Should you use oil paint or acrylics for your wood painting project? Whether it’s for a deck, furniture, or any exterior wooden surface, there are pros and cons for each option. We’ve got the low-down on oil vs. acrylic paint right here.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in Downsville, NY
There are 5 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in Downsville
- Southern District Contracting ServicesThis group were eager, friendly,efficient,and persistent. Work was well done and completed to my satisfaction
- Mr. Inside Out Home Inspection ServicesThe inspection went wonderfully. Lucky for us the house we are about to close on was in very good shape. More importantly I learned many tips to look out for in the house about the roof, forced heat unit, radon mitigation system, electric box........ It took him longer to do his job because he was going into details with me about possible future issues. My husband had to work so I was very nervous and had a notebook to take notes for my husband. As it turned out, I did not need to. Dennis wrote all of it in his report, very thorough. As far as the mold issue, he was at my house 2 days following my call to him. He was early, as usual, and took the sample. I had 2 estimates for remediation (removing the mold safely, according to NY state rules) that were extremely high. He has several contacts in his line of work and was able to get me a mold remediation company that will do the work for half the money. There are not enough words to express how highly satisfied I am with Mr. Inside Out. As a side bar, he is also a very pleasurable person to talk with who has many life experiences to lend to his current work experiences. In his words, "it is not what you know it is who you know"
- Jon SpauldingWe love it! The detail around the hearth and log staircase is perfect! We couldn’t be more happy with the end result.
- Bob the BuilderRobert built a dect for me. He did a great job. The crew built it fast and the price was very reasonable. Couldnt of ask for a better guy to do the job and get it done right! I would definitely hire him for my next project!
- JTC Remodeling IncJohn and Dale were very hard working and extremely conscientious. My deck design was more complicated than a typical deck, and they were able to meet the challenge very successfully. They were always prompt and would keep me posted if there were any changes with there schedule. I was particularly impressed with the fact they purchased the lumber as needed and took the time to hand select all the lumber to find the best quality boards. And rather than using a board that did not meet their standard, even after being purchased and on site, they routinely returned wood for replacement. They provided high quality work and were always concerned about meeting my expectation as a customer
- Marshall Exteriors LLCI cannot say enough about our experience with Marshalls - it was truly exceptional. They replaced our deck and put in a door in place of windows. The workers are outstanding and extremely respectable - not to mention enjoyable and personable. The company did everything they initially said that they would do - and then some. Their communication was excellent and the overall experience was wonderful. When they say that they will treat your home as their own, they mean it. A truly superior experience
- Maple City Contracting CoWhen my husband and I purchased a retirement home in New York, we had no idea how to go about finding the right person to do our remodel, especially since we lived in another state. Luckily, my husband found Larry Becker of Maple City Contracting on Angie's list after a bad encounter with a shyster for lack of a better word. Mr. Becker is a highly honest, knowledgeable, and excellent contractor. Not only that, but he actually communicates with his clients. Communication for us was key; we knew the work was going to be extensive and that we couldn't do it all at once, but Mr. Becker worked us into his busy schedule and responded to every one of our emails, and believe me, we sent a lot. For all these reasons and more, we found Larry's professionalism to be off the charts. He is someone you can definitely trust. Furthermore, he and his crew do outstanding work. The craftsmanship is laudable and meticulous. Being a lover of HGTV, I had many ideas and wanted things done right. After all, we were paying for a contractor's expertise, so that's what we expected, and with Maple City Contracting, that's exactly what we got. I could go on and on about how awesome are experience was and still is with our contractor as we approach the final stages of our remodel, but I'd rather just end by saying that everyone who has seen the interior of our house, admires the carpentry and wants the name of our contractor. Mr. Becker and his team's work speak for itself. I'd give him three thumbs up, but I only have two
- Superior Exteriors of the Finger LakesSuperior Exteriors saved my front porch. My house came with a front porch addition that had started to sag away from the house. I asked Kim if it could be saved. Her crew dug out all of the supports, replaced them and shored up the porch against the house again. Superior also replaced my roof. It required a complete tear off with 3 layers of shingles on it. I was happy with the price for the amount of work involved. Plus pleasantly surprised at how well the crew cleaned up after they where done. I originally contacted Superior because it is a woman owned business. I was pleasantly surprised in her competitive pricing backed up by excellent work. Whenever I need work done to my house inside or out Superior is who I call
- Sunset Roofing LLCExcellent work! They did everything as promised and we're very professional. I would recommend them to everyone. Great work!
