Fiber cement siding is a low-maintenance, long-lasting home exterior solution. But cement siding doesn't provide every rumored benefit, a contractor says.
Get matched with top exterior painters in Hattiesburg, MS
There are 2 highly-rated local exterior painters.
Matching on Angi
Recent House Painting Reviews in Hattiesburg
- Mitch Moore ContractingIt did not go well at all. We were constantly having to go back over plans because apparently he did not remember what we discussed doing or he did not do any blue plans for the remodel. The date for the work to be completed kept changing. We were billed for professional work when the work was anything but professional. We paid a lot of money for the painting inside and out and there were places that didn't get painted the areas on the outside that were painted are cracking and peeling. There was paint left on my brand new ceiling fan, and also one of the porch light was spray painted on one side the light was black but now half of it is cover in white paint which they didn't bother to clean up. The bathrooms were supposed to be remodeled instead the old shower was left in place without any update, the old tube was left in place with no repairs whatsoever. I was charged enough for these things to have been updated or replaced. Added on a new master bedroom which was suppose to have a large master closet, upon inspection of the room i discovered he had not even included a closet in the addition and then took space from an existing room to make the closet which made the other room smaller. They left all their old painting equipment and scrapes piled up in the closet in my office. They left an old toilet sitting outside on the new deck that was added. The deck itself was left unstained which in my opinion is an incomplete job. It took months to finish the project and there is still so much work that i have to have corrected now. I feel like we were cheated, we never received receipts for materials purchased. I did not get the color i wanted in my kitchen because he said it was not available when in fact it was but he just needed to be ordered. My brand new roof was leaking before they finished the project. I had a window in my attic that was left open and rain was coming in not to mention the AC running continuously trying to keep up with all the hot air coming in thru the open window. With all the rain lately i now have brown spots in my ceiling and supposedly this is a brand new roof. I have been in this house for less than 3 months and i am completely devastated at the cost of labor and the outcome of the work that i received. We paid for professional workers but got anything but this. I would not recommend this company. Mr. Moore was rarely onsite to oversee this project as a result i have a lot of work to do to get my home to where it was suppose to be when they finished the job
- K & S HomesK&S homes did top notch work on my house. Very knowledgeable and very professional. Kevin did exactly what he said he would do and more. I have 9 years experience in home building and if not for time I would have probably done the work myself. However I’m very glad that I chose K&S Homes for this project. After just a few minutes of talking to him, I had no problem handing him a key to my house and telling him to just let me know when your done. I’m very please with the results of his work and would use him again. I recommend K&S Homes to anyone in need of service that they provide
- K & S HomesWent well, Kevin was on time, and always kept me informed as to what was being done, what was next and when he would be back.
- Brad Baggett Homes LLCI needed work done on a 1977 house (36 years old) with a 25 year old shingle roof that had developed a couple of leaks. I did not know how much damage had been done so I needed someone that could handle any needed carpentry and painting as well as the roofing. Brad's crew did a great job. fortunately the damage was not as great as I had feared and they fixed it right up. Hector supervised the crew and they all did a very efficient job. They cleaned up the site perfectly-didn't leave any trash at all and were careful not to damage my flower beds, planters etc.. I am very happy with the results and my house looks brand new from the outside. Everyone was very friendly and personable and I enjoyed having them here. They knew I was under a deadline and had to return to my teaching job on Aug. 1 so they made sure to get finished before then. I am quite happy with my experience and would recommend them without reservation
- Ipower Custom PaintiPower Custom painting is fast, concise, and very professional. They removed all the things from my porch, hosed off the pollen, painted it, and once dry moved everything back on it. Did an amazing job painting the front of the house too. The price was the most reasonable I found calling various painters in Hattiesburg, and with their professionalism \I would highly recommend them for any painting or pressure washing job you may have
- K & S HomesI'll start this review by saying that Kevin does great work. He stays in contact and shows up bright and early and ready to get started. He works non-stop all day until the job is completed. He and his crew are friendly and clean the work area well when the job is finished. My only advice to others looking to hire him would be to watch his quotes carefully. He starts out with a reasonable price but after the job has begun, his price grows quite more than what was originally agreed upon. The excuse given is usually the price of materials have gone up, followed later by a little complaining about how difficult the job was to finish. First of all, when I hire a professional I expect them to know the current price of materials BEFORE they give a quote and they should always expect to run into some unforeseen issues along the way. Paying a bit more for this situation is understandable if it is justified and within reason. I hired Kevin to replace an old chain-link fence with a new wood one, this job went very smoothly, no issues at all. They finished the job very fast and I was quite happy with the end result. Next he was hired to repair a wood framed chimney chase which was damaged over the years from rain. The original quote was $2500 but he said it might be "slightly" higher if more wood rot was discovered after he started the repair, which happened to be the case. The final price was $4000, which I thought was a bit more than "slightly" higher Still the repair was completed on time and I was pleased with his work. He was then hired to put a new new roof on my parents home. His original quote was $11,000, but after he received a deposit for materials he later came back and said the price of materials have gone way up and needed more money, next he started complaining about how tough the job was to complete because it was an older home and the roof wasn't exactly square. There were also many nails that had to be pulled from the existing roof which took him longer than expected to complete. The final price $14,900, once again quite a bit more the slightly higher. Like I stated earlier, Kevin is dependable and does top-notch work but you should expect to pay quite more than his original quote. Even though I'm happy with the work he did, I will be looking elsewhere for someone to handle future projects
