Your front door should make a great first impression. This guide presents all the types of front doors available to purchase, from steel to solid wood to wrought iron, and also includes important tips to know before you hand over your credit card.
Get matched with top door installers in Bowdoinham, ME
There are 12 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Bowdoinham
- A & D RenovationsExcellent. I would recommend Dennis and his crew to anyone. They did a fantastic job in a timely manner and helped get me and my dog reunited in our comfy new home. He also communicated with me regularly so that I always knew what was going on. Thank you Dennis!
- Sunshine Contracting CorporationInstallers arrived on time, however, the 1st guy did not speak english, so he just propped the door open and got started. 15 minutes later, 2 other guys arrived who spoke english, so I was able to communicate. Great install, and they cleaned up so well, you would never have known they were there. Love our window
- Upright Building ServicesFred did a great job on our house! This was the second time we've had Upright work on our home, and we were just as pleased as the first time. To start, our front door was extremely drafty. Fred essentially rebuilt the frame, installed our new door and storm doors, and he also used spray foam insulation to ensure that no air would be leaving or entering the house. The frame was tricky to repair because the original work was just... bad... but Fred did a great job fixing it all up. Next, he installed new flooring and trim work. Again, the quirks of an older house made the job difficult, but the end result is amazing and just what my wife and I envisioned. Fred is a personable guy and a hard worker, and next time we need work, we will be giving him another call
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsWorkmanship was excellent. Fast service. Cleaned up area when job was finished. Very professional. Would highly recommend.
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsGreat! The project went very well and we could not be more pleased. They worked with us to get exactly what we wanted and they were quick and clean. Definetly recommend and will use in the future. Prices beyond reasonable with great craftmanship! Everyone was very nice and willing to please!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCWorking with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!
- Upright Building ServicesContacted him on May 21 simply for a quote to replace a commercial grade steel door & frame. He didn't go by until June 3. He gave me a quote verbally on June 9 of $125/hr for up to two 8-hour days, said he could do the job the following week if I sent the money. I kept asking for an invoice, he told me he was busy, so eventually on June 19 he asked for my e-mail. When I sent him my billing info, he said he needed to go by to give me an estimate and he'd charge $340 just for that. At which point I finally realized I needed to find someone who would take the job seriously. Seems like a nice guy otherwise
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsDoug Moore is a dependable, honest hard worker. The quality of his work is excellent. He is also enthusiastic about his job. He will help you to pick out designs. He works in a timely fashion to get it done. I would definitely recommend him.
- Mooers (than just) Home ImprovementsWork was performed efficiently and quickly. It was a pleasure doing business with Moore’s Home Improvements.
- A & H Improvements Inc.We hired Joe Fenderson of A&H Improvements Inc / AH Custom Builder Inc in Sept 2020. He was hired to install/replace 13 windows, 2 sliding doors, 1 front door, patch plywood sheathing, rewrap house, install siding, replace exterior trim, and install 12 ft by 38 ft deck. We paid our first payment to Joe and the project was scheduled to start November 2nd 2020. His crew started November 11th 2020 and worked on the project variously until February 22nd 2021. A&H completed the windows (1 leaks), sliders (1 broken frame), and front door installation, 65% of the sheathing replacement, and partially finished the interior window trim. His crew was a revolving door of carpenters. Each time a new carpenter came to the house they always had to correct mistakes the previous ones made, our front door was reinstalled 3 times. The crew damaged one of the sliders frames during the install. Which at first they denied responsibility and blamed it on the supplier of the door, when that failed they tried to say we damaged it during storage. Luckily, one of us was home the entire time and heard them break it. Joe agreed to replace the broken frame and stated he would subtract the cost out of the final payment. The laborers also wrongfully demo'd and trashed 3 windows interior trim that was not in the scope of the project. At this point in the project, we paid our first and second payment. We also had two change orders that were paid for. We made three attempts to contact Joe starting on February 22nd to coordinate a time frame for when the siding and deck would be installed. We received no communication until March 19th 2021 stating that he could not complete our project due to employee issues and could offer us a refund for the uncompleted work. We agreed on taking the refund and sent Joe a spreadsheet breaking down what we feel would be a fair refund based on work completed on March 23rd. Joe replied back on March 24th stating “The numbers seem to be in the ball park of what I was thinking but I will need to take a look at your file to compare your list to mine...tomorrow afternoon”. Joe came to collect trash and his tools from the house on March 25th. He again verbally agreed that the number we gave him was in the ball park of what he was thinking and that we would receive our refund in 1-2 days. No communication was received from Joe for 5 days, on April 1st we emailed him asking for an update. April 5th we emailed him again stating that we needed to have our refund by April 12th or we will have to escalate the situation. April 12th we received an email from Joe stating that he had family issues and that we would hear from him on April 13th. We have not had any communication with him since. We now have filed a formal complaint through the attorney general's office and are hoping that Joe will refund the money that we are owed so we can finish protecting the exterior of our house before we start to get mold and water damage. We are first-time home buyers and we had been saving up for this project for many years. To say we are upset is an understatement. We thought Joe was a good person when we hired him, but we were just hurt, devastated, and disappointed. I still hope that he will realize scamming people out of their hard earned money is not the way to make his
Door Installers in Bowdoinham
- Business Description:Regal Replacement Windows is a full service window company. We sell and install the best replacement windows in the industry. Our partnership with Soft-lite, Harvey, Paradigm, Marvin and Andersen assure that you receive beautiful windows with the quality craftsmanship you deserve and Energy Star performance for maximum efficiency. The choices are endless when it comes to style, color and patterns. All of our windows are American Made (Paradigm is actually Maine Made!) and have a 20 year g..
