Merritt Construction

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2009

10610 W Folson

Eau Claire, WI 54703

Small home improvement company with 28 years experience we do mostly additions, garages, also homes, we do a lot of roofing, and also doors, windows and even decks. We like to stay diversified were licensed and insured. We give very competitive quotes and we'll also work with you to get a good bid

01/06/2021

BRYANT B.

Very good job done at a fair price. Good communication. Very happy. Recommended.

Description of Work
Sheetrock garage.

Category drywall

04/03/2018

Anita F.

Did Multiple projects inside and outside house, plus garage. Beautiful and great work. Reliable, fast and professional work. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Multiple projects inside and outside house, plus garage.

Category decks, drywall, flooring contractor, garage doors, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, remodeling, roofing, siding, deck cleaning, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

03/27/2018

Ezra Z.

John Merritt did an outstanding job constructing a roof for my porch. I had many contractors provide an estimate, and his estimate was very competitive. He paid extra attention to the details I requested, completed the work in a timely fashion, cleaned the work site, and openly communicated with me during the entire process. I cannot recommend John enough!

Description of Work
Construction of porch roof

Category decks

08/11/2017

Karen H.

John listened to what we wanted. Didn't try to bid for more than what we were asking for. He was fair and very transparent throughout the process.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on our house and garage. Built a roof over our existing deck.

Category decks, roofing

11/14/2016

Ruthann W.

John and his son Joe were there within a few days to do the work for me. They listened to what I wanted and had the job done in one day. I am extremely satisfied with their work. The deck looks nice and I am happy with it.

Description of Work
I was in need of someone who could finish a deck that another handyman had started and his work was not acceptable. Therefore, I discovered John's name on Angie's List and gave him a call. He returned the call the same day.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

06/22/2015

karen H.

Description of Work
I explained what I needed. He came out to see the closet I wanted removed and with in 1 minute he said no I don't do that I do construction. ..that's what I needed. Weird all the way around.

Category remodeling

its not what it seems you never know until you see it this was not for me I'am not happy about that.

03/24/2015

Chris L.

John responded to my initial message within minutes and was at my home to look at the project the following evening. Although I decided to go with a different contractor, I'm sure I will be calling on John for future construction work.

Description of Work
Came on site and provided a quote to do construction work to finish a post-frame building with walls, ceiling, insulation, and lighting.

Category drywall, insulation, lighting, remodeling

03/12/2013

Julie W.

John Merritt is very good. He is very friendly. He doesn’t charge that much and he is just an all around good guy.

Description of Work
I used Merritt Construction to wrap aluminum on my windowsills and window frames on the outside and the corners and to help with some siding work.

Category siding, replacement windows

thanks {Member name removed} we wrapped about 10 windows with aluminum did some siding and it turned out to be nice job .

11/07/2012

Sandra S.

John did a great job. The job was more than he anticipated, but he figured out a way to take care of it and did it in 2 days. He was prompt and courteous. This is the 2nd time we've had him do something for us. He put on a roof, last year. I'd certainly use him again.

Description of Work
John from Merritt's Construction put in a new door with side vents in our front.

Category doors

we installed a entry door with sidelites the door came 2or3 inches narrower then the old one so it fit nice but we had to add drywall on the inside to make up for gap it turned out good it could have been ordered to same size as old one but it turned out good.fun people thanks

09/27/2012

Lauren L.

I was pleased that when John installed our new front door +sidelight, he recognized the need to install the door higher than the previous one so it would clear the flooring appropriately. This meant work to chisel a half inch of the header away and put a 2x4 under the frame. He only installed the longer nails that were included with the deadbolt after we insisted we wanted them for security. However, there was a draft coming under the entire new door frame, so there was not a good seal of caulk under the door frame to prevent airflow into the house. (Without a good seal, you don't have good energy efficiency.) We also realized the door was not properly sealing inside the frame, and had to raise the adjustable threshold and also bend out the t*** of the strike plate to stop air (and light) from coming in around the door. He was punctual and got the job done efficiently, and charged us the price he quoted. He hauled away the old door and would have been willing to deliver the new door (but the company delivered it). He did a nice job of the exterior trim around and below the door frame.

Description of Work
Removed front door and sidelight, did framing work to correctly install new pre-hung door with sidelight, installed it , put in the lock-set (handle, lock, deadbolt) and re-did exterior trim around door.

Category handyman service, remodeling, doors

when i left the job i thought we did a really good job i do recall some lite showing some doors come a little more i guess not perfect as for the threshold the door closed fine you can adjust threshold they choose to do this. they were good to work for can't please them all they never called me back so guess they were pleased. thanks john

06/14/2012

Dave B.

