Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Ithaca, NY
There are 9 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Ithaca
- Lord Glassworks and General ContractingMr. Loweth did **** of a great job. He was very professional, kept me informed of the progress, consulted me whenever decisions needed to be made, provided valuable advice, and carried out the work in the best possible way. Being a fantastic artist in another life, he had a sharp eye for detecting problems and creative ways for solving them. I found him to be extremely hardworking and he had great work ethics. The awesome part of having him do all these things was that he ended up doing far more than he had promised. I wasn't expecting all the things that he did to make my deck and porch look fantastic. In addition, he even fixed things that he saw needed small repairs without me even asking him to fix them at no extra charge. He paid attention to details and aesthetics. His work was of excellent quality. He is easily the best professional I have employed at my house. I highly recommend him. Super guy!!
- Crown Construction IncThe design and construction went very well. We were very pleased with the result. Crown Construction has done many projects for us over the years and we are always satisfied with their workmanship.
- Travers ConstructionI chose Travers over 3 other bidders because of his professionalism, prompt response, detailed bid, and patience in explaining the details of the job to this complete know-nothing. The job went off as scheduled, and in a timely fashion. Workers arrived every day on time and worked steadily until days end. They were courteous and quiet. No blaring radios or shouted swearwords. The roof has held up well throughout a really hard winter and looks beautiful. Unfortunately the dumpster company made a hash of my lawn when they came to remove the dumpster. But after several appeals to them for a fix and no response, R. Travers himself repaired the lawn. Very happy with this experience
- DRAKE CONSTRUCTIONActually, the job went well with the exception that Mr. Drakes father passed away during the job. These guys were good, it was hard to keep up with what they had done and what they were doing. We hired them for a specific reason (rain water was running down the sides of the house and into some windows). They did a fine job and were done in notime flat and no more water in the house
- Madison VinylI was completely satisfied with the replacement windows and all aspects of this job. I had received quotes from several companies and decided to go with Madison vinyl after talking with a few of their references and the fact that they manufacture their own windows. It was a pleasure dealing with them from start to finish. The crew did a fantastic job and were very professional and hard working. The Quality of their work was outstanding and I will have them back next year for more improvements to my home
- Travers ConstructionI was planning to use Wood-Tec company, when a neighbor suggested Rich. I got an estimate, and Rich gave me an estimate for a much better product that was within 1% of wood-tec's cost estimate. Rich made some suggestions for me (make walls 2x6 and space rafters right so it would be easier for me to insulate later) that I really appreciated. Rich worked with the local excavation guy to make sure the job was done right for me. He started a couple of weeks later than I had hoped, but he stuck with the job once he started. We waited a couple of weeks to complete past his estimate because of problems his supplier had getting all the metal roofing and insulated overhead door parts, which is quite understandable. When the inspector wanted hurricane clips on the rafters and I wanted a lockable knobs on the overhead doors, Rich didn't balk at all, but added these extras at no charge, completing them after he was paid. I trust Rich- very honest, professional and capable
- Hammond Jon BuilderHe built our house and has been available for any modifications, home repairs (very few needed because of excellent work that lasts), consultation on questions, etc. Recommend without reservation.
- Hammond Jon BuilderHe definitely takes pride in his work and is meticulous/conscientious. He is the best builder in my opinion. He takes his time to make sure it is done to his perfected standards.
