Baio & Sons LLC

12/31/2022

1400 Lamb Rd

Lexington, NC 27295

home remodeling2021
Opened up a kitchen and den to create one large room with new kitchen layout and new cabinets and tops

Baio & Sons LLC is a general contractor specializing in Kitchen, Bath, and General Interior remodeling and renovation. We take pride in every job as if it were our own project. We have been in business since 1992 and have remodeled over 600 kitchens and bathrooms as well as ground up construction on over 225 homes. Our staff is well educated in all stages of the construction process and highly skilled in all trades associated with the projects we are involved in. We have interior Designers that we work with if you are in need of that service....
Lake front Kitchen project

home remodeling

2021
Salisbury NC. Addition project
Salisbury NC. Addition

home remodeling

202128422

home remodeling (11)tile installation (6)woodworking (7)drywall (7)interior painting (6)flooring (6)countertop installation (4)drain pipe installation (2)cabinet makers (1)

10/11/2021

Mike and his crew are amazing. We needed to do a lower level renovation including adding a handicapped-accessible bathroom with a fairly short turn-around time as my elderly parents needed to move in due to my stepdad's failing health. Every one of his crew as well as the subcontractors were on time and did very high-quality work. My house was left clean at the end of each workday, and I was warned well in advance of days that might be noisy, as I work from home. Mike had great, creative ideas that solved a few strange twists in the layout, too. We were especially worried about the tile flooring in the kitchen and bath being problematic as it was formerly an unfinished, unheated basement, but they turned out perfect......better than we had dared to imagine, especially given the starting condition of the floors. Ahead of schedule, my mom and her husband were able to move into an inviting, thoughtfully planned space that far exceeded our expectations that stayed within the quoted budget. We will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Lower level kitchen remodel, add bath

Category drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2021

10/11/2021

Excellent experience. Mike’s crew is kind, professional, light hearted and trust worthy. It is so important to feel as if you are “in good hands” and with Mike and his team you are! Mike was always responsive and gave his advise throughout our project. His experience/quality that he brings to the table is worth every penny. Can’t wait for a remodel in 20 years!!

Description of Work
Setting cabinets, making shelves, tile work, & any “handy man job” around

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,woodworking

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for Baio & Sons LLC - 1400 Lamb Rd, Lexington, NC - 39503814

10/03/2021

Mr. Baio's son did the work with no supervision after the original crew was supposed to do the job. The tile floor was originally laid so poorly that Mr. Baio had it ripped up and redone after purchasing new tile. The wainscot was installed using material that had been in the garage (100 deg F, with fluctuations in humidity) and was immediately installed directly from the garage without 48 hour acclimation time to a 73 deg F, 40% humidity house as required by the manufacturer. This resulted in breaks between the pvc panels that will need to be ripped out and redone or caulked because of the contraction due to Baio's blatant disregard for product directions. After discussions with product engineers, I presented my concerns with Mr Baio about the subpar job. Mr Baio became verbally combative, literally threw his hands in the air and said, "I'm done with this place, you keep the rest of your money". Mr Baio continued to storm out of my house and when asked if I could have this in writing, his response was, "you'll get something in writing from my attorney". Not only did Mr Baio refuse to discuss a resolution, but placed me under duress of legal action because he wouldn't accept any more payment or come up with a solution befitting to both parties in a calm manner. I would not recommend him for any project, large or small and I would also recommend legal counsel before signing any contract with his company.

Description of Work
Renovate 1/2 bath

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/03/2021

A more than qualified crew performed the work on Mr Rileys home. Supervision was provided myself Daily. The issue with the initial tile work was a tile Choice that required 4 tiles be laid together to create a paisley type of design. First the tiles were neither the same measurements and were not perfectly square, and second the pattern was not printed on the tiles uniformly from the manufacturer. The tiles were laid with spacers and levelers to make all grout lines uniform and the tiles perfectly flat. With the irregularities in the tile this created a push in the pattern and was not realized until most of the floor was laid. Once we realized what the issue was we took up the tile and purchased all new tile and relaid it lining up only the pattern and not the grout lines. The tile floor looks perfect now. This only took one extra day. As for the Plastic wainscot. This is a product that i would not recommend as it is a pvc product which is extremely unstable. It will move from now on with temperature changes inside and outside of the home. Mr [Member Name Removed] seemed to have an extremely short temper. I was even told by his wife, after the tile issue, Not to talk to him only to talk to her indicating this issue. The [Member Name Removed]’s have only paid for materials at this point. No labor cost were paid and have not been requested. After Mr Rileys rant about the wainscot I did not feel comfortable around him and simply wanted to get out of his home as I did not know what he would do. Further, I would not put any of my employees in that situation. Again No labor has been paid for.

09/23/2021

Everything was great. So glad we found Michael and his group. Great communication. The were great to work with. We started with a kitchen remodel, after considering numerous contractors, and it went so well that we kept adding more projects. Will hopefully work with them again on future home projects. A+

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel. Deck. Outdoor trim.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

04/28/2021

They did an awesome job turning a 70 year old dated farm house into a brand new home. New countertops, appliances, drywall and flooring. I literaly have a brand new home now and it looks great ! I rehired them to add an addition to the home

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category countertops,drywall,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Review for Baio & Sons LLC - 1400 Lamb Rd, Lexington, NC - 39450598

03/23/2021

They did an excellent job. We’re very clean and thorough. Kept us informed during the entire project. Would highly recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,drain pipe,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

09/22/2020

Super. Great crew. Great company to work with

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

11/18/2019

Everything works way better than I expected to be. Always on time, project completed in a timely manner, I can talk to them very comfortably. And yes I will hire them again no doubt and I also highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Basement Theater/Bar room

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,drain pipe,interior painters

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/18/2019

It all went well. I was mostly worried about cleanliness and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Kitchen and misc remodeling

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

11/18/2019

Always on time or ahead of schedule. Very Reliable, and if there is a better way of doing the Project for cost reasons, he will explain it. They have done major projects at the Family Business to small projects at home.

Description of Work
Addition, numerous projects over 28 yrs

Category drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, general interior remodeling

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing