For homeowners who struggle to keep up with household those whose health prevents them from doing certain tasks, hiring help with chores around the house can be a huge help. Here are some of the best chores pros can do for you to make life a little easier
Get matched with top handyman services in New Canton, VA
There are 14 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in New Canton
- Vista Construction Group, LLCScott and his team are true professionals. I initially hired him to install a sump pit, pump, and associated plumbing to replace the old floor drain system in our basement to prevent flooding during the heavy rains we can get in Virginia. Scott was very knowledgeable, came in with a practical solution at nearly half the cost of any competitor and had the work done within the month. The gentlemen he brought with him to do the digging and installation were a great group of guys. They were quick, professional, and cleaned up everything after they were done. The system ran perfectly. We also hired Scott to do put some electrical drops, and hired someone to do some paint work for us before listing our house to sell. Once again, the work was fast, he worked around our hectic schedule and we were more than satisfied. After we got our offer we had a few repairs that came up in the home inspection and we were able to use Scott as a reference to negotiate down on a few repairs as well! Could not recommend him enough
- Gold Standard MaintenanceNate did a great job with our door frame which had rotted away and detached from the door and fixing the roof of our porch. He is very responsive, which I have had issues with when trying to hire help. Extremely reasonable price and he also fit us into his schedule very quickly. Really nice guy too. I would recommend him and will be contacting him again myself
- Rudys RemodelingRudy and his team did a fantastic job remodeling our basement. I can’t tell you enough on how impressed we were! Definitely will be calling Rudy for our next bathroom renovation.
- Gold Standard MaintenanceI'll never need another handyman! Nate was the best, he showed up with a great attitude every time and didn't leave until we were completely happy with every little detail! Extremely skilled professional, the house looks amazing and we'll be hiring GSM for all of our future projects.
- Gold Standard MaintenanceI contacted Gold Standard Maintenance in regards to the windows in my house. I was in need of new bathroom windows. Gold Standard Maintenance helped me find the exact windows I was looking for, and quickly installed them before the intended finish date. I am more than pleased and will contact them again for my next project
- Best Home ImprovementHe is excellent and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Troy was such a pleasure to have in my home today. I will definitely hire him again for anything I may need and I would give him my highest rating.
- TOP Quality Home Improvements LLCExtremely well. Very small job that I knew he'd have to fit in amongst others. Just as professional and kind as could be. Refused to charge me for such a simple fix so wound up handing a "tip" to his colleague and asked that he buy himself a beer or buy his wife flowers. Have used before for a much larger job and will use again in the futur
- Vista Construction Group, LLCNeeded roof replacement as far as rotting wood & shingles. Company was very prompt with services. Answered almost instantly, came and gave an estimate following day. Literally the next day the roof has been completely replaced & installed. Very polite. Would recommend to anyone.
- Bradley Builders LLCBradley Builders work is always excellent, pricing is fair too. They are very professional. Would highly recommend for any construction job.
- Bradley Builders LLCJason was excellent, polite, and did a very great job. It exceeded my expectations. I would hire him again.
Handymen in New Canton
- Business Description:Hi my name is Nate! I've been working in construction, repair and maintenance for over 5 years and I love what I do. I want to help you get your home or office all fixed up and shining like a new penny. I power wash, build/repair decks, replace windows, minor sidewall/roof repairs, appliance replacement, dump runs, form pouring, painting and furniture assembly/refurbishing. I'm happy to do it all and my attention to detail will show in every project. My low prices and service with a smile wil..Recent Review:Nate did a great job with our door frame which had rotted away and detached from the door and fixing the roof of our porch. He is very responsive, which I have had issues with when trying to hire help. Extremely reasonable price and he also fit us into his schedule very quickly. Really nice guy too. I would recommend him and will be contacting him again myselfScott V.