- Keuka Construction CorpKeuka was fantastic to work with. We had a very, very difficult time finding anyone who was willing to tackle our window replacement job. We ordered the windows from Corning Building Company (CBC), who doesn't install them, so we had to find a separate business to handle the install. We went through several, who either balked at taking the job or gave us an exorbitantly high quote ($30,000) so they would be assured of not getting the job. The problem they didn't want to tackle was that the walls and windows of our house, circa 1914, are full of lead. With the new lead abatement rules, carpenters informed us that it wouldn't be cost effective for them to take the job. We went back to CBC and explained our predicament, and they assured us they'd find someone willing to install. They introduced us to Keuka, and we were very grateful. Working with Keuka and Mike Hogue was a pleasure. They assured us that by taking the windows out from the outside, next to no lead exposure would occur within the home, and they would ensure that all was done safely and within the guidelines. I wanted to donate the old windows to Significant Elements in Ithaca, so they made sure to save all the windows and put them aside for me. They did a great job with that, and not a single window was broken, and all relevant parts were retained. This job took about two weeks. All the workers checked in with us regularly, showed up at the times we'd discussed, cleaned up so the house and yard were immaculate each day, and were a pleasure to interact with when we were home. They were trustworthy and did quality work. Although some of the parts for the windows didn't arrive on time or weren't correct (a problem on the manufacturer's end, which was quickly and efficiently dealt with by CBC), and that required Keuka to come back twice (1 month after install and then, again, three months after install) to install the last few pieces of hardware and the screens, they did so without complaining and completed the work quickly and efficiently. Keuka communicated with us many times along the way, and we were thoroughly impressed with their work and their organization. We asked them to work for us again the next year because we were so pleased. We recommend them without hesitation
- Doane Builders, Inc.Very professional and experienced employees and Tim conducted himself professionally on all visits. Tim's experience was also evident in planning for the required work. It helped significantly that Tim was responsive in all emails as work was planned and progressed. Clean-up was done after all visits when work was done
House Builders in Ithaca
- Business Description:Additional contacts: Jeffrey Fredrickson, EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm, Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists; Certified Green Professional. Additional DBA - Crown Construction Properties LLC.Recent Review:Great! We had a specific brand of door we wanted and the Crown team was able to Get it for us and install. They were awesome guys with which to work, on time, clean, friendly but not "pesty", right on budget.Kathy C.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:During the estimation process, Mr. Miller had a number of suggestions which greatly improved both projects. The work was carried out in a prompt and professional way. Great attention to detail was made. Also, at the end of each day, the work area was cleaned completely. The results exceeded our expectations and we feel we got great value for our money. We highly recommend Mr. Miller's companyAlan S.
- Business Description:Since 2008 Allstate Roofing and More, LLC has served the exterior home improvement needs of thousands of customers across Rochester and upstate New York. We began as a residential and commercial roofing company but as demand for other services grew, we added the “and More” to our name. Today we are thrilled to be able to offer our customers roofs, gutters, siding, windows, doors, driveways, sunrooms, and awnings. We have always had one simple goal-to provide the best to our customers. The bes..Recent Review:We had AllState Roofing putting on a new roof. We went through our insurance. AllState Roofing (Luda Gladky) was amazing in their support and helping out with all the insurance stuff. Absolutely top notch. We filed a claim and Luda Gladky/AllState Roofing took care of the rest inspections/communications btwn insurance and us/planning the works. After all this it took them 3 days to do a full tear off and put a new one on. They did a good clean up around the house after the job. We can highly recommend this company and Luda Gladky and her crew to anyoneHenrick H.
- Business Description:We are based in Tompkins County in the beautiful Finger Lakes area where we provide a local, friendly, reliable and professional home inspection service. Matt has a proven track record of excellence, built up over 40 years in the building and construction business. He is a fully certified NYS Home inspector. Offering: Home inspections, Pre-listing inspections, Radon testing, Wood destroying insect testing, Water testing and Septic dye testing.Recent Review:Matt is an honest, thorough , and knowledgeable professional. He has had his own construction company for over 30 years. He know when things are done right. I highly recommend his services as a home inspector.Marie K.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens
- Business Description:We are actually new home builders but we specialize in excavation. Our strength is that we understand all aspects of the construction process and have a team of subcontractors including city licensed plumbers if needed. We are not newcomers to the industry, in fact our team of 5 has over 135 years of combined experience
- Business Description:24hr emergency Service, board up from fire and wind damage, basement and attic cleanouts, also apartment cleanouts, fire damage cleanups, water damage cleanups, home and office cleanups, rough and finished carpentry, all phases of sheet rock and taping, all phases of priming in painting interior and exterior, flat roofs and shingles repairs and replacing, gutter repairs and replacements, residential and commercial door repairs and replacements with servicing, window replacements and capping, ..Recent Review:I left a voicemail with Michael on Monday afternoon regarding a few missing shingles on one side of my house. He returned my call promptly (within a few hours) and offered to come out and assess the roof on Tuesday morning. He arrived on time and gave my wife the estimate. He said he could complete the work Wednesday if we wanted to go ahead with it. I called him Tuesday afternoon to confirm and we discussed what materials I had available for the job and he offered to bring some extra matching shingles he had as well in case I did not have enough on hand to complete the job. He did use some of his own materials, but did not increase the price from his quote. He completed the work on Wednesday morning as promised. <br /> A few of the original shingles which had blown off the south side of my house were stuck in the gutter on the north side of the house. He also cleaned the old shingles out of the gutter on the opposite side of the house from where he was working. While working, he carried a digital camera and took photos of his work to review with my wife and I upon completion. <br /> While working, he also noticed the flashing separating from the chimney and took photos for us. I had not been up on my roof, so I was not aware of the problem, but Michael assessed it realistically and offered me two options for fixing the problem. I plan on hiring him again for this work. <br /> Michael will perform a wide range of repairs (just about anything but plumbing and electrical, he has other contractors he recommends for those services) and I plan to use him as my first call for repairs I have questions on. <br /> Michael's prices are very reasonable and realistic. I called several bigger roofing and construction companies for quotes on this work, and some would have charged me $250 just to go up on my roof, plus time and materials on top of that. Michael competed the whole job for $60 and did a good job. I will be calling him for more work in the future and would happily recommend him to anybody else. <br /Dan G.
