Determining drywall prices for your project can vary depending on where you live, what type of drywall you need, and the size and shape of your room. This guide will help you calculate how much drywall will cost for your project.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Rumford, ME
There are 3 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Rumford
- Mike Rose DrywallMike was very professional. He kept me informed on each step of the project, always let me know when he was going to be at the house. The work that Mike has done is top notch, once painted you will not even see any seams. I am very impressed with his work and after seeing the end result, i would not hire anyone else to do this type of work!!! Overall great experience!! read less
- Mike Rose DrywallMike started on the date we agreed on. Mike worked hard to make sure that our ceilings came out great. He also repaired a lot of imperfections in our walls while he was here. If you need your ceilings smoothed out, Mike is your guy.
- JCabido RemodelingThey gave me a fair price and did the work as promised. There were a few hiccups along the way as would be expected, but they were very fair about those and stood behind their work as promised to correct any issues. This is about all you can ask for, in my opinion, it is inevitable that hiccups occur on any big job. The important thing is how the company handles them. In this case, they resolved all issues. We sold the house and my understanding is that a problem came up with the new owners and that J. Cabido went back and fixed the problem at their cost. I would use them again read less
- Upright Building ServicesHe was very pleasant and professional with excellent communication during the project. He gave us a very reasonable quote and we signed a contract to proceed. The work was done ahead of schedule and it all looked very good when he was done. We plan on hiring him again for future projects.
- Upright Building ServicesI had a water leak that damaged the flooring and sections of drywall and I had made an insurance claim for the loss. I had another company give me an estimate for repairs and it appeared as though their estimated costs were quite high. I contacted Mr. Hilchey who had done work for me in the past and he gave me a very reasonable estimate to cover the basement walls with new drywall and to install laminate flooring. The work was done quickly and meticulously. The basement looks great! Mr. Hilchey was very good about letting me know when he would be working and about how the job was progressing. I find him to be an honest and very hard worker and I would absolutely hire him again read less
- Upright Building ServicesI had Upright Building Services come look at my project and he wrote up a projected cost plan for me and we set a time frame for him to come and start the remodel of our downstairs basement. He helped me with finding the type of ceiling tiles I had been trying to find. I had him build a wall unit in this room also and I gave him my design and he figured out the measurements for it. The project took more time then we had thought, but he had extra time figured in the contract , and it didn't cost me anymore then projected. I have had lots of compliments on the room and it is exactly as I pictured it would look like read less
- Upright Building ServicesFred was creative in the design and selection of materials for each project. He worked independently in our home; we were not present on many occasions. He is very trust worthy. His prices are a bit higher than average, but the quantity of work he produces, as well as the quality and guarantees he provides are well worth the money. He will follow up on details and get it done to your satisfaction. I would use him again for other projects read less
- TREVINO CUSTOM DRYWALL & PAINTING, INC.Stated = 1 job of replastering and painting. He was very detailed cleaned up; doesn't bother anyone - always on time - very professional, we now use him in the spring and fall for about 4 weeks each time - (we have an OLD 1878 house on the water and was so pleased with his variety of skills, price, work ethic that I use him for as many repairs as possible - we used to have a painter come every year BUT Joe has replaced him because his skills are more versatile - the home he works on is in Bar Harbor ME 04609 not the Florida address - would highly recommend him read less
- New Leaf ConstructionOur experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf Construction read less
- R.E. Hadley ConstructionMr. Hadley is a consummate professional. He works within your schedule and your budget. He solves problems, and is willing to allow you to give as much input as you wish. His work, particularly with tile, is beautiful. He is a pleasant presence in your house. He is careful and considerate--truly a pleasure to work with read less
Drywall Contractors in Rumford
- Recent Review:Mike was very professional. He kept me informed on each step of the project, always let me know when he was going to be at the house. The work that Mike has done is top notch, once painted you will not even see any seams. I am very impressed with his work and after seeing the end result, i would not hire anyone else to do this type of work!!! Overall great experience!! read lessSteve H.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou.. read lessRecent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend them read lessGrant M.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai.. read lessRecent Review:Job started a day later than scheduled due to their equipment being down. Job was originally scheduled for 5-7 days. Job actually took 2 weeks and salesman called into the third week saying the job was done. We have never had mold remediation done before and was selling our house. The explanation of how the job would go was vague at best. This is not a process we are familiar with having never been through it before. In the estimate there was a blanket statement of “any construction materials removed will not be replaced” (once again we were never explained anything about this process in regards to things being removed). Upon the job being completed the buyer noticed there was no mention of insulation replacement. We were 2 days from closing and had to hire someone to replace the insulation. The handyman hired to replace the insulation noticed other items had been removed by octagon. We were not left a list of items removed from the residence. I was just told by Matt Brown that “that’s why I gave you a referral of a weatherization company” for 8300$ one would think you might get a verbal explanation of items needing replacement or at least an itemized list. Hope we don’t need to go through this again because as Octagon will not be contacted again read lessJim D.