- Business Description:T-B-C is Troy~Bilt~Construction: owner/operator Troy J. Woodward / *master carpenter* T-T-B-C Is Your Premier General Contractor who has a fully-Insured small construction Firm in Stanardsville Virginia. We specialize in new construction, remodeling, handyman services, fine carpentry, custom decks and porches, kitchens and..Recent Review:I can't speak highly enough of Troy Bilt Construction on their professionalism and their immaculate work. Mr. Woodward is very prompt and efficient from start to finish. He did exactly what he said he would do. He gave a price and stuck to it, no hidden charges or fees. He was the most courteous and respectful person I have ever dealt with. I cant speak enough on the detail oriented work he preformed on my house. I would recommend him anytime!Brittney T.
- Business Description:Castlewood Construction, LLC, is a licensed and insured Class A general contractor firm in Madison, Virginia. We specialize in custom homes, additions, remodels, fine carpentry, barns, garages, decks and green building practices. Regardless of the scope of the job, our attention to detail, professionalism and commitment never change. We service central Virginia, and would love to discuss your project with youRecent Review:Great job. Great response and turn around. No problems eitherDavid K.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Concrete Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:I hired Daniel to create a concrete patio in front of my house. He was so professional and stayed until the concrete had dried. I would recommend him to friends and family.Maria Z.
- Recent Review:Satisfactory they were very professional.Asad Q.
- Business Description:Cross Timbers Roofing has been central Virginia’s trusted expert for residential roofing for over 30 years. We are the preferred choice for home owners and premier home builders who demand quality materials as well as a company that provides the attention to detail to assure your roof has been installed to provide years of worry free performance. CTR’s commitment to customer satisfaction is the primary reason we have been and will continue to be the trusted Richmond roofing experts for centra..Recent Review:CTR was very professional and courteous. They not only fixed the leaks but explained why they did what they had to do to repair them.Martha N.
- Business Description:Servicing the Culpeper, VA area. We specialize in all of you Tree Removal, Tree Trimming, Tree Service, and Landscaping Services!Recent Review:Great really liked top Notch tree service. They were affordable, on time and very good at what they do. Very polite to my 92 year old mother. Will use them again if a need arisesVelma L.
- Business Description:David Gomez Painting proudly serves the Charlottesville metro area. We have over 8 years of experience in painting & drywall work. Our prices our very affordable without compromising quality. We treat your home like oursRecent Review:David and his team kicked ***. If you want something done well and with haste, hire David and his team. I will be recommending him to anyone who needs drywall/painting work done, and will probably use him again in the futureJay P.
- Business Description:BEST HOME IMPROVEMENT is a family owned full service building and remodeling company based in Gordonsville, VA. Owner Troy Best has over 30 years of experience in a wide range of trades including carpentry, ceramic tile, cabinetry, roofing, restoration and installing masonry patios and walkways. Call or email today for a free estimate (434) 242-6313, or email firstname.lastname@example.orgRecent Review:He is excellent and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Troy was such a pleasure to have in my home today. I will definitely hire him again for anything I may need and I would give him my highest rating.Lake Anna E.
- Recent Review:Amazing attention to detail! Vehicle looks fantastic!! Definitely will call Ryan again!!!Bill V.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
You want the best contractor for your project, so interview several people before hiring anyone. If they ask any of these questions, find someone else.
Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Find handyman services in
- Fork Union
- Lake Monticello
- Kents Store
- Amelia Court House
- Hampden Sydney
handyman services in New Canton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Additional Space Inc25 Stonefield RD
- Alphin and Associates LLC22 Villa Ave
- American Building Dynamics Inc.5755 Courthouse Rd
- Anything and Everything2028 Richmond rd.
