If you want to tear down a building, deconstruction can be a better option than demolition. Deconstruction is environmentally friendly, can help the community, and save your money. Learn how to deconstruct a house step-by-step.
Get matched with top home builders in Chisholm, MN
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Chisholm
- Sisu Builders LLCAbsolutely professional and pleasant to work with; highly recommend sisubuilders.com with great confidence for a job well done.
- KNUTSON CUSTOM CONSTRUCTIONI can not say enough good things about Knutson Construction. They took over a project that was partially completed by a previous GC and saved the day. Pricing was higher than others, but worth every penny spent. The quality and craftsmanship shows. Should we have any additional projects, we will be using them again read less
- Kaski IncWork has not started yet but they have been excellent with estimates, design, scheduling, their eye for detail was impressive.
- Uskoa ContstructionBruce was excellent to work with. He scoped and bid the project in April, and understood that we had some time constraints that would likely push out the project date. We stayed in touch and he was very responsive. Eventually we pulled the trigger on the project in September, and he was able to get his crew onsite in three weeks. They knocked out the project in about 14 days. Awesome, all around read less
- Heartwood Construction IncThey are very polite. I am a woman doing this all on my own, and they have been really respectful of me. They are attentive to details, and they instill confidence.
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERVThe company was recommended by another that could not take on the business. The estimate was prepared promptly and there was also appropriate follow-up. Thanks!
- LBC GARAGE DOORSGreat! very professional and skilled staff showed up reliably even though job took longer than they expected. Nice to work with.
- Badger IncIt was a great experience. We have told our neighbor down the road about Badger, Inc. and I believe they are calling ", The Badger". His experience tells the story. Thank you Susan Danielson Duluth MN 55812
- LBC GARAGE DOORSForeman and project manager met with us before project started to discuss things like staging areas, approach, etc. so we could agree what would be most cost-effective while also least disruptive. They constructed a temporary wall and put in a temporary, lockable front door while they took down the old wall, deck, chimney etc. so that we were still safe and dry inside. Workers arrived promptly everyday at 7:30 (agreed upon start time - I said 7:00 was too early for us), were very courteous and positive. Nice w/ our kids, never any foul language. Project took longer than expected but that was mainly due to the complexity of the exterior trim work - they kept at it consistently read less
- Melhorn's ConstructionI got just the service I was looking for. Very fast response to come out to the house to give an estimate, I was given advice and suggestions in selecting shingles (color and type, not just manufacturer), work was scheduled and completed much sooner than I expected, crew was polite and friendly, all my requests were honored (ie, TV antenna removal and such), my property was treated with respect, clean up was great (did not find even one nail left behind), and I am very happy with how my new roof looks. I had a couple of questions after the job was done, and was able to get the answers I needed. I did a bit of research and comparison (not extensive, I'll admit) and think I got a very fair price on the job. I had been procrastinating on this issue for over a year, dreading the whole process, but this contractor made it as painless as it could possibly be. No complaints at all read less
House Builders in Chisholm
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Specializing in HOME INSPECTIONS! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today read lessRecent Review:The service was good. They did what they suppose to. They were quick and they were there when they said they would.Neil C.
- Business Description:LBC Garage Doors provides free estimates, 24 hour customer service, and sells & installs top quality, energy-efficient garage and entry doors to improve your curb appeal.Recent Review:Great, door has never operated so well.Nathan E.
- Business Description:We are here for the sole purpose of helping you keep your home in tip top shape. We will meet with you free of charge and go over your project list and give you an estimate for each item separately so you can get things done that are the most important to you when it fits your budget. We have a crew of ten and look forward to serving you to make your home a comfortable place to be with everything working the way you want it to. Give us a call today for a free review of your list read lessRecent Review:Have not heard from Marshall Handyman on my projectRon F.
