Brothers Electric Co

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2001

3447 Cedar Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55407

A family run company, proudly serving the Minneapolis area with quality electrical services since 1983. 11 employees. Free estimates on remodels & service work only! Great Time and Material Rates for troubleshooting and repair work! No travel charges. Additional contacts: Kevin Letson & Amy Letson. Additional email addresses: kevin@brotherselectricinc.com & amy@brotherselectricinc.com. Also serving portions of Chisago & Sibley Counties....

12/17/2021

Erik A.

Kevin and his team did a great job. They showed up on time and got the work done quickly.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Rewiring

Category electrician, lighting

11/25/2019

Rick C.

Company never responded to my inquiry

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category electrician, ceiling fans

I apologize that this was your experience. We were having problems with our phone messaging service but have since repaired the problem so I apologize about the lack of response. We try to respond to every message we receive and pride ourselves on our customer service so this would not be our normal way to do business. I hope that you would try us again in the future.

01/19/2019

Mark C.

Never contacted me with a quote and didn't answer the phone.

Description of Work
ceiling light fixture replaced

10/06/2018

Frederick O.

Would not return my calls. I guess my job was too small.

Description of Work
Install electrical outlets

Category electrician

I apologize about the lack of response. We had been experiencing some problems with our phone systems and it appears it took us a couple weeks to realize there was a problem. We have figured out the problem and taken care of the issue. We try to respond to every message we receive and pride ourselves on our customer service. I apologize that this was not your experience.

09/26/2018

Dawn B.

Great! Efficient, on time, friendly, reliable, problem solving, helpful, tidy, skillful, beautiful work. Cared about our project. Very happy.

Description of Work
Project 1: Outdoor work to install pergola outlet involving excavation and digging of underground channel. Project 2: Reconnect old light socket covered by plaster, install new ground fault outlet, new dimmer switch and light fixture.

06/20/2018

Breahna G.

The electrician showed up on time, but seemed to be taking his time with the work. That was frustrating because we were being charged by the hour. The woman I spoke to on the phone said the job shouldn’t take more than an hour and it took two hours so it was twice the cost we expected. When watching him do he work it felt like we could’ve done it ourselves and that his knowledge wasn’t much better than ours.

Description of Work
Had some electrical problems with a ceiling fan/light fixture that we wanted removed. Also wanted a second fixture removed and both fixtures to be replaced with new ones that we bought.

06/01/2018

Greg V.

It went very well. The electricians arrived on time, reviewed the buyer's requirements with me, evaluated our panels (main and sub), removed/repaired some corrosion (including painting), sealed where the service line enters the house, and updated 3 double-tapped breakers, and wrote up a nice summary on the invoice addressing the buyer's concerns.

Description of Work
We're selling our house and the buyer's home inspector couldn't get our electrical panels open, so the buyers wanted a Licensed Electrician to examine them and repair/replace any double-tapped breakers.

05/29/2018

GRACE B.

service was great, it looks nice and they did what they said they gonna do.

Description of Work
They did 2 light fixtures replaced. They also did light switches, they fished wires to the ceiling to replaced pool chains with true light switches for a very reasonable price.

05/12/2018

Nathan P.

Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. Took time to explain the work. Estimate for the panel came in substantially lower than our other quote. Plus when Brothers was out for estimate, Kevin offered to fix a relatively simple (but way over our head) circuit issue in the kitchen that was frying appliances as a courtesy; the other company said it would cost us over $450 to repair!! Won our trust, and future business. I've since recommended to my parents and a friend.

Description of Work
Updated electrical panel

05/08/2018

Paul Q.

Had to come back with a second person. Felt I got charged twice.

Description of Work
String a new electric line from the attic to a live line.

03/22/2018

Brian H.

We moved into a new house and wanted dimmer switches on five of the light sets. They were efficient and got the job done in no time. Everything was cleaned up and it all works perfectly.

Description of Work
install dimmer switches

03/16/2018

Trent H.

The crew did an amazing job. Our house is old which required them to find creative solutions to our issues. They completed the work faster and cheaper than the initial estimate. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Several smaller projects - moving outlets, restoring power to lights, demo outlets, etc.

