Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Kirksville, MO
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Kirksville
- Yoder LLCVery pleased w/ all of Samuel’s work & have him scheduled to do more work this spring. He is very dependable, timely & great communications.
- CUSTOM DISCOUNT EXTERIORSFrom the estimate to completion of the job it was the best experience I've had with a service company. My schedule is busy and Tom was able to give the estimate without me meeting him. He broke down the pricing into sections as I asked so I could pick and choose what we wanted done. I was pleasantly surprised with their pricing. They worked with my schedule and were able to do the job on a Saturday so I didn't have to take off work. The crews were supposed to arrive at 8am and they were there by 7:30am which was a nice surprise. I felt bad for the crew because it was one of the hottest days of the year, but they did not rush through it to get out of the heat. They took their time and explained everything to me, showed me the products they were installing, etc. I didn't get the crew's names, but one guy in particular went out of his way to make sure I was fully informed. They were done and completely cleaned up by 11:30am. Tom stopped by toward the end to meet with me and make sure we were happy with the job and to drop off a lien waiver. I was extremely happy with the entire process from start to finish. I have other work to be done and I will definitely use them again read less
- A 1 Home Renovations and Painting IncWe scheduled the work for a cetain date and could not accomplish the task due to inclement weather. Steve stayed in contact with me to work around the inconvenience and found a break in the sorms. They (Steve and his crew) showed up on time as scheduled and began working emmediately. What I thougt would take all day, or possibly two days, was completed by early afternoon of the same day and to my total satisfaction. They are definitely on the front of the line for future work read less
- Shelton Siding CoThis was one of the best contractor experiences I have had in my life. All work was performed on time and exceeded all expectations. They ordered and installed doors, windows, siding, soffits, and gutters. Now working on a deck and pergola. This was an older home so they also reframed openings and replaced wood wherever it was necessary. Excellent work and very professional read less
- Andy Man Thee Handy Man LLCWe had Andy build us a shed under our lake house. We wanted it to match the one we already had. He did an awesome job and doubled our storage space. It looks just like the current one, which is what we wanted. He even fixed additional electrical work that was necessary, but unknown at the beginning of the job. He is great to work with read less
- Loftis ConstructionCouldn't have asked for a more professional experience. The crew was curtious and there was zero clean up left for us. The estimate given was on target and they finished just under budget. I will definitely use them again!
- Ed DukeTwo men came, it took about 7 days . They were clean both personally and professionally. On time, professional workmanship, fair prices, stayed within contract. Courteous and couldn't have been better.
- Smith BrothersContractor was very professional and on time, very courteous and polite. Went the extra mile to make sure i was pleased with the services. I had also asked them if they would do extra things, and they never hesitated to accept what i had asked of them. And they were very reasonable on their cost. Always kept a clean work area during and at the end of the day. Would highly recommend to anyone read less
- Faith BuildingOver the course of 9 months I got to know Willy. He is so passionate about his trade and when he was on the project his crew performed so well as a team. They were all so conscientious, respectful and considerate of the site, and me, the homeowner. I felt that Willy was such an integral part of the project that I opted to keep him on for several months to achieve our ambitious completion deadline. I could describe Willy as dedicated punctual and reliable. He worked hand in hand with the builder and the many other trades on site. I do pay very close attention to the responsiveness of any tradesman who has worked for me to see what corrective action they provide if something needs attention within one year of completion. Therefore, should something arise I will amend my review by October of 2013 to highlight Faith Builders responsiveness for followup. I am not expecting this to be an issue based on conversations throughout the project with Mr. Pinkston read less
- Advanced Home Repair Joel OberlyAll work has been completed to our satisfaction. On one occasion when we had several inches of ice the ceiling in our dining room was found to be leaking to the point that the dry wall etc was actually falling in. This occurred overnight. We had an open house scheduled for the very next day. I called Joel and told him my situation, he came from the job he was doing, leaving the men who work for him to continue their work and assessed the situation, procured the necessary supplies to make the necessary repairs and completed the work including one coat of paint and returned the next morning prior to the open house with a second coat of paint. He routinely cleans up any debris and always makes sure my husband and I are more than satisfied with his work. He is timely and very pleasant. I trust his recommendations and bids read less
Contractors in Kirksville
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of services from building a fence to fixing that leaky faucet to a full renovation or if you want to build a new home we can help . From planing to building we are the full-service company for your home. Ask about out 100% satisfaction guarantee today read lessRecent Review:Randolph Development (D&D Cabinetry) were perhaps the best part of our entire new home construction. Dan and Danielle Randolph were able to see the vision that we had for our home and they gave creative input that made for a very unique set of custom cabinets! They operate with the utmost attention to detail--we are so pleased with the work they've done for us! Not only did they build the cabinets that we wanted, they also took on some "unfinished" projects that we needed for our new home--fixing a set of antique corbels that we wanted to use on our covered back porch, they also converted an antique fireplace mantel into a beautiful built-in book case that is in the center of our home. We have enjoyed every moment of our involvement with this company...so much so, that we have added a few more jobs to their work list! (Wish is was possible to submit photos of the work they've done for us...although I'm not sure photos would do them justice) Call them if you are looking for professionalism, courtesy, attention to detail, unique design, quality construction and materials, and timely work completion read lessTimothy W A.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Owner operated and one employee. No up front money until job is complete, if materials are needed for the job you have a choice to make the purchase yourself or can be added into the job. Estimates are free always read lessRecent Review:Impressed by his work. Took pride in job timeliness utill completion. Went the extra mile to make sure job was done. Will hire again and have for smaller jobs.bev d.