- Business Description:License: #1199311 (Wisconsin) . Additional license: #BC647932 (Minnesota).Recent Review:So satisfied with the quality, price and communication. Job was done exactly as discussed knowing if the roof wood was bad I would have to pay for replacement. I knew exactly what any additional materials I would need so I was prepared for surprises. Fortunately my roof wood was perfect so the bill was to the penny of the estimate. I could have been charged more because I don’t know roofing and can’t climb a ladder to inspect damage so would have paid any additional charges. Fortunately they were honest and I didn’t need any other work done. They cleaned the site when done and the supervisor, Abe Savage, was in constant communication and on site daily to explain what the days activities were and how the process was going. He and the owner even came after the crew finished and inspected their work, check housekeeping of site and make sure I was satisfied before they asked for the balance of my payment! The would have installed any shingles I wanted but they suggested a trusted brand they use. I did my research and was pleased with the quality and warranty. I called the manufacturer and they provided additional warranty info and have in writing they will transfer the warranty to a new home owner as well. Huge bonus! I have already started talks with Sisu on building a new house in the spring. Locally owned and long time community members in Esko, Cloquet and Superior area. I am going to hire them again and recommend you do too. To back up what I say, you may come see my roof personally, 218-451-0336 call or text. Caro read lesscarol r.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br.. read lessRecent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern Minnesota read lessCesar M.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:For over 40 years Litman Construction Inc. has specialized in residential and light commercial remodeling, repairs and maintenance. Litman Construction has a full time crew who provide professional, skilled services to take care of just about any home, apartment building or business; repair, maintenance or remodeling project. With just a call, you can arrange for a convenient estimate or scheduling of your next project. You'll find our company a dependable, affordable and an efficient way to .. read lessRecent Review:Litman Construction won a bid through St. Louis County to install a vertical lift (elevator) to make our home handicapped accessible for our son with special needs. We began the project in ample time to complete it by the end of our funding year. We completed our portions of the project and Sam assured us that the project would be done on time. Two weeks before our funding year ended, Litman construction began their work, assuring us it would get done. The lift had not been ordered, so our project was not completed on time. It lost our son $12,000 of county funding to use this year for a handicapped accessible shower and ceiling lifts to keep him and our caregivers safe during transfers. Litman apologized, but did nothing to make the situation right. They proceeded to blame us for the delays. My husband was up until 2 AM one morning removing a wall so Litman could begin their work. Had we known that Litman's delays would be that impactful, we would have done what needed to be done ourselves. We could have easily done what needed to be done in a weekend. Litman Construction essentially sheet rocked and painted a U-shaped "closet" that was 5 feet deep, 6 feet wide and 12 feet high. They added a 42 inch high wall on top of the 8 foot wall my husband had already built. They sheet rocked and painted 204 square feet and charged $5,145 for their labor (85.75 hours over 30 days). On-line estimates put sheet rocking at $1.50-$3.00 per square foot (materials and labor combined) which would put our project at $306-$612. Even though Litman did not touch the lift (Arrow-Lift the lift manufacturer installed it) they charged a 10% mark up on the lift, and the electrician they hired (TK Electric) wired the main circuit board incorrectly so it was destroyed the first time it was hooked up. Their response to that was "He's done them for us before, but I guess mistakes can happen." Litman construction did not even do their work well. They left sheet rocked seams for us to have to blend into a wall above (they painted up to bare sheet rock). The bottom door header was put in crooked (it is 36" wide) and the dimensions for the door were incorrect despite them having a plan. When the lift was installed, shims needed to be placed at the top so the door opened correctly. We had to fix all their shoddy work after we fired them from the project. There was no service recovery or effort to make their mistake right. When we knew that the project was not going to get completed before the waiver year was up, Sam, the project manager, told us that he has had funding extended (our social worker never had heard of that) and that my husband was handy so he could complete parts of the next projects to fit into the money we have left over this year. He blamed us for the delays. In the end, Litman was paid for their job and there was no accountability for them. I left a one star review and told our story on their Facebook page and they deleted all four of their reviews. They turned off the ability for people to post to their page except in the comments of their posts. Instead of responding to a complaint, they deleted it. That, to me, says volumes about their company. If you want timely, high quality work done, go elsewhere read lessNena J.
- Business Description:Our goal, whether we are remodeling your existing home or building a new home for you, is to maintain the same care and attention to details, craftsmanship and quality throughout the entire project. We do this by keeping you, the homeowner, informed and involved at every stage of construction. At Korby Construction Inc, we even offer consultation, to show customers why Korby is the one for them. Contact us today and see why we are the area's best read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Need a little help learning how to price construction jobs? If you’re a general contractor looking for some guidance on how to win the bidding process and make more profit per job, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for more.
Generating new leads is vital to the success of any contractor business. Whether you’re an electrician or plumber, new leads don’t have to be hard to come by. Learn how to grow your business in this guide for general contractors.
Find home builders in
- Mountain Iron
- Hoyt Lakes
- Grand Rapids
home builders in Chisholm
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ASPEN PROPERTY MAINTENANCE918 MINNEAPOLIS AVE
- ASPEN PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
- Berg Custom Builders Inc395 Nelson Rd
- Blackwood's Concrete408 Fayal Road
- Bougalis Construction Inc800 Greyhound Blvd
- Bowens flooring and remodeling2131 w 2nd
- BRUCKELMYER BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION, LLC2304 LISMORE RD
- Berg Custom Builders Inc
- E H Lawrence Co Inc101 East Iron Drive
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- E H Lawrence Co Inc
- Iverson Construction5857 Hwy 73
- Iverson Construction
- J & R Sundberg5904 McQuade Rd
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERV5224 WASHBURN RD
- JOHN LUCIA CONSTRUCTION llc8835 PEQUAYWAN LAKE ROAD
- J & R Sundberg
- Under Construction4827 Tioga St
- Under Construction
- William Freeberg Construction LLC4379 15th Street NW
- William Freeberg Construction LLC