Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Dowagiac, MI
There are 7 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Dowagiac
- Foundation Systems of MichiganFSM did a great job. The teams that worked on my home were on time, worked hard, were respectful and friendly, cleaned up at the end of each day, went above and beyond, and did a daily review at the end of each day. The project finished on time and the cost was true to the estimate given.
- EverDRY of MichianaEver dry waterproofed out crawl space about 14 years ago. Their service rep was prompt, professional and informative. We were drawn to the lifetime guarantee and signed a contract. The crew was punctual and hard working, finishing earlier than expected. We were impressed with how well they protected our flooring when carrying out buckets of concrete and how well they cleaned up. We have had to call a couple of times for small problems and were extremely pleased with the speed in which someone was here to fix them. I have recommended Everdry to many friends knowing they will not be dissatisfied. DottieP Dowagiac, M
- Precision Foundation Systems LLCPrecision Foundation Systems LLC completed a project for basement waterproofing in my home. Russell Hastings and staff were the right experts who consistently displayed pride in their work. Communication and craftsmanship was high quality, exceeding my expectations. Highly recommend Precision Foundation Systems LLC for your foundation and waterproofing needs
- Preferred Plumbing & HeatingExcellent.. Kevin was prompt and got to work right away and made sure I was aware of what needed to be done plus a recommendation
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCVery impressed with speed of the job. From initial contact to job completion was 8 days. The crew worked well together and was cautious to not disrupt the rest of the yard around the job site. Very efficient workers. We are very happy with the cost and the results are wonderful.
- EverDRY of MichianaI was referred to Everdry by a family member. My cousin learned about them at a home show. Everdry stopped the water from coming into their basement which also stopped the mold from growing by removing the source of food (water). After hearing his feedback and actually seeing the work that was completed, I contacted Everdry for an estimate. I am so glad I did! I had no idea what I didn't know about why, how, or even where the water was actually coming in from. Greg from Everdry started with a few questions for me, and then we walked thru the basement and around the outside of my home. After doing an initial inspection, Greg spent some time educating me about the history of the company, the benefits of using Everdry, and topped it off with a sketch and detailed explanation of the why, how and where the problems were and how they would fix it. It was actually overwhelming and as the days passed I came up with a long list of questions. I am happy to report Greg came back to my home and spent the time I needed to get all of my questions answered, even though some of them were repeat questions that I simply needed better clarity and understanding on. Greg Lambright not only knows his stuff, but he also communicates it so the average homeowner (non-builder) can understand. Now let's talk options, who doesn't like options? After completing the inspection and assessment of the water and mold in my basement he laid out the options. Not only about different ways to remedy the problem, but also options on how to pay for it. Depending on your circumstances you may not need the full gambit, but I did. I have a big and spacious home. In fact, on multiple occasions throughout the process, different workers commented "wow, the basement just keeps on going". Thankfully Everdry works with a company that provides financing at reasonable rates. The application and approval process was quick and easy. You also don't pay for the work until it is 100% complete and you are 100% completely satisfied. One other bonus, I was already able to refinance that loan for a lower rate and zero penalty. It's been two months since my basement was waterproofed by Everdry. It was March, and we've had plenty of snow and rain since that time. My basement is still dry. The sales team, office staff ,and hard-working manual labor crews at Everdry were all great from start to finish. The scheduling process was easy and they were flexible with the my work schedule. Everyone was able to answer my, what seemed to be, endless questions. Most people dread contractors coming into their home. Not in this case. Each person was kind and respectful and I looked forward to their arrival. The post-completion follow up was just as great as the communication during the process. Though I am truly thrilled with my dry basement, I think the greatest bonus is that their work comes with a lifetime transferable warranty. My basement is dry, the mold has stopped growing and we are working towards having new living space in our basement! Not only am I satisfied, but I also have peace of mind.Thank you Everdry! clc of Kalamazo
- Foundation Specialist LLCWe paid them almost $13,000 to "waterproof" and our basement flooded in a storm. 6 inches of water throughout, more than we ever had before they did any work. They said their system is not designed to deal with surface water caused by hard rains and that we should have asked for them to install window well drains, although they are supposedly the "experts" and never mentioned anything about this or any other potential future problems. They didn't offer to help with the cleanup or do anything to fix the problem other than to charge us more money to do what should have been done initially. When confronted with the problem, they were rude, unhelpful, and did nothing but say it wasn't their fault. Use someone else
