Dave The Mover LLC

Founded 1942 • With Angi since April 2011

**Call us today for your FREE estimate!** With over 30 years of experience, Dave will take care of your belongings like they were his own. Moving your family or business, whether across town or across the country, can be an almost overwhelming undertaking. With utilities transfers and hookups,

movers (111)piano movers (11)

04/22/2022

Mircea S.

We hired Dave The Mover because they were the only ones available when we needed and their costs seemed reasonable. They showed up on time, were friendly, at the time we thought this was going to be a good experience. Big mistake: during the move they actually broke our big flat panel TV but took no responsibility for it :( They claim they are insured, but then said that the insurance is only $50 per item?!? The TV was worth $1700 and it looks it will be a total loss for us, it made this a very expensive move. I am going to try to sue them in small claims court to see if I can recover at least some of the loss, but this has been quite a disaster. Next time I need a mover I'll make sure to go with a more reputable firm, not a flimsy LLC like Dave The Mover.

Description of Work
Household move ended in disaster

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

02/08/2020

Ann L.

These guys are great. Personable accommodating in treating our furniture like their runs. Our son use them several years ago and referred us to them. I would never use another mover and they will be moving us into our new home once it is built.

Description of Work
Move to storage and apartment while new home is being built.

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

05/30/2019

Ann P.

Professional crew and friendly. Our belongings were well taken care of on the hottest day so far. Had a great experience with this company, I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Household Moved

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

12/30/2018

Deanna T.

Some antiques very attentive to them. Prompt, careful and worked hard. Will hire again!

Description of Work
house move

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

01/18/2018

Rita W.

This is the second time I have ever used Dave The Best Mover. Both time they were very professional, always on time, polite, just an all around great staff. The times I have used them not one thing was ever broken or marred in any way. From Dave and (Perla, who is the office agent) they were so helpful with answering any questions I had. I recommend them highly—-I guess the best way to say it is: on a scale of 1 to 10 I rate them a 25.

Description of Work
Moving to Virginia

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

10/24/2017

Ann C.

It went very smoothly. They were polite, communicative and moved quickly. Dave talked to me on the phone during the planning phase to answer questions. The office staff was also very nice and responded quickly.

Description of Work
Moved all the boxes and furniture from my 2 bedroom home into storage. Rearranged the storage to fit in a 10x10 so that I could cancel the 2nd storage unit. It even left room for a few more boxes that I had later.

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

09/18/2017

susan W.

Excellent. Efficient, quick and professional.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from my basement to main floor

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

08/25/2017

Donald M.

very professional, on time and wiht n o damage

Description of Work
local move

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

08/07/2017

Will M.

Dave's did a great job. Very happy.

Description of Work
Residential move

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

07/25/2017

Dee J.

Dave always provides the best teams of movers. The team was timely to arrive; efficient in loading and unloading; extremely careful in wrapping and loading antique furniture & belongings.

Description of Work
Movers to pack & load trailer for cross-country move. Items to be moved were stored at 3 different locations.

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

07/05/2017

Amy B.

The entire team was polite, professional and made our move easy and fun. They took excellent care of our belongings and went above and beyond to help us get settled.

Description of Work
We moved our household locally.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

04/21/2017

Peter H.

These guys rocked it! The crew of three showed up early and got straight to work - no wasting time, no fiddling around. They worked hard and finished the move in less than the estimated time. All three of the crew were clean-cut and friendly. They used lots of pads to protect our furniture and used a plastic wrapping film on top of the pads to help keep everything clean. If Angie's List would let me give them an A+, I would. We will eventually sell our house and need to move into another one. When that time comes, we're calling Dave The Mover!

Description of Work
As we prepare our home for sale, we need to de-clutter. We needed to have several pieces of furniture and dozens of boxes moved out of our two-story home to a nearby storage unit.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

03/22/2017

Rob R.

