Taylors Window & Screen Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2006

1505 Buncombe Rd.

Greenville, SC 29609

Taylors has enjoyed consistent growth in the upstate area, becoming one of the largest and most used window manufacturers and contractors in the area. Our company's growth is due to our relentless desire to offer high quality windows and doors at a competitive price. Our diligence towards customer

05/22/2020

Bonnie M.

Our experience was great from beginning to end. Tim spend a lot of time explaining our choices, and there was no pressure to buy quickly. We had another company out too. The windows were done earlier than expected, but with covid-19 in our lives, we asked to postpone installment for a month. Debbie was completely fine with that. On our appointment day, Robert called to apologize that he was running a little late and would call when he was on his way-which he did. When he arrived, he asked if he could block our mailbox long enough to unload everything and if it was ok to park across the street. At our request, he wore a mask while in the same room as we were. He was very careful to cover our floors and other items to protect them, and took off his shoes when on our carpet. Throughout the day, he was polite, professional, and very hard working. He cleaned up inside and out before leaving. The next morning, we had a question, so we called to ask Debbie. Within an hour Robert called us to answer our question, and soon a second call from Travis followed to make sure we had our answer. We have been very impressed with Taylors. The windows are so much better than what we had, with a great warranty, and 1/3 the cost of the other company! We highly recommend Taylors.

Description of Work
We needed 5 replacement windows.

03/16/2019

Lisa C.

The worst purchase we have ever made since owning our home over 30 years. The widows are "supposed" to be the best windows that Taylors Windows and Screens offer. They claim that they are argon gas filled, hurricane rated, as well as a laundry list of benefits of owning these windows. They were sold as their top of the line product. Within the first month, one of the trapezoid windows had a crack running the length of the window. When the representative came to replace it, he broke a very sentimental Waterford vase. That has yet to be addressed after several years now. All of the windows fog up. This should not happen with a proper seal and especially if they are truly argon gas filled. We also purchased 5 exterior doors. One being one of their "high end" leaded glass entry doors. That "high end" leaded glass entry door, still has a gap between the threshold and the wood flooring. It appears that the proper threshold was not used. I have personally contacted the owner, Mr. Mark Nichols concerning theses issues. He was very rude and disrespectful, including raising his voice to me. I asked if I needed to contact my attorney, his response was "do you want the name of my attorney"!?! I was finally contacted by his representative, Robert Babcock. Mr. Robert Babcock gave me two days only, that he would be available, to choose, to make an appointment with him. I immediately realized that the appointment that was scheduled, conflicted with an appointment that my husband had with his Dr. I promptly contacted Mr. Robert Babcock to inform him of this conflict. When I tried contacting Mr. Robert Babcock again, his phone number had been disconnected. I dialed the exact same number that showed up on my caller I.D, when Mr. Robert Babcock called me, which I had saved into my contacts in my phone. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact Mr. Marks Nichol's wife, who is the acting President of Taylors Windows and Screens, but she is never available or should I say, it's apparent that she screens her calls through her receptionist. She has never returned my phone calls. I am disabled, homebound, bedridden and depend on a wheelchair to be the least bit mobile. Taylors Windows and Screens are quite aware. I was bedridden while they were here doing the installation. I have left a review on Taylors Windows and Screens Facebook page. My review immediately was hidden from their page and I was promptly blocked from making any further comments. From the warranty provided by Taylors Windows and Screens, they are in direct violation of the law and guilty of Breach of Contract of their Lifetime Warranty on the products that they sell. Since it has come down to no resolution after making requests for several years now, my options of getting any resolution from Mr. Mark Nichols are exhausted and have exhausted and stressed both my husband and myself. He has $10,000 of our money, yet we have a mess. The entire reason of our decision to replace our windows and doors rested solely on making our home available for sale. Our home is three levels. With my disability, I am isolated to the ground level. Which I basically live in one room of my home. I have been isolated and confined to one room of my home for over 10 years now. The lack of Taylors Windows and Screens willingness to remedy this situation, is deterring our ability to market our home. My health and physical needs require us to move into a one level home. For us to be able to sell our home, we would have to disclose that the windows are faulty. The Front Leaded Glass Door that I spent an excessive amount of money for, rather than what a standard door would have cost to replace. I added for value and curb appeal for resale of our home. The issue with the threshold and gap in the hardwood flooring would need no written disclosure. It is very obvious when you walk through our front entry door. As this is March, 2019 and we live in the humidity of S.C., I can't say that we enjoy our view out of our fogged windows. Taylors Windows and Screens has their address listed as 1505 Buncombe Rd. Greenville, SC 29609 and 401 Furman Hall Rd. Greenville, South Carolina 29609.

