extensive knowledge of building construction and repair. He was very professional and easy to work with. He is a hard worker and came to work on the project everyday until it was completed. We would highly recommend Justin and JET Construction for your building or remodeling needs without reservation. We plan to have him to do future projects for us including building a new home
- Bettesworth Concrete LLCJim, came out and I gave him a rough idea of what we wanted to create. He worked with in our guidelines on the important stuff and enhanced some ideas that we were not 100% sure of. His knowledge of his line of work truly showed when we wanted to do something and he stated it would fail ( Due to poor vision of the plan on our part). He is willing to listen but, also gives great advise if there could be a potential problem later on. Jim communicated daily with us as to the progress and what to expect next. I would absolutely hire Jim again and recommend to our friends, neighbors, and family
- Durand BuildersExcellent. The project manager was very responsive. Where needed, they provided excellent subcontractors. The work started on July 8, 2013 and was completed by mid August. The final part was startup of in floor heat which occurred about Nov. 1.
- Bernard Construction LLCThere were constant delays in completing the build. Non more than failing to have the proper roof trusses when needed. This created a two week delay which carried the work beyond the agreed completion date. That being said, the greatest mistake was the improper installation of the LP Smartside Pre-finished siding and trim. Neither Mike Bernard nor any of his on-site workers new the correct procedure to follow when installing the Pre-finished LP Smartside siding which required painting all cut ends and but ends BEFORE installation. This requirement was not met and consequently the siding and trim was installed improperly. The 15 year paint warranty is affectively voided. Even though he and his workers failed to install properly, Mike Bernard refused to remove the siding and trim to correct the improper installation without an additional charge beyond the agreed contract price. In his defense, he blamed me for giving him improper direction. However, as the licensed Wisconsin contractor, it was his responsibility to know what was required, not mine. The contract date was for June 1, 2016 to be completed within two weeks. The completion date was not met and the contract remains unfulfilled as of November, 2016. Unfortunately, prior to completion, I paid a sizable portion of the remaining balance on the contract with Bernard Construction. This was my mistake. Mike Bernard, left with payment in hand that day, indicating he would return to finish work that remained. As of this date, he has not returned. He walked away from the agreement not willing to correct the problem even though he was still owed additional money. When a contractor fails to correct error(s) made by his business, it speaks volumes for his character, his integrity, his honesty and his trustworthiness. POSTSCRIPT: Two local contractors reviewed the work by Bernard Construction, LLC in mid-August. They both indicated the siding was improperly installed and would need correction to be compliant with the manufacturers warranty
- JAKE WIESER CONSTRUCTION INCDiscussed project for three months with Jake. Told from day one that the job was capped @ $20K. Many phone calls and meetings on site with contractor who was agreeable to a figure that would be close but slightly over $20,000. Final proposal came in at over $30K. Jake falsely represented code requirements ase the reason for huge cost over run. I sought Jake out as he helped build my last home and I was satisfied. Very dissapointed with level of professionalism
Garage Builders in La Crosse
- Business Description:Driftless Construction is dedicated to quality with 20 years experience we specialize in residential remodeling and renovation. From your floor up we can get the job done. We build garages and additions, decks and fencing. Flooring professionals for wood laminate and tile. We have extensive drywall experience from hanging sheetrock to texture and custom paint. And finish carpentry from rustic or modern, We can take care of the entire project. No hassle No mess. Call us for small jobs tooRecent Review:In the beginning it looked good. Prior to install, we discovered the area needed to be leveled for the floor to lay properly. So he picked up the supplies at our cost. Which made sense. There was a transition between the rooms that were causing the unevenness. He did not level that off. He said he tried. But it was exactly the same. We notice other spots that weren’t quite right and he fixed them. However some of the planks starting lifting. So my husband called him back and he said he wasn’t going to keep coming out to fix the issues. Now mind you it’s issues that were caused by improper install. He then blamed it on the flooring we bought. The flooring was not high end nor was it low end. Rather little better than half in between towards the better. Now where that uneven spot(one of many) the lvp is starting to pull apart and lift. Ultimately we’re going to have to have someone else come fix his mistakes. I was hesitant to make this review as I thought he’d completely fix the issue. But I can see that it’s no good saying anything as all we will hear is excuses rather than accountability. So no we won’t use again. Maybe we should send him the bill from whomever fixes it. This whole situation makes me scared to hire any other contractors though. I don’t know if things maybe got overlooked because he brought his young teenage son to help. Or just carelessness. Just very upsetting to say the least. Picture 1 is where side of the seam is coming apart. Part actually chipped off and I tried gluing it down. Had to put a rug over to protect it. But it’s only a matter of time before it does it all the way down. Picture 2 is how un-level the transition between rooms are. Picture 3 is one of many lifting pieces. He did try to tap it downMelinda B.
