If you notice water pooling in your basement, even though your sump pump seems fine, use our guide to help you find the source of your flooding.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 3 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in North Monmouth
- Worthington Basement Health SystemsGreat. 150 linear feet of french drain system. very well hidden. 2 sump pumps. 2 window well2 with 2 window drain to system done. very cleanly done.
- MIDCOAST WATERPROOFINGThey were prompt, easy to get a hold of and finished the job in a timely manner. Jobsite was left relatively clean - just a small pile of extra's in the corner. We appreciated their quick response. Foundation was waterproofed with both tar and styrofoam and coordination with the Foundation guys, was seamless
- Rohde BuildersAfter many unsuccessful attempts by my home's manufacturer to fix my leaking doors, I decided to call an independent builder to see if they could fix the problem. Mr. Rohde came to my home and immediately knew what the problem was. Whithin a week I had an estimate for the doors to be replaced. Mr. Rohde did inform me that he was currently working on another, but would order the doors and get them installed when he was finished. Mr. Rohde called me once he was available and arrived on time for the job. He wasted no time and got right to work. By the end of day one, I had a new front door. He came back later on in the month and replaced my back door. I was never quite satisfied with the work that the manufacturer had done on my home as far as the finish work was concerned. Mr. Rohde's work was by far superior! I love my new doors! They really have made a difference in the appearance of my home. Most importantly, they do not leak! Mr. Rohde also built a deck for the front of our home which made a big difference in its curb appeal. He is an excellent finish carpenter and takes pride in the quality of his work and materials. Mr. Rohde is the only carpenter in this area that I will use from now on
- TC Hafford Basement Systems IncTheir Rep came to assess our wet basement and make a recommendation. He stated that our proglem could be solved using their interior method, adding that remedies from the outside are usually not satisfying over time. Using a laptop, he made a diagram of the basement and added everything that needed to be installed with its cost. We decided on the spot to hire T.C. Hafford to install a complete basement system. We received written confirmation of the work, the cost, and service dates for installation within a short time. There were also instructions for how to prepare our basement, move objects out of the work area, and a notation for us to give our electrician about the exact electrical requirements for this system. The scheduling wait for the workmen to come perform the service was about ten weeks. There were no problems or confusion about the scheduling and the workers arrived just when expected. They were efficient and right on task the whole time they were here, which was three days. They were quiet - no radios, etc. The tech explained what they did and what we should have our electrician do. We feel comfortable that this is a very good investment in our home and are satisfied that the guarantees are sufficient for the future. This was a rare experience with service providers in that everyone did what they said they would do, when they said they would, and right according to specs. We would not hesitate to recommend T.C. Hafford
- Mural & Son IncI was not on hand while the work was being done until the last day. If I had anything that disturbed me ,it would be that the workers were too inconsiderate of the flowerbeds nearby. I called on a landscaper to repair.
- TC Hafford Basement Systems IncThe experience with them was excellent and we were very pleased. The person who did the initial review was very conscientious, gave a lot of options and discussed the situation with our basement. We were very impressed with the consultation. The actual installation of the dehumidifier was quick, fine and the person really knew what he was doing. He put the machine in at exactly where we wanted and it worked extremely well. For the price, I don’t have a comparison with that kind of machine
- New Leaf ConstructionNew Leaf does beautiful work. The contracts are detailed. I believe that the prices are very reasonable. I came from Denver where everything would have been much higher. The workmen are very professional and always clean up after which I liked. The end results are always just exactly what I wanted. New Leaf is very popular and it is wise to book well in advance. The only problem I had was not their fault. Dream Kitchen lied about the availability of a vanity during the remodeling of the master bath, delaying the completion by months. In the interim, New Leaf rigged up a vanity which made the bathroom usable for me, but made a lot of extra work for them. I am on their schedule for a tree removal when the ground freezes
- TC Hafford Basement Systems IncThe provider was very professional, punctual, and pleasant. Unfortunately we just bought this house and can't swing paying for a full waterproofing. It would involve putting drainage channels around the inside perimeter of our basement and pouring a new floor. Also it would involve installing a new sump pump (we had already installed one) and buying a new dehumidifier (we had already bought one). When these wear out, we will most likely contact TC Hafford to install bigger and better than what we have now. But he gave me some nice tips to deal with our issues in the interim. He didn't do a hard sell which increases the likelihood that we will use him in the future
- TC Hafford Basement Systems IncWe used them in the past and they were great. We wanted to use them again and they did not bother to return any of my phone calls.
- MIDCOAST WATERPROOFINGThe gentleman that I spoke with sounded older and very tired. He simply told me that he was too busy.
Basement Waterproofers in North Monmouth
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai..Recent Review:I called Octagon the day after we had an upstairs water leak. The next day, Octagan had scheduled a technician to assess the damage and set up the mitigation solutions to dry out the damage before mold could set in. Everyone from Octagon was friendly, professional and very responsive. If you need a fast, reliable and effective response, you will find it with OctagonStephen H.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:We have been in the building trade for 25 years and added specialty weatherization 6 years ago. We are certified contractors for Maine State Housing Authority and Efficiency Maine. We are EPA Certified Lead Safe Renovators and fully insured. BPI Certified.Recent Review:Horrible Job! This outfit changed their appointment times at least five times before actually starting the job. They blew cellulose insulation into our east bedroom attic, but had complete disregard for the mess they created. They ran the discharge hose up through an open ceiling hatch with no attempt at sealing the opening. As a result, cellulose debris & dust was EVERYWHERE! It took my wife and me several hours of vacuuming, washing items, shaking out blankets and rugs, and serious dusting to get the spaces back somewhat civilizedPete G.