- Business Description:Renewal by Andersen of Portland, ME is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the southern Maine area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition since 1903 of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of..Recent Review:They provided outstanding service and quality in replacing every window and most doors in our home during a frigid week in March. All crew members were beyond professional and made the experience surprisingly smooth. The home is over 200 years old and required extensive work to remove the old windows and restore wood around the frames. The result was beautiful smoothly operating windows that look astonishingly close to the Colonial originals and we couldn't be happier with the result. Windows that glide open and shut and a 200% improvement in the insulation of the house! We have had so many compliments from friends & neighbors on how much more sunshine and clarity we now have without compromising the original Colonial character that we value. Everyone at the company has been a pleasure to work with and we can recommend Andersen of Portland with complete confidencewendy h.
- Business Description:Then Window Source is the perfect destination for you. We offer the highest-quality replacement windows available at factory-direct pricing. We guarantee our customers get a premium, energy-efficient product for a fraction of the cost of our competitors’ models. No need to shop at the Big Box stores ever again. That’s the Window Source advantage. Need more than just windows? We also specialize in sliding doors, patio doors, and vinyl siding. Just fill out the quick form below and we’ll have ..Recent Review:Craig the installer did a great job. I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy the windows were - i picked window source's mid-tier level window. The day after my windows were installed the first storm of the season (snow, rain & ice) arrived and the windows completely performed as they should. I never realized what in eyesore my old windows were until i had these installed. i cant even tell how the wrapping on the windows improved the look of my house! I would definitely recommend window source & i did to a family member. Also, their quote process was quick, 1/2 hour to get a price. Window Source wasn't on my radar while i was requesting quotes on angie's list but they came up as a recommendation & i can't tell you how glad i am I hired Window Source to install all my new windows. A friend had windows installed by a popular chain & Window Source beat the quality and look hands down! If you are like me nervous about hiring a contractor you really know nothing about - i am here to tell you will be happy you hired Window Source. Thank you window source for making my 55 year old house look new!!Jane D.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..Recent Review:It went incredible. He came in and did an estimate. What I had in my mind, he did it better. I have dogs and he totally understood that I love my dogs. He was great at telling me what I would and wouldn't need because of my dog. He fixed some things that the last person did wrong. He gave me all the information and let me make the decisions. He got here early and finished on time. We already have another project in the works. He is a very honest manEllen C.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Fortin Construction, Inc., started over 25 years ago, is now the largest home construction company in Maine. As Maine's premier home builder our family-run company specializes in customization. Whether it’s for a new home or a remodel, we work with you to build exactly what you want. Our in-house drafters have experience in all types of home design plans and can customize your home to your heart’s desire. We provide top quality materials and the finest workmanship at competitive prices, earni..Recent Review:Fortin Construction offers everything you need to build a new home in one stop. Budget and schedule were spot on. All materials used are name brand quality. Dedicated service guy for one year after completion is a very nice touch. Best of all Fortin was able to locate/position my home providing a bone-dry basement in an area which makes that almost impossible. Would highly recommend. Well done!Craig H.
- Business Description:Eastern Shore Home Improvement is a locally, family run business. We have been in business for 30 years. We Offer Detailed Quotes, Quality Work at Quality PricingRecent Review:I called and left a message about our needs. The office called back and shared that they don’t come as far as our town. I’m certainly OK with that. Not a review per se, but simply wanted to share how impressed I am that they took the time to return my callDan T.