- Sunset Roofing LLCThe roofing team arrived early Monday morning and work tirelessly from 8:00AM to 7:30PM. The work was done efficiently and they were polite. They finish most of the job in one day. A smaller team came the next day and finished the work. A small shed, that was not included in the work proposal was also re-roofed. The company absorbed the mistake, which was beyond professional. They also took down an old tv antennae that had been up on the roof for decades! The extra work was terrific. Thank you to Sunset Roofing! Also when I was getting estimates for this job, they were the only business that told me that I could file an insurance claim for some wind damage that was found. Again thank you
Deck Companies in Downsville
- Business Description:Bob the Builder is a fully licensed and insured construction company, with experience in both residential and commercial construction, as well as all stages of construction from ground clearing to finishing. No job is too big or small! We specialize in roofing, decks, siding, flooring, machine work, demolitions, renovations and more! We are highly recommend and extremely affordableRecent Review:Recommendation from Angie's List, blew me off for two estimate appointments, his response: 'If you want a good carpenter being busy is something you are going to deal with. If they aren't busy they probably are not good". Why is this guy in Angie's List??Benjamin S.
- Business Description:Locally owned construction and landscaping company, we do quality work and insured. Free estimates.
- Business Description:Established in 1994, Max Parangi Architects P.C. provides complete Architecture, Interior Design, Planning & Landscape Architecture services. When Max Parangi Architects first opened its doors in New York as a "boutique" architectural firm, the goal was to develop and maintain the highest design standards as reflected by the Company’s motto: "Architecture of Distinction.” After two decades of expansion and the establishment of a second office in New Jersey, the firm’s vision and philosophy of..Recent Review:Max is a terrific architect. Like many people during this quarantine, I’m thinking about building a deck for my yard. I’ve interviewed many architects and Max was by far the most responsive, thorough and patient architect. During the interviewing process, Max was the only architect who took the time to understand my project and provided advice. He also looked up my town’s code and informed me of my options. When looking for a surveyor, he took the time to speak w/ them and explain the request. I would highly recommend MaxGerald T.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are uniquely designed and custom-sized screen porch windows made to fit existing openings without expensive re-framing. They are also ideal for new construction. It’s easy to enclose your outdoor spaces. Versatile, rugged and attractive, they’re also a snap to operate. Open, they let the breeze in, closed they provide protection for rain, snow, wind, dust and the summer sun. Light weight, but heavy duty. Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are constructed of ..Recent Review:It went perfectly. I called and spoke to the office immediately. They came out the next day on a Sunday prepared to give an estimate and complete the job. Everything is done. They performed quality work with quality products, very professional, clean-cut, honest, efficient, fair price. We are very happy and highly recommend themMichele I.
- Business Description:Woodchips Construction Inc. is all about flexibility, innovation and above all, results. Our team of experienced builders and dynamic designers will focus on your precise wishes to deliver cost-effective solutions to any project. Whether it's a dream house or commercial project, Woodchips Construction Inc. has the skill, expertise and talent to exceed your expectations. Woodchips Construction Inc. seeks to retain only the best talent in the industry. With our dynamic engineers, designers, ..Recent Review:He provided a professional and timely estimate.Renee L.
