Bathrooms don’t have to be boring; redo your tiling to create a lively new look. Try some of the top bathroom tile trends, such as metallics, wood finishes, and patterned neutrals.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Essex, MD
There are 221 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Essex
- Kitchen SaverTim Mitchell was my kitchen installer and he did a phenomenal job! He was very punctual, he cleaned up each day before he went home and he was just a genuinely very nice person. His carpentry skills were wonderful. I had a difficult job that required a lot of problem solving and Tim was on it and solved every issue that came up and left me with a stunning kitchen. His attention to detail made my kitchen renovation sheer perfection, he didn’t miss not one small detail and I am beyond happy with the service I received. Jason in sales did a nice job and was always available for any questions I had, he wanted to make sure I was happy and he went above and beyond to ensure that
- S & J Painting & RemodelingI can't say enough about S&J from start to finish! The owner Jerry came out and did the original estimate and was very pleasant and informative. I then had some questions a few weeks later and wanted to change a few things, so his partner Steve came back out and talked things over with me and he was also super helpful and pleasant to work with! They are both honest stand up guys! Stacey who handles the scheduling kept me informed through the whole process, and she was also great to work with! I never once felt like I was left in the dark on any aspect with this project. Alias did the actual work and he was AWESOME! Super nice and easy to work with! He was so patient and explained everything to me with each step along the way. He took his time and you could tell he takes pride in his work and wants to make sure the customer is happy with the job! I really can't thank Alias enough for all his effort on my project! I am so happy with how everything turned out! Thank you Alias and S&J !!!
- Kitchen SaverKitchen Savers and their installer Craig Newton did an amazing job. We feel like we got a brand new kitchen.
- S & J Painting & RemodelingExcellent job from start to finish. Recently had my basement finished and plumbing installed for a bathroom by another company. While I was happy with the job done by the other company for the basement, the price to do the bathroom was entirely too much. After interviewing several companies I found S and J to be thorough in their estimate of the work that needed to be done, time, and pricing. Steve did a wonderful job with the estimate of the work that needed to be done and was accessible when I had questions. Elias and another worker did the install. Elias made sure that I was happy with the placement of a few items and offered ideas to help me along the way. They showed up on time and cleaned up after each visit. They also practiced Covid-19 saftey. I am extremely happy with the job done. The bathroom completes my home gym. I really enjoy my shower after a hard workout
- Kitchen Saverit was great! Everyone I worked with from the office and scheduling to the salesman and the installers, they were on time, cleaned up after themselves, friendly and together they seemed to work like a well oiled machine. I'm very happy with my kitchen. Mike Lilli was the cabinet man and he did a fantastic job, very detailed and a real craftsman in his work
- S & J Painting & RemodelingEverything went perfect. Elias did an excellent job. He was punctual and kept us updated every step of the way. He cleaned up perfectly every night. Everything was installed to our exact specifications. We will continue to use S&J for any future projects.
- Kitchen SaverKitchen Saver was great to work with, especially during the time of COVID-19. The salesman came out to my house masked and gloved and described the entire process in detail. Another person came out to measure, also masked and gloved. The installer, Craig Newton, was exceptional in attention to detail and in professionalism. He answered my every question and concern, and wore his mask at all times. Everyone from Kitchen Saver was professional, helpful, and cheerful
- VKB Kitchen & BathThe project manager of the remodel, Jason, was always in contact with me about when workers would be at the house and to see how everything was going. He also stopped by the house to check on the work. Ismar, the head employee of the job, was very good. He put down tarps to cover the floors and put plastic about the furniture and cabinet in bathroom. He also put up plastic between the bathroom and the bedroom to minimize the dust. The workers were very professional. The tile work in the shower was great. They also had to hang some drywall to fix a closet and paint it. It looks like that was always how the closet was. The shower come out beautiful. I would highly recommend the company and would differently use them again