- Business Description:We are a full service general contractor that can provide complete oversight and completion of your project or just a partial part of it. I have over 30 years in the remodeling and new construction business with over 19 years in business as Dave johnson Building/ Remodeling. We take great pride in taking any size project from initial thought/design to completion with great care as to the home owners desires as well as the strucural integrity of the project.We will gather your ideas and often ..Recent Review:Working with Dave and his crew was awesome! Dave is very honest and does quality work. The site was always left clean at the end of the day. The work done was top notch! I highly recommend Dave Johnson!!Jackie M.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:207 Crown is a local company serving southern Maine with quality and affordable finish work, doors/windows, wainscoting, crown molding, kitchen and bathroom remodeling.Recent Review:They were super professional and they get the job done quickly. Everything was really good.Amanda ❤️ T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
There are many types of door locks available to homeowners, and each has their own benefits, drawbacks, and uses. This guide breaks down the most common types of door locks, what their attributes are, and in what cases you should consider using them.
The front door is the first thing most people will notice about your home, which is why even small upgrades can give you curb appeal a big boost. This guide lists seven changes you can make to your front door that will have a big impact.
Find door installers in
- West Bath
- Lisbon Falls
- West Gardiner
door installers in Bowdoinham
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A+ Garage Doors26 Split Rock Road
North Yarmouth, Maine
- A-1 remodeling services
- Above & Beyond LLC524 Lincoln St
- Ace Drywall and remodeling146 west grand ave
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Advanced Replacement Windows221 Virginia St
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- Always Somethin' Home Improvement44 Graham St
- ANDROSCOGGIN BUILDING AND REMODELING21 MAIN RD
- Aube's Home Improvement44 Towle St
- Auburn Frame to Finish55 Buckfield Rd
- A+ Garage Doors
- Backshore Home Improvement520 Gray Rd.
- Bagala Wood & Window Work677 Main St
- Beaulieu Builders56 Acorn Ridge Rd
- BECKER CONSTRUCTION6 RUSSELL RD
West Poland, Maine
- Bios Inc17 Patrick Dr
- Blanche Builders Construction Co. 1239 Weeks Mills Rd
- BOB'S OVERHEAD DOOR CO1 Deschaine Dr
- Bonafide Builders LLC591 Poland Road
- Backshore Home Improvement
- campbells custom carpentry247 east ave
- Castonguay&Son24 Fortin Drive
- CAVALLARO AUTO REPAIR959 MAIN ST
- CertaPro Painters of Maine740 STROUDWATER ST
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- CUSTOM EXTERIORS2044 Washington Ave
- campbells custom carpentry
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Services Of Maine9 Charles Rd.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Hardt's Construction477 Bowdoinham Rd
- Home Conceptions IncPO Box 460
- Hour Glass Company619 Main St
South Portland, Maine
- Humble Handyman46 Union St
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- M.R. Brewer, Inc.91 Bell Street
- Maine RemodelingPO Box 41 138 Main Street
- Mainely Kitchens and Baths26 York St
- Marshall Enterprises257 New Settlement Rd
- Marvin Design Gallery by Eldredge317 Marginal Way
- MC DONALD'S HOME IMPROVEMENT161 PEARL ST
- McCulloch Construction101 Berry rd.
- M.R. Brewer, Inc.
- Overhead Door Co533 Riverside Industrial Pkwy
- Overhead Door Co
- PDQ Door - West Bath209A State Rd
- Port Builders LLC4 Murch Rd
- Portland Glass of Biddeford150 Alfred St
- Portland Glass of Brunswick261 Bath Rd
- Portland Glass of Lewiston865 Lisbon St
- Portland Glass of Portland832 Congress St
- Portland Glass Of Raymond1269 Roosevelt Trl
- Portland Glass of Springvale (Sanford)645 Main St
- Portland Glass of Westbrook865 Spring St
- Portland Locksmith300 Rand Rd
- Precision Property Maintenance27 grove st
Lisbon Falls, Maine
- PDQ Door - West Bath
- S&B Property Management234 whittemore rd
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- SPR Real Estate Painting and Renovation4 Scamman St Ste 19-316
- Ste-Mar Inc41 Jeanne St
- Steven Shugars and Company, Inc.PO BOX 184
- STRAIGHT LINE ROOFING & SIDING, INC.PO Box 3101
- S&B Property Management
- Upright Building Services2061 Hallowell Rd .
- Upright Building Services