Consumers Energy

Founded 1886 • With Angi since August 2005

4600 Coolidge Hwy

Royal Oak, MI 48073

Consumers Energy is one of the nation's largest combination utilities, providing electric and natural gas service to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents, in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties....

12/18/2019

Flora C.

I have a plan from them. They have their own appliance repair people who came out for my washer. They were very knowledgeable with new appliance model but they were also knowledgeable about old appliance like the one that I have.

Description of Work
They fixed my washer and dryer.

09/19/2017

egntira H.

It's a maintenance agreement. They have great service. They covered everything, they fixed everything right away. When your heat goes out, you want it fixed right away or your air whatever.They were right on it. I called them, they showed up in no time.

Description of Work
A switch went out and they replaced it.

07/06/2017

Linda J.

We signed up for an home. We pay an monthly price. What they do is if any electrical or heat situation, Any other appliances like washer, dryer, stove, or refrigerator. They will fix it. They did a really good job. They do excellent services.

Description of Work
They fixed the stove. The stove has an computerize system where you touch the buttons. The panel you had to push with an extreme amount of force.

07/06/2017

Linda J.

They are excellent. We are using them.

Description of Work
They repaired our dish washer.

06/06/2017

James H.

I have an agreement for appliance repair, that is like policy. That does not cover air duct cleaning. It is a bundled coverage. The furnace I had was about 25 years old. They actually condemned my furnace. It worked all right and the air conditioner was all together. They wrote me a quote. They contract with people in the various professions to fix appliances and so on. They reviewed the status of my furnace and since it's so old they can't get parts and they said it could fail and it has to be replaced. I would do research on several estimates before I got the repair. I have a monthly charge for that day for this coverage. He came and asset it and wrote up an assessment and away they went. They are very professional. They came when they said they were going to come. When you call for service you never get the same people twice. It gave me an idea of what it would cost to replace my furnace, and A/C. I didn't have choice to us them again. I call them and they pick someone who is close to my home and then that company will call me. Then we will set up an appointment, then they will come and assess it and fix it or whatever.

Description of Work
They cover the air conditioning, the refrigerator, the microwave, and the dishwasher. It's like all household appliances. They referred us and so on. They wrote an estimate to replace my furnace.

06/05/2017

STEVEN A.

The appliance was repaired satisfactorily

Description of Work
Electric dryer would not heat. The heating element was replaced. This was part of the CMS energy appliance warranty program

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

04/19/2017

Lucia C.

We pay monthly so if anything is a problem with our air conditioning or our furnace, we just call them and they will come and fix it. I bought the unit from another company. We never have service because it's working fine. I pay them monthly, which is reasonable. They're not overcharging me.

Description of Work
We just had a new furnace and central air conditioning installed and Consumer Energy services it.

03/07/2017

egntira H.

They are great, I save a lot of money. I have saved a lot of money for them so far. They had the part right then and there, I didn't have to wait. They were great.

Description of Work
Service call for gas pump

01/07/2017

James H.

All I have to do is call and tell them "I have a dishwasher that won't work". They send someone to fix it or pay so much money to buy another one. They do what they're supposed to. If I have a problem they fix it or tell me they can't.

Description of Work
I have a policy with them to cover my appliances and heating and a/c. I pay a monthly cost. I had them come out to check my furnace.

12/14/2016

laurent D.

In the morning when they came out, I was freezing so they came out pretty quick. They came out and they took care of the problem and left. Their professionalism is good. It was good work. They did what they were supposed to do.

Description of Work
Consumers Power did my furnace. I have a maintenance contract with them. They cover my air conditioner, water heater, furnace and washer and dryer.

10/21/2016

Pam Z.

I have a service contract through Consumers for repair. I pay $24.95 a month. They only do it Monday through Friday and that was an issue for me. They initially sent the wrong part, so there was a delay. They were very good, however they do not do service calls on a weekend and that's a big one.

Description of Work
They fixed my dryer.

08/06/2016

ortensia S.

You pay a monthly plan and if anything happens with your heating or air conditioning they make sure it is working fine. They don't charge us. Consumer Power is using contractors and I think a lot of the contractors don't really know what they are doing. They do well with responsiveness and are pretty prompt. Sometimes though, it takes time.

Description of Work
We are on a plan with Consumers Energy.

10/28/2015

Crystal R.

I have the repair plan so the service cost me nothing.

Description of Work
I used Consumers Energy to service my dishwasher.

07/02/2015

Rebecca D.

A little pricey but great customer service and they work with you if you cannot pay

Description of Work
Provides gas and electric.

05/08/2015

RITA B.

Very good, it only took about 15 minutes.

Description of Work
They are our gas company. They turned the gas off for the fireplace.

Category gas leak repair

03/03/2015

cordelia P.

They did a great job. They came in and check the furnace. They sat down with me and told me what the problem was and told me what I should do and not to do regarding the furnace. They are a utility company for gas. They cover my appliances.

Description of Work
I used consumers energy.