- VKB Kitchen & BathWe chose VKB mainly on its reviews on this website. Overall the experience was very positive. We were pleased to learn that VBK did not charge a fee upfront to design the kitchen. Calvin (kitchen designer) made excellent suggestions to improve our original vision and was responsive to changes to the design. Calvin convinced us to choose wood floor and crown molding, and the type of range hood, and he was right on all counts! Because of the smooth design process with Calvin and reasonable price, we decided to sign on with VBK over other companies. The implementation phase had some bumps: the design drawings that Jason (project manager) and Ismar (crew leader) started with were not the updated version, but thankfully that was quickly rectified. In addition there were some misunderstanding on the scope of the painting area, but Calvin agreed to honor what we had discussed verbally, even though it was not spelled out in the contract. Jason listened and patiently explained the project process, and kept asking to make sure that we were happy with the progress. For example, he agreed to redo the placement of the undercabinet lights. He also accommodated our desire to donate our old cabinets to Habitat for Humanity, and Ismar and his crew carefully took the down the cabinets and stored them in our garage for pickup later in the week. Ismar, Luis, and the rest of the crew did a fantastic job installing and painting everything, and their experience showed in disguising the fact that our walls were not straight and the floor was not even. We were also impressed with the laser tools that they used to guide cabinet and light placements. The crew was careful, meticulous, and respectful, and they cleaned up throughly every day. There were other crews handling the flooring and countertops, who also did top notch work, and all were coordinated like clockwork by Jason. Along the way, we learned some lessons and offer the following advice: if you are particular about the placement of your celling lights, electrical outlets and switches, let the crew know, and they will do their best to accommodate. Also, pay attention to every single detail in the contract; if not specified, there can be a misunderstanding, and a deviation may require a change order and extra expense. Overall, we were extremely pleased with the excellent quality of the work, and even though there was a delay in the backsplash order, the job finished as projected. We definitely recommend VKB, and we love our new kitchen. Jason -- we are happy
- VKB Kitchen & BathI interviewed several contractors for my main bathroom remodel and chose VKB for their professionalism, design, and overall approach to the process. My objective was to have a large shower with a seat since the existing shower was the size of a phone booth and the bathroom configuration presented challenges. From the very first meeting with the design consultant, BURJU, I was impressed with her ideas and suggestions and her willingness to work within my established budget. She didn't recommend or suggest unnecessary or unwanted over the top items that would have blown my budget. Project manager, JASON, was on top of everything, stayed in touch with me almost daily, made sure I had all the correct cabinets and fixtures, provided me with his cell number, and asked each time if I had any questions. Last and certainly not least, MARVIN, the wonderful person who actually did all the nitty gritty hard work, worked nonstop to give me the bathroom of my dreams. I've never seen anyone work so hard and with the precision and perfectionism as he did. I absolutely love my new bathroom and would not hesitate to hire this team again. If you want beautiful, quality work, VKB is the place to go
Home Remodeling Contractors in Essex
- Business Description:I am an all purpose home improvement and general contractor, with a BS degree in business from Towson university and have a wide array of experience in all types of home improvements. Although I specialize in additions, general remodeling, roofing and siding, I have a full team of people available to handle most improvement needs. You work directly with the owner, not a sub or salesman, who has done all of the work over the years, at all times. I will do all permit work, material ordering, so..Recent Review:Excellent service. The owner wasn’t able to make it to my home so he sent his contractors and they made sure I felt very secure with service they performed before they left my house. They even fix some defects on my neighbors roof to insure the damage would impact my roof going furtherLinda D.
- Business Description:https://www.flagshipremodeling.com/ Flagship Home Remodeling is a Veteran-owned residential and commercial remodeling company made up of trusted construction professionals serving the Baltimore-Metropolitan area. We believe nothing is more personal and cherished than your home. Because of this, clients who trust us to enter their homes and transform their spaces get quality work that exceeds their expectations. With collective years of experience working in residential and commercial remode..Recent Review:It went really well and it looks good. They were really nice and affordable. They were great.Brian D.
- Business Description:When it comes to providing modern professional assistance with planning home improvement and renovation projects, IRG is one of the best in the Baltimore/Washington D.C area. We are truly dedicated to easily guiding home owners throughout the entire home renovation process from, planning the scope of work planning, budgets, schedules, contracting and so much more! Integrity Real Estate Group's proven time tested system will guarantee your project’s completion and success, making your dream ..Recent Review:Exceptionally well, very professional company and staff. Amazing work.Trae C.
- Business Description:Glover Investments and Construction has been working in the residential and commercial rehab business for over 10 years. We specialize in full rehabs and partial rehabs – kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and additions. No job too big, no job too small, WE DO IT ALLRecent Review:It went well. They were professional and have fair prices.Nneka N.
