Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Hartsville, SC
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Hartsville
- Kohr ConstructionMy building turned out better than I could imagine. Vince was a true visionary and provided helpful suggestions as to the windows, floor plan and even wood trim. I incorporated all of his suggestions and they made a big difference to the over all appeal and trendy look of the boutique that I was trying to achieve. He is very easy to work with and despite my Type-A perfectionistic personality and he was very patient with me and professional. He made the entire process so easy. After the construction was complete on the building I was approached on several occasions by others inquiring about availability for their business. It was a great feeling considering the poor shape the building was in prior to the construction. Best suggestion is to get Elite Construction involved early in your project. And last, they worked with my budget
- Southern Hertiage BuildersThe experience was very good. The owner's name was Todd Miles. It was excellent. He was very easy to work with. I had some difficulties with the old floor and he took up everything and cleaned everything. He did it in a very professional way. I had one comeback with some condensation on the tube when it would rain because it would get moisture and run down the ceiling so he came back and insulated all of that. I never had another problem. He even touched up the paint, which I could have done. He was very good to work with and the price was right. He was busy but he did the best he could. If he was going to be late, he called me. I would absolutely use him again
- Taylor Construction of The Carolinas, LLCVery prompt to come for estimate and get estimate to us. Always professional and friendly. Very smart. Highly recommended for any construction needs. A great experience. Will definitely use Taylor Construction again.
- BP Builders of SumterThe craftsmanship and professionalism of the contractor was extroadinary and showed with the deck he built for us.
- Kohr ConstructionVince with Elite Construction came recommended to us by a close friend who had his company do a complete remodel of their home in Charleston. So after speaking with Mr. Carter a few times about our ideas on our new home, we decided to allow him and his company to build our new home and we could not be more pleased. Vince was always very professional, honest, dependable and helpful. He and his crews were some of the best I have ever seen. He helped with plan design, estimating, site management and building exactly what we wanted for the budget we discussed. He is very knowledgeable about all types of construction as well as interior and exterior trends. He helped us in all phases of the construction process. With so many horror stories we were told by friends and family about contractors we are so thankful we found a really great one. We would recommend this company to anyone wanting anything from a remodel to full new home construction. We are currently working with Elite Construction on one of our investment commercial/retail properties and look forward to a long relationship with Vince and his company
- Taylors Window & Screen Incthe contractors did a good job I guess. but it amazed me at how they just ripped out the old window including the surrounding part of the window. no wonder they had to cap the sides of the windows with aluminum siding they way they ripped up the wood. However the finished product look very nice. Also I thought they were kind of expensive. Lastly although the contractors were very good the office staff was unorganized. I told the office lady that I would not be home for the install until later and would leave a key for them in a special place. well she never told them about the key. Fortunately I got home early because the guys were waiting around for me to show up. anyway overall the job was satisfactory
- ROOFCO INCTried to cut corners. When confronted tried to bully me into letting them get away with it. Finally they made it
- Jackson Homes, LLCGlenn did much of the work himself to save money. He roofed our house himself and did it incorrectly. I would hope that by now he is using decent subcontractors to do his work but the electrical and septic tank subs he used on our house were obviously the cheapest available. Following are the major issues we have had or are having. Our house is only 4 years old and these problems began after 2 years. We realize everyone makes mistakes and crap happens. We would not be giving this report if Glenn was responsive in handling these issues. Our roof was installed incorrectly. We have had state and county inspectors and 3 other roofing companies come out to look and they all confirmed that the shingles were nailed too high. Whether or not to repair or replace was the debate with Glenn. He refused to replace it and offered to repair so we agreed. He kept putting the repair off for different reasons for over 6 months so we filed a complaint with the State Licensing board. In Feb-March of 2011 they threatened his builder's license unless he repaired so he sent roofers to pull up each shingle and renail and reglue them. These roofers told us, along with every other roofer we spoke to in the process of getting this done, that the roof needed to be replaced or we would continue to have problems. The shingle manufacturer allows for the repair so this is why he was able to attempt the repair instead of replacing. Lo and behold our roof is now leaking again. It is now August 2011 and the leaks began August of 2009.Our roof is now on its fourth leak. Obviously, we can't afford a new roof or we would have given up by now and just paid for it ourselves so we wouldn't have to deal with Glenn Jackson ever again. We paid for a correctly installed roof in our mortgage and we should get a correctly installed roof! In addition we have had to have our Septic tank pumped out 3 times in the last 4 years and each time we are told the tank was installed incorrectly and needed to be redone. Electrical was overloaded on one breaker and we have had to replace an electric motor on an air compressor three times now, plus half our lights don't work now. To be fair we have not had an electrician out to look at this problem and we have no idea what the problem is but the breaker has always tripped ever since we moved in and we were so focused on the roof. When the Marlboro County inspector came out to take a look at the roof and was in the attic, he found that our dryer vent was vented into the attic and that our vent pipe was not capped. He informed us that we had to repair those immediately now that we knew about them for safety reasons or if anything happened our homeowner's insurance wouldn't cover us. So we repaired those ourselves. Glenn has offered to reimburse us for this but has not followed through. We are not out to scam anyone. We just want the house we paid for. Glenn was a nice guy outside of this contractor relationship but he is unorganized, forgetful and skimped on subcontractors. We liked our house. We fixed small things when we moved like scratches in the tub, loose floorboards, etc because it wasn't a big deal. A leaking roof is a big deal. A new septic system is a big deal. Electrical and safety is a big deal. We are paying a regular mortgage which we put down over 30K on (not a 100% financed one like he now advertises on his website. We were not part of this program.), and signed a contract with Glenn for a quality house. That is not what we got. I don't think Glenn set out to screw us over but he certainly has by not making things right. We are pursuing action through the state again. They have a public complaint against him on file now. If you are investigating home builders like you should before you hire, you'll find it on the SCLLR website in the complaint section listed by last name. Look in the J section. Bottom Line: We would never recommend Jackson Homes LLC to anyone. If this is all you can afford, RENT. You'll be better off in the long run
- APPLE CONSTRUCTIONWe had no idea the ridge vents had not been installed properly until months later when we had a sale for our house and the home inspector let us know. I tried to contact MANY times Chris Owens who was responsible for installing the roof and he never returned calls or emails. I finally tracked down the owner Bob Brown, but he said he could do nothing about it because he couldn't locate the original roofing company that he and Chris Owens contracted to do the job, and that he "had no money" to have anyone else do it. We ended up spending 1,000 dollars to get the roof fixed so that we could complete the house sale. I have never dealt with such an irresponsible, unprofessional company. Owens Roofing, which is under Apple Construction should be ashamed of how they do business. Please don't get the shaft like we did by using this compan
House Builders in Hartsville
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:Made sure all was properly installed and working appropriatelyWinston K.