- Business Description:For more than 10 years, Logan Balla has been working hard at making things work! Whether you need something fixed, replaced, installed, maintained, updated, or fully renovated, Owryen Interiors strives to exceed your expectations. Owryen Interiors is a husband and wife team that has been doing business in this area since 2004. I choose to work in this industry because I love to see a finished product that I can be proud ofRecent Review:At first, Logan appeared to be very dependable and timely. It took him a while to get back to us with a start date, but that part was okay as he was very busy. It was soon after he got started in which he began showing up later and later each day, leaving early each day, or not showing certain days with only a text message later in the afternoon stating he wasn't feeling well. He then text us and asked for more money as the project was "taking longer" than anticipated and was also "harder" than originally anticipated. Texting for more money is only slightly unprofessional, right? As he was nearing the end of his time in our home, I was looking through the work and began to notice paint all over the edges of my tile floors, on my wooden floors upstairs, and on my bathroom floor which wasn't even a room being painted by him. There is also paint in the carpet going up my stairs and under my railings. There was paint that was left in my bathtub from him rinsing his materials (which is fine, just clean up after yourself is all I ask). The paint has been chipping off of my molding and my stairs, the wall has cracked where he "repaired" and the work has to be re-done. Now, 3-4 months later, we have since hired another contractor and are paying additional money to correct Logan Balla's errors in our home. Professional and quality work is truly lacking in the area in which we paid Logan to repair within our home. This work is truly disappointing and I would highly suggest looking into another contractor if you have work to be done like mineTyler Y.
- Business Description:40 years in business & New York’s largest family-owned and operated Home Improvement contracting company! We offer our customers in the Otsego, Chenango, Delaware, Broome and Schoharie counties, the best value and peace of mind that only a long-established and experienced company can offer. From your home’s roofing replacement needs, new and efficient windows or doors, energy conservation improvements like insulation or high-R vinyl siding, remodeling your bathroom, and even building you a be..Recent Review:We used The Powell Company for several jobs on our house near Oneonta before realizing our mistake, so we have the experience to warn others. First, this company makes some very stupid “mistakes”. For example, they put a downspout directly over an electrical outlet, and they replaced items on our house that were NOT the rotted ones. We had to call them back to move the downspout so it wouldn’t block the outlet, and to replace the correct items; they got angry and blamed US for cutting into their profit because doing the work the right way would cost them money. Second, they cut corners or use cheap materials despite the impact on their customers; for example, they used plastic gutter brackets that broke in a season instead of metal ones that hold up year after year. Third, good builders try to think ahead and account for contingencies in a project in advance and fairly, but in our experience Powell didn’t use its imagination because it just put all risk of an unknown or cost overrun on us. This can result in large avoidable and unnecessary costs for the homeowner. Third, being lawyers, we recognized that proposals Powell gave us, which become binding contracts once signed, were, in our opinion, unfairly one-sided — they protected only Powell in any contingency that arose during their work and if any litigation came from the contract. We tried to change this to protect ourselves too, but could not. We have found other builders who are fairer from the get-go, or who will promptly agree to changes to lopsided proposals, and such an attitude speaks volumes. Last, but certainly not least, we foolishly didn’t get other bids for a few jobs that Powell did. When we wised up, we found that Powell cost 2-4 times what other builders did for the jobs we were doing. Bottom line — we caution anyone considering using The Powell CompanyLaurie B.
- Business Description:three employees no subcontracting pay at time of serviceRecent Review:We had them come for a free estimate there and when they came to look at a job we want done they said 1,725.00 that's to high price for what we were looking for another guy came aid only 800 but does not have a lift fasso tree service reached out to us on Facebook said contact them they want the business but poorly gave us a high price there one worker told me to contact them and then that's when we found out it was sky rocket they wanteMax P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
Recessed lighting costs are determined by numerous factors like the type of light fixtures, style of ceiling, and whether or not you hire a pro to help. Prices range from high to low, so there’s sure to be an option that fits your needs and budgets.