- Business Description:We are a General Contracting Company that enjoys what we do!!!! We believe in Quality not Quantity. Whether you have a small project or a large one, We will treat Your project with the Attention it deserves!!!!Recent Review:Amazing! Daily yard was cleaned of debris, fall off from roof , magnetic nail ****** upper as well. Dave is an outstanding human being! He drove by on a Saturday to check out how I was doing with this roof. Loved it!!!!. I was working on a load of black dirt that I had delivered. Dave actually went to his truck, grabbed a shovel and wheel barrow!!! Seriously!!!! He helped me for 2 hours. Would not even accept money. Overall, I will most definitely, hire him for any general contracting that I need! No problems !Tamaime N.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Interior and exterior remodeling and seamless gutter.Recent Review:Got an estimate in fall of 2018. Did not hear back for a month. Called again. "Lost" the estimate." Had to come out and re-measure. Came out to do the job (2.5 months later) Discovered needed more work on gutters. Got another estimate. Gave the go ahead. Rarely answered phone or returned calls. Had lots of excuses but no action. Only thing done was gutters were cleaned last November. Promised would have done before winter. Have not seen anyone. Will not give a firm date. Does not communicate. Now June 4th. I'm done. I will hire someone elseSteve M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Bettesworth Concrete LLC has been in business for over 20. We are fully licensed and insured. Free estimates. Focus on Energy, new and remodel Contractor. Personalized service. , offers Contractors and Private homeowners, New home building, Remodeling, Roofing, Construction Company in Onalaska, WI. Call (608) 783-7519Recent Review:Jim talks big but doesn’t follow through. He gave me a bid in March and said he’d get to the job by June. In July I kept calling and texting with not so much as the courtesy of a return call. His wife finally told me he had a sore shoulder and had to turn down some jobs. Make sure you have a Plan B . I hope his work product is better than his business etiquette......Res Ipsa LoquituPat M.
- Business Description:Independently owned and operated since 1974. My main focus is on all types of residential and commercial remodeling and repairs. I handle everything from small repairs to large residential and commercial additions. I offer a design service for kitchens, bathrooms, additions and custom home construction. My service is a "turn key" operation which will handle all phases of your construction project from start to finish. I also offer guaranteed completion dates. My business is fully insured and ..
- Business Description:Your construction specialists for over 50 years! Family owned & operated, Poellinger Inc. was established as a plastering company in 1957 by John A. Poellinger. In 1986, Mike Poellinger, son of John, joined the firm as a project manager and became actively involved in the direction of the company. In 1999, Mike purchased Poellinger Inc. and he is currently the owner and president of the company. Poellinger Inc. has a reputation for expertly combining old world techniques, such as plasterin..Recent Review:unknownJoe L.