- Foundation Systems of MichiganIt went very well. The leader of the crew called me everyday to let me know when they would arrive. He also took time to describe the differences between what he was going to do versus what the sales guy pitched. There are always differences. My only complaint was as follows: I specifically asked the sales rep with 15 years experience about how they would work around my ducts that are under the basement floor. He said not a problem. They were a problem for the crew. The helpful and professional crew leader walked me through options and while it did cost a few hundred dollars more I was satisfied. Always have a contingency budget. The B below is specific to the Sales team incident and not the construction crew, who were top notch
- EverDRY of MichianaFrom estimate to completion ,we were treated with respect and concern for our well being in the process. It took 7 days but Mark and his crew were here every day, on time, and they worked very hard in very hot and humid summer weather. They were also very respectful of our privacy during this time. They removed plants and replaced back in the order they found them with little damage. You’d never know they had been here but I watched them working. Other companies would not replace the plants. For the money- the investment for us was the best choice and we have no regrets nor any moisture at all in our crawl space. Austin spent over 5 hours with us (estimating)testing and writing up a report to present to us showing everything they would do and he answered every question we had. We feel we made the right choice in using Ever Dry . TSH-Mattawa
- EverDRY of MichianaThey took their time to explain to me exactly what was needed to waterproof my basement. I had water coming in at two different locations, and they explained all the options and costs.
Basement Waterproofers in Dowagiac
- Business Description:We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimateRecent Review:Troy and his team were so wonderful throughout this entire process! Troy came out over a year ago to quote - he spent nearly 4 hours on my property making sure that he understood exactly what was going on with each of my buildings. He took several pictures and gave a very estimate. I had several other companies come out to provide quotes & they just simply weren't as thorough or kind. Troy continued to follow up and once we were able to budget for the project, he came out and made sure nothing had changed. Throughout the job he took TONS of pictures so I didn't have to go under the building to check it out. They were professional & very respectful of our business operations. I will have them back this summer to finish up some additional projects! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANYAngie S.
- Business Description:We install helical peirs for new construction and under pin existing homes that are sinking, straighten and stabilize bowed basement walls, waterproof basements, and repair basement wall cracks . We are licensed and insured. Additional Phone Number: 1 (866) 818-596Recent Review:The work was excellent. They were timely and performed the repair quickly and efficiently. They were sure to provide us with as little inconvenience to our day to day routine as possible, which was a big plus in my book, because home repair is stressful. I really haven't seen many companies who were as accommodating as they were. The owner was in constant contact with us throughout the job, not only by phone but in person! He was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and polite. Even at the end of the job when he was picking up the backhoe he asked if we wanted to loosen any of the shrubbery we wanted to remain in our landscaping for the time being so it could be easily removed later if we decided to. Some companies come in, you never speak to the owner, they lag on the job, they're disorganized, they don't stick to their timelines, they inconvenience your home life, and you never get to tell anyone you want something done differently than originally planned. I had the exact opposite experience with Precision foundation, I saw no one slacking, they stuck to their timeline, I was able to speak with the owner, I was able to change the original plan, I could add-on work, they were happy to do provisional work, I could change something to my liking, and they were affordable. It was a great experience all around. I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for a basement waterproofing company who knows their stuff, gets the job done quickly, and is willing to work with the homeowner. AJonathan W.
- Business Description:Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help ..Recent Review:Work was done efficiently and professionally . Great crew! We just had a significant rain event, 6 inches of rain and the space was dry!Terry R.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Kamin Industries Inc & Everdry Waterproofing Of Michiana. Additional phone - (800) 343-2037. Additional email - email@example.com.Recent Review:We are very happy with our investment. Initial work was completed with lightning speed, staff was friendly and respectful. We were also impressed with the quality of work. We have only had to call them out twice over the years for small issues and Everdry was quick to respond and schedule our repair. Repairs were completed the same day. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to protect thier home. DM-LaPortDianna M.
- Business Description:Your home is your most important asset you have, so when you're ready to call a contractor to address your concrete or masonry needs, get yourself the best Concrete and Masonry Contractor in the business! We are a Christian owned business which has served the Kalamazoo, Portage, Richland and Battle Creek areas for over 15 yearsRecent Review:We got a detailed estimate and they showed up on the appointed day. They had a very professional crew and got the job done in one day. We love our new patio.Dennis M.