Although I didn't go with John, I'd probably use him in the future for other services. From what I observed, repainting decks might not his company's area of expertise, and he was very honest in explaining that. I appreciated this, as he was very down to earth and up-front about all the things I wanted to have done. I mentioned that I'd like to have my house power washed (cobweb build-up) and he immediately said that I should consider doing it myself, as it would be cheaper. I appreciate this type of honesty in someone I'd be hiring, as it shows they aren't out to squeeze me for every dime. His quote for repainting my deck was EXTREMELY cheap, which I again appreciated a great deal. I ended up going with a professional deck/painting company for this job, but will definitely be calling John for other things I want to do w/ renovations to my home in the future.

Description of Work
restain/paint deck & power wash house

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

power wash house paint deck two things most people do themselves i appreciate the chance for estimate i didn't put my heart into this estimate but what i learned was never walk away from a job knowing you could have done more with trust,hardwork, and good fortune to the nextime thanks.

05/24/2012

Maureen M.

Overall, very good service. Prompt, reliable, and very good service.

Description of Work
Merritt Construction replaced windows in my home; also aluminum wrapped windows and trim on house. Am considering them for roof replacement and fashia wrap down the road.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

when you think of good custermers maureen comes to mind very good to work for hope we get a call from her again.

05/17/2012

Steven S.

The company is pretty much one person. Sometimes, he will bring in someone else. He has always been easy to get a hold of. He is pretty good at coming out when I need it. He usually comes out pretty well. He does a nice job in terms of price and things like that.

Description of Work
I used them for general home repair.

Category handyman service, remodeling

i've done handyman type work for the customer always appreciate the extra fill in work good guy to work for thanks john

02/09/2012

Martin W.

Got an estimate in December. With the warm weather John called to ask if I was interested in getting the job done earlier. John removed the old roof and did an awesome job on our roof. He replace it with a good architectural shinge with a 3M scotch guard algae protection. He had a small crew who worked hard in the weather and did a great job with all of the peaks and valleys and multiple roof lines on the house. Good hard workers. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof and replaced with a new roof.

i was thankful for ken hiring me at the time i really needed the work i wish i had more custermers like them good people.

12/27/2011

Steven S.

John Merritt does a nice job. He is a one-person operation. He does some basic handyman type of work. He is reasonable in terms of price. He is professional. He does quality work. I have known him for few years. He does a reasonable job. He comes in on time. I can trust him being in the house to get the work done without me having to be there. He is good with animals.

Description of Work
I used Merritt Construction in October 2011. John Merritt did some repair work on some doors and windows.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

from time to time we do smaller projects there nice to have when its slow he is my go to guy there I'm thankful for that we aim to please everyone it doesn't always happen .

11/04/2011

Maureen M.

I looked at the reviews for this company on Angie’s list and decided to go with them. I rate them high overall, and I will definitely use them to do the work.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Merritt Construction few weeks ago to replace few windows and wrap the windows with aluminum.

Category remodeling

09/15/2011

Sandra S.

John ame out and gave us an estimate in July. We weren't in any hurry so he didn't come until Sept. We were fine with that. They did a very nice job. We love the color of our new roof. He finished in 3 days. The yard was completely cleaned up. He even cleaned my 2 skylights for me while up on the roof. I appreciated that. Overall a good experience and a job well done.

Description of Work
John took a little longer to get to us initially, but then I tried to contact 4 others and only one other besides John even bothered to call back. After that anytime I needed to get a hold of him I didn't have any trouble.

the members were good to work for very genorous its nice to work for people who treat you like afamily member.

09/07/2011

Karen G.

He doesn't finish up his work. If he puts in new wood he doesn't paint it. The caulking and stuff isn't as good as it could be. Otherwise, the job is very good. He's kind of hard to nail down for time. If you call him to come by to look at something it might be a week or so before he can come.

Description of Work
Merritt Construction installed a basement door for us.

Category doors

you think you know people and you get humbled there good people i appreciate the work

06/18/2011

Tristan C.

John stopped out and gave me a bid within a day or two. We agreed on a price and he quickly set to work to complete the project quickly, allowing for drying time and so on. He made sure I was satisfied with the work - which I was! - and I offered to pay him on the spot. This is the second time John has done work for me and I would highly recommend him to others!

Description of Work
My front veranda has a wrought iron fence around the edge topped by wooden boards, painted white, the form a low rail. These boards were chipping extensively and beginning to rot, so rather than just repaint them, I thought it would be best to replace them. John removed the boards and replaced them with new ones which he painted (white) to match the house, cut the grooves in the bottom so they would sit right on top of the iron posts, and attached them. They look great now. On my back porch I had the same types of issues with chipping and flaking paint, many layers thick. So I asked John to sand down a bit and repaint the back porch and the bottom of one older wood frame window, then add "bug juice" to keep the spiders away and repaint them. I supplied the paint and bug juice. John was able to work in these smaller but multiple phase projects into his schedule and completed the work quickly. He even cleaned up the paint chips and replaced my potted flowers where they belonged when he was done! :) Tristan

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

you like to have nice decent people to work for (deleted member name) is one of them thanks

03/21/2011

Kenneth M.