- James PilgrimJames tends to under bid a job, which is fine with me, but I have to pay more for things he forgot to consider. Overall, he's a deal. He has been working about a week and should be through tomorrow. His phone number has changed from that listed in Angie's List. His phone number is: Cell - 601 577-063
- James PilgrimI live in a bungalow built in 1921. My garage had a rusted tin roof that leaked. James patched and painted the roof with trailer roof seal, placed a drip guard on my house roof in one area, leveled and placed foundation pillars under parts of my house and porch and painted the rear and front flat areas of roofing on the house with trailer seal. I started piecemeal with him on the drip guard and progressed to more areas as I saw his work. I would use him again
- Ben RatcliffFirst, he delayed us multiple times to begin the work, which caused other subs to be delayed behind him. Then he would constantly work at other jobs when he had promised to stay with us until the end. He lost all of his crew except for one man, which caused even more delays. He spray painted our interior doors with terrible runs on most all doors. He then placed them all in closets so that we wouldn't notice until much later. (No lighting at this point and closets are dark) He stained a tongue and groove ceiling that was supposed to be white-washed. He left cracks in shutters that were to be caulked before he painted. He was to provide 2 coats on the exterior brick per his quote. He was going to do just 1 coat at which time we fired him from the job. He did not finish the interior leaving many items unpainted saying "I'll get those on the punch list". I'm sorry, but they were not punch list items. We did finish the house painting with another painter that was excellent
- Mitch Moore ContractingStill in progress Terrible having heard or seen him in over a month now...One of his employees commented that he said he wasn't coming back to finish.....The Roof leaked in bathroom on the first hard rain and damage ceiling in bathroom. The sided in falling down in several area due to not enough nails in it or sealed. New section of house not vented to releave excess heat. Not enough paint on everything painted.. Everything outside requires painting already fading....The new roof shingles were put on with nail gun shot the tack to deep ripping holes in shingles three section of roof slide completely off the roof....
Last update on August 22, 2022
House Painters in Hattiesburg
Examples of exterior home paint services
Exterior home painting companies offer many services other than brushwork. A good painter can take on almost all tasks required to add a new coat or color to your house.
Some services you can expect from exterior house paint businesses include:
- Consultation. A professional exterior painting business dispatches someone knowledgeable to your home to talk about your painting needs. They will give you recommendations about the paint colors that might be perfect for your house, and many companies use computer programs to create a picture of your house with various paint hues to make your decision easier.
- Preparatory work. Painting professionals start by ensuring your house exterior is ready for paint. Contractors use pressure washers to clean dirt, work to sand rough surfaces, or complete small tasks like replacing rotting wood or missing trim.
- Using safety equipment. Qualified exterior painting contractors work hard to support everyone remaining safe during the project, including you and your household. They may install equipment like safety ropes and scaffolding, particularly if your home has multiple stories.
- Priming. If it’s necessary, house painting contractors begin with priming to support the right foundation for a good paint job.
- Painting work. Of course, exterior house painting contractors provide paintwork. That includes applying as many coats as necessary to make sure the project ends with a professional final look.
- Finishing. Once paint coats are added to to major areas, contractors look to complete trim work and other areas to finish the project.
Talk to available paint companies in Hattiesburg to find out what services are available. Work with paint companies who deliver comprehensive services needed to finish your job well.
Do you save cash by doing it yourself?
Should you paint your home’s exterior as a DIY project, then you pay for only the paint and supplies. DIY painting, on average, may run as much as $1,000. That number changes if you need to pay for scaffolding or other equipment.
You should also account for your time. If you take off work to complete the painting work, you might lose income, negating the savings. Plus, if you don’t have previous experience painting, you might not like the result.
Take some time to get estimates from professional exterior house painting businesses in Hattiesburg before you move forward with any work. You might be excited by how cost-effective professional services are.
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful house painter articles
Learn all the benefits of painting and staining your home from the inside out, including boosting property value and protection against harsh weather.
If you’re ready to paint your concrete floors, picking a color is a key step. Use our guide to take your project to the next step and decide on the perfect shade.
Find exterior painters in
- Arnold Line,
- Rawls Springs,
- New Augusta,
- Mount Olive,
exterior painters in Hattiesburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- DB Home Repair30 Eatonville Rd.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401
- Francisco Maqueda315 S 23rd Ave
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401
- Golden Eagle Services305 S 12 Ave
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401
- Ipower Custom Paint1813 Pearl St
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39401
- Mitch Moore Contracting2860 Oak Grove Rd
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39402
- Quick Charge Home Repair17 Lakeview Cove
Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39402
- DB Home Repair
- 1st Handyman Service313 Lower Myrick Rd
Laurel, Mississippi 39443
- 1st Handyman Service
- Apex Roofing and Construction5800 Henderson Rd
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404
- Apex Roofing and Construction
- Chris Nixon Painting LLC448 Graves Rd
Ellisville, Mississippi 39437
- Chris Nixon Painting LLC
- Pine Belt Gutters123 S George Ave
Petal, Mississippi 39465
- Pine Belt Gutters
- STMZ Roofing and Remodeling130 Old Canton Hill Dr
Jackson, Mississippi 39211
- STMZ Roofing and Remodeling
- Tramco34-A CR 403
Oxford, Mississippi 38655
- Wish Bone Construction178 McMahon Rd
Purvis, Mississippi 39475
- Wish Bone Construction