A & B Septic Service

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2007

101 41st Ave SE

Albany, OR 97322

Additional DBA Best Pots. Additional Address : Po Box 444 Albany, Or 97321. Additional Email - att.oandm@gmail.com...

07/19/2022

Cindy N.

Kayla in the office was amazing. She tried to get us in as fast as possible. Jose was a pro when he showed up. He gave us all our options for repairs needed and let us know we still had a plug in the system. This company is amazing and I have recommended them to everyone I know that has a septic tank.

Description of Work
Septic tank emptied

05/12/2017

Douglas B.

Excellent service and response from both office and field staff. Well run organization.

Description of Work
Septic pump $380.00 and line service $95.00

Category septic tank, sewer cleaning

11/30/2016

Pete H.

Initially, our lines appeared to be clogged. Starting with the easiest solution first, we called in the evening for a septic pump. They scheduled a time the very next day, and about a 1/2 hour out, the driver called to say he was coming. The driver pumped the tank and spent significant time checking to see why the toilets weren't flushing after the pumping. He directed my excavation and helped to discover a broken pipe. He called his office and explained specifically what was going on, and what they needed. He also helped identify what I could do with my backhoe to save money. He navigated our driveway with a very big truck - one of the only ones to do so without ripping it up. The next day, they juggled the schedule to send out technicians so that I wouldn't miss a late afternoon business meeting. They instructed me in the excavation of the remaining pipe in question and quickly repaired it. I know for a fact that one of the technicians had an important event to attend to, but instead, they didn't skip this last appointment even though they were running later than they'd expected. They did call to say so. I was very impressed, to say the least. We've used this company for years as they initially saved us about $2100 when Rescue Rooter was attempting to hold us for ransom. I would unequivocally say that they do what is in the customer's best interest - a rarity these days.

Description of Work
Septic pumping, line-unclogging, pipe replacement

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

09/27/2016

Lin A.

It went great and professional. Two polite workers were very thorough. They had the blockage fixed (collapsed cement exit pipe) in less than an hour.

Description of Work
Fix a badly draining septic system

02/26/2016

John F.

Description of Work
Pump my septic tank.

05/28/2015

Kirk B.

Good service. Office help seemed a bit testy but overall good help. Service rep was very helpful and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Pump septic tank.

01/06/2015

Robert M.

They know our system and that they specialize septic system and they're the only one licensed so we had to deal with them. They’re very professional and knowledgeable about their system so they were able to fix it. The pricing was also fair.

Description of Work
We went with A & B.

12/10/2014

Wilson D.

Very nice. Did not try to sell me anything I did not need. Did a good jop and cleaned up afterwords.

Description of Work
Pumped Septic

11/08/2014

Amy L.

Excellent serviceman. He was extremely knowledgable and helped us understand a and quot;new to usand quot; system. I didn't need the tank pumped yet, so he cleaned filter and gave us a timeline on future tank care. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Full tank and equipment inspection including alarm testing. Filter cleaned.

11/01/2014

Nina E.

Provider was knowledgeable and helpful. Seemed to resent being asked to locate and dig up opening to system. Arrived much later than expected, and when I called to find out ETA the receptionist sounded annoyed saying and quot;your appointment is for AFTER 10amand quot; - even though I was calling after noon. So a bit lacking on the professionalism, but the guy who was here was efficient and happy to answer our questions. We have only lived on a septic system for a few years and he gave us good advice about ongoing and future maintenance.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank. Located and dug up opening to system.

10/13/2014

Nancy B.

Diagnosed grey water overflowing sand filter; dug near grey water inlet to identify if there was a pipe leaking; no leak found. Burped sand filter by applying high pressure to lower collector which causes the air to bubble up to the surface, creating new water channels and allowing the filter to drain into the leach field. Hydro cleaned the top manifold which removes minor scum build up. Sand filter worked perfectly afterward the job was complete.

Description of Work
Diagnosed overflowing septic system sand filter and made operational.

06/04/2014

Lucky M.

Did not use this service provider, this one didn't return my call so I went with another septic service provider.

Description of Work
Never returned my call

Category sewer cleaning

05/02/2014

Jessica H.

He was very polite and the whole service went fast. He had the right equipment to snake the hose from the front of our home to the back as it is not easy maneuvering through our back yard.

Description of Work
It had been seventeen years since our septic had been pumped and we had no issues but we had them pump the system and they checked the valves as well. They built up a wall with a lid that fit so the septic tank would be easier to service in the future. He had trouble finding the system initially and he drew up a map to find it and with the lid it will be much easier to locate. He replaced the portion of the lawn so everything looked good.

04/28/2014

Wilson D.

All work was done in a professional manner. I was well satisfied.

Description of Work
Pumped Septic, Cleaned leaching lines, Installed Septic tank cover

01/04/2014

William G.

The backup was cleared and the job was completed. Professional service.

Description of Work
A & B arrived the same day I called. They came with a pumper and the associate assisted me with shoveling some heavy soil from the top of the septic tank. He stirred the sediment at the tank bottom, but he was unable to clean the entry line. This was due to his high pressure equipment being "winter serviced". A 2nd truck with a heavy duty snake was promptly dispatched for an additional service fee of $95.

Category excavators, septic tank

10/11/2013

jen and jason C.

