G & C Pools of the Carolinas

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2013

613 County Line Rd

Rougemont, NC 27572

Gaddy's Grading/G & C Pools is a local family owned and operated Super Service Award Winning business that has been around since 1992. We have over 30 years of experience and use the latest industry techniques. Whether you need an in-ground swimming pool, grading services, entire tree removal, stump removal, or even house demolition, we can do it all. Please give us a call so that we can provide you with service right away....

excavating (48)lawn & landscaping (22)drain pipe installation (15)mulch delivering (8)tree service (7)stone & gravel (6)concrete driveways (4)dumpster rental (2)roofing (2)

05/14/2020

Walt M.

Chris and his wife were pleasant to work with and got to my job within a reasonable amount of time considering how busy they are. While the stumps are gone and the area is graded, I am disappointed. To be fair, I signed a waiver of damages in the contract for "things that are beyond our control." I don’t think the damages they caused were beyond their control. At the start of the project, I pointed out an irrigation sprinkler and valve box near my driveway and in close proximity to some of the stumps to be removed, and the fact that I had an invisible fence wire close to the project. Chris said he would try to avoid the wire but I said I would fix it if it broke. Chris worked very quickly, probably from years of experience but in retrospect, if he had gone a slower, he could have avoided a lot of the damage. Upon completion, I had a broken pipe where his machine ran over the valve cover and crushed the pipe below. There were tread marks over the area so I know it was the machine. I had a crepe myrtle that was run into that damaged two of the three trunks. I had an irrigation pipe outside of the work area that was broken in two places. I had a concrete cover to our septic tank run over and broken, again, beyond the work area. Finally, in moving the large dumpster with his Bobcat, he scraped it along my driveway causing damage to the lawn and driveway. The dumpster's wheels did not turn and were flattened on the bottom because of it. It was dragged rather than rolled down my driveway. While damage might be inevitable with this type of work, after pointing out the irrigation valve, I would have expected him to remain clear of it. No markers or warning flags, cones, etc, were placed as a reminder that it was there. There was a gentleman working with Chris from the sidelines. He was usually on his cell phone, but helped with cleanup and helping with odds and ends. If he had been used as a "guard" for this valve while on the sidelines, this could have been avoided. I called and emailed in regards to my issues. The phone calls and emails were professional but insistent that they were not responsible. Even when I asked them to reconsider only the damages to the irrigation valve, I received the same reply. Because of the nature of my irrigation system, I have been unable to do any irrigation at all on my property because of this leak and the irrigation repair company could not come out for two weeks, which meant no irrigation for a long period of time. While their company met the letter of the agreement, I would not hire them again because of all the damage done and the fact that they would not meet me half way on some of the repairs. I had hoped to use their company in the future when the site is prepared for a building foundation, but that is no longer a possibility.

Description of Work
I needed to have stumps removed and the area graded.

Category excavators,landscaping,tree service

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

Review for G & C Pools of the Carolinas - 613 County Line Rd, Rougemont, NC - 38564564

03/26/2020

brad W.

Gaddy's did a fantastic job of leveling out the area. He was extremely professional and took the extra time in my rough soil to ensure the job was done perfectly.

Description of Work
Leveling an area for a pool

Category excavators

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

12/12/2019

Mark B.

Gaddy's Grading installed a drainage system in my yard to direct water away from the house. He tied my gutter downspouts to a main drain underground that directed water to a creek area in the back of my property. Chris did a good job explaining what needed to be done which made perfect sense. He was on time and completed the job in two days.He and his helper were very polite. They cleaned up the yard afterward spreading topsoil,mulch,seed and straw over the yard. I am very pleased with the completion of the project. I would surely hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
Drainage system installation

Category landscaping,mulch,drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

12/11/2019

Rod M.

I build above ground pools for a living, and have used Mr Gaddy for years to help with grading of pool sites, and he is always dependable, and does a great job for us. We have had many issues with drainage in customers yards, and he always helps the customers fix their problems, and I never hear complaints. I am also aware of many lot clearing jobs he has done for customers. I would highly recommend Chris Gaddy for any of your grading needs.

Description of Work
Pool grading

Category excavators,tree service,drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

08/30/2019

Kelly S.

Excellent. Very professional and efficient. Competitive pricing. Overall very pleased with the project. Highly recommend Chris for drainage projects and grading.

Description of Work
Drainage work. Installation of 2 large collection basins and installation of drainage pipe for storm water runoff. Re-grading of yard and spreading of several truckloads of dirt. Replacement of failed gutter downspout drainage system around house. Spreading topsoil, grass seed and straw in areas disturbed by drainage project.

Category mulch,tree service,drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

05/05/2019

Sumit D.

We hired Gaddy's grading for regrading our backyard that had severe water accumulation issues. Chris Gaddy came and gave a quote that was very reasonable for the amount of work that was involved. He explained everything that needed to be done, and was not at all pushy about adding any "extras". Chris and his son did the work themselves, and were very professional and friendly. The wether turned very uncooperative in the middle of the job, resulting in a good bit of extra work for them. Amazingly, they did not ask for any additional money for having to do the extra work and the multiple trips. Our yard now has perfect drainage, and no accumulation issues. These are good people.

Description of Work
Yard regrading

Category excavators,landscaping,mulch,drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

10/28/2018

ANGELA R.

Better than I could have ever expected! Chris and his guys did an amazing job. They went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and thoroughly explained what he was doing and why every step of the way. My crazy drainage issue with useless french drains has been solved. I only wish he did more contracting stuff. I was so at ease with the entire project. I Highly recommend.

Description of Work
PVC drainage and grading

Category excavators,mulch,drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

02/19/2018

Kevin O.

Gaddy was easy to deal with. He knew what he was talking about when laying out the new drainage path. Part of his grading included removing a natural area and multiple stumps located in the natural area. All work was done timely and the yard looks great!

Description of Work
Front and side yard were graded to help with drainage. This included stump removal from natural area as well. Gaddy also spread crush and run for a 100' driveway to a detached garage.

Category excavators,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

11/29/2017

Holly M.

Great job. I appreciated the communication prior to and timeliness of getting the job done.

Description of Work
My driveway needed light re-grading and gravel.

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

09/19/2017

Sheilah H.

The work was excellent. It was good service, they were timely, showed up on time, and they did everything I asked them to do.

Description of Work
They cleaned my backyard prepping it for a fence to be installed.

Category excavators

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

Lot & Land Clearing, Stump Removal, Grading, Concrete Driveways, Pool Grading, Excavating, Drainage Solutions.