Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Boonville, NY
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Boonville
- The Wright BuildersThese guys were fantastic! On time and on point. We had one deck that needed a complete overhaul, and another that we wanted extended. Start to finish, no issues. Took 6 days, with Eric doing most of the heavy lifting. We could not be happier with the result.
- J TechReceived a quote from Jeff in April which was much more reasonable than any other quote I got. It took him a while to return my phone call, but once he started work in June he was at my house every day including some Saturdays and Sundays. He was easy to talk to and took any changes I made in stride. He only took a few days off to do a smaller job here and there which is understandable considering the large size of this job. He obviously knows what he is doing and everything he completed is really great. I was impressed with his attention to detail. My house looks like brand new and I am thrilled with the completed product. Will definitely call Jeff for any other work I need done read less
- J TechExcellent! He is VERY fast and effecient. My wife and I are extremely pleased with his work. We will be recommending him to everyone we know!
- T-Square Custom Remodeling and framingThe first time T-Square did work in my home was about 3 years ago. He showed up with his guys prepped the area where they were going to work. covered everything with plastic and started working. Although we had already signed an agreement They worked an entire day before he came to me for the down payment we had agreed on. The only days they did not show up were days that he advised me in advance that for some reason or other they would not be there that day. I was comfortable with that. When the job was done. I felt like I had cheated them. They went way beyond the call of duty to make sure I was happy and I can be pretty annoying when I'm not happy. I don't remember a lot of the other details but I am still enjoying my sun room today. He has gotten a little more busy I guess since then. It's harder to get him and his prices have increased but I'm always satisfied with the work read less
- GXR ConstructionIt went very well. This is very HOT work at this time of year and I recommend this company for being diligent and mindful of getting the job done on time. Our home is far more pleasing to the eye than before and we are looking forward to far less snow/ice buildup t!his winter! I would and will have this gentleman back to do more work in the future and recommend him highly! http://us.mc1126.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?fid=Inbox&mid=1_1820508_AMEbiWIAAU%2BsTjgvQwGzGy0NSsA&pSize=25&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&filterBy=&.rand=1267438202&acrumb=FtZLYHj3eKQ&pre=1&cind=368&enc=auto&cmd=msg.scan&pid=2&tnef=&fn=IMG-20110620-00016.jp read less
- Adams ConstructionExemplary! Adams construction was prompt and the quality of workmanship is excellent! Everything was clean where work was done. I love using my new entrance way to my patio several times a day. Adams Construction is so reliable and concerned about giving their customer the highest quality of work that I am going to have them put a new roof on my home read less
- HM Quality Carpentry and Handyman Servicescontractor was pleasant on initial visit. he was going to return in a week to fix a toilet issue and with quotes for other projects. i never heard from him again. a curtasey call to say he couldn't , wouldn't, or just didn't want to do the job would have been appreciated. not professional at all.
- T-Square Custom Remodeling and framingT was an absolute nightmare. we received a time estimate of two weeks, no more than three. it's been three months and the work is still not finished. our house was left an absolute mess for months with nails in the yard and deck, unsafe stairs for weeks, and no one cleaning up after themselves. trash and cigarettes have littered our yard. we are on the third time of him attempting to finish work correctly and the job still can't be completed. the dishwasher was installed incorrectly causing our basement to flood where we now have mold. no less than 15 times they have said " we will be there today to work!" and then have just not shown up, sometimes disappearing for weeks at a time. we now have to attempt to collect a partial refund through the court system. T is a smooth talker, friendly, and a great personality.....we trusted him. but he completely betrayed that trust with a horrible work ethic, unsafe working conditions, and unsatisfactory work across everything they've touched. I've never left a bad review somewhere, and was very hesitant to do so, as I know this can effect his livelihood. but I would hate for someone to go through this same experience when using a contractor read less
- C & G CONSTRUCTION COMPANYSeemed professional and said he would call us the following Wed. but to call him if he had not called to remind. Called 5 times, left messages and never responded back. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!
- Randall's RenovationsI had contracted with Shannon to put a new steel roof on my garage of my summer house. He started the work, would work periodically and then not show up for weeks. It took over 5 months and in the end, he left the job unfinished. At first when I would call, he would promise to come up and finish it. But then he stopped returning my calls. He left a pile of old shingles on my lawn and garbage in my garage. I had to pay someone else to come and finish the work and the second contractor said that Shannon did shoddy work. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY KIND OF WORK. I understand he did something similar to a friend as well read less
Contractors in Boonville
- Business Description:With over 25 years of experience, I specialize in smaller handyman jobs to full home remodels as well as custom carpentry. We also offer pressure washing services, painting, and deck building & repairs. Our motto is “Where Quality Counts” because we believe the job should be done right the first time. Please contact me at 3156173388 and mention Angie's List when scheduling read lessRecent Review:The job went well. Heath gave me a very reasonable estimate for getting the work done (including the new door), and let me know it would be a couple of weeks for them to get to it, as they had a couple other jobs that needed to be completed first. That seems to be pretty normal based on the other contractors I contacted for estimates. True to his word, Heath scheduled my job within about 2 weeks, and got it done in one day. He worked with me prior to that to figure out what kind of door I wanted, and the color I wanted it painted. So the door had been purchased and painted and was ready for installation by the time they came to do the job. The job was completed and came out just as I'd hoped, and the end cost of the job was exactly what Heath had given me as an estimate. I have been looking for a competent, trustworthy handyman/carpenter, and Heath fits the bill. I anticipate calling him again in the future for other handyman and carpentry jobs read lessCarrie P.