Description of Work
I purchased their top of the line windows and 5 exterior doors

Category replacement windows, doors

In response again, Taylors Window has been in business for almost 30 years - manufacturing and installing hundreds of thousands of windows throughout the Carolinas. As hard as we try to satisfy every customer, there will always be one out there that feels offended when they do not get their way. It is important to remember that there si ALWAYS 2 sides to every story. I have reviewed the installation and service notes for this customer. There is not a problem with the windows and they are every bit working as advertised. This is quite evident because she now has condensation on the glass where with her old drafty windows there was little to none (obviously working quite well!). Windows do not cause condensation; they are merely a point where physics shows us that warm moist air rushes to cold. Glass is more receptive to having condensation form. The door was installed and preforms as expected. There was not a gap under the door when installed, rather a piece of wood covering the place in the floor where her old door came in farther. A transition strip was put in place but after a while, she did not like the color. As in our contracts, we do not paint. The product fits and functions as it should. After the initial installation, the glass in one trapezoid window did break. We replaced the glass promptly as we do for any legitimate warranty. Yes, we did break the vase (not an excuse, but you can't hardly do anything for the clutter in the house) but were able to find the exact vase online for 75 dollars and told her to deduct that amount from the monies she still owes. We have repeatedly explained all these items but to no avail as she would rather fuss than understand that the issues lie within her domain. As a final note, during the installation, she lied to my installers about extra work that was supposed to be done per the salesman but was not written on the contract. The sales person knows not to sell the installation of someone else's products. Unfortunately, the sales person was out of reach with another customer and couldn't answer the call by the installer. To save a trip back, believing the woman's request, they did her additional installs. As a result, we installed 4 Storm Doors and 8 pairs of exterior shutters. A separate invoice of $440 was sent to her for the additional work performed. She refused to pay stating that she was not aware that we would charge her. We sell doors and shutters ourselves so why would we do work like that for free. We have since written off the invoice and taken a loss for the additional work. We, as a reputable company, take care of our customers but also will not be lied to or about. We have done nothing wrong here except for doing work for someone who thinks they can bad mouth someone socially and get a response. I offered to see her in court or arbitration, yet she would rather be a keyboard cowboy. I'll let our reputation of over 27 years and hundreds of thousands of windows and customers do my talking.

09/16/2018

Jeff C.

I hired Taylor's to replace 15 windows and 1 very large picture window. It took a crew of 3 a little over 1 day to complete the 15 replacements and the picture window took a crew of 3 two days to complete working only on this window. The picture window is the main reason I hired Taylor's. This window was very heavy and there was some wood damage on the trim they had to deal with. They were very professional with the replacement work. It's been 6 months since the work was done, and we haven't had any issues. The reason I rated them a B in responsiveness is that it took a few months from the time of purchase until the time of install. In that time there was very little communication to let me know what was going on.

Description of Work
15 windows replaced and 1 very large picture window replaced

04/17/2018

Mary ..

The internal molding in the four small slide windows expanded probably due to direct sunlight. The technician, Gurman examined them and offered to replace them free of charge. Gurman returned with the new windows, quickly and efficiently installed them. When Taylors Windows offers a life-time warranty, the deliver!!

Description of Work
Replace 4 of the 26 windows installed 13 years ago.

02/07/2018

Cindy B.

Taylor’s Windows staff worked efficiently and replaced all our old windows and doors in a day and a half. The new windows we ordered were their top quality vinyl, with half screens that can be used up or down, are very energy efficient, and tilt in for easy cleaning. The windows are made at their Greenville, SC plant, and took about 8 weeks from time we ordered until installed. The doors came primed in a frame, and we also had interior door wood casings replaced. Their staff were efficient, professional, and were careful with our home (both inside and outside) during installation. We have noticed a big difference in keeping house draft free and warmer, and are very happy so far with our purchase. The outside appearance of house is much improved.

Description of Work
Replacement of original windows(23) and replaced the front and back doors in our old brick ranch home.

01/16/2018

Cathy C.

Great! It couldn't have gone any better! The windows and the doors are beautiful. The three men who installed them were very professional and did an excellent job. We are so pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We had all of the windows in our house and 2 sliding glass doors replaced.

09/11/2017

Charlie D.

these men are on time, fast, good quality & professional

Description of Work
1 garden window, & 16 single double hung

09/02/2017

David T.

This included 16 windows. Yes, I would use them again and I would recommend them to other members.

Description of Work
We purchased and had installed replacement windows in the whole house.

08/21/2017

Jean L.

They were very thorough, friendly and even took their shoes off everytime they came in the house. I would definitely recommend them. Excellent work!

Description of Work
We had 17 windows replaced

08/02/2017

Elizabeth D.

We were kept notified of the process from order to product production to installation. All contacts were professional and the installation staff were careful of our landscape and property. They also cleaned up at the end of each day of work.