We had an overflowing septic tank that we had just had pumped by another service 4 months ago. Decided to give A and B a call because they cover all service areas, drain cleaning, septic pumping, and work on septic lines, distribution boxes and drain fields. We weren't sure of the problem and were afraid that a fix was going to be pricey. Called on a Thursday pm, we were placed on the schedule for Monday because we only had overfow into our yard, not backup into our house. We were notified ahead of time that they would be heading out within the hour. Took the access lid off the septic tank, found the distribution box (we were not sure if there was one, this house was built in 1951), dug it up and opened it, and found that there was no flow at the D box. They ran a motorized snake backward into the septic tank from the D box and cleared the blockage. Voila! Blockage cleared and problem solved! They were prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and fast. Liked them so much that I arranged for them to come out and install a concrete riser on our septic tank lid to improve ease of access in the future. Again, I received a scheduling call from the office the next day and a reminder call just before his arrival, the riser was placed and he fixed some cracks in the concrete distribution box at the same time to prevent root entry in the future. He replaced all the dirt and left the area neat and clean. I will never need to call anyone else.

Description of Work
cleared a blockage between our septic tank and distribution box

09/20/2013

Morgan C.

They were helpful on the phone. They called before they came. He was honest and helpful and gave us all of our options.

Description of Work
Pumped our septic tank.

07/07/2013

Loretta H.

A&B Septic arrived in a timely manner. Went to work and installed the clean out. Installer was friendly, cheerful and professional. I will certainly call them if I need work done in the future.

Description of Work
Put in a new septic clean out.

06/19/2013

Lisanne P.

Standing water above our septic tank tipped us off that it was backed up. We got service within 6 hours of calling. The serviceman was polite, professional and even arrived looking neat and clean. He went straight to work and got the job done about as fast as anyone could have. We have no complaints. He charged us for the 1-1/2 hours it took him to locate and clear the clog in our system. We would use Aand B again.

Description of Work
Cleared clog in septic line. This involved hand-digging down to the septic tank and the distributor box to our drain field, then clearing clog that was between the two.

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

08/02/2011

Jonathan W.

Went great! They were fast to respond, found the problem, cleared it out, and charged a very reasonable price!

Description of Work
had septic system back up into house. A&B came out promptly and cleared roots in D boxes as well as leach field. treated leach field with root killer

04/02/2011

DAVID M.

The A and B responded very quickly. As I recall they were here the next day after I called. I explained that I had turned off the septic pump alarm in the house as it was trying to go all the time. He opened up the septic pump well and found that the wiring harness had become water soaked and was causing a short in the signaling line for the alarm system. The wires were re-dressed and put in new moisture protective sealant tubes and I should not have any more problems.

Description of Work
Septic pump alarm was not working correctly and required a visit from A & B for a look-see.

Category septic tank, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

08/27/2010

Joan B.

we had to disconnect 2 drain lines in the basement to get access to the line out side. Ran 110 ft of snake down to free up the drain.

Description of Work
had to unclog septic line full of roots

07/28/2009

Fred H.

Our septic pump alarm went off on Sunday morning. We examined the tank. Seeing the level higher than it should be, we were scared to flush. We pulled the pump and tried to examine why it quit working. We couldn't figure out all the wiring. We priced new pumps at Home Depot, Lowe's and Amazon.com. They all came in at about $250. We called Aand B Septice from the yellow pages. Their answering service promised someone would call right away. Rich returned our call in less than half an hour. He listened to the situation and said he could help us that night because he didn't have a 2 inch pump. He was nice enough to explain to us how to trouble shoot the pump to determine if the pump had gone out, or the switch had gone out. He told us to wire the pump directly. He offered to be at our house at 8AM after retrieving a pump. We wired the pump directly and determined it would not work. He showed up at about 8:45 Monday AM. We had determined the pump was toast, so he went to work to replace the old pump. He assembled the new pump, the switch and the discharge tube with back-check valve. He was done within an hour or two. He presented us a bill for $695 ($80 labor and $615 for the pump). He disposed of the old pump and tubing. We were impressed with is responsiveness and efficiency. We were not impressed with the price we were charged for the pump. We failed to ask for an estimate. We assumed the bill would be about $500 since the pump was available for $250. We should have asked.

Description of Work
Sewage pump was replaced. Old pump and tubing was disposed of.

01/28/2008

Lisa S.

I think if you are savvy and you know what you want, they'll do a good job. It depends on who you get. Some employees are more knowledgeable and skilled than others.

Description of Work
I had a plugged drain and they came out and did a poor job the first time. I tried to get back in touch with them and they never called me back. As a result, I had to call another company to do the job and they charged me $800.00 to fix the problem, which A & B caused. They came out another time and did fine.

Category drain cleaning

10/24/2007

Andy B.

Great! The appointment was on time (even early), work was professional, equipment was in very good condition, and the cost was well worth it to learn condition of the pipe and what to expect in future. This whole operation (snaking, then inspection) took about 2 hours. This company was recommended by my plumber and I am glad I asked for their advice on whom to call.

Description of Work
This company snaked out a 'slow' sewer pipe from my house to the street. Also, at my request, they then used a video-camera-snake to inspect the 70-feet of sewer pipe to see the condition of this 40-year-old pipe, and the cause of obstruction. The worker (he is the owner) also gave me the pipe's exact location by flagging it on the surface, and the depth at each flag. He did this using an electronic detector which 'talks' to the head of the video snake. I also got a VHS tape of the entire internal run!

Category sewer cleaning