Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Winchester, VA
There are 3 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 6 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Winchester
- Fix ItI wanted a tool repair service near my home, so I just walked in. Turns out he does power tools, not lawn equipment, but he looked at it anyway. He spent 15 minutes fixing my trimmer and refused to take any money! This guy is special.
- Freestate Mower RepairHe did an outstanding job. He came the same day, gave me a quote, ordered the parts and fixed the snow blower the following week, after the parts arrive.
- Freestate Mower RepairWent well; initially had parts for 1/2 snow blowers made a call picked up part locally and repaired both. Had problems with one of the blowers called within 30 day warranty. Eventually got them to come out and replace parts on the second one that was still experiencing problems all covered by warranty
- Master MechanicsArt made room for me the same day I called and came out to do the work on-site. He quickly released and re-seated a jammed drive belt. When I asked him to come back to install a new belt when it arrived (current one was partially burned down), he suggested that I save my money as it's a pretty complicated/expensive job and the current one could easily last for a few seasons. Do yourself a favor, just call Art for your mower repair
- AJ's Mobile Repair ServiceJason diagnosed the problem with each, and made the necessary repairs. I used the lawn vac the next day and it worked fine.
- Blunards RepairMy $279 edger barely worked. Even when it worked the engine would sputter. I was about to throw it out but decided to give Blunard's a try. For $79 they completely flushed the system, replaced the gas kit, spark plug, etc. It runs like a brand new machine. Saved me $200 over buying a new one. I will definitely return for all power tool needs.
- Vienna Lawnmower Sales and Service Inc.Jeff was very professional in scheduling my mower for a tuneup (even though it was their busy season) and also provided "contact free" drop off and pickup service during the pandemic. Mower runs much better now.
- Long's Small Engine RepairIt went fantastic. I stopped in on Saturday, and he looked at my saws right away. He was able to get one working while I waited, due to me not having the correct choke settings. The 2nd didn't start properly, so he did a quick compression test. Ultimately the saw wasn't worth repairing. He did all this in 15 minutes, where other shops would have taken over 3 weeks just to LOOK at them. The price couldn't be beat either
- Freestate Mower RepairIt went GREAT! I called Steven and arranged for an appointment. Within two days he came to the house and discovered the problem, a broken cable. He also looked at a second mower and we determined that due to its age, we would not fix it. A week later the cable was in and he came back to the house and installed it. He also scrapped the grass from under the mower deck, changed the oil and the spark plug, cleaned the foam air cleaner and sharpened the blade ... all within 30 minutes. He saved me the time and effort of lifting the mower into my car trunk and running up to the shop and back home again. His work was first rate, done right the fist time and his bill was fair. I highly recommend this business
- ALEX'S MOBILE MOWER REPAIRTechnician was excellent. Repair was quick and at a reasonable cost. Will definitely hire them again.
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Winchester
- Business Description:Handy Man Power: here to help you with stuff around the house such as Lawn mowing, Moving furniture, redecorating.
- Business Description:We are a state of the art small engine repair facility. We offer outstanding work at at a great price.Recent Review:Great is now better than when new as I don't have to have one person hold it while I start it as it pulls with two fingers for start, also installed gas shutoff valve which hopefully will help prevent future issues and gave me several pointers in seasonal shutdown procedures. Would definitely recommend and will use again. ThankJohn Z.
- Business Description:LANDSCAPING,Recent Review:A+. I contacted Mr. Ayala to landscape for my mother, and I was so impressed with work done, his responsiveness, his competitive price, and professionalism that we now have him oversee all of our properties for about 3 years now. Besides consistent and great work, he went out of the way to suggest ways to improve the landscaping (without feeling like upselling) when there was major environmental damage to the property. Further, he/his team looks out for our rental properties for anything funny (for example, they pointed out a broken window, saving us potential major trouble down the road), which adds an extra layer of relief. Great value and actually cares about doing a great job. Can't recommend enough. -Shawn and OlgShawn C.
- Business Description:Call us today for all your handyman needs!Recent Review:Bret did an awesome job on pressure washing the house and deck, he stained the deck and replaced some boards and it looks brand new. Very happy with results. Would recommendEva b.
