Your home’s curb appeal and energy costs both factor into which new garage door you should buy. Here are nine tips to consider when shopping for your new garage door (or during your next garage door replacement) so you can make an informed choice.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Altoona, PA
There are 2 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Altoona
- B & J Morrison Construction & RemodelingIt went well with only a few minor issues. The contractor followed all the new construction codes and every thing he did was inspected by a code officer.
- AIM Garage DoorsVery professional and good workmanship. Customer service is extraordinary. Highly recommend them
- Baker Door CompanyIt went very well. They were punctual, did the job, and our doors are now working properly.
- ALTOONA DOOR COI had a door opener that had power going to it, but would not work. I called and they came out the next day. They took the time to 're-install' the track location and realigned the chain drive so it was no longer binding. They did not stop there....they adjusted and tweaked everything so it would work smoothly. I had a second door that I do not use that often, they noticed that the track and head were not lined up properly, they took the time to put a bracket on it so it was better aligned. My car has a Homelink type opener located in the visor, they tried to calibrate/match it with the opener they fixed and could not get it to accept the codes....they made a point of coming back the next day to program it and make sure everything was working. They were polite, took the time to explain what they were doing and answered any questions I had. I would definitely use them again. Oh, I forgot to mention the price the charged for all the work they did was more than reasonable (it was so low I asked if they had made a mistake)!!
- Allegheny Overhead Door LLCThe price was almost half of what I found from a couple larger companies, like home depot and lowes. He came out and gave me some advice on what I should do and prep before installation, he was just friendly. The work was perfect.
- Thermodoor IncOwners and staff great, made my mother feel very comfortable and confident, and best of all she has a working (antique) garage door opener again. I would call them again in a heartbeat!
- Trinity Garage Door & AwningThe price was good. The quality appears to be good. Two workers came to do the repairs. They added a handle and a closing mechanism. The last crew that came by wasn't as professional as I'd like them to be. They seemed qualified, so they did a good job but one guy was not quite professional, just a little bit loud. They could be more discreet with the customers but they did a good job
- RAYNOR GARAGE DOORS-JOHNSTOWNI called them a little before noon and he was at my house by 4:30. He repaired everything to my satisfaction and the cost was very reasonable.
- HARTLEY'S GARAGE DOOR SVCHartley did excellent work installing our new opener and repaired the problems with our existing garage doors in no time at all. Would recommend using their service.
- A.B.Cook and SonExcellent! They were very quick to respond. Ordered exactly the door I wanted to put in, and as soon as it was in, they promptly did the installation. Love the new door, but even better, I love the fact that I found a contractor that called back quickly, and did excellent work.
Garage Door Companies in Altoona
- Business Description:We offer garage door installation & repair, home repair and improvements, lawn maintenance, snow removal. Free Estimates! Never lost a client because of quality work done. Saturday by appointments only. We serve Gratz, PA and all surrounding areasRecent Review:It was very professional. I liked the materials they used. They were really good. They took care of my concerns.Jerry G.
- Business Description:Looking for contractor who cares, call me...small business where the owner is hands on....Hire me to do your job you become my boss until job is complete and you are completly satified with the work...Thank YouRecent Review:Delays were due to pandemic and work stoppage - not contractor. Once my unit was ready they installed immediately and despite challenges of being a building built in 1858 he and his team got it done. I was instantly impressed with the unit and can't say enough about being worth the cost! I could use my deck all day - despite the hotter than usual summer - had privacy with added screen - and the remote makes opening and closing it 'magic'. I wanted the option of removing coverage in the colder months so I could watch sunsets from inside. I will say the ads for Sunsetters don't do them justice - the canvas models are better looking than the ads show. Keith was low pressure but informative about the options. Glad I made the call and had one installedKaren K.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes.Recent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:For many years I was a sub-contractor for a siding installation company. Over the years I began acquiring small jobs from relationships built during that time. I recently decided to venture out on my own and launched Haldeman’s Construction. Free estimates, licensed, insured, Over 17 years experience. Member of these reputable organizations are Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg Downtown Buy Local, Franklin County Landlord Association. Certifications & Licensing: Pennsylvania Atto..Recent Review:NOTHING happened, no one contacted us.gary b.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:I had a scheduled appointment from between 8 am and 5 pm. I drove 60 miles to be at a secondary residence for this repair. At 1:30 pm, after being told by out of the country call center that tech would be at my house between 2:30 and 3:30 pm, I received a text that my appointment was canceled because the technician was too busy, but could come tomorrow! I would never use this service again! Absolutely the worst! No repair and awful customer serviceCharlynn B.
- Business Description:Additional address - 613 RT 36 , Tionesta, PA 16353.Recent Review:unknownTeri W.
- Business Description:We are a home based business with 25 years experience installing and repairing garage doors and openers. We offer residential preventative maintenance service for as low as $35*. *Call for details. We also service homes and businesses in Indiana County and surrounding areas. If you are looking for parts, we can helpRecent Review:I thought they did a good job. I don't know I don't remember all of the details.Michelle K.
- Business Description:In Business Since 2018 M&M Management & Acquisitions Inc is dedicated to providing our customers with the best quality and craftsmanship. We are here to build relationships with our customers and communities and to provide our employees with a great place to work. We look forward to working with you! How We Got Started We started in this industry in 2018. We describe our business as Family owned and operated Community Involvement Local Food Pantry Donations Annual Donor Raffle Why did you ..
- Business Description:Phil Jackson Construction Services is an individually owned company, I have been in the construction business since 1988. I steer my business towards residential building, repairs and maintenance.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
Create more usable space by installing a garage door screen, which allows for entertaining or working with plenty of fresh air and zero bugs. Here’s how much installing a garage door screen will cost you.
If your garage door failed or broke, it’s likely time to replace the garage door spring. Learn how much it would cost you to repair or replace your garage door spring depending on the damage, the spring type, and the size of the garage door.
Find garage door companies in
garage door companies in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ADT First Choice Home Security 5302 East Dr
- Allegheny Overhead Door LLC208 Bell Ave
- ALTOONA DOOR CO6029 6TH AVE
- American Design and Build221 Gateway Dr
Bel Air, Maryland
- American Home Guard Home Warranty1515 Market St Ste 1200
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- ADT First Choice Home Security
- Epic Construction Services LLC654 Roadarmel Lane
- Epic Construction Services LLC
- Flaugh's Construction and DesignP.O. Box 94
East Freedom, Pennsylvania
- Flaugh's Construction and Design
- Garage Door Supply Co151 E Main St # 2
- Garage Door Supply Co
- Joseph Divittorio Construction1193 Saint Clair Road
- Joseph Divittorio Construction
- L&L Roofing & OverHead Doors822 Rte 580 Hwy
- Libby's Expert Door Installations17 Hackenburg Rd
- LJH Construction3015 Bigler Ave
Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania
- Lowry's Restoration Services2024 2nd street
- LR Roofing Systems, LLC1115 Salemville Rd
New Enterprise, Pennsylvania
- L&L Roofing & OverHead Doors