- Business Description:The job is only done when it's done right, it's not only common courtesy, it's common sense.Recent Review:SP never return our calls and no reply on the email.Roslyn F.
- Business Description:Provide all lawn care needs. Basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation. Also do snow removal and deck tear outs. I've been in the waterproofing and lawn business for almost 6 years and have an experienced team as well! I also offer Roofing ServicesRecent Review:It was good, excellent. The pricing was good and they did a great job on their work.Kenecia C.
- Business Description:Call CLI Concrete Leveling, Inc in Ypsilanti Michigan for all of your concrete contracting needs. With over 20 years of Concrete Leveling experience, our locally owned and operated business offers a wide variety of residential and commercial concrete leveling and Foundation Repair services to our customers. Our licensed and insured business is certified for foundation work to meet all of your needs. If you are a homeowner, apartment manager or commercial contractor, CLI Concrete Leveling, ..Recent Review:Crew was very courteous & did an excellent job. Explained the entire process & answered all my questions. Job site cleaned after all work was completed & washed down entire work area. Great service.roger z.
- Business Description:As a multi year Super Service Award winner with over 100 years of combined experience, StayDry is the standard-bearer for basement waterproofing, crawl space waterproofing, foundation repair, and similar services for homeowners and businesses. Our expert contractors take pride in their workmanship, and they’ll educate you on the different approaches to eliminate leaks in your foundation and keep your basement safe from water damage. We’re so confident in our abilities that we’ll offer you a f..Recent Review:Such hacks! They will hillbilly it up real good for ya, but if you want it done right the first time or at all look elsewhere! I was initially impressed with the owner David Brown who came out to give me an estimate. He was very respectful and didn’t try to up-sell me, but it was all down hill after that. I decided to have my existing sump pump replaced and have a battery backup pump installed with a “pump spy” smart outlet. Pam said the installer would show up at 9am and have no problem being done by the time I had to leave for work at noon. I asked Pam if they would clean out my sump pit that had probably never been cleaned before installing the new pumps or if that was something I needed to do. I was assured that the installer would bring a shop vac and do that for me. On 03/01/21 an installer that I thought was “Perry” since that was the name on the side of his truck, showed up. Turns out he was just driving Perry’s old truck. Anyway, their installer showed up and started taking things apart, but then had to leave for I think a check valve. He returned and assembled everything, but it wouldn’t fit in my pit, so he had to take it back apart and re-assemble everything. Turns out my old discharge pipe was plugged up with rusty crud. The installer said he would get some “Iron Out” for me. At this point I asked again if my pit would be cleaned since I didn’t want all that crud going through my new pumps etc. He said he would, but in the end he never did. He ended up telling me that the pit was fine and anything in there was hard and couldn’t be cleaned off, which was totally not true. I also never saw any “Iron Out” that he said he would leave for me and that I could use periodically. Since the installer unplugged the pipe the new pump moved water out the discharge a lot better and it was splashing back outside where it went into my buried line. I attached a hose so that it discharged out into the yard instead of splashing back near the house. The installer told me he would just stick a pipe farther down into the opening. I questioned how the water would escape if it needed to and was assured it would be fine. Well after I checked what he did I saw that now the water was spraying back against the house. I headed downstairs to tell him and he said, that he realized this too once water started running down my basement wall behind my electric box, which fried the “pump spy” smart outlet he had installed. He had to call and have someone bring him out a new smart outlet. He didn’t offer to help set up the app or smart outlet, but I eventually had to call “pump spy” to have the first smart outlet I set up removed from the app, which the company said contacting them was the only way to do that. Since things are such a giant mess I called my work and was able to use a personal day. I told the installer that I had taken the day off work now and that there was no rush, so he could take his time and do the job right. Spoiler, he didn’t do it right. When he said he was finished I had to ask him to secure the discharge pipe somehow between the pumps and where it went through the wall, which he did with some metal banding. This is also when I was told the pit didn’t need to be cleaned. Later once the water had a chance to settle I noticed tons of sludge, slime and chunks of debris still in the pit and the walls of the pit hadn’t even been attempted to be cleaned. I knew the brown on the pit just wiped off because I had already wiped off what I could