- Business Description:At Bottom Line Remodeling, we take pride in the quality of our work and strive for the highest level of professionalism and offer a 36 month workmanship warranty. We've been in business for more than 17 successful years, and back our services with more than 30 years of experience. You always deal with Robert Nally, the owner when you choose Bottom Line Remodeling. Our family-owned-and-operated business is looking forward to serving you. Choose Bottom Line Remodeling and Construction Company, ..
- Business Description:Creative Equity Builders is a general contracting company specializing in major kitchen and bathroom renovations. You can expect that when you hire our company that you will be given a unique and custom tailored design to fit your lifestyle. Rest assure that your project will be organized and executed even better then anticipated. Call us today to schedule an appointment and hear exciting new ideas for your remodel. Satisfaction GuaranteedRecent Review:Shawn and his crew were very professional. They answered all one million and one of my questions and never got irritated with me. I'm actually ready to adopt Justin. I would definitely recommend Creative Equity Builders to my friends, family and co-workers. Looking forward to working with you guys again to get the rest of my house donekeith t.
- Business Description:Company Motto: WHEN WE'RE DONE, YOU'LL BE HAPPY, IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY, WE'RE NOT DONE. It's more than just a motto, it's our Company-Heartbeat. Family owned and operated, we have been serving Maryland Home owners since 1989. Tim Munson is a working owner, available to all his clients on a daily basis. We refuse to bid to subcontractors and give a FIVE YEAR FREE LABOR WARRANTY ON ALL OUR WORK. Member of BBB and the Maryland Improvement Contractors Association. MHIC License 37105. Angie's list m..Recent Review:They just completed a 3-season room and deck for us and it looks great. 5-star rating for the end product for sure. The builders and installers all did a great job. They were friendly and willing to answer any questions I asked. The cleanup crew of one did a fabulous job. The salesman, David Hill, was very helpful and responsive throughout the process. A pleasure to work with for sure. If I were to ignore the fact that we signed the contract in March 2020, at the beginning of what became an unprecedented pandemic, and the build did not complete until February 2021, this review might have been far less positive. We were initially anticipating completion by July 2020. But who’d have known how the pandemic would eventually affect suppliers, inventory availability, inspector availability, and more. There were so many delays that appear to have been out of everyone’s control. Marc, our project manager, seemed overwhelmed at times trying to coordinate all the various activities for this project. Multiply that by all the other projects AES might have had going on at the same time and all the pandemic-caused impacts to suppliers and inspection offices in different jurisdictions with different COVID-19 mandates, I’m sure it was a nightmare. Still, I wish communications and coordination could have been more timely. But job-well done at the end of the day. The wait was worth itRick C.
- Business Description:12 Months Same as Cash up to $30,000 Projects. Here at J. Scott Designs, we are a veteran owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of quality home improvement services. You will find us to be competitively priced with close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction! Offered Roofing, siding, win..Recent Review:It went great. I was amazed how little debris was left after the entire old tile floor was removed . The huge mirror is so sharp. The lighting is perfect w dimmer...they installed a larger vanity than the old one. Also when they discovered the window frame needed replacing.they took care of that. The floor wasn't level. They made sure that was corrected. They did a thorough job. I love my new bathroomTom D.
- Business Description:Specializing in all phases of remodeling for kitchens and bathrooms! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:This review is 2 stars because the installer, Alex, did a really great job. Alex, if you’re reading this, you deserve better and you shouldn’t work for this company. I don’t normally write reviews, even when I have a bad experience, but this experience was so nightmarish that I feel personally compelled to make sure that no one else signs a contract with Old Bay Remodeling. I signed my agreement with Old Bay Remodeling on May 5, 2021. The job was not complete until September 15, 2021, even though Alex the installer was in my house for a total of 11 business days. These people are completely incompetent, disrespectful, and are liars. They will never return your phone calls or emails. The only time a conversation will be initiated is to ask for a check, which they will promptly cash. The disrespect: between the signing of the agreement and finally starting the job, I was no call no showed three (3) separate times. I can understand that home improvement is crazy during Covid times. However, to not call to say they can’t make it is 100% unacceptable. My wife and I moved our schedules around to make this work, and we couldn’t get a simple phone call. Furthermore, these people were screening my calls because they didn’t want to talk to me to explain why I was no call no showed. The incompetence: whenever I was lucky enough to get someone on the phone, they had absolutely no idea what was going on. Christina, the person in charge of scheduling, literally had no clue what the installer’s schedule was. One excuse I was given for being no call no showed was that the installer went on vacation and didn’t tell anybody. The lies: besides the obvious lies of when anybody would show up, both Christina and the field project manager, Chris, each told me that there would be a cleaning crew that would come after the installer was done to clean. When Alex was wrapping up, I asked Christina when the cleaning crew would come and she instantly started backpedaling saying that Alex and his helpers usually do a pretty good job of cleaning. When I said OK, but you and Chris each told me that a cleaning crew would come, she said that they’d come the next day. As of this writing, it is three days after job completion, and of course no one is answering the phone. Bonus incompetence: both Chris and Christina mentioned the cleaning crew completely on their own. Had they not said anything about it at all, I wouldn’t even have this expectation. I know the owner, Jerome, reads these reviews because I have seen him respond to others. Jerome, if you’re reading this, I would love to hear your weak response to thisPhilip A.