Dave and a older woman came late for one. they took there time being slow and getting stuff that was ready and easy to just take upstairs to this small uhaul truck they had. I moved my stuff and set up to my inlaws with only me and my husband in less than 2hrs. they took over 5 hrs to get the stuff upstairs and to the moving truck and was basically throwing my stuff in the truck. then asked if they can put stuff in my pickup truck. they got done at the my inlaws loading everything , dave told me that him and his helper will need to stop and get something to eat befcause they havent ate all day. so he said he would meet me @ my new house. by this time it was getting late, I said fine whatever. I got to my new home and unloaded what was in my pickup truck and put it all away. dave and his helper still had not got done eating. dave called me an hour later saying they we on there way . I okay. They finally arrived and started to put stuff in my house right in the family room and not into the rooms I wanted it in. He told my father-in law instead of being on his cell phone and smoking he could use a hand in helping . Are you kidding me I hired you to move my stuff, if i wanted my in laws help then I would of got them to help instead of dave. but just so we could get my stuff in the house my father in law and I started to help unload the truck just they wouldnt be at my house all night. dave's helper lady could barrely lift anything and told me she cant be lifting lots of stuff because of her back problems. then after all done unloading I was quote a $100 for my move then when I went to write the check he told me it was $500 because I lied about what I needed moving and had more than what I said. Then he said they had to stop for eating and get gas which was on my time and I had to pay for there break and gas refill. I had enough of Dave's BS. iI said im not paying you $500 when you quoted me $100 and im not paying extra for you being late and not bringing strong help, instead you brought a older woman with back problems that could barely move anything and you took hours to load stuff at a slow pace, then you told my father-in law to get off his phone and stop smoking and help you and we both helped him in which we shouldnt have.and put stuff in just my family room instead of where i wanted it. Dave then started screaming and yelling @ me telling me he is going to call the police on me and going to off how I need to pay him $500. Then i yell no either you take the $100 or nothing. My father-in law told him he was not to yell or threating me and what kind of business man he was. Dave also knew my husband was overseas and i lost my borther in law not even a yr yet and he said to me still yelling F the military and your brother got what he deserved because I was nothing but a cheap rip off *****. I then told him to get the F up out of my house or I will be calling the cops on you and you don't speak to no one like that and F paying you anything. I got them out of my home locked my doors shut my garagedoor. They left with only a check for $100 which was never cashed because I diputed it with the bank because of his rude mouth and demnor. I told everyone not use him if they were moving. so all these reviews I have read from nice to bad, Im wondering where was the nice dave on my moving day ?

Description of Work
I had to move some furniture and the rest of boxes all packed and ready to go from my in laws to my new house.

Work Completed On 01/02/2010

I distinctly remember you as one of the worst customers I have ever had. I hope things improve for you. Best! Dave wassenaar You got extreme value for our services, and declined to pay for ordinary hourly rates as I recall.

03/17/2017

Robert C.

All three moves went very smoothly. They arrived on time and worked very quickly. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I have used Dave the Mover three times in the last two years. They have always provided excellent service and worked hard to fit into my schedule. I believe their prices are reasonable.

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

03/07/2017

Scott C.

I sent an email requesting a quote for service. I was give a poorly worded response back from Perla stating that I need 3 movers @ $180//hour then asked me how many rooms and what type of furniture. I have a big problem with quotes over the phone and asked for them to come to my house for a inperson quote. I heard nothing back from them for 24 hours when I did get a response it was simply, "WED 03/08/17 at 9-10am". No hello....no sincerely no choice of time frame. I was given a slot and that was that. I responded with an email stating I had to be at work during that time and would need a new time slot after 3pm. Over three hours and there was no response from the company. Seeing how my entire experience with them could be like this I have now cancelled my request for a quote and will go with one of the other moving companies that are actually treating my like an important customer.

Description of Work
Inquire about moving services

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

Sorry. It is generally easier for us to call when we have a phone number to call. Best to you Dave Wassenaar We are generally not in the position to give estimates after 3 o'clock. Is that cuts into the end of the day and family time.

02/11/2017

JENNIFER N.

Don't look anywhere else. Call Dave! The crew was prompt, polite, wrapped the freezer carefully, protected the floors, and the whole move went like clockwork! Everyone involved was thrilled!