reach. Also somewhere around the check valve was leaking and dripping down the pipe. The battery backups and all the cords and wires were left in a giant tangled pile. Zero effort was put into making anything look decent. Since it was after 6pm or something I ended up getting Stay Dry’s main number and they said it wasn’t an emergency and they would leave a message for Lansing Stay Dry. So at noon the next day I hadn’t heard anything, so I had to call them. They said they would send someone out with a shop vac this time to clean the pit and fix the leak, but it wouldn’t be until Thursday. On 03/04/21 at 10am someone shows up. As I’m putting my mask on I try to nicely say something like “Are we supposed to wear masks?” to which I am told “I don’t wear masks”. So the person they sent to redeem themselves after the circus on day 1 is someone who refuses to wear a mask in customer homes during a pandemic. Got it. This guy does take some Iron out and after I give him a brush (since he didn’t bring one or any rags or anything) scrubs the pit a little bit, sucks a little bit out with the shop vac and tightens up some connections around the check valve. The pit does look better and he leaves the rest of the Iron Out. He tells me the check valve area is leaking because the pipe is crooked and that he’s going to take the battery’s that I spent lots of time tidying up and move them against the pipe to steady it. I told him that’s how the installer on day 1 left the pipe, and that I had to ask him to even secure it with the metal banding. I went and got a cement block out of the garage to place against the pipe to steady it instead of moving everything I had cleaned up already. I also laid down cardboard and plastic on the floor, since none of these guys wear boot covers or clean up the water and mess and I was sick of cleaning up. He says there was an option for a new pit and cover that would secure the pipe. I was never offered or told about these options until now. Guess what? The next day I see the check valve is STILL LEAKING! I contact Pam and she says they will send out “Perry”, the real Perry who “manages the crews”. I’m confused thinking they’re sending the same guy from day 1. When the real Perry comes out on 03/10/21 he explains about someone else driving his old truck. I think he said his name was “John?”. Anyway, Perry, puts on boot covers and a mask which is nice. He looks at the check valve and says “This isn’t even one of our check valves” and seems to insinuate that something fishy was maybe up. I told him “That is the check valve your guy installed.” Maybe he just ran to the hardware store to get on when he realized he didn’t have one on his truck or something? Perry replaces the check valve and the pipe is crooked again, but not as crooked as the first installer (John?) left it. I say how the no-mask installer said if it’s crooked it will leak and Perry says that’s not true, and I guess he was right. It is no longer leaking. So finally after 3 tries, this company was able to sort of pull off the job. It felt like they put the bare minimum of effort into trying to fix their mistakes or make me happy. Since nobody was returning my calls I tried calling the owners cell number that was on the card he left when he came for the estimate. He sent me straight to voicemail and I immediately received a call from Pam. I would never use this company again and wanted to share my experience with them. There was so much they did wrong that I’m sure I’ve left some things outJason A.
- Business Description:Wet Basement? Great Lakes Waterproofing has been providing expert service since 1978! Using our unique "No Digging" system and our advanced drain tile systems, we utilize three main technologies to eliminate water and moisture in your wet basement, as well as reinforce your foundation. We do work on Residential, Commercial, and Industrial properties. Call us today for your free estimate! Customer Service is our number one priority, which is what has kept us in business for over 33 years. We h..Recent Review:Very punctual for estimate and professional. However the basement is still wet and they have absolutely the worse customer service of any company I have worked with. Called in May and they finally came out to see it several weeks later. And finally came out to fix it in August. Still having problems and have called them 3 times and talked to a receptionist (live) each time. Can't get a call back from anyone on when anyone will be here. Their office is horrible and their customer service is pretty poor as wellKimberly E.
Deals in Dowagiac for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Berrien Center
- Eau Claire
- Berrien Springs
- Benton Harbor
- Saint Joseph
- Paw Paw
waterproofing contractors in Dowagiac
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 3D Structural20115 Jackson Road
South Bend, Indiana
- 3D Structural
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- NES Septic & Plumbing920 S Constantine St
Three Rivers, Michigan
- NES Septic & Plumbing
- Precision Foundation Systems LLC1353 E Fairview
- Precision Foundation Systems LLC
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC1525 Goguac St W
Battle Creek, Michigan
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC
- Versatile Construction LLC5567 R Ave E
- Versatile Construction LLC