When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Altavista, VA
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Altavista
- Acres of Virginia Inc.We contracted Acres to perform work for our septic and paid them in November of 2020. After calling weekly for months now, we still have no work completed and the owner won't even dignify us with a response via email or call. We've requested a refund both by email and phone multiple times and they won't even call us back or respond to the emails. Don't trust this company with your hard-earned money, they are not responsive and don't seem to want to do work they were paid to do. We've hired a more professional contractor from Charlottesville to handle our work now due to this companies lack of effort both in the work itself and their ability to respond. Buyer beware
- Actual Surveyors, PLLCMy family and I worked with Taze Crowder in 2017 on several survey and consulting projects. The survey results were extremely accurate, the quality of his work is outstanding and his attention to detail is superb. Taze’s knowledge of Amherst county regulations and guidelines was very valuable as we worked through some property transactions. He serves as a “trusted advisor” to us and we appreciate his honesty and integrity. We have and will continue to strongly recommend him to others
- Acres of Virginia Inc.I called Acres of Virginia to come out and survey my property when I bought my house. The two gentlemen that arrived were very friendly and professional. They made sure I had plenty of markers along my boundary lines on 3.35 acres. I called on them again when I needed to have a soil sample taken and tested for a building permit. Acres of Virginia had the best prices around and everyone was great to work with
- Shrader Engineering and Land Surveying IncI called this surveying company to survey 3 acres of land for me. The representative, David Mitchell gave me a verbal price of $1,200.00 plus a $200.00 Bedford County fee, totaling $1,400.00. After some thought, David called me to inform me that it would be best to survey 6 acres of land in lieu of 3 in order to keep the property in "Land Use". I agreed after he gave me a price for this service of $1,800.00 plus a $200.00 Bedford County fee, totaling $2,000.00. I met David at the property and explained the area I wanted surveying and he agreed the price would not be more than quoted. At this time, I requested a written estimated and I was told they do not provide written estimates. David seemed like a trustworthy individual; therefore, I allowed the company to perform the survey and I received a bill totaling $2,480.00. I called David and asked him why the bill was so much higher than his price and he stated, "I told them to give me the bill so I could make some adjustments on it before sending it out". He also said he would "get this resolved and call me back", which he never did. After several calls I finally got in touch with David and he said, "I can't do anything for you now." I told him this was wrong and he needed to fix this issue. Unfortunately, the bill had to go directly to my Attorney to close on the property and I ended up footing the additional money in order to close on my home loan to avoid defaulting on a locked in interest rate. I am not sure if this company did anything unlawful; furthermore, I am not sure it will be worthwhile to pay my Attorney to try and collect the additional $480.00 I feel I am owed. I simply believe this is unethical and sloppy business practice and it should be reported to inform others of the unfair business practices they may encounter when dealing with this company
Land Surveyors in Altavista
- Business Description:Acres of Virginia, Inc., is a full service Engineering, Surveying, Planning,Environmental, and Soils consulting firm. Our staff consists of highly trained Professionals licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia. Acres of Virginia, Inc., is committed to providing the highest quality service to each and every client. Our staff of professionals know how important your projects success is and they are ready to assist you. Our staff is committed to serviceRecent Review:We contracted Acres to perform work for our septic and paid them in November of 2020. After calling weekly for months now, we still have no work completed and the owner won't even dignify us with a response via email or call. We've requested a refund both by email and phone multiple times and they won't even call us back or respond to the emails. Don't trust this company with your hard-earned money, they are not responsive and don't seem to want to do work they were paid to do. We've hired a more professional contractor from Charlottesville to handle our work now due to this companies lack of effort both in the work itself and their ability to respond. Buyer bewareMatthew C.
- Business Description:Surveying, Planning, Land Developing since 1974. Services Include: Site Plans, Sub-Divisions, Farms, Small Lots, Industrial and Commercial projects, ALTA Surveys, Construction Stake out, Topographic Surveys, GPS, Engineering and Soil Consulting also available! We promise honest,reliable service to always be provided with the utmost integrity. Contact us today for all your land development needs, no job is too big or too small! We look forward to serving you
- Business Description:Actual Surveyors is a professional land surveying firm managed by M. Taze Crowder, L.S. who has 20 years of Land Surveying experience. When you engage our services you will work with an Actual Surveyor from start to finish. Taze performs the property research, conducts the field work, and drafts each survey record personally. We fundamentally believe that a Professional Land Surveyor should be involved and personally oversee each phase of the surveying process. We are licensed to perform surv..Recent Review:My family and I worked with Taze Crowder in 2017 on several survey and consulting projects. The survey results were extremely accurate, the quality of his work is outstanding and his attention to detail is superb. Taze’s knowledge of Amherst county regulations and guidelines was very valuable as we worked through some property transactions. He serves as a “trusted advisor” to us and we appreciate his honesty and integrity. We have and will continue to strongly recommend him to othersDianne P.
- Business Description:Armstrong & Associates, Inc., a veteran owned business, provides personal and professional service for a wide range of surveying needs. From house locations to large construction stakeout projects A&A strives to meet each Clients specific needs. With over 18 years of experience in Southside and Central Virginia, A&A has the knowledge to make any project a success. Personal Service is our trademark! Cost Determined by Project Size and Scope. Our company is mobile and willing to meet you on y..Recent Review:We were looking to add a jet ski floater to an existing dock and needed drawings and measurements for a building permit and to satisfy AEP requirements. Rich, the company owner, was great to work with throughout the whole process. He showed up on time with his "robot", some really interesting equipment and technology that followed him around the area taking laser measurements around the area. It was really fun to watch. All those measurements made an awesome computerized drawing of our dock with distances as well to neighboring docks. We really enjoyed working with Rich and would definitely use his company againB Keith T.
- Business Description:Kready Consulting & Forest Land Management is a small business that can do everything from forest land management plans and wildlife management to timber harvests and cutover reforestation. Our staff have over 10 years working with both state and federal agencies and can assist you in getting cost share incentives and tax credits on you forested property
- Business Description:Small, personal land surveying company
- Business Description:Construction Company, providing Home/Dock/Deck Building, Remodeling, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Repairs/Property Management, Commercial Construction Services and General Contracting Consulting. BayWatch Development Corporation, is one of the region's largest home and commercial builders. Without our amazing clientele base, we wouldn't be where we are today. Our clients' locations range from Roanoke to the City of Lynchburg, Virginia. Craftsmanship is central to every aspect of what B D C ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Altavista
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)
- McCorkle Surveying117 Mountain Top Ct.
Lynch Station, Virginia
- McCorkle Surveying