Category electrician, lighting

01/25/2018

HEIDI S.

Great. Responded and fixed problem quickly

Description of Work
Electric repair

12/25/2017

GRACE W.

They were professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Added in a new outlet, replaced undercounter light, and outlet.

Category electrician

Thank you for the comments, we are glad you had a great experience. Let us know if you need anything in the future that we can help you with!

10/25/2017

Amy E.

Worst electrical company we have ever encountered. Called them in install a simple bathroom fan (it was a replacement to one that was already there). 8 hours later....still not complete along along with lovely oil stains on our driveway from their van and puncture holes in the corner of our bathroom ceiling . I didn't notice the puncture holes until months later - their response was that "It was upsetting" that I am just now telling them about the holes. THEY are upset? I'm the one with holes in my ceiling! They admitted that they would have to consult a manual and call the manufacturer in order to try to finish the job. We said no thanks and hired another company who installs this fan model ALL the time and that it was a common model. Whereas, Brothers Electric wanted us to believe that this was a very sophisticated type of fan/very unusual type of fan which was why it would take so long. What was worse is that they pointed the finger back at us like it was our fault for allowing them to park on my driveway leaving the oil stain (they never asked where they could park) AND said they do not make homeowner repairs to any damage they caused. I wouldn't hire this company in a million years. Very poor business and customer service skills to accuse your own customer for your own problems that you created - in addition to not having the knowledge to install a simple replacement bathroom fan. Shame on them!

Description of Work
Bathroom exhaust fan that needed to be replaced with a new fan.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

This customer contacted Brothers Electric to replace an existing exhaust fan with a fan they purchased. The electrician removed the existing fan, installed the new fan, gfci protected the bathroom, moved an outlet and installed a switch. The problem with the fan came in when he went to program the fan there were 3 modules that needed to be programmed which he was unfamiliar with. He offered to contact the manufacturer and work with them directly so as to not make any mistakes in the programming to ensure all the functions (plug 'n play, night light, motion sensor, multi-speed, pick-a-flow, etc) could be used correctly. The electrician offered to contact the manufacturer on his own time and come back to program the modules the next day. He was not there for 8 hours as this customer states, but was there for 4.5 hours. The customer contacted our office stated that because he did not know how to program these specific relays that she didn't know if she trusted our company to come back and finish the job. She then asked us to bill her for the job as is. The bill on 6/28/17 was for 4.5 hours plus materials ($653.04), it also gave her a 1.5 hour allowance on the bill ($180.00) for a total owing of $473.04. On July 19th, 2017 the customer contacted us and stated she was only willing to pay $200 of the invoice since she "had" to hire a new company to "correct the settings (which were not set properly)". Brothers Electric agreed to accept this as payment in full. We also sent out one of the owners to power wash the driveway since she stated we made an oil stain. All in all we gave this customer $453.04 off of the bill plus we power washed her driveway and she paid $200 for the work completed. The customer contacted Brothers Electric on 10/3/17 to state that she found holes in her ceiling and demanded reimbursement of her time and money to spackle them. We explained if the holes were caused by us (4 months earlier) they would have been used to fish wires and are common when doing remodeling. The holes were the size of a wire hanger. We explained we do not do patching or repairs after a remodeling project and that this is the homeowners responsibility. It was at that time that this customer began saying that we were accusing her of things and pointing the finger at her; we offended her; made no effort towards her. She stated because our electricians had to look at the manual and speak with the manufacturer that we do bad work and make mistakes. Brothers Electric does it'[Member Information Removed] best to keep up with the changes in technology. This was not a sophisticated fan or something special, it simply was technology our electrician had not ever worked with before. This review helps us to know that we have to try harder to be up with the changes and to try to educate our customers on that too.

10/10/2017

Andy N.

They never returned my phone calls!

Description of Work
Business must be good for Brother Electric ! Have called them and left voice mail twice in past 3 weeks to have them come over and give me a quote on some work and there has been NO response.......time to move on to somebody who wants new business!!