New or old, no house is immune to problems with squeaky floors. If you wake up whenever someone stands on a floorboard or loose subfloor, you can take steps to eliminate the problem. Follow these tips to learn how to silence a squeaking floor.
Find deck & porch contractors in
- Livingston Manor
- Swan Lake
deck & porch contractors in Downsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B.H. Decker, Inc.PO Box 161
Delhi, New York
- Bap Architectural Svc2142 Marshland Rd
Apalachin, New York
- BEST PRICE HOME BUILDERS133 CLIFF ST
Middleburgh, New York
- Blaine's Construction438 Monson rd.
Edmeston, New York
- Bruce The Handyman10906 Co. Hwy 18
South Kortright, New York
- Bulldog BuildingPO Box 608
Windham, New York
- B.H. Decker, Inc.
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY1007 PARK AVE
Utica, New York
- CATSKILL VACATION HOME BUILDER5023 MAIN ST
South Fallsburg, New York
- CBC Construction20 Whitetail Crossing
Livingston Manor, New York
- Christian Brothers Construction31 Main Street, Suite 5
Oneonta, New York
- CLD Custom Carpentry169 stone mill rd
Hudson, New York
- Countrymen Contracting118 Washington Ave
Cobleskill, New York
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- Davis Home Repair12755 State Highway 357
Franklin, New York
- dba Bob Decker60 Browns Road
Livingston Manor, New York
- DEAN'S CONTRACTING SERVICES1259 HUGHES RD WWW.DEANSCONTRACTINGSERVICE.COM
Fultonville, New York
- Dependable Home ServicesPo box 23
Flycreek, New York
- Dig-It Construction & Landscaping21 Hazard Pkwy
Albion, New York
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Double O Builders L.L.C.1130 Clinton Rd.
Fort Plain, New York
- Duncan Enterprises231 Shady Tree Ln
Cobleskill, New York
- Davis Home Repair
- Fasso tree service9802 pt peter rd
Gowanda, New York
- Fasso tree service
- Magnolia Outdoor Living3522 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. Box 162
- MAX PARANGI ARCHITECTS399 Knollwood Road Suite 114
White Plains, New York
- MB Construction168 Buckwheat Bridge rd
Germantown, New York
- McGarvey Construction23 East Main Street
Arcade, New York
- Merritt Painting111 Merritt Ln.
Newburgh, New York
- Mikalunas Builders LLC7553 State Highway 12
Sherburne, New York
- mmccoy construction26 Leatherstocking St
Cooperstown, New York
- Mulder Home Improvements964 Cold Spring Rd
ROXBURY, New York
- Murphys MasonryLake Rd and Emma St.
- Magnolia Outdoor Living
- Off Campus, Inc.143 Main Street
Delhi, New York
- Off Campus, Inc.
- R & W Painting And Remodeling9663 Rt, 53
Prattsburgh, New York
- RAC Engineering PC658 Oliver Street
NORTH TONAWANDA, New York
- rapasadi fence co2106 Lake Rd
Oneida, New York
- richard mix constuction6176 oatka rd po.box 306
Perry, New York
- Rick Schumacher85 Bowers Rd
Rock Hill, New York
- Ricky Parker Construction LLC301 South Bay Rd
Clemons, New York
- R & W Painting And Remodeling
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- Scott Wood Contracting393 CR 25
New Berlin, New York
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SPH Services LLC100 Stone Ridge Rd
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
- Steelrain Construction and Restoration115 Co Hwy 29
Davenport, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STRAIT LINE ROOFING & SIDING2653 STATE ROUTE 55
White Lake, New York
- Sullivan Builders Inc57 Snow Hill Rd
Parksville, New York
- Sarna Construction
- Upstate Increte2705 Lyons Road
Geneva, New York
- Upstate Increte
- varasteh industriesP.O. box 283
South Cairo, New York
- varasteh industries
- Zimmerman Contracting LLC693 Beam Rd
Dundee, New York
- Zimmerman Contracting LLC