Burruss & Mawyers Construction & Home Repair

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2012

We are family owned & operated, and the owner is present at every job. 18 years experience. We are very particular and always give our best, as we dont believe in taking shortcuts. ...

The Dryer Vent Guys

Dryer vents are what we do! From dryer vent cleaning and inspection to repair and replacement, we can service almost any dryer vent need. On each and every job, we aim to accompany the professional service you need with the neighborly service you want. Most importantly, however, we both specialize in dryer vents and are certified (CSIA Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician) in the field of dryer vent cleaning. We know code and best practice, and are stocked with the best quality products in the industry. Our team would love to be able to service your home! We have a history of satisfied customers and hope to grow that with you as well.

David Gomez Painting

David Gomez Painting proudly serves the Charlottesville metro area. We have over 8 years of experience in painting & drywall work. Our prices our very affordable without compromising quality. We treat your home like ours.

Offers by David Gomez Painting on Angi
Window Depot USA of Richmond, Charlottesville & Fredericksburg

Window Depot is not your typical window replacement company! We pride ourselves on offering the greatest selection of replacement windows, vinyl siding, entry doors, patio doors, and options available in our markets - including vinyl, composite, and wood - from several manufacturers. Whether you are looking for economy, premium, or anything in between, we can help. We provide honest, unbiased education and advice to help you choose the products that will work best for you and your family. We are proud to offer Vinyl, Composite and Wood windows with more standard features, Triple Pane at Dual Pane prices, a Lifetime Warranty, and an honest and ethical approach to doing business. From your initial contact with our company through the successful completion of your project and beyond, our goal is to provide you with the very best home improvement experience possible. We are committed to building and maintaining positive, long-term relationships. We have built our name and reputation on providing honest advice, quality products, professional installation, and exceptional service. If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied. Instead of a transactional sales process, we believe in providing a two-way educational opportunity. Our consultations begin with questions to better understand your needs and objectives. Then we educate you on the various products and services available that will meet your needs. And finally, we help you select the most appropriate product(s) for your home and budget. The last thing you need is high-pressure sales tactics, gimmicks, or intimidation to coerce you into buying something that you don’t need, or at a time when you are not ready. Our partnership with one of the nation’s largest home improvement networks provides us with significant buying power, allowing us to pass along tremendous savings to our customers without sacrificing quality. And we back it up with the service and craftsmanship of a locally owned and operated business.

07/18/2018

Did a wonderful job. Spent the whole day pressure washing our home as well has brushing the tough areas. House looked fantastic. This is the 2nd time using the company and will continue to use again.

Description of Work
pressure wash house and garage

12/18/2015

They did a fabulous job. They even considered the weakest part in any concrete stairs, which is where two rises meet. The cut back the soil, so that it was at least six inches thick at the thinnest point. Rebar and metal fencing of course. There was a bit of concrete ridges on the edge of some of the stairs, where the the cream got between the edger and the forms. No big deal. I'll take an angle g...

Description of Work
Outdoor concrete stairs. While they had their Bobcat at my place, they regraded my gravel driveway for only $100. It had a high place that was preventing proper water shed. Now it looks new :)

10/07/2015

Work project involved replacing badly weathered steps and unsafe hand railing for a front entry way porch and back deck.as well as tear down and rebuild side entry porch. Chuck Burrus, co-owner, provided a prompt estimate for the work project as well as schedule within a week. Chris Mawyer, co-owner, completed work project in one day with a man crew. Both owners were supervised the work project. J...

Description of Work
Rebuild front/side entry way porches and back deck

Category handyman service,woodworking

07/31/2015

Danny and Derrick arrived on time. They were here to do several "handyman" projects we had identified where we required help. They listened to my list of jobs for the day and went to work. The vent duct installation required being in a low profile crawl space for a couple of hours. The work was done professionally without complaint. For our ceiling fan project they had to work in an attic that was...

Description of Work
* Installed a downdraft ventilation system for a new cooktop * Installed a replacement window in our kitchen * Sanded an existing window frame and trim in preparation for painting * Installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom, including running about 20 feet of wire * Sponged kitchen and family room ceiling to remove dust and grime in preparation for painting NOTE: Labor was provided for all of the above. Owners provided parts.

Category handyman service,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking,interior painters

06/23/2015

Chuck, Chis and their crew were on time every day, performed way above average work, were meticulous in their detail, and thoroughly cleaned up after the job was finished. I would highly recommend this team for any of the services they offer.

Description of Work
Installed large concrete aggregate steps down hill beside house from driveway to back of house and continued on with 20 X 12 aggregate patio.

06/17/2015

A team of 3 did it all in 6 1/2 hours great job

Description of Work
Installed garage stairs and floors in attic and extended garage landing and railing

11/14/2014

I called the provider in the summer to schedule for an estimate to be performed in the week of August 18. The provider said he would check his availability and then get back to me. He never did. I ended up calling another provider to get the work done.

Description of Work
Never did the work, didn't get back to me on scheduling.

07/29/2014

Called the provider to schedule an estimate, and left a message. The provider called back and said we would meet that Thursday or Friday since they would be in Charlottesville. I did not hear from the provider. They called the following week, at 5:00, seeing if we could meet them 5:30. My fiance met him. We did not hear from them after a week so I called. Chuck answerd the phone and said, "Oh yes, I remember you guys. I told your fiance to give me a call!" I asked my fiance about this, and he said that Chuck would call within a day or two. hmmm. During this conversation, he said I can call his wife to get the estimate emailed. I called his wife. She took my information but I did not get any information. I called the next day, and he said that he would have to come out again and get measurements, and that my fiance didn't tell him how big he wanted the deck. I scheduled for Friday. When I spoke to my fiance that night and told him what Chuck said, he told me that he told him he wanted the deck extended another 6 feet to the AC unit. Lie #2. I sent a text and told him that nevermind, we don't need the appointment. At this point, the reliability and trust was shot, and if I went forward, I would be asking for it. Maybe they aren't this bad with other people they service, and we just got the raw end of the deal. Don't lie, be prompt, be professional. That's it.

Description of Work
Tried to get an estimate, that never happened, but i did get the run around .

07/07/2014

Job was done below estimated cost. He arrived with a large enough crew to complete it less than one day and cleaned up everything!

Description of Work
The contracted replaced all fascia board encircling the home which had rotted from contact with the ground. He correctly placed flashing against home exterior wall and used pressure treated lumber so it would last a long time.

Category handyman service","roofer","siding contractor

06/17/2014

They were very good explained what they did, cleaned up and were very professional. Will definitely use them for other repairs. There price was very competitive .

Description of Work
Replaced posts in front porch and put together sit n cycle.

Category handyman service

Construction, General Remodeling, Masonry, Plumbing, Electrical, Roofing, Handyman, Power Washing, Excavating, Concrete, Tree Service, Painting