- Business Description:Ed Duke Contractor has aproximately 8 fulltime employees at any given time. My workers are skilled in individual and multiple trades, I offer both General and SubContracting services with various billing options including insurance claims and financing read lessRecent Review:The first meeting started well and I really thought I'd found a decent contractor based on initial rapport. He seemed down to Earth and was easy to talk to. Too bad he ended up wasting my time by having me meet him at one worksite (I had more than one property for him to work on) for an estimate, with the expectation that he would be meeting at the second site the following day. Unfortunately, I receive a message 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet the next day, that said he declined to provide an estimate after all. No explanation. No response when I tried asking what changed. He wouldn't even provide a copy of the estimate for a police report that I needed the numbers for. Between the unprofessionalism before the job even began and him vehemently talking down other local companies, I seriously question his overall competence at this point. The cherry on top is that is looks like he is leaving -himself- good reviews online. There is at least one excellent Google review by a user named Ed Duke. There were excellent reviews on Yellow Pages created by users named Ed D. and email@example.com. Watch out read lessAaron C.
- Business Description:Epik Construction has a long history of completing projects that exceed customer expectations. We take special care in each and every detail with your budget and goal in mind. From custom work to simple installation jobs - Epik Construction has a service to fit your needs. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how your dreams can become a reality with EPIK read lessRecent Review:Not well. They showed up the first day without the plan and proceeded to install the cabinets incorrectly. Had to redo them twice to get it right. Cabinets were installed at the wrong height, 1/2 lower than the stove. One cabinet door was installed with the wrong hinges. The correct ones were in one of the boxes. Seam in granite counter top is quite noticeable near back of counter. Counter instructions called for the molding at the top of the cabinets to be installed before the cabinets are mounted. They did not do that and never it was not possible to install it later. Microwave door would only open 1/4 of the way as it was hitting the cabinet door. While moving the refrigerator back into the kitchen, they dropped it and damaged a section of my hardwood flooring read lessBruce S.
- Business Description:We specialize in full siding and window replacement along with our Patent Pending siding repair system. We are proud to offer homeowners a choice when it comes to addressing your outdated and deteriorating siding. In an industry that is overwhelmed with "full replacement" companies, we have the affordable alternative to full siding replacement. Please contact us today to learn more about our Patent Pending repair system and what we can do for you! We also offer James Hardie siding products. A.. read lessRecent Review:The work was substandard at best. I was deceived on the work that would be performed. I was told at the time of sales that the wood siding I had would be cut back and replaced with similar material. It was not. It was replaced with what appears to be a type of trim. I had originally called in because I wanted my house painted. They then only painted the siding and told me the trim would be extra after they had already started the job. At this point I felt like I was being held hostage to their demands. Since they had already started the job they would do what would normally cost over $2000 for around $1600. I elected not to have this additional work performed. I would have NEVER had them do any work had I known this from the beginning. There is caulk everywhere. Nothing was taped or masked. The paint lines are not straight or even. Sometimes they would paint the side of the trim the same color as the siding. In other places they wouldn't. They washed out their brushes with my house in my yard. One night they left the hose on. I asked them not to wash their brushes in my grass and one of them was rude about it. Do not recommend. The owner offered me $200 off for my troubles. I just wanted the job done right. This isn't it. A month later and I'm still waiting for them to come and touch up spots where they set their ladder against the wet paint and you can see marks on the siding because of it read lessRobert L.
- Business Description:Full service general contractor for residential, commercial, industrial construction.Recent Review:.John F.
- Business Description:Fully insured and Fee estimates with in 50 miles of Hannibal
- Business Description:We are a full line home repair company
- Business Description:Home Repair Kirksville offers most any home repair; inside and outside, from Tree Services, Snow Removal, Lawn Services, Siding & Roofing; inside repairs include complete remodeling, construction services, painting, drywall, electrical, and plumbing read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- La Plata
general contractors in Kirksville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Build Pro Carpentry18325 Rathbun Hills Rd
- Build Pro Carpentry
- K's Construction1157 PCR 508
- K's Construction
- Mac Company2911 Beaver Creek Drive
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Midwest Storm Restoration - Maryville8825 Bond
Overland Park, Kansas
- Mint Service Contracting201 south 8th #562
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Missouri Web Bay32 Durham Drive
- Modern Renovations3408 Sacramento Street
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- MR PROJECTS17203 Lynda Cir
- Mac Company
- O J Mason Plumbing & Heating27 Roselene Dr
- O J Mason Plumbing & Heating
- Platinum Coatings And Construction LLC810 E. Franklin St.
- Platinum Coatings And Construction LLC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shawn D's General Construction19 Surrey Hills
- Sherwood Home DesignsP.O. Box 1510
Lake Sherwood, Missouri
- Siding Repair Systems112 Mariae Ln
- Stable Homes, LLC20375 Stagecoach Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Taylor engineering and construction inc.1703 south Broadway St
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
- The Handyman608 S Market st
- TreadStone Exteriors LLC751 N Business Route 5
- TRI STATE ROOFING & GENERAL1607 BIRD ST
- TWI Commercial Cleaning Service861 E. Cherry Street
- TYLER CONSTRUCTION3510 COUNTY ROAD 309
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
- Taylor engineering and construction inc.
- Warner Construction12759 Hwy 28
- Warner Construction