Tips for selecting the right mover
Gain peace of mind when you know you did everything you could to choose a great moving service. Before setting up a date for your move with a provider in Eau Claire, you should ask questions and take under consideration several factors. This includes what options the moving company provides and how they hire their staff. We’ve provided a few of the basics in the following so you have an idea of what to be on the lookout for.
Which options does the moving service provide?
Moving companies offer a wide range of service offerings to help with nearly all moving needs. Some put a focus on moves within a certain locale, while others offer moves between states, for example. Many moving companies provide full-service moving, including packing your possessions for you or setting up furniture. Talk to possible moving contractors about the services you require and want done to find out if the moving company is a suitable fit.
How does the mover charge for services?
Costs for moving is often difficult to understand, so be certain you know how each moving company prices. Some charge based on how many moving boxes and pieces of furniture items they hauled, plus mileage fees. Others charge based on the total weight of everything altogether, and some might set prices based on their time.
Movers may offer estimates and calculators on their websites to give you some idea of potential cost ranges. Don’t consider these actual quotes, as the moving contractor may change the price to a more precise figure when you provide them with details regarding your move.
Is the moving company appropriately insured?
Be sure to just work with movers that have proof of carrying proper insurance and coverage for their employees, their trucks and additional equipment, as well as your belongings while in their control.
Which services can you hire moving contractors for?
The kinds of services moving contractors offer range from easy to difficult. Learn more about what kinds of service offerings you can get from movers in Eau Claire below.
- Load, transport, and unload. This is the standard option. It typically involves pro moving contractors with a truck. The moving team loads your boxes, furniture, and appliances, drives them to your new place, and then unloads them. They don’t pack up or unpack anything or set up your items. Many movers offer this service for long-distance moves, while many local moving companies only work within the city or region.
- Moving pod. Moving pods let you take a DIY slant to moving. Movers bring you a pod or shipping container. You load it at your own pace. When it’s loaded, the mover removes it and ships it to your new place. Once there, you can offload the container whenever you want.
- Packing services. Some companies provide the moving boxes and padded packing materials you need for moving at an extra cost. Movers might also offers boxing services, which involve professional moving contractors packing your things for you.
- Unboxing services. Full-serve movers may unpack your possessions, which lets you arrive at your new home to see that it’s ready to live in.
- Assembly of furniture. If you’re not excited about folks you don’t know touching all your belongings or deciding where items might go, you can still obtain help setting up your new apartment or home by working with a mover that assembles or installs your furniture.
- Handling special items. One-of-a-kind, delicate, or bulky items may need specialized moving services. When you need to move a hot tub or piano, a costly piece of art, or another rare item, ask prospective moving contractors how they plan to handle the item during the moving process.