- Business Description:drywall , building, remodeling, painting, eletricalRecent Review:It was horrible. Paul held up the renovation for over two months because he often did not show up or made excuses why he had to leave early. He was a one-man show, which meant this added to the time for the job. This was not know to us when we hired him. Also, our contractor had to fire him at the end of the job because he just could not finish it. The work that he did do is some of the worse drywall I have ever seen. We were not on site until after the painting was done and could not believe the lack of professionalism. We had to hire another person to try and fix his bad job and get things repainted. Terrible experience read lessLynn K.
- Business Description:We are independently owned and operated locally, serving Maine since 1992. We have brightened the homes and lives of over 3000 customers over the years and hire only friendly and competent professional painters. Our core values are the basis for my business. They include respecting the individual, deliver what you promise, have pride in what we do and practice continuous improvement read lessRecent Review:I would stay away from this company. I was quoted $5000 to paint only certain sections of my house. Not the entire exterior. Just 2 sections that were in need of painting. The quote also included unnecessary "prep" work like power washing the wood siding and then what - painting over the wet wood? And charging extra to "prime" certain areas when the paint I requested is a paint/primer in one. List goes on and on. I'm in the industry. Please, get another quote before you throw away your hard earned money to these people read lessJeff L.
- Business Description:We are a family run business We specialize in taking our customers dreams and turning them into a reality. We offer different discounts thru out the year and we don't mind if you call to see what is being offered at any given time. We have flexible pay options and offer discounts to our Veterans read lessRecent Review:We contracted with HS Builders, owned by Henry and Suzanne Leathers, on 3/25/2014 to replace ten windows and gave them a partial payment of 1442.57 at signing of contract. This was 1/2 of material cost and a date in mid May was set for installation. We were confident that they would for fill their part of the contract. At the end of April we were notified by Suzanne Leathers that our windows were on a two week back order by the fabricator and that, due to their other commitments, they would not be able to install until July. This raised concerns, especially when we checked with the window company and were advised that they were on schedule, that they never have back orders. They did suggest we contact HSBuilders distributor as maybe he was behind. The distributor would give no information without HSB's OK. In the meantime we made many attempts to contact them that went unanswered. Once they finally returned our calls, Henry informed us that, since we went behind his back to investigate, he felt we were not a good match and he couldn't do business with us. They agreed to send our money back within 30 days. That time lapsed and they were given another 7 days which also lapsed. Suzanne Leathers, in an e-mail, pleaded for an installment agreement, even that lapsed without us seeing a cent. We contacted the AG's office for consumer mediation, they were unable to get anywhere with this business either. Nearly six months later we are out our money and windows. We fully understand that IF he had ordered the windows there would be a balance on them and have never considered the thought of getting the windows from him for the down payment cost alone as he is now suggesting we were expecting. We have never worked with a more dishonest, lying , contractor as this. He should not be allowed to steal peoples money. My husband is retired, we are on a fixed income. This just isn't right. We will, eventually, have the work done by trustworthy contractor, it won't be HS Builders who also go by H S dreambuilders. It's been a NIGHTMARE! <br / read lessAmy N.
- Recent Review:Everything went smooth from beginning to end. Ken was very involved with the planning and layout of our deck. He was also very accomadating when we changed our minds half way through. When it was all said and done we came in just under budget and got exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend KC Renovations and will use them again read lessMike C.
- Recent Review:It didn't. Sid Scott took our check for $4100.00 and cashed it the same day. We never saw him again. He never gave the money back and never did the work. <br />Linda E.
- Business Description:home improvement specialist,30 yrs experiance
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Find drywall contractors in
- Bryant Pond
- West Paris
- Livermore Falls
- South Paris
drywall contractors in Rumford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- D D Dyer Contracting279 Dover rd
- DAN GILMORE & CO.P.O Box 4006
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- daves home improvment30 wilson st
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- DOUG MERRILL & SON BUILDER INC211 OLD BATH RD
- Drywall By Design70 Park St
- D D Dyer Contracting
- Finish line painterspo box 319
- Finish line painters
- I&B construction and handy man services152 Mudgett Dr
Hyde Park, Vermont
- I&B construction and handy man services
- J.B Service30 Bridge St Apt 3
- J.B Service
- Maine RemodelingPO Box 41 138 Main Street
- Marshall Enterprises257 New Settlement Rd
- mid-maine drywall and paint1141 augusta rd
- Mike Rose Drywall
- Mike Smith bldg&remodeling incp.o.box 234
West Paris, Maine
- Morse Family Contracting209 Adams Rd
- Maine Remodeling
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service350 Rebel Hill Rd
Smyrna Mills, Maine
- Thomas Ciccones' Business Consultant Entrepreneur1135 North Wickham Road
- Timber Ridge Quality Homes22 Knights Rd
- TLC Painting28 Drummond Ave
- Tri Town Towing and Property Maintenance981 West River Rd
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service