Morrison Heating and Cooling

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2006

9260 SE 74th Ave

Portland, OR 97206

Morrison Heating & Cooling provides full-service installation and repair services for all makes and models of HVAC equipment, including furnaces, air conditioning systems, heat pumps, water heaters (including tankless), electric air cleaning systems and thermostats. Serving residences and businesses in the Portland major metro area....

05/24/2021

Josh W.

This company prides itself on customer service? trusted? This company has shown itself to be liars and not live up to their word. I hired them almost 8 weeks ago to do a job today and they called me yesterday saying they would not be able to arrive due to a death in the family. They called today proposing to push my appointment to end of June. I asked why they could not move other appointments or reduce my cost for the inconvenience. They would not say. Furthermore, the scheduler and estimater both hung up on me from their phones. I was trying to understand (and I never yelled or used foul language) and they refused to discuss. They first told me Sunday that a death in the family caused it, then today it was a death and some material shortage, then they call back and say it isnt a material shortage, then they claim they told me that sunday they said there was a material shortage, then they say they apologize for hanging up and it has been a rough day and they will take internally how to address, then they call back and cancel my contract. They then state that I yelled and cussed at them, which was not true, and that they did not want to do business with me. Why would someone ever buy from a company like this, what horrible service

Description of Work
New install - Heat Pump with ductless system

04/26/2019

Kate F.

Wonderful service - our tech made me laugh - and was super knowledgable about the system. Gave good advice about the filters and maintenance. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
HVAC service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to taking care of all of your future heating and cooling needs!

11/29/2018

RICHARD D.

While the problem was clear (based on my prior troubleshooting - incorrect voltage on "common wire"), the cause of that problem was not. I shared what I had done and found out... this probably saved about 1/2 hour of troubleshooting. From that point it's completely feasible that the technician could have gotten lucky and found the source of the problem with the first thing he tried... but this was, unfortunately, not the case. This was not his fault - I too have to do a lot of troubleshooting in my profession and know that you always start with the simplest and/or easiest to test hypothesis, which is what he did. The truly unfortunate part in this is that I'm being charged an hourly rate (of course) during said troubleshooting. So... what could have taken 1 hour (with some luck) ended up taking 3 hours. My only complaint is cost... otherwise, I am very confident in the work that was done and that future work on my heat pump will probably be easier (and, perhaps, less necessary) for whomever is doing the work. The technician was friendly and very capable. Scheduling was easy... all-around good experience (other than the bill)... As for the cost... in my experience (and "shopping around") it is not uncommon for a company to waive their basic diagnostic fee (cost for them to show up) if you then hire them to do the repair (billed hourly, with a 1-hour minimum). This is not the case with Morrison - they charge the diagnostic fee ($100+, no labor/time included) on top of the hourly charge (for actual time worked). Luckily, they were willing to waive the diagnostic fee for me (because I asked them to) at the time of scheduling. Their hourly rate is not unreasonable/excessive - but it is among the higher rates I found when calling around (I think it was $149/hr). Then, because a few feet of wire and a few tools were needed for the work, there was a "truck charge" - another $40. All said-and-done, it was nearly $500 to get my thermostat installed (ouch!). Of course, this is because he had to figure out what was causing the incorrect voltage, and then had to run new wire from heat pump to thermostat (fairly quick/simple) and had to do a little re-wiring on the mainboard for the heat pump. Due to the work that was needed/done, I would have felt fine paying $250... maybe even $300... but $487?!? Anyway... like I said... other than the price, I feel like you can't go wrong with these guys - quality work, quality people. I can see where, although a relatively simply job in the end, my case may have been an anomaly - and pricing, while probably still a little higher than average, would be more reasonable for most work. I will usually choose to pay a little extra to get high quality help/repairs... so I will likely call them again if I find myself in need of HVAC work... but in hindsight, for this particular job, I would not have been willing to spend that much money for what was done/accomplished.

Description of Work
Install smart thermostat for central/ducted heat pump (re-wiring needed due to odd/incorrect original wiring)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of our services. Your review is thorough and mostly accurate. The Diagnostic/Trip charge is $98.00, not $100+. That charge covers: travel to your home. Fuel. Administrative costs (someone answered your phone call, spent time explaining "potential" charges, and scheduled your service call). That charge also covers a trained technician with a fully stocked van to show up at your home and "troubleshoot" (as you stated) if the thermostat you had previously purchased would even work with the equipment installed in your home. It is sincerely appreciated that you took notice of all details of our services: from scheduling to the actual work performed to the pricing. We take these reviews seriously! We feel confident our charges are comparable to industry standards and we strive to give excellent customer service at a fair price. We look forward to taking care of any heating or cooling needs you may have in the future!

10/05/2018

Albert S.

Excellent! Good service, good turn around time and good customer service.

Description of Work
They did a water heater installation.

Category water heater repair

09/17/2018

Karen R.

Good - did a combination of old heater and new ductless heat for 3000 sq foot house

Description of Work
new heating and air system installed for home

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the great review!

09/13/2018

Daniel N.