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today! Give us a call today for your remodeling needs! We specialize in but aren’t limited to bathroom and kitchen remodelingRecent Review:My experience was great. They cleaned up everything They made sure everything was done. I did not have to clean. They came on time. i would advise everyone to use them. They were great.Gertrude M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:With 15 years of professional contracting experience, we are here to address your general contracting needs. We do all types of remodeling, water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, roofing, and more.Recent Review:We were extremely happy with quality and timelines of work. Highly recommend!Mrs S.
- Business Description:Been in the building & roofing business since 1996. We offer Roofing and gutter work in central South Carolina. Please contact us today at (803)605-6135 for a free estimate.Recent Review:I did not see the written estimate and steve told me what was going to be done .That went well. I signed the contract and did not read the fine print which states that the home owner is liable for payments that the insurance does not pay for.After the job was complete I received the estimate which was outrageous so the insurance only paid a little over half.. A mechanics lien was delivered to my house saying I owed the remaining money which by the way they added interest because the first one I did not pay. Some of the things Steve was asking for the insurance paid for and other things they didn't pay. I filed a complaint with the Dept of Insurance so now I'm waiting to see what happens. I don't have the money to pay this so I have lost sleep and my nerves are shot over this.. Please find another contractor for your roof job and don't hire Shelley Custom Construction. I had Allstate as my insurance company. I was not in good hands with them either. This whole business transaction is a nightmare. Steve assured me that the insurance company would pay thisMary Beth M.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:WJA Construction is Licensed by the State of South Carolina in General Contracting, Plumbing & Electrical we have been in business for over 15 years nowRecent Review:Awful. WJA was sent by 2-10,Warranty so they were not my choice. For my $100 deductible I was told I needed a new hot water heater in spite of the fact that all the other hot water faucets in the house worked just fine. He adjusted (so he said) the adjustment screw in the shower and left quickly. When I stopped him from getting in his car after the hot water stopped again, he said “I’ve done all I can.” My home warranty company, 2-10 Warranty (stay away from them, too, by the way—especially Jennifer) wouldn’t help me find another plumber and denied my claim. I was left to find another plumber and paid him $500 to replace the faucet. If you read other reviews of WJA, you’ll see I’m not alone. Worst experience I’ve ever had with any company and I’ve built 3 housesBruce H.
- Business Description:Home Improvement Company Specializing In All Types Of Home Improvement from Additions ,Flooring,Carpentry to Windows,Doors Inc......... We Have About 10 Employees And We Serve All Of South Carolina & Parts Of North Carolin
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Society Hill
home builders in Hartsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Carolina Home Design & Construction LLC3203 W. Palmetto St. Suite I
Florence, South Carolina
- Carolina Home Improvement & Construction Co.4116 Dubose Siding Rd
Sumter, South Carolina
- Carolina Trim Group, LLC902 McLaughlin Road
Effingham, South Carolina
- CLR Construction118 Wingate Ave
Florence, South Carolina
- CR Construction2540 Nena Ln
Florence, South Carolina
- Carolina Home Design & Construction LLC
- Eagle Construction & Contracting2651 Green Ln
Bishopville, South Carolina
- Envirocon Building Solutions511 Pleasant Grove Church Rd
Cheraw, South Carolina
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Eagle Construction & Contracting
- JA Ogle Construction1937 W Palmetto St. PMB 173
Florence, South Carolina
- JA Ogle Construction
- Lee Carter Builders286 Tideland Drive
Shannon, North Carolina
- Lee Carter Builders
- NVR Inc11700 Plaza America Dr 500
- NVR Inc
- quality home improvements510 williams st
Lake City, South Carolina
- quality home improvements
- Shelley Custom Roofing & Construction1211 Pine St
Elgin, South Carolina
- SNB Construction2125 A Jody Road
Florence, South Carolina
- Southeast renovation & construction56 Tanner Road
Hemingway, South Carolina
- Southeastern Roofing Services LLC43 Alice Drive
Sumter, South Carolina
- Southern Home Design, LLC202 N Harvest Ln
Florence, South Carolina
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Shelley Custom Roofing & Construction
- Ultimate Contractors1088 Kentwood dr
Sumter, South Carolina
- Ultimate Contractors
- Viking Steel Structures113 W Main St
Boonville, North Carolina
- Viking Steel Structures