02/26/2015

KERRY M.

He did a good job. He came down to look at it and said he knew exactly what the problem was. They had to order the part and the part came to my house. The day the part arrived was the day they came and fixed.

Description of Work
They replaced and fixed the blower system in furnace that previous company had installed incorrectly.

01/01/2015

Joanne F.

Leak was not on my property, so I do not know results other than it was repaired and made safe.

Description of Work
Searched for possible gas leak, located and fixed problem.

06/07/2014

Richard M.

Neighbors tree fell and 8 houses lost power. They came out in the morning after multiple calls letting them know the lines were on the ground. Said be fixed by afternoon. Then they sent guys to cut MY trees and i lost power came back next day and left. After spending 2 nights in hotels and loosing hundreds in groceries i called back. Took them 4 days to doo an hour and a halfs worth of work.

Description of Work
Put transponder back up

Category tree service

06/04/2014

Trina B.

Services were preformed in timely fashion.

Description of Work
Switch Electric Service from old address to new address.

05/15/2014

Marianne L.

I've been using them probably for about 15 years. They're an excellent company.

Description of Work
I go to Consumers Energy when I need a repair. They repaired the furnace for me.

08/21/2013

Kimberly E.

We are on their plan. They come right out. They have been super.

Description of Work
We use Consumers Energy for our heating and A/C.

08/21/2013

Angela M.

I used them recently and they did a mighty fine job. We pay a monthly premium to have the service. It covers all the air conditioning, furnace and all major appliances. They were very prompt. They seemed to take care of business quickly. They were very friendly. The price was excellent. We would use them in the future without a doubt.

Description of Work
I have used Consumers Energy. I have used them for gas. The sole went out and some kind of major plant goes out, they repaired and replaced it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

07/05/2012

Kathy S.

I went to Home Depot and bought one, and I wasn't happy with how much I was charged from the company that was installing it. I thought it was an outrageous price. It ended up being $500 to have it installed, and part of that is for the permit since you have to have one to get a hot water heater put in. He put in a new piece of PVC pipe, and at first charge, it was $169 extra for that. I said I wasn't paying for that since I was already paying high price for the installation and all it was a little piece of PVC pipe. He called the office and they brought the price down to $77, so I ended up paying the $500.

Description of Work
I belong to a program where you pay monthly. I had a service call, and I had to get a new water heater.

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

05/02/2011

Henry C.

They do a good work. They are pretty good. It is like an insurance contract and we pay them once in every month and they come out and repair the appliances whenever needed. Their price and quality of work is good. I would use them again in the future too.

Description of Work
We had Consumers Energy come out and do some appliances repair for us about 4 months ago.

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

Turbo Tree Care

Hazardous Big and Small Tree Removal/ Trimming, stump, and stick grinding. 24-hour Emergency Services, CALL ANYTIME. We service Sterling Heights, Macomb County, Shelby Township, New Baltimore, Romeo, Armada, Richmond, Washington.

1st Heating and Cooling Co

We are OPEN! Call us today for Virtual Sales Call! HVAC is a term in the construction industry that is not as understandable as some might think. For me the meaning is simple; it involves providing a healthy, safe, comfortable and efficient living environment for you and your family. With that being said, this industry has allowed me the opportunity to have a positive influence in people's lives which provides a great deal of satisfaction. I have been blessed to have a job that I have never thought of as "A JOB!". Even though there are many demands from owning this business these past 14 years, I am very thankful for this profession, the people I have gotten to meet along the way and the individuals I have been privileged to work with. In a time when it is getting difficult for companies, particularly service providers, to carve out points of comparisons from their competitors is the prices, location and service innovations that can be easily copied. The point of distinction that we have and is extremely important to customers, and very difficult for competitors to replicate; is our service quality. We are passionate about the quality and expertise of our work every day and feel that our services are invaluable. Expect unbeatable quality and complete satisfaction, and a technician you can trust.

Offers by 1st Heating and Cooling Co on Angi
    Dustmen Electric LLC

Dustmen Electric LLC is Michigan's first choice in Electrical Repair & Design service. We specialize in all phases of residential, commercial, and industrial electrical repairs. Let us solve your rewiring, lighting, and service upgrades. Interested in saving money on your electrical bill? Call us today and ask about our low voltage lighting solutions. Looking to remodel your home or business? Don't forget to call Dustmen Electric LLC to expertly design and install a lighting design plan to show off your space. We specialize in electrical lighting design, and have the skill-set and design expertise to outfit your home with gorgeous custom electrical design features. Dustmen Electric LLC has been a locally owned and operated electrical contractor for Troy and the surrounding areas since 2006. We are Michigan's premiere electrician and proud of our courteous, clean, and timely technicians. We can solve any electrical repair, electrical service upgrades, and rewiring issues. Call us today...We'll be at your beck and call!

Energy Gift Certificates, Natural Gas Fuel Lines, Private Tree Service, Generator Sales & Service, Life Support Needs.