The estimate was fair. I thought John was personable and professional.

Description of Work
John Merritt came over to look at insulation issues and possible deck restoration and driveway sealing. He is very personable and gave a very fair estimate. We chose to get a Home Energy Audit before having any insulation work done, so will probably work through an insulator who has certification through the "Focus on Energy" group. When the snow disappears, we probably will have Merritt do the deck restoration and driveway sealing.

Category decks, insulation

we bid insulation for ceiling and deck sealing plus driveway coating still waiting to here back

01/14/2011

Jennifer R.

Merritt was awesome, we are just waiting on a few more quotes from other companies. He did not bring a piece of paper to write down all of the measurements so we had to do that a few times. The drawings that they came back with were great and the estimate was lower than I thought.

Description of Work
Merritt gave us a quote to redo our kitchen.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

we gave the member a quote on new kitchen cabinets and stair railing also some car siding work still waiting to here back nice people

12/28/2010

Steven S.

John was very personable and performed quality work.

Description of Work
Installed pet door and realigned patio doors.

Category handyman service, doors

we cut a hole in house wall installed dog door and realigned patio door

12/06/2010

donald M.

John Merritt had never installed a metal roof using this system before, but he took his time and did an expert installation. Because it was his first time, his estimate was very reasonable. He worked with one assistant on a roof that needed to be stripped prior to the installation of the new roof. He did not always seem prepared as he ended up borrowing ladders and shovels from the homeowners. The job was done on time and we are very happy with the result. He also fixed some things on the house roof and we will probably obtain a bid from him to re-roof that with the same metal shingles when the current roof needs replacement. Our goal was an attractive roof that we will never have to replace again in our lifetimes.

Description of Work
New metal roof on garage and shed

Category decks, roofing

the members really helped me out especially with there ladders they didn't have to do that. good people thank you.

10/15/2010

EJ J.

He could have told me that I needed a new roof because I was leaning toward putting a metal roof on, but he told me that there wasn't anything wrong with my roof, except for a couple places that they could fix to eliminate the leak. He was very reasonably priced and stayed in touch with me. He also gave me a bid on some siding and other work on the house. I am definitely going to give him a shot at the future work. He was honest. He told me a few other tings that I needed to do, but he could have really taken advantage of me. It took him awhile to get back to me, but he was my first contact. He called back and came out before the other 3 or 4 companies that I called. He called and apologized for the delay in his response. He took care of the job even when I wasn't home. He was very professional.

Description of Work
Merritt Construction came out when my roof was leaking and repaired it.

Category roofing, siding

06/05/2010

Tristan C.

They were punctual, trustworthy, professional and tidy. John is clearly a perfectionist who is honest and hardworking. He honors his word and shows up when he says he will. He wants the job done right and my porch is clear evidence. It's the first time I've used him but it won't be the last. I'd recommend him to anyone. He built me a new porch in a matter of days, despite the rain and it's a work of art!! There should be more contractors like Merritt Construction.

Description of Work
Removed old boards and hauled away. Replaced with new boards, stained and sealed them.

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters

The member was really good to work for i hope she's uses me again thank you.

Crystal Clear Window Cleaning

Crystal Clear Window Cleaning Eau Claire, WI, 54701 Crystal Clear Window Cleaning is a window cleaning company based in Eau Claire, WI. If you need more information do not hesitate to give us a call Commercial Pressure Washing, Residential Pressure Washing Altoona WI; Seymour WI; Lake Hallie WI; Chippewa Falls WI; Lake Wissota WI; Window Cleaning, Window Cleaning Service, Pressure Washing, Commercial Window Cleaning, Residential Window Cleaning

Offers Coupon

Squeegee Squad

As a Western Wisconsin Window Cleaning Company, thousands of customers have come to trust our customer service-oriented approach to provide a great window cleaning experience. Our window cleaning company was built on a solid foundation and will continue to grow and serve Hudson Eau Claire, & Western WI for years to come. As your local professional window cleaning company, we provide residential, commercial & high rise window washing services. Window washing is an art and skill to leave no streaks, be efficient and use the proper tools we are experts in keeping your home or commercial property looking sparkling. Contact us for a free estimate on Window Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Chandelier Cleaning, and more! Payments options available are cash, credit cards, and checks. Additional location - 2809 E Hamilton Ave #179 Eau Claire, WI 54701.

2022 Super Service Award

Bakers Power Washing

Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

Home improvement, additions, garages, roofing, decks, lite commercial.cement work,porches,fences,sheds,drywall, taping/texture. We also are qualified in cabinets hanging. polesheds also basement finishing etc.