It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
Get matched with top garage door companies in State College, PA
There are 2 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in State College
- POORMAN'S OVERHEAD DOOR SVCVery prompt service, with very professional attitude and knowledge of the job. They will send a bill in the mail.
- ADVANCE OVERHEAD GARAGE DOORGreat work, trusted his knowledge to do job correctly. Also helped fix garage door control panel wiring at no extra charge.
- ADVANCE OVERHEAD GARAGE DOORI called Mike in the morning and he was out the same afternoon to fix the broken spring and replace the second one. He was very nice and also professional, explained the situation, was up front with the costs, even gave a discount for the second door. Overall, I was very pleased with his work and the interactions with him. The cost shown was for two doors
- OVERHEAD DOOR OF NITTANY VLYThey came out the day I called and repaired it so that we could use it. Then they came out the next day with the new spring and installed it. Very happy with the service
- Blue Mountain Garage Door ServicesNevin arrived early in the day and took a systematic approach to removing the old door and installing the replacement, which was no small feat since the door frame is 18 ft by 8 ft. The panels were very heavy and Nevin was able to complete the job on his own, without incident. From the date of the estimate to installation Nevin communicated effectively and was very reliable. My house is quite a distance from his shop and he arrived on time and finished within the day allotted
- ADVANCE OVERHEAD GARAGE DOORHis previous repairs were just what I wanted, so I was sad to learn that he was not available for anything other than an estimate due to his medical break until April 2014. I will certainly call him again for future repairs (I need to replace some rollers, and the other door's spring is probably ready to break as well)
- Overhead Door Co of Nittany ValleyWent well, he explained everything and later provided a written quote. I just decided not to do anything,
- ADVANCE OVERHEAD GARAGE DOORMike was great. I would recommend him to anyone. He was on time and very professional. He was very thorough. He came the first time to install the keyless entry and to service the openers. After he did that, he found that I didn't have struts at the tops of the doors and my sensors were not aligned correctly. He came back on July 1 to do those jobs. He also programmed my garage door openers for my cars. You can't go wrong with Mike. Great Service!
- Pringle Electric and Building ServicesIt only took a few minutes to disgnos and after getting a new part a half an hour to properly fix. Great job!
- MILROY DOOR INCScheduled and came quite promptly--next day. While estimates on work were not low, the quality of the work carries the day. I recommend them highly.
Garage Door Companies in State College
- Recent Review:Prompt, efficient service. Have used them several times and they deliver professional service.Jon N.
- Business Description:All work completed by our skilled and experienced employees.Recent Review:I needed my siding and shutters replaced. The crew Steve,Tim, and Mike arrived promptly every morning and worked steady all day. They were very friendly and professional and answered all my questions.They paid close attention to detail and cleaned up every day when they were finished.I am really happy with the work and would very much recommend Ronald W Johnson to anyoneAl S.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes.Recent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:For many years I was a sub-contractor for a siding installation company. Over the years I began acquiring small jobs from relationships built during that time. I recently decided to venture out on my own and launched Haldeman’s Construction. Free estimates, licensed, insured, Over 17 years experience. Member of these reputable organizations are Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg Downtown Buy Local, Franklin County Landlord Association. Certifications & Licensing: Pennsylvania Atto..Recent Review:NOTHING happened, no one contacted us.gary b.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Business Description:Free Estimates
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts and la..Recent Review:They are the worst. I will never have nothing to do with them again. They tried to take our money from us. Don't recommend them to anyone. They took my money. They stole money and didn't fix anything. They said they fixed it and didn't fix it and then they broke the machine after the third time. Then they broke our refrigerator. It was just a mess. We had to go buy a new refrigerator. That refrigerator was purchased from Sears and was like a year old so it was out of warranty. They broke it cause they couldn't fix it. I had such a bad experience I will never walk into a Sears againKathy K.
- Business Description:In Business Since 2018 M&M Management & Acquisitions Inc is dedicated to providing our customers with the best quality and craftsmanship. We are here to build relationships with our customers and communities and to provide our employees with a great place to work. We look forward to working with you! How We Got Started We started in this industry in 2018. We describe our business as Family owned and operated Community Involvement Local Food Pantry Donations Annual Donor Raffle Why did you ..
- Business Description:General Contracting
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A garage door is for more than just curb appeal—it’s also a major entry point and becomes a security weakness when broken. Don’t let your garage door fall into disrepair. Find out the average garage door repair cost and keep your home stylish and safe.
Regular maintenance is crucial to ensuring that your garage door is in great shape. Luckily, this can be a breeze. Use our top tips to maintain a garage door to keep everything running smoothly and safely for years to come.
Find garage door companies in
- Pine Grove Mills
- University Park
- Pennsylvania Furnace
- Port Matilda
- Centre Hall
- Warriors Mark
- Spring Mills
- Snow Shoe
- Osceola Mills
garage door companies in State College
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cisney & O'Donnell Inc11923 William Penn Hwy
- Cisney & O'Donnell Inc
- DRA Construction428 Walnut St
- DRA Construction
- JT's Custom CarpentryPO Box 548
Centre Hall, Pennsylvania
- JT's Custom Carpentry
- State College Handyman1220 Sylvan Circle
- State College Handyman
- Walk's Trades Co LLC167 Wayward Ln
- Walk's Trades Co LLC