- Business Description:As an essential business, we remain open form your remodeling and plumbing needs. The safety of our customers and employees are our main concern. We carefully follow the guidelines set forth by the governor regarding work safety and social distancing. And as one of the oldest companies in Maryland, we will be here in the future. Contact our remodeling & plumbing company at (443) 574-6965 in Catonsville, MD for any of your plumbing service or remodeling needsRecent Review:From start to finish I was treated like family. Pat was our contractor and helped us through every step as this was our first major remodel project. Tom and Leslie performed the work and were nothing short of amazing. We had a leaky shower and a severely dated bathroom and by the end of this project we no longer have any leaks and our bathroom looks fantastic and luxurious. I have a toddler and 2 cats who ran around and both Tom and Leslie were not bothered and gave them such good attention and love. I would absolutely use them for any upcoming projects we had. Sorry about all the stairs! 10/10 would recommendAlex G.
Deals in Essex for Home Remodeling
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
You want the best contractor for your project, so interview several people before hiring anyone. If they ask any of these questions, find someone else.
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
Find home remodeling contractors in
- Middle River
- Sparrows Point
- White Marsh
- Perry Hall
- Curtis Bay
- Brooklyn Park
- Glen Arm
home remodeling contractors in Essex
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & B Home Improvement111 Riverside Drive
- A & F Construction Services9705 Mill Centr Ste 603
- A & K masonry and concrete LLC11540 Philadelphia rd
- A Finer Touch Inc2009 Helton Ave.
Bel Air, Maryland
- A Professional Construction Co. LLC621 n edgewood st Baltimore
- A R Crowell Plumbing906 Montgomery St
- A TO Z CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN2901 GARNET RD
- A to Z Plumbing Inc.3005 Hudson St
- A TO Z REPAIRS INC3903 FALLS RD
- A TOUCH OF BRASS9052 CHEVROLET DR
Ellicott City, Maryland
- A&A Refinishing Services956 Cedar Grove Ave
- A&M Remodeling & Conduction Corp1910 Walnut Ave
- A&N contracting2275 fourseasons dr.
- A-1 Decks & Home Improvements1300 Old Mountain Rd. South
- A-1 Renovations LLC6942 Millbrook Park Dr
- A-Plus Contracting, LLC232 Kershaw Ct
- A-Z Home Enhancements, Inc.503 Cedarwood Ct
Bel Air, Maryland
- A. F. Hunter Company LLC6636 Washington Blvd #57
- A.A. Remodeling, LLC.2711 Moores Valley Dr
- A.H. JUNIOR GENERAL CONTRACTOR INC.3020 Clayton Road
- A.M. Builders11962 Queen St
- A/1 Heating & Air Conditioning Inc406 Lucabaugh Mill Rd Ste C3
- A2Z Kitchen and Bath10904 Kathleen Ct
- Abbott's Plumbing6149 Washington Blvd
- Abbyart Decorative Painting6229 Bird Race
- Abend Plumbing And Heating LLC407 Bon Air Ave
- abikat costruction llc2376 Daniels Rd
Ellicott City, Maryland
- About Time Windows100 N. Essex Ave
- Above Excellence LLC539 47th Street
- Absolute Contracting Corp151 Carvel Beach Rd
Curtis Bay, Maryland
- ABW Appliances Showroom: Silver Spring 8951 Brookville Rd
Silver Spring, Maryland
- ACCENT REMODELING937 SOUTHRIDGE RD
- Accessible Solutions Inc.4482 Owensville Sudley
- Ace Handyman Services of Central Maryland6235 Sykesville Rd
- Ace Home Improvement LLC4473 Southern Business Pk Dr
White Plains, Maryland
- ACTION CONTRACTING AND HOME REMODELING10904 KATHLEEN CT
- Adonai Remodeling447 N Armistead St
- ADR Builders LTD1850 York Rd. Suite H Rear
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
- ADVANCE REMODELING2526 N Charles St
- Advanced Restoration Technology IncPO Box 16251
- ADW llc29 laurence brooke road
- Aerostar Contracting, LLC1820 Lower Forty Lane
- AES Builder & Home Improvements6915 Golden Ring Rd
- Affordable Contracting330 Eagle Harbor South
- Affordable Home Services3664 Benson Ave
- AFTERNOON PLUMBING LLC1315 conquistador drive
- AG General Contractor8117 Carroll Ave
Takoma Park, Maryland
- AG-ECO5620 Plymouth rd
- Ahmed Construction LLC5315 Liberty Heights Ave
- AHR Contractors,Inc.9609 Mendoza Rd.