Description of Work
I needed a freezer moved from my home to my children's school about 10 miles from my house.

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

01/29/2017

Mary B.

They arrived at 9 AM, began packing and as they packed they loaded the truck. They did not take any breaks and they continued on to the new house and unloaded all the load.

Description of Work
They packed and moved me from one home to another. All in 5 hours. They were the most professional tile ever worked with.

Work Completed On 01/11/2017

01/17/2017

Eugene F.

The delivery of the safe was very professional and the staff was very respectful awesome awesome.

Description of Work
Delivered a safe to the basement of our house.

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

01/09/2017

Juan C J.

The initial visit went very well. Two people from the office came to my home, as scheduled, to inspect the contents of the move. They looked thoroughly everywhere, asked pertinent questions, clarified a few issues and finally sat down to prepare an offer which they presented to me some 15 minutes later. I had received two other offers from other movers. One rather lower, the other similar (but still lower) to the one I was being presented with. The difference was that they did not visit to inspect the contents. So I accepted the more costly offer because I felt the people involved understood what they were offering better than the competition. They seemed knowledgeable and professional. The service a few days later was excellent. The crew came, on time, with two trucks. Everything that was not packed was protected. Nothing was damaged in the process. The crew was not only very polite, but willing to accept my suggestions the very few times I thought they could be relevant. Moves are never fun, but this one was, by far, the largest and at the same time the least stressful I have ever made. The company knew all along what it was doing. Great service.

Description of Work
I needed to move the full contents of my home in Marshall, VA to Great Falls, VA. I did most (but not all) of the packing.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

12/01/2016

Brenda B.

We had a great moving team! Bo, Alfredo and Axel were fantastic and took excellent care of our items and our homes (walls and hardwood floors) on both sides of the move. The Steinway (very big and heavy) was no problem for these pros. They were professional, pleasant and hard working. We highly recommend this company and this team. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
Moving business and residence.

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 11/19/2016

11/26/2016

Adam L.

I really can't say enough good things about Dave The Mover. We had a representative come to our old home to evaluate what would be needed for our move and provide us with a quote. Over the coming weeks I had received several quotes and had questions for each company. Dave The Mover were the least expensive and most responsive to my questions. The representative estimated we would need 3 movers and 1 truck. They showed up within an hour of their estimated arrival time and did a quick walk through to see what they needed to load out. After a few hours they determined it would take two trips to move everything. As we received a "flat rate" quote there was no additional charge for the second trip. The movers continued until the job was completed, including two trips from the old house and one trip to the storage location. During the entire move all 3 movers were professional, courteous, and polite. In addition to all the moving between homes they moved several pieces of furniture between floors at the old house for the renters that were moving in the same day. At the new house they laid out furniture blankets to protect the floor and all the equipment they used was in good repair and clean. Other benefits included: Having any pieces of furniture requiring disassembly and reassembly completed without being requested Mentioning Angie's List added the benefit of having them provide wardrobe boxes for use during the move. This was very helpful as we didn't have to purchase wardrobe boxes to use for one day then recycle. Any furniture with drawers did not have to be emptied. This was huge for us as it would have taken lots more boxes or bags to pack all the clothes or other items in all our dressers and other furniture. Overall Dave The Mover was more than we could have expected from a home mover and we would recommend them to anyone looking for a home move.

Description of Work
Moving a single family home about 20 miles away. The move included a stop at a second location to pick up several pieces of furniture, boxes, and tubs in storage.

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

11/09/2016

Lori F.

On time, courteous, cooperative, polite, hardworking, no standing around or wasting time will-use them again. I assume "A" is the best as there are no instructions.

Description of Work
(1). Move out of sold house. (2). Move items from storage at flood. (3). Move items 1 yr later into new house.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

09/27/2016

Joseph V S.

Arrived on time for estimate dills actual more movers were efficient, hard working, and most importantly careful! I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Moved all furniture from 3-story house and from a large storage building.

Work Completed On 09/21/2016