Category electrician

We apologize that your call was not returned. We do our best to return each and every call. If you are still looking to have a quote done please contact us at 612-721-1606 so we can set that up for you.

09/27/2017

Gerald V.

The workmanship is excellent. I didn't feel like I got a good explanation of what they were going to do or what it would look like when it was done. I had hoped for better. It seemed very expensive. The workmen were professional and friendly. There was little clean up...small things like wire clippings, scraps, furniture not moved back, etc. We had difficult time scheduling; probably more my fault than theirs. Was a long wait time for appointment dates.

Description of Work
We had to raise the line coming in from the pole to the house. Included a new box and mast. Replace line to the garage and new wiring in the garage.

08/30/2017

Deborah P.

Professional and knowledgeable. Got right to work and did an excellent job. Clean up after themselves. Great service.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fixtures and fans in two rooms that had no previous fixtures. Replaced bathroom light/fan.

08/01/2017

Caitlin C.

They sent two electricians when I was expecting one. I think it ended up more expensive then it would have been with just one. With the two of them they were able to accomplish what I called them for as well as a couple other things that had popped up. They also gave me a quote on some additional work. I feel like it was well worth the money considering what they accomplished in the time they were there. They were very nice, clean, professional and really helpful. They actually called and asked if they could come early. They were open to help me, it was nice to have them around to solve a bunch of problems. I would say that they exceeded my expectations and were very helpful from a person to person perception in explaining what they were doing to someone who doesn't know electricity. They did the best job they could have done. The experience was great. They came in, I was able to tell them to the best of my knowledge what the issues was. They opened everything up and quickly figured out what was wrong with the wiring in the house already.They were able to asses exactly what needed done and provided the replacement parts the on the spot for this wiring spot. Overall, professional, quick and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I used them for electrical work.

07/27/2017

BETTIE W.

I was very satisfied with their service and felt they had fair rates. They were professional and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I hired them to install electric outlets in my garage and also add lighting in my garage as well.

07/24/2017

John B.

Okay but took super long lunch break so it took a lot longer than necessary.

Description of Work
Changede a light fixture and installed a ceiling fan.

07/05/2017

LACRETIA B.

Call the company and left a message. NEVER returned my call.

Description of Work
Need work on a dead outlet.

07/05/2017

Robert K.

They came in, took a look at the job, were very professional in explaining the issues with what we had asked them to do. They then measured the load on the circuit that was there, and told me that we should be absolutely fine to plug the fireplace in there. Best of all, they treated it as an estimate trip and didn't charge me! Very professional and great to deal with!

Description of Work
Thought we needed another circuit run for a fireplace.

06/19/2017

Judith C.

All went fine. Turned out the front doorbell couldn't be re-wired without tearing a hole in my wall, which I chose not to do. They provided good information on options.

Description of Work
Had a ceiling light fixture changed out, had them check a non-working outlet, and see if my front doorbell could be re-wired and fixed.

06/14/2017

Jay H.

Great. they showed up on time and completed the work

Description of Work
Installed electric vehicle charging station and outside light

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Harrison Electric Inc

14 Employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Travel charge applies. No extra charge for 24-hour emergency service (for existing customers only). Primary service area- Western & Northern suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul including Hennepin, Anoka & Ramsey counties and parts of Sherburne county. All employees are background checked and drug tested.

VERDANT ELECTRIC

We are a great customer service oriented business that strives to communicate and listen effectively with our customers. Our electricians can help come up with creative solutions to your electrical and lighting needs. We can help design your lighting project, or get power to where you need it. From commercial tenant finish work to residential remodeling, no job is too small. We accept credit cards on smaller jobs, invoice on bigger jobs, and will provide a free estimate before the work begins.

AM002317
    Minnesota
    Minnesota: Contractors
    02/28/2023

Residential & Commercial Electric Service – Rewiring, Inspections, Code Compliance, New Construction, Repairs & Remodeling, Housing Repairs, Service Upgrades, Outside Lighting, Lighting Retrofits, Drop Cords & Quad Boxes, & Machine & Equipment Wiring.

We do not provide estimates on repair work due to the investigation necessary to find the problem.