The same tech (Chris) could do both the inspection and the ventilation fan. The vent fan turned out to be more difficult due to the joists being wider apart than standard so Chris built a box and installed the fan, but the end cost remained true to the original quote. Chris did a great job and cleaned up.

Description of Work
HVAC inspection, replace bathroom ventilation fan

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you so much for the timely review of our services! I will let Chris know his hard work and effort is noticed and appreciated!

08/07/2018

Greg & Sommer D.

I can't say enough good things about the whole experience. They were on time and went above and beyond as well as being super personable. Love Love Love. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner & Furnace Tune Up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for the awesome review! We look forward to taking care of all your heating and cooling needs!

07/17/2018

Amy S.

It was great. Chris was fantastic - friendly, informative, knowledgeable. Janet, the office manager, was communicative and checked in as appropriate. Overall, a great team to work with.

Description of Work
My AC was not working.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services! I will pass along the compliments to Chris - it is always awesome to know that your work is being appreciated. We look forward to taking care of your heating and cooling needs in the future!

07/16/2018

Leslie A.

The whole process from estimates to installation went smooth. The entire team was professional and the service was outstanding. I was concerned it would take a long time once we got the estimate but they fit us in within two weeks. The installation took 1.5 days and we had two internal units installed one upstairs and one down. I recommend Morrison's for all your heating and cooling needs, I plan to use them for all mine!

Description of Work
Ductless heating and cooling installation (mini splits)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi Leslie!! Thank you for taking the time to review our services!! We appreciate the awesome review and we look forward to taking care of all of your future heating and cooling needs!

06/06/2018

Jody K.

From start to finish it was fine. The technician was very pleasant and funny - I enjoyed talking to him. He was professional and did his work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Tune up furnace and airconditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you for the great review of Chris' professionalism and our overall work! We look forward to taking care of all your heating and cooling needs!

06/01/2018

Claudia U.

They are very easy to work with and very polite. I have contacted them 3 years already because i feel comfortable with their work and they answer all the questions i have.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance on heating and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking time to review our company. We are happy to help keeping your HVAC system running properly.

05/17/2018

Elisabeth F.

Our AC needed some TLC before summer; looking for help I found the deal for full HVAC service offered by Morrison. They responded immediately when I bought the deal and were able to schedule me within about 10 days at a time I chose. They even gave me a specific appointment time rather than a window, which hardly anyone seems to do anymore! The service person was late but called to let me know. He was friendly but not too chatty and I was very happy with his work. I would definitely use Morrison again.

Description of Work
HVAC tuneup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you for the detailed review of our services!

05/16/2018

Anne G.

Great - very responsive and helpful. Knew their stuff! Replaced furnace and serviced A/C.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to helping you keep all the pets comfortable year round!!

05/08/2018

Juel T.

The technician Chris, thoroughly check out the parts for both my the gas furnace and A/C, to ensure both were running perfectly. He answered any questions I had regarding the process, also pointing out things like the proper way to clean the coils of the A/C unit. The way he conducted himself and the knowledge that he was thorough in what he did, gives me peace of mind. I wouldn't hesitate to call this company again, for any future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Gas Furnace and A/C tuneups

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the positive review! I will pass it along to Chris! Thank you for taking the time to leave a thorough and thoughtful review.

02/05/2018

JILL W.

Everyone at Morrison is so nice and professional. Eddie was the main contact for us and bid the job. He took the time to explain details of what he was proposing. Greg did the work and was a pleasure to have around the house for the 2 days it took to get it all done. Janet in the office was very helpful with all of the scheduling and paperwork etc. A+ team. We got 3 bids and Morrison was very competitive in pricing. THey were a little less that the other contender and were still able to include the whole return air vent for the attic room. We are very happy with everyone there and the work they did.

Description of Work
new furnace plus added central AC and return air venting in attic

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you for the awesome review - taking notice of all of our departments! We look forward to taking care of all of your heating and cooling needs!

01/16/2018

Katherine W.

This company is great! Office staff and service technician really responsive, reliable, and easy to deal with. I have used them for several years for minor problems and routine maintenance. This time I had a big problem - no heat at all. They worked their schedule around to get right out to me and fixed the problem that day. I am so grateful for that kind of service!

Description of Work
My furnace completely stopped working - in the middle of cold spell!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for reviewing our services so quickly and so positively! It is appreciated!

12/05/2017

David C.

not a real inspection, more of a sales call to try to sell large upgrades.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner inspection

11/17/2017

Seth K.

Tech was very friendly and professional. Did a tune-up of the furnace and A/C in mid-November. Just fired up my A/C for the first time now that it's hot, and it doesn't kick out any cold air. Their policy says parts and labor are guaranteed for a year, so I called them and asked to have someone come out to look at why their work didn't ensure a properly working unit. They said it'll be $95 just to come out and look at the unit. So much for a guarantee meaning anything. I'll be filing a BBB claim!