Description of Work
Window replacement

07/24/2017

Stephen T.

It went great; only reason I gave a B rating was it took two weeks. However, I was informed of the timeframe beforehand.

Description of Work
Double pane window lost gas, was fogging up.

05/21/2017

Cheryl S.

They did a fantastic job. In addition, I wanted to have a garden window for my small kitchen and other companies told me my window was too small and garden windows didn't exist for that size. Taylors Window and Screen said no problem and made it. Wonderful company.

Description of Work
Replace all of the windows in my house

05/15/2017

Ruth K.

I was disappointed that I was not told up front that this wasn't a job they would do. They lacked professionalism and I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed replacement of a french door and side windows and Taylors said they would contact their NC rep to make an appointment. They never called back and when I called a second time to the 800# they said they would not send anyone out unless I would contract to have more work done than that.

03/20/2017

Carol F.

Installation went well. The folks at Taylor Windows were very professional. My next project is to install new windows in the bedrooms and I will definitely buy them from Taylor Windows. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a total of four large windows in my living/dining room, kitchen and utility room. The cost was half the estimate I received from a Pella salesman. The windows were custom built in South Carolina near where I live. They told me the windows would be ready for installation approximately 6 weeks from the time I placed the order. I was in no hurry so this was fine. In fact, the windows were ready much sooner.

03/08/2017

JAMES L.

The project started a few weeks late but, when started, went extremely well from start up to end. Very professional installation crew very detail oriented. Windows are of high quality We are very satisfied by the end results

Description of Work
Replace all windows on our home

12/20/2016

Elizabeth A.

They were good. They were very clean, minimal disruption to my day. They were in and they were out in one day. Everything was beautiful.

Description of Work
We had new windows put in.

12/06/2016

Todd L.

Windows went great, no issues at all. Had some issues with the doors, We had changed our mind about getting blinds in between the glass and had called them back the next day to get blinds added, but the change got lost somewhere and the doors came without the blinds. Taylors got the replacement glass and came out and replaced the glass but then one of the doors got damaged when the glass was removed. So a new door was installed. Just a real inconvenience getting off work.

Description of Work
Had new windows, shutters, and doors installed. Also had garage door frame wrapped.

10/25/2016

Marwan M.

Never got a response to my calls to get the work done.

Description of Work
We needed a window re-configured to fit a dog door. Rep said it would not be a problem as they installed all the windows in that room. I never heard back from the rep. I called him again and he said someone would call and they would have to make a new window, which I was fine with. Never heard from them again.

Category replacement windows, home builders, sunrooms

08/13/2016

Deborah J.

I want to thank Taylor's Windows for an exceptional job of installing 15 windows in my home this week. The installation took two days and I could not be happier with the end product. I got a quote from six different companies, did research on each of them, and am so glad that I chose Taylor's Windows. My house looks great! The company was very professional from top to bottom, including quality of work to the workmanship of the installation. The new windows have given my home an updated look, are extremely efficient, and the compliements from my neighbors keep pouring in. Thank you again for doing an excellent job! DJ

Description of Work
Installed 15 windows

05/27/2016

Ryan A.

Jeff told me where their strengths were and even where the were not as strong. Listened to my concerns and didn't try to pressure me into what ever hea sold but encouraged me to get exactly what we wanted. I liked that he had a construction background because he could talk shop about the best way to coordinate windows with the rest of the build project. He offered helpful referrals for other local contractors that he trusted that had good prices. Did the quote on the spot and the pricing was very competitive. A very pleasant experience indeed. I typically dread meeting with any contractors or sales reps, but highly recommend these guys!

Description of Work
Called for a quote and they send Jeff Brown out to measure and quote on our windows. He may have been the most honest straightforward sales rep that I've dealt with in a long time.

05/24/2016

Ann H.

The windows and doors are very well made and state of the art. We had an excellent tour of the Taylor factory before making the purchase. The installation team of three brothers: Dimitri, Oleg, and Vitelli was superb. The brothers are perfectionalists and worked diligently for two days to ensure every detail was masterfully completed. The salesman, Jason, made two excellent recommendations which we would never have thought of--one was to replace three windows with picture windows and the other was to lower the window sash on three windows to enhance our view. All in all, a great buying experience.

Description of Work
Taylors replaced 21 windows and 3 patio doors.

05/09/2016

Betsi J.

We are actually in Columbia and used the services of the office here. We had gotten several other quotes when Paul came out. It appeared that their product was equal to or better than the competitors but their price was better. He was professional in his presentation. We also like the fact that the windows are produced in South Carolina. He said it would take 6 - 8 weeks to get them installed and they were installed 7 weeks and 1 day from then. The office personnel called ahead to make the appointment. The crew arrived were friendly, professional and went to work. In two hours the windows were installed, they had cleaned up and were gone. The windows look great. Haven't had them but a few days so can't say much about their functionality yet but I feel confident that we will be pleased. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced double hung windows in kitchen.