- Arrowhead Construction Company387 Wilhoits Lane
- Augusta Rock Plumbing Service95 Vance Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Additional Space Inc
- B's Family Home Repair3232 Tabscott Rd
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- BEAMS PAINTING417 WOODHAVEN CT Ste A
- Benchmark Builders LLC108 Meadowview Lane
Locust Grove, Virginia
- Best Home Improvement18184 Buzzard Hollow Rd
- Beverly's Home Repair1244 Lanetown Rd
- Boyer & Sons Electrical505 Mill Rd
- Burruss & Mawyers Construction & Home Repair1857 Evergreen Rd
- B's Family Home Repair
- C'Ville Construction963 Dry Bridge Rd
- C'ville Residential903 Montrose Ave Ste B
- Cabinets by Design31A Conestoga Way
- Carolina Finest Handyman Services
- Castlewood Construction LLC1388 N Blue Ridge Tnpk
- Charlottesville Roofing and Siding43 Daniels Rd
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- COMPLETED SERVICES INCP.O. Box 7583
- Contracting Services, Inc.1698 Broken Island Road
- Craftsman & Son IncP.O. Box 515
- CTR - Cross Timbers Roofing9000 Pams Ave
- C'Ville Construction
- D. B. Rankin General Contractor Inc9504 Nandina Dr
- Dave's Rent A Husband Handyman Service9772 Louisa Rd
- David Gomez Painting1029 5th St SW
- David M. KavanaghP.O Box 271
- Davis Electric and Services LLC283 Simmons Gap Road
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Doug Seal & Sons, Gen Contractors6301 Sealville Rd
- D. B. Rankin General Contractor Inc
- ED Mawyer111 Stratford Ct
- ED Mawyer
- H& B Home Improvements
- HANDY SANDY & SONS390 FIREHOUSE DR
- Home & Farm Services LLC5402 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, Virginia
- Home Care35 Crawford Knob Lane
- Homefix Custom Remodeling9115 Whiskey Bottom Rd
- Homestead Cleaning Svs1109 Matthew Mill Rd
- H& B Home Improvements
- J A T Painting1606 Townwood Ct
- j h mills general contractor18 arapaho trail
- J.E.GREENE JR. CONTRACTOR1211 TISDALE RD.
- J.L. Pace Construction1481 Antioch Road
- J6 Design844 Jefferson Dr
- Jenkins Construction219 Douglas St B
- Jensen Construction669 School Road
- JK Moving Services44112 Mercure Circle
- J A T Painting
- Maintenance Tech Services LLC308 Jefferson Dr.
- Martin's Home Improvements4025 Martin Valley Farm
- MGD Custom Paint LLC2550 Chain Bridge Rd
- Mike Your Handyman605 N 38th St
- Miller Tyme Construction, LLC.1206 King Street
- Moon and Son Handyman171 snowhill rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Maintenance Tech Services LLC
- N-Pieces11600 New Town Rd
New Kent, Virginia
- R.A.Painting1853 Scottsville Rd
- Radiant Sierra Builders LLC3445 Seminole Trail, Box 287
- reed Painting1363 stoney ridge
- Ricks Drywall132 Maywood Ln.
- Robertson's power washing painting and repairs449 Dobby Creek Rd
- russell's home improvement584 Salem Rd
- Ryan's Junk Removal And Lanscaping303 Breezywood Ln
- Ryans Renovations29130 Kron Ct
- Samaritan Services LLC9236 Richmond hwy
- Sandy Meadows Services53 homestead pl
- Serenescapes1126 Mountain Laurel Rd
- Settle Construction Inc.1088 Kidds Dairy Rd
- Snow's Handyman ServicePO BOX 774
- Solartyme857 Jones Town Rd
New Canton, Virginia
- Srigley Construction985 Owensville Rd
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
- Samaritan Services LLC
Handyman Services FAQ
How much do handymen typically charge?
Answer: The average cost to hire a plumber is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
How much are typical handyman repair costs?
Answer: The average cost for a repair is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
Should handymen be certified or licensed in New Canton, VA?
Answer: Yes. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications handyman. Be sure to check our state licensing tool to review the local handymen guidelines.
What questions should I ask a handyman in New Canton, VA?
Answer: There are several questions or things to know before hiring a handyman to do any work in your home.
Do they have proper licensing?
Do they charge for estimates?
Do they provide references?
How many handymen are in the US
Answer: According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2017, there are 1,351,210 handymen employed in the US. Their average salary is $19.37 per hour, with an annual wage of $40,280. California has the most handyman (126,420) with Texas (108,470) following just behind. Alaska has the highest average hourly wage at $24.87 per hour.