- Business Description:General ContractorRecent Review:The work done was excellent. Workers were friendly and professional. We got frequent updates with status and next steps. We will be hiring for future work as well!Erin M.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Dependable. Honest. Reputable. We are a veteran-owned small business serving Central New York, operated by a personable, professional and quality-driven contractor. Jim Simpson Contracting accepts cash, checks and all major credit cards read lessRecent Review:Was too far out of their area but gave me some references. Felt this was good customer service overall.Sean D.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated. The Wright Family Group LLCRecent Review:Hired Eric for many jobs. Was pleased with his work and have more but he doesn't take or return calls anymore and seems to have no interest in making good on two repairs that he performed that developed problems shortly after. He was always paid and there were no issues working together and his wife was even cleaning for us until the pandemic began and we obviously couldn't ask her to come under those circumstances. When I called him a month ago he had an employee call us back who told us he was sick and now I see on here that he has actually been working. Why couldn't you call Eric? What happened that you cannot even work with us to fix minor things that are having issues since your repairs? After the amount of business we have given you without issue, this is rather disappointing behavior and now I have to pay someone else to fix your work and you have chosen to throw away a good client? If you had a problem you could have just said so read lessDebbie M.
- Business Description:We specialize in residential and light commercial repairs, renovations, remodeling, and restorations. I am capable of any project or repair around the home, garage, or farm. My limited overhead keeps my rates down. My services are available at a fraction of the cost of a traditional contractor. Trust me, I know! My brother runs a traditional construction company. He and his crew are available to me for those bigger jobs where extra hands make sense and will help me finish your project q.. read less
- Business Description:Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after hours service. May contact through email.Recent Review:Excellent! We had a pipe break after a winter storm and remodeled our house long distance from Florida. We were driving up to see the to see the near completed work and stay at our house. We needed our toilet installed, vanity installed and shower drain and nozzle hooked up. Jeff from JTECH arrived at the house at the appointment time and called us to let him in so he could do the work. We asked Jeff to please go right in , find the toilet, vanity and shower drain parts and to please install as we were on our way. Everything was installed perfectly. We also used JTECH to install our wall mounted microwave, dishwasher, bathroom light and storm door. All to our satisfaction. We would definitely hire Jeff from JTECH again read lessAnn S.
- Business Description:Full service residential construction company.
- Business Description:Rocky Cobb Construction ensures customer satisfaction and quality assurance.Recent Review:It went smooth and professional. He did a quick consultation and estimate the day after I called. The work was completed the following week. <br />Lisa V.
- Business Description:Established in 1984 ,Contractor, Fully insured New York State, References gladly offered, Lead Certified Firm, Our company follows all lead safe laws and labor laws Sunday-by appointment only, Please visit my web-site christopher-marlowe.co read lessRecent Review:We were in need of building a space to accommodate a family member who moved in. I am pleased that we chose Christopher Marlowe. <br /> This contractor is very professional. Estimates are given in writing. Payments are recorded efficiently. His drawings for permits are excellent. Additionally, he was attentive to our needs and requests. We noticed that he was a very hard worker with very high standards for quality work. <br /> He handled this big job easily. The Addition required a cement foundation, framing, electric, heating, windows, fencing, roofing, flooring, plumbing, siding and painting. There are not many contractors who can do all of these tasks well. <br /> I would recommend him to anyone. <br /> <br /> <br / read lessJoan E.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Port Leyden
- Lyons Falls
- Lee Center
- Holland Patent
general contractors in Boonville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- J Tech910 Utica St
Oriskany, New York
- J.R.S. Builders862 Higby Rd
New Hartford, New York
- JCS Construction LLC3 Prospect St
Utica, New York
- Jewett Brothers Home Imprvmnts9917 Morgan Rd
Marcy, New York
- Jim Simpson Contracting7263 Ritchie Road
Stittville, New York
- JLS Construction10646 Wolcott Hill Road
Camden, New York
- Johnston's Home Improvement18 philip st
Ilion, New York
- JOSEPH PRIORE CONSTRUCTION CO316 ONTARIO ST
Utica, New York
- JS Eggan Construction11653 State Rt. 46
Boonville, New York
- J Tech
- Kalex Energy, Co6002 Trenton Rd
Utica, New York
- Kalex Energy, Co
- Laurie's Care And Cleaning ServicesP.O. Box 21
Lee Center, New York
- Laurie's Care And Cleaning Services
- Oren Construction IncPO Box 67
Hamilton, New York
- Oren Construction Inc
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Steve Kotarys Home Improvements Plus8501 New Floyd Rd.
Rome, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space