- Recent Review:Will and Jesse were great. Arrived at my house to evaluate my electric and gas mowers and told me how much it would cost to repair. I would definitely recommend them for your mower needsEllen J.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Timely appointment. However, was told on the phone when making the appt, that the $99 diagnostic fee would be applied as a credit toward the labor/parts. I called 2 different times, each time told the same thing. Except when the service was provided, the diagnostic fee was billed separately, in addition to the part and labor. Expensive labor for a less than 1 hour job. Definitely feel takenDuane M.
- Business Description:As your complete outdoor service provider, we care about the beauty and health of your landscaping and property. We help you enhance the value of your home and enjoy valuable free time. Our friendly, reliable maintenance team has the knowledge and experience to deliver the quality care and attention you deserve.We offer a comprehensive suite of services to meet all your outdoor needsRecent Review:Did not return phone calls or reply to emails requesting estimate.Audrey T.
- Business Description:I have 23 years exp in small engine repair. I can repair starters, starter rope repair, sharpen chainsaw chain, sharpen mower blades, change oil, tune ups, belt replacement, tire repair, mower deck repair, etc. Free estimates for repairs. If you need parts I can get parts also for those DIY repair customers. I can do minor auto repairs also. My shop is located off Specks Run Road in Bunker Hill WV. So instead of letting your repair or parts needs drag out any longer. Why not just pick up the ..Recent Review:Was told that he replaced my carburetor because of bad gas, drained tank put on new carburetor, my john Deere tractor ran worse than ever, said it was bad gas again would not even attempt to look at it said he could not get to it until the spring of 2020 and this is on 9-6-2019 to top it off he said he only took cash which I gave he $200, he would not give me a receipt or would he not give me the old carburetor back, I don't think he ever replaced the carburetor, when I called he hung up on me, and now he will not even accept or return my calls, I guess my only recourse is to take him to court, is this the type of people you do business with Angigary k.
- Business Description:Service and warranty of outdoor equipmentRecent Review:First visit to this shop. I, owner being 69 yrs. old, had to remove my 21”lawnmower from my car using metal ramps provided by this shop as they did not provide any physical assistance. I replaced spark plug and oil filter prior to taking my lawnmower to Pat’s outdoor equipment. paid 40.00 mandatory down payment. Called week later and informed that the spark plug, oil filter had to be replaced and carburetor needed cleaning. Asked if they had correct mower as I had replaced the spark plug and oil filter less than 2 weeks ago myself. Assured correct mower. Asked how that could be, no answer. Requested another mechanic evaluate my mower which was done. Same result. I requested what the fee would be to clean carburetor. Total after 40.00 down payment was $99.07. Total with down payment 139.07. With replacing spark plug and oil filter $167.89. I declined further service. Went across the street to Zimmerman’s Ace Hardware, evaluated, carburetor clogged, old fuel drained and replaced, drained overfilled oil. Total fee $ 87.95. So dishonest. Do not go to Pat’sdiana P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Clear Brook
- Stephens City
- White Post
- Bunker Hill
- Cross Junction
- Charles Town
- Capon Bridge
- Front Royal
- Round Hill
- Shenandoah Junction
lawn mower repair shops in Winchester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- D & B Rental Sales/service2 Douglas Ct
- D & B Rental Sales/service
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- finishing touch20202 lea pond
Montgomery Village, Maryland
- finishing touch
- Maintenance Lawn ServicesPO Box 2053
- MANASSAS HONDA KAWASAKI SUZUKI9105 MATHIS AVE
- MC HandymanPO Box 106
San Diego, California
- McHenry Small Engine, Inc.270 Interstate Court
- Minor Touch Ups and Repairs1551 Warrenton Rd
- Mo Brothers Auto Repair4 Richards Ave
- Maintenance Lawn Services
- Quality Landscaping Services8362 Gaither St
- Quality Landscaping Services
- RC 4 Construction, Inc5504 Peppercorn Drive
- Reds Restorations LLCP.O. Box 3841
- Rehoboth Carpet & Landscape LLCP.O BOX 687
Oxon Hill, Maryland
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- Romero Landscaping Inc4312 Pinetree Rd
- RWC Lawn Maintenance & Snow Removal5907 Dorsey Dr
- RC 4 Construction, Inc
- s and w general contractors4479 Squirrel Pl
- Salinas grounds company7922 Janna Lee Ave
- Sears - Manassas8200 Sudley Rd
- simms services2229 Huntington Ave
- Sun Brite Supply of Maryland16620 Oakmont Avenue
- SweptOut.com, Inc.240 Sandy Ridge Road
- s and w general contractors