- Airrid Restoration6100 Frederick Rd
- AJ Construction & Development LLC9244 E Hampton Dr Ste 612
Capitol Heights, Maryland
- AJ Michaels4512 York Rd
- AK Contracting LLC3944 Setonhurst Rd
- Aksent Interior Design64 Central Ave W
- Alashek Contracting957 Rosedale Ave
- Alexander Design & Build Group11502 Nevis Dr
- Alexander Plumbing Services Inc3214 Cedar Church Rd
- Alger Electric15 Mt Wilson Ln
- All American Intelligent Solutions707 E. Ordnance Road, Suite 404
- ALL AMERICAN WINDOWS & SIDING INC408 Main St Ste A
- All Counties Fire And Water Mitigation8201 Cloverleaf Dr
- All Interiors Repair Contractor, Inc.6530 Corkley rd. .
- All Star Builders10562 Edwardian Ln
NEW MARKET, Maryland
- All Trades Building and Construction LLCPO Box 765 Fort Meade
- All Work LLC8722 Eddington Road
- Allmaster Builders Inc7609 Energy Pky Ste 801
Curtis Bay, Maryland
- ALLTYPE Construction llc4206 Huffmanville Rd
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
- Altra Home Improvements INC.9902 Hacker Ave.
- Amazing Home Remodeling9609 Mendoza Rd
- AMB Home Designs6001 Twilight Ct
- AmeribuiltP.O. Box 4
Broomes Island, Maryland
- America's Handyman Service7415 Watersville Rd
Mount Airy, Maryland
- AMERICAN CABINET REFACERS10560 MAIN ST #321
- AMERICAN CONSTRUCTION SERVICES10602 Guilford Road
- American Contracting Services Inc1620 Providence Rd
- American Home Performance LLC2512 Windy Oak Court
- American Lifts and Remodeling9522 Deereco Rd
- American Remodeling Corp8017-C Dorsey Run Rd.
- AMERICAN RENOVATOR INC2907 Putty Hill Ave
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- AmeriPro Remodeling LLC2636 Coon Club Rd
- Anchor Contracting, Inc767 Shore Dr
- ANG Contracting llc9405 Ox Rd
- Angler Carpentry LLC1442 Gordon Dr
Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Annapolis Pest ControlPO Box 1474
Severna park, Maryland
- Annlynn Best Interior Design & Renovations15 HAMILL RD
- Anthony Holden Home Improvements8911 Lee Manor Dr
Ellicott City, Maryland
- ANTHONY REMODELING SERVICE
New Carrollton, Maryland
- AO Associates Home Improvements LLC2044 Astilbe Way
- Apex Contracting LLC4110 Sequoia Dr
- Apex Tile Co12603 Timber Grove Rd
- APM Group LLC.403 Signal Ct
Bel Air, Maryland
- APPLIANCELAND866 ROCKVILLE PIKE
- ApplianceLand Kitchen and Bath2045 West St.
- Apter Remodeling Craftsman2109 Forest Dr
- APX Services LLCPo Box 357
Glen Arm, Maryland
- Aquaman Plumbing LLC962 Holly Lake Dr n/a
- A & B Home Improvement