04/06/2016

Barbara B.

Overall, we were very pleased with the final product and installation. The installers arrived promptly, and they were VERY professional. The quality of the windows are excellent and we couldn't be happier. However, the communication skills of the Taylor's Window office staff was the worst I have ever encountered. We met with the salesman at the end of November. The first of December I gave them a check for half the cost (which they quickly cashed). Then I heard NOTHING from them. They said it would be 6-8 weeks. At the six-week mark, I called to get an update and the girl who answered the phone was actually RUDE to me. She said, "We told you it would be 6-8 weeks!" Ok - it's six weeks? "Well, they're not in yet! We'll call you when they're in!" At the eight week mark, I called the salesman - who apologized profusely and said, "They didn't send you a letter?" No, no letter. Finally, 12 weeks later the scheduler called to say, "OK. They're here. We will be there in a week." Really? From check-cashed to installation was nearly 13 weeks. This winter was a bad winter for rain - and I understand that. But SOMEONE should have communicated with us. You don't leave customers wondering what's going on...! If they had communicated properly, I would have give them an A rating. But be prepared - they will not talk to you!

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in the house and wrapped all vents

11/21/2015

Ralph D.

I ordered the windows in late August. They keep me up-to-date on the construction of the windows throughout the process by email. They called to schedule an installation date as soon as the windows were finished. They were very timely on the installation dates and flexible when storms caused them to reschedule for the following day. They had difficulty installing one of the windows and had to rebuild a portion. Within two weeks they had solved the issue and came back to complete the installation to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced 17 windows.

11/12/2015

NANCY R.

The window sill in my bedroom is rotting out and while I knew it was caused by water, I couldn't tell what the problem was. I had no idea who to call to see about getting it fixed. I called Taylors just as a starting point. The receptionist was incredibly kind and put me in touch with the area sales rep, assuring me he was knowledgeable and a decent guy. She was right on both counts. Paul came out to my house, explained what was likely causing the problem, and made suggestions about getting it fixed. The problem is likely not from the recent rains but condensation from the cheap builder's aluminum windows. Vinyl windows could solve the problem but they're not necessary. He is putting me in touch with someone who can fix the window sill. While I'm likely not going to buy windows within the next year, it will happen eventually, and when it does, it will be with Taylors. I will also recommend them to anyone else looking to replace their windows. Integrity within a business is hard to come by and should absolutely be rewarded.

Description of Work
Consultation

LA Roofing LLC

Call LA Roofing LLC at (844-505-7663) to work with a trusted roofing and siding contractor in Columbia, SC. We get the job done right the first time.

Southern Home Solutions

Southern Home Solutions, LLC is a high quality Home Improvement Company that prides its self in offering top quality doors and windows manufactured by the Amish in Northern Ohio. Our partnership with Provia provides Home Owners extreme quality. We believe in providing our customers with superior value. We employ highly trained professionals that will do the job right the first time ensuring lasting quality. Southern Home Solutions professionals have completed hundreds for jobs since 2012. We currently serve the Greenville, Anderson and Spartanburg areas of South Carolina. The Company was founded by a thirty year Military Veteran. Southern Home Solutions is dedicated to Faith, Family and Country. We provide a number of options to provide Solutions for your home. If you need a solutions for your, Entry, Windows, Bath, Kitchen, Porch, our just need to create space. Call us we will have the best solution!

American Made Windows of the Upstate

American Made Windows of Upstate, SC offers the highest quality replacement windows and doors at the best possible price, providing quality as well as cost, to pass the savings on to you. We pack countless features into every replacement window and door, in an effort to provide you with a product that will outperform and outlast the competition. We believe that form follows function, so before we make our replacement windows and doors beautiful, we make them strong and durable. And best of all, every replacement window and door product we sell and install is covered by our “Peace of Mind” Lifetime Limited Warranty, so you never have to worry with maintenance or repairs. The beauty of our replacement windows and doors goes far beyond their good looks. They’re exceptionally energy-efficient, saving money by helping to lower utility bills. All American Made Windows replacement windows and doors, when ordered with the appropriate glass, meet or exceed the ENERGY STAR guidelines in all 50 states. Additional Hours- Sat By Appt

Installation vinyl windows, insulated glass, custom, vinyl patio and fiberglass doors, siding, sunrooms & enclosures.

Additional addresses - 400 E 5th N St, Ste C, Summerville, SC 29483, 1404 St Andrews Rd Ste 330, Columbia, SC 292120. Additional phone - (864) 990-4571, (843) 851-5800, (864) 271-9759. Additional e-mail - mark@taylorswindows.com. Award winning.