- Business Description:At ACAR, we are a small friendly, family run business since 2001. My wife, Sue, and I live in the community and look forward to developing long term relationships with our customers. You are not and never will be treated as a number. ACAR is an AAA approved auto repair facility and our technicians are AAA and ASE Certified and have come from the ranks of the new car dealerships and are required to continue updating their skills. This is done through factory training, on the job training and t..Recent Review:Called Al's Certified Auto repair..which advertised quality service at a fair price .. we needed a starter replacement..they were not willing to give any guesstimate over the phone but was willing to look at it the next day..so we had it towed in and dropped off...received a call the next day and was told it would cost 580.00 for the repair..shocked at the cost I asked why so high and was told the starter alone was over 312.00 but it had a lifetime parts warranty and diagnostics and labor came to a total of 580.00...believing them I agreed..shortly later I decided to call a few auto parts stores and found out there are only three different available type starters for my vehicle.. one for 152.00. One for 169.00 and a premium starter for 194.00 all came with a full lifetime warranty..having recently moved here I decided to call our previous mechanic and explained the situation..I was told it takes less than an hr to replace the starter because of its location and two bolt installation and diagnosing the problem was less than 15 mins time at the very most and unless the starter was gold plated they were excessively marking up the parts cost....well I called the repair shop and asked him where he was getting this starter and wouldn't you know..they got the starter from one of the places I called and he admitted to marking up the part but only after I caught him in this blatant lie... But even after this I asked why I was being charged so much for labor... again more lies..over 53.00 to diagnose it and then another 1 and half hrs to install it at a labor rate of 100hr... plus a shop fee of 28.57 again excessive for a shop fee...These guys were really milking me for whatever they thought they could get...live and learn I guess but I did write a local review...and shortly after this I received a call from the owner Al....I explained my concerns and he agreed to lower the cost but only if I agreed to remove a review that I had immediately posted after speaking with his desk clerk....the owner claimed that he charges more because he gives his customers a 3yr labor warranty and uses only the finest parts.. he lowered my repair bill by 250.00 and said he would leave the premium starter in and continued to try and justify the excessive costs with more smoke and mirrors....I agreed to remove the review which I did being a man of my word and paid the shop....in short and in all absolute honesty this shop has a predatory business model that cannot be denied ...and all the smoke and mirrors in the universe cannot disguise that... he gets his parts from the same place everyone else does..Auto parts stores and he gets a big discount..a small mark up is expected but not over double the cost... and if I wanted to purchase a labor warranty for an additional 250.00 on a starter that only cost 152.00 and already has a lifetime warranty I would of preferred to be asked......he also again lied because the lowest cost starter was installed not the premium starter..we checked it..it was indeed a remanufactured starter for 152.00 retail cost. We have since spoke with other neighbors and friends and found a reputable repair shop who actually offers quality service at a fair price and whenever we drive by Al's certified Auto repair and his always almost empty parking lot we thank god we found out early on about this dishonest, corrupt little shop of horrors. Stay far away...and warn others... afterwards we read some local reviews and this place has got quite a reputation for its customer satisfaction rating...never again !!Dan T.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..
- Business Description:New Leaf Construction is the best small contractor that helps home owners take care of their homes. We are a company built on the core values of Integrity, Service, and Excellence, with a focus on quality and open honesty. Our work comes with a guarantee and we stand behind it every day. All of our services are provided under the umbrella of a full insurance policy (available in writing to any client upon request) and we are pleased to offer free estimating as well. We feel the rapidly-increa..Recent Review:Our experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf ConstructionSarah G.
- Business Description:Established in 1987, Universal Home Renovations has over 125 years of combined experience in the building and remodeling trade. We are a privately owned Corporation, family operated & managed.Recent Review:It was terrible. They did not complete the service. I have a case against them in court. From May 15, they were supposed to wrap up by June 20 but they didn’t finish it. They were pretty much fraud. They took the money and left. Don’t use them at all. He is just going to take the money and run. He has done to several people and I’m one of the victims. It’s good to be away from this company. The case is within the attorneys general office. Better Business Bureau is investigating this company. They might face criminal charges too. That’s the trick. They try to be cheaper but they don’t do the work. I won’t use them. He should be in jailChhabi N.
- Recent Review:Everything went smooth from beginning to end. Ken was very involved with the planning and layout of our deck. He was also very accomadating when we changed our minds half way through. When it was all said and done we came in just under budget and got exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend KC Renovations and will use them againMike C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Water-powered sump pumps can help your basement last for decades. But is it the best fit for you? This guide will provide you with the pros and cons of these backup sump pumps.
When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
waterproofing contractors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ACAR316 State St
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- Sustainable Structures, Inc.PO Box 45
- Sustainable Structures, Inc.
- TC Hafford Basement Systems Inc356 North Berwick Rd. #7
- TC Hafford Basement Systems Inc