- Business Description:Water in your basement? Cracks in your foundation? Leaky foundation walls? Call Woodford - we can help! Woodford Bros., Inc. specializes in basement waterproofing, foundation repair, concrete leveling, Barn Restoration, and radon mitigation. Founded in 1962, Woodford's original focus was foundation and barns. Now, we do basement waterproofing, concrete leveling, radon mitigation, and basement finishing. That's why Tom and Mike got the name "Basement Brothers." Honesty and hard work are at ..Recent Review:They addressed and solved the problem completely. I'm totally thrilled to be able to recommend them. They're very very good, professional, polite, and addressed my wife as ma'm. They are more expensive BUT their work is superb. I have a written guarantee and the gang that they sent, without exception, were great. I'm totally thrilled and I've never given anyone a thumbs up to the that degree. Everything was as promised and as delivered and that is a rare thing to say these daysWes B.
- Business Description:MCE construction specializes in complete turn key construction and everything in between. we can build your dream home and also help maintain your current home to protect your investment. We are committed to customer excellence and are proud of our top notch quality. home maintenance, remodeling, and new construction is our specialties but we can help with any project you have in mind. give us a call at 315-370-0612 for free estimates
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Previous piering companies had tried and failed to solve our sinking foundation problem with undersized piers. After researching available options and getting quotes from a few companies, we chose Expert House Movers to excavate around our foundation, install custom made piers to support the weight of our house (full masonry, stone foundation, slate roof and terazzo floos) and spray a rubberized coating on the below ground portion of our foundation to stop future water penetrations in our stone foundation. They showed up promptly, performed the necessary work in a timely matter and were careful of the landscaping we wanted to keep. The job itself took longer than anticipated mostly due to additional work needed once the foundation was exposed (tuckpointing, new window wells, etc). There was minor damage to the sprinkler system and the water service line, but we were compensated for the damage by EHM. My only complaint was the amount of old drainage pipes and broken concrete that was left on site during the work and not removed until the end of the job. <br /PERRON R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Ithaca
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Crown Construction Inc176 Cortland Rd
Dryden, New York 13053
- Crown Construction Inc
- Eco Electrical Contractors LLC829 Ringwood Rd
Ithaca, New York 14850
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Ettel Restoration and Remodeling351 Ed Hill Rd
Freeville, New York 13068
- Eco Electrical Contractors LLC
- Griffin Construction - NYS IncPO BOX 307
Cohocton, New York 14826
- Griffin Construction - NYS Inc
- IQS CONSTRUCTION392 CODDINGTON RD
Ithaca, New York 14850
- IQS CONSTRUCTION
- Lord Glassworks and General Contracting427 S Titus Ave
Ithaca, New York 14850
- Lord Glassworks and General Contracting
- ORION REMODELING INC81 Shaffer Rd
Newfield, New York 14867
- ORION REMODELING INC
- RJC Electric2833 Elmira Rd
Newfield, New York 14867
- RJC Electric
- SB Construction56 Bert Little Rd
Lowman, New York 14861
- Severance Construction38 Forest Rd
Massena, New York 13662
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York 14903
- Sovereign BuildersPO Box 4945
Ithaca, New York 14852
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Sunny Brook Builders2147 Slaterville Rd
Ithaca, New York 14850
- SB Construction
- Three Brothers Roofing3689 Main St
Warrensburg, New York 12885
- Three Brothers Roofing
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement245 Flint Ave 101
Corning, New York 14830
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement
- Woodford Bros Inc6500 RT-80
Apulia Station, New York 13020
- Woodford Bros Inc