- Recent Review:He was very prompt when coming to give estimates. It took about 72 hrs from visit to written estimate. He went through the city laws to ensure that our fencing would meet current regulations. We ended up changing our fencing plan when we found out we couldn't put up a privacy fence as we planned without risking a huge fine. He brought catalogs with high quality siding and fencing for us to look at and choose from. Once we chose our fence and siding, it was about 3 weeks for them to come in. They were installed in about 1week. In the meantime his workers started the painting. They helped assist with color selection and accenting around the windows. It looked fabulous- for about 4 months then it peeled off on a window sill, and on the door. They did not remove the locks and knobs when painting the doors. That was a little annoying. The screens at the time were fairly individualized to each window as we hadn't replaced the windows yet. The painters put 3 of the screens in the wrong windows. They clearly didn't fit. We allowed FOD to keep their sign in our yard about 9 months after completion as we wanted to use them again for the windows. We hired them to replace our windows. During the process, they had to reduce the casing on a couple as his guys did it improperly the first time. One of the windows came in the wrong size so that took an extra 1 month to complete. We have a very old house that had thick trim around the windows that was replaced as it had lead paint. When removing it, they put a large dent in the plaster wall by the window. They did not comment and did not fix it. When he realized that the usual trims would not fit, we discussed how to proceed. I had mentioned when we started the project that we would likely need custom trim for at least 4 of the windows due to the plaster and walls around the window. He had forgotten this. We agreed that he would make custom trim for an additional cost. It looked great. One piece came loose right away and he fixed it. As the project was finishing, we noticed a gap above one of the windows that was seen from the outside. He told us he would fix it. We waited. It didn't get fixed. He promised that since we let him keep his sign in our yard for over a year on a busy road that he'd have our window trim painted for free (the exterior trim). This didn't happen. I paid his people to do it. They had problems with the screens again. They didn't reinstall them properly. It allowed one of our pets to push it out bending the screen and get outside. It bent the screen to an unusable state. I told him about it and told him that I just wanted him to know his people had trouble with screens. He said I shouldn't have to deal with replacing the screen. He would take care of it. 6 months later all I had was excuses and no screen. and quot;The company didn't call me to tell me to pick it up. They sent it back. They ordered the wrong one.and quot; In the meantime, one if the pieces of siding lifted away at a seam. During one if the calls about the screen, he promised he would look at it. He said this 3 times. There were excuses each time as to why it didn't happen. Finally, I told him that a was very displeased and to please just tell me how to order the screen and I'd take are if it myself. I have heard nothing back. Most of the work was done well, though it took some time to complete. The time it took would not have bothered me if he simply followed through on fixing the things he said he would. I prefer local contractors in general and am a good referer to my friends, also young couples with homes that occasionally need work. I would not work with Field of Dreams again because he proved at the end to have poor follow through and lost my trust. <br /Kathleen D.
- Business Description:We have seven employees who are all Lead Abatement trained,one Asbestos Supervisor, all employees are covered under workers comp insurance, Ideal Construction is fully insured. We are experienced with HUD-Fema-CDBG and EPA programs .We follow Davis Bacon Rules and employment standards and pay accordinglyRecent Review:We underwent an extensive house remodel, including a 10 x 22 foot addition. We decided to do this project just before winter set in, so Ideal Construction got busy and framed up for the new crawl space, coordinated the excavation of the existing crawl space. <br /> When the weather straightened up a bit in late February the began the outside framing, after the framing was complete, insulated and the windows installed - then they began the tear down of the internal house walls, which allowed us to keep reasonably warm. He checked with me to see how warm we were staying in the main part of the house, and offered to add an additional layer of plastic - which wasn't needed. <br /> They were considerate of the working around so the stove went out only when it had to, and the kitchen sink was left as long as possible to reduce the time I was without a sink. <br /> Our house was built in 1890's, some parts needed some extras shoring up. This included tearing out the attic over the old kitchen and rebuilding from the joices; placing a new beam across the width of the kitchen, and rebuilding the kitchen floor which was suffering from dry rot, and entailed straightening of an inner wall. <br /> Overall we have been very well pleased with the work. <br /Louise H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
If water is coming up through the garage floor after heavy rain, there are a few steps that you should take to protect your home. We’ll cover what to do in case of flooding, along with steps you can take to prevent it from happening in the future.
Find garage builders in
- La Crescent
- West Salem
- Coon Valley
- De Soto
- Spring Grove
garage builders in La Crosse
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bernard Construction LLC2525 Hass St.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Bernard Construction LLC
- Eric's Home Improvements2892 Icecap Rd
- Eric's Home Improvements
- K.A.C. Contracting180 8th St
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
- K.A.C. Contracting