Description of Work
A/C and Furnace Tune Up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]- thank you for taking the time to give a thorough and honest review regarding your experience with our company! As I explained yesterday during our phone conversation, there is no guarantee that comes with a maintenance/tune up - no parts were replaced and no labor was charged for a repair; and that is why there is no guarantee. This company offers a genuine understanding that it is frustrating that seven months after a tune up, your air conditioner appears to require a repair. Please note that there is a $98 Diagnostic/Trip charge for all service calls (versus maintenance calls), not $95. We are sorry for any confusion you might have regarding repairs versus maintenance.

11/16/2017

Seth K.

Awesome work. Friendly tech. Thorough job at a great price with no surprises. Definitely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Tune up of furnace and A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the quick and awesome review!! It is truly appreciated!

11/07/2017

Jim C.

used the angles list coupon for a tuneup on furnace and AC. everything was done quickly, the AC was seriously in need of cleaning and it works much better now. Thanks

Description of Work
clean furnace and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the positive review! (And timely review!). We appreciate it and look forward to taking care of any heating and cooling needs you have.

09/28/2017

Ian B.

Everything went as planned with no issues.

Description of Work
Maintenance tune-up of furnace and cooling systems

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our services!

09/20/2017

susan U.

The technician was thorough, knowledgeable and polite. I feel reassured that my system will continue to run well in the coming year.

Description of Work
Heating and AC tune-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the timely, positive review of our technician's service. We look forward to taking care of any heating and cooling needs you have.

09/14/2017

saratha C.

Although the service was started late than scheduled... tune ups for both furnace heating system Nd cooling system were performed Nd feedback given in clear terms!

Description of Work
Purchased the deal and our system needed a check n tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review!

08/31/2017

Jan L.

Morrison Heating and Cooling did a fantastic job. We have used many contractors over the years and this was our best experience yet. Todd and his employees were all very pleasant and skilled. The quote was accurate, the work was done on time, and we got just what we asked for!

Description of Work
Add AC and heating to older home without vents.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed] - thank you so much for the awesome review. It was a pleasure working with you and completing your project! We look forward to taking care of all your heating and cooling needs.

08/31/2017

Tony and Katya W.

Service person was prompt, well informed about the system and service. Suggested thermostat update to maximize efficiency of running the system also, suggest a recommended filter that would best for the life of the unit.

Description of Work
Check over the HVAC system for necessary maintenance, condition of the system, and cleaning. Suggest any updates to the system itself or preventive measures the prolong the life of the system to maximize current HVAC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the positive review - we appreciate it!

BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning

Over 17,000 Home Owners Have Benefited From The BenchMark Healthy Home Cleaning System We Provide Proven Cleaning Services To FREE You From Housework Servitude…GUARANTEED. HOME OWNERS WHO FEEL FATIGUED, UNDERAPPRECIATED, DISRESPECTED AND MISUNDERSTOOD If you find your self the role of motivator, but rarely on the receiving end from those around you - and the anti-effort, anti-engaged rhetoric you encounter in the day to day wears you down-you’ll welcome a kind word from someone who really understands your daily experience and appreciates your contributions. What you’ll discover is that our team of experts and top members are the champions of the discreet person who faithfully keeps their home functioning, even as others barely notice it. If you find yourself having to “talk yourself out of a tree” fairly frequently, we get it! We know the conversations that you must have only with yourself. Now, probably for the first time in you home-ownership experience, you’ll step into place where there can be an open discussion, exchange of truth-based ideas and experiences, and energizing encouraging “virtual-visit” twice a month to discuss, gather and plan ideas for maintaining your home. Location phone contacts: Ph 1-Portland; (503) 635-2243 Vancouver; (360)696-4140 Lake Oswego/Tigard/Beaverton; (503) 653-5083 Milwaukie/West Linn/Clackamas County/Oregon City; (503) 262-8030 NE Portland/Gresham; (360) 687-2271 Battle Ground/Ridgefield/North County; (360) 253-7955 Camas/Washougal/Fisher's Landing. Award winning.

Offers by BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning on Angi
    J&M Services

J&M Air Duct Cleaning, Ventilation & Gas Piping Services is a specialty trade based company. We’ve been in business for nearly 10 years and specialize in Natural Gas & Propane installations and Air Duct Cleaning. Whether you are looking to have gas piping installed for your new fireplace, Range, BBQ, Dryer or other gas appliances, or just get a breath of fresh air within your home, J&M Air Duct Cleaning, Ventilation & Gas Piping Services is here to serve you.

Offers by J&M Services on Angi
    Pipeline Plumbing & Drains

Owner operated. Our motto is "Where Quality Meet's Integrity" and we really value giving great customer service. We pride ourselves on how well versed we are in the plumbing industry, being able to accommodate our clients with most plumbing issues or projects that come our way. We work very hard to keep our clients happy, making sure they feel we are working hard for them. We have an amazing group of plumbers with years of great experience. We stay very consistent with the level of quality work we provide, at the same time trying to keep our pricing affordable.

Offers by Pipeline Plumbing & Drains on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Install and repair: heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioning, ductless mini-split systems, in floor radiant heating, energy saving thermostats, HEPA air cleaners, HRV technology and hot water heaters (including tankless). We also provide design and installation of customized home climate-control and zoning systems.

Sorry, but we do not sell or service portable humidifiers or room air conditioners, or window units.