Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Philpot, KY
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 0 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Philpot
- O'bryan's Outdoor RepairMr. O'Bryan shows up at our house when it is convenient for us, he loads the riding mower, quickly fixes it and promptly delivers it back to us, and always for an extremely reasonable price. You can't get better service anywhere, but especially not at the local mower/saw shop!
- Larry CritesWe live in the middle of 50 acres of forest which generates a fair amount of trimmings and blown down trees. A good chipper is a must and we have the best, a DR. But we use the chipper only a couple of times a year, when the pile gets big enough. That means the chipper can sit unused for several months. Last fall, I forgot to run all the gas out of it. The gas that stayed in the machine turned to gunk. Larry replaced some parts in the carburetor, cleaned up the rest, cleaned the air filter, replaced the engine oil and generally spruced the machine up. Trimming around our homestead is no joke. Therefore, we have a trimmer on wheels, and on steroids. Again, the best there is, a DR. Even the sturdiest of machines can be overloaded. I got the trimmer into more than it could handle and broke the drive belt. Larry replaced the belt. As with the other machine, he replaced the engine oil, checked the air filter and did a general service on it. We learned about Larry through a friend who was happy with his service. Because Larry is a one-man operation, he could not make a house call for us. We trailered both machines to his location. He met us at the main highway and led us to his shop. Good thing. It would be very easy to wander for days through those hills and hollers. We left the machines, trailer and all, in his yard. Larry promised to have our work done in two or three days. He was better than his word. The very next day he called to say we were ready. We started both machines to see that they worked. Larry even showed us a pile of chips he had made while testing our chipper. We were quite pleased with the whole experience
- Allen County Mower ShopMr. Bill Purdue not only fixed my problem but did an overall check on the rest of the mower.... Will not use anyone else... He is very prompt and honest!!!!
- Limestone Farm Lawn & WorksiteI bought my tractor from them about a year ago and he tried to fix the problem but he couldn?t so he ordered a part. I?ve been using them for about 12 years and I?ve had really good luck with them. I would recommend them because these guys because they take time to talk to you and I can call and talk to the techs if I?m having a problem. If they think the problem is something I can take care of they?ll recommend it, and if they think it is something in their ballpark we set up an appointment for them to come out. Any time I?ve been in there they?ve been cordial and friendly, and they don?t treat you like a stranger. It is an excellent place to do business with. They?ve taken care of everything that I?ve needed
- BLUEGRASS LAWN & GARDEN INCthey were awesome and they stand behind there product and what they say about it and the service and customer appreciation i felt they went above and beyond and i recommended it to everyone
- Jones Home Repair & ConstructionGREAT! I highly recommend this company. Contact for Jones Home Repair and Construction at firstname.lastname@example.org or (606)275-3075 or (606) 672-2088.
- WOODS LAWNMOWER REPAIR & SALESWhen we noticed a fuel leak, my bride stopped mowing. The next time I passed by Roy's shop, I asked whether we should bring the mower in or if he would come to us. That was a Friday. He said he would come to our house on Monday. He arrived right on schedule. He had all the parts he might need with him. He replaced the fuel line in a few minutes and my bride went back to mowing. Roy was very pleasant, as always. Coming to our house was a bigger deal than it sounds since we live several miles up the holler on a gravel road. Roy's shop is located on Kentucky Route 1 about a quarter mile north of the Webbville Post Office
- Jones Home Repair & ConstructionGREAT! They take pride in doing a job well. They reasonably charge for their services. Very knowledgeable and skilled.
- Andersons' Sales & Service, IncVery professional. I really do not know the going rate for this type service, but they were local, they picked up and dropped off the mower, because I do not have a truck. There was a bit of confusion towards the end, as there were two work orders open for the same mower and was trying to process a second time after I had already paid for the service and was waiting for delivery. They had to call me back after they eventually figured it out and got it fixed. Regardless, I will use them again
- DANVILLE LAWN MOWERFirst, let me say that the work that this provider performs is top notch. He is thorough and careful with your property. The bad news, do not expect timeliness or punctuality. To be fair, I should preface my prior statement with, he has a lot of business and I believe that he tends to support his commercial customers before his residential ones. Though, when you spend the money to buy a commercial mower, you should expect the same level of service as others. I had an appointment for him to come and pick up my mower. He was a no call, no show. I called him, and his employee told me that he had gotten too busy to keep his appointment. Rescheduled for the next day, now mind you, I left work early in order to meet him the first time, and unfortunately the second time as well. No call, no show again. So, again I call. Spoke to the owner this time and he was apologetic. He explained that he had a lot of mowers to pick up, and by the time he was done, it was too late to pick up mine. He showed up the next afternoon and loaded up my mower, and this time, I called ahead to make sure he was coming. I expected that it would take about a week to have the mower back, fully serviced. A week is what it took. He dropped of my mower while I was still at my office, so it was sitting in my driveway when I got home. The bill, when I received it a week after that, was for $210. The three highest priced lines on the invoice were new battery, new blades, and $25 for the pickup and return. I was surprised to see the $25 transportation fee after he missed two appointments. The tune-up was performed professionally. The mower cut like new. Two weeks after I received his invoice, I stopped at his shop to pay my bill and to drop off two string trimmers for repair. The owner was speaking with another customer, but his employee informed me that they would not work on my string trimmers because they did not service equipment that they did not sell. (Though, I knew they did). I had spent a bit over $8,000 on the mower from them, and said as much to this employee. I figured that service to the customer should outweigh where I bought the trimmers. I asked the employee to question the owner on this, and he did. The owner must have agreed with my perspective, because the employee took possession of my trimmers and tagged them for repair. It has been two weeks today sense I dropped off those trimmers, so I called to find out if they were ready for me to pick up yet. They have not even looked at them. I know that when he does look at them, he will do professional work on them and they will run well. My problem is that I should not have to call him to find out that the trimmers are not ready; they should be calling me with an update. Bottom line, he is a great mechanic, performs his work for a reasonable fee, has a good demeanor, but has little punctuality and even less responsiveness
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Philpot
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Recent Review:GREAT! They take pride in doing a job well. They reasonably charge for their services. Very knowledgeable and skilled. <br />crystal e.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:<p>I assumed going with a reputable company such as Sears, I could count on the quality of work. </p> <p>The day of the install, I had set a time to meet the installer once he was finished to drop off final payment for the garage door and installations charges. When I left work at the time agreed upon, the Sears rep was having some issues and was still finishing up the install. </p> <p>I made the mistake of paying the final amount due, and at the time, the installer had me sign a certificate of completion even though he wasn't completely finished. When I returned home later in the day there were a few things that they may be coming back to complete. Of those, there was brown 2x4's exposed at the top of the garage door, with gaps between the wood where you could see into the garage, and the technician had installed a brown keypad next to the garage door. My home is white, the garage door is white, so the brown keypad sticks out like a sore thumb.</p> <p>When I contacted the technician, he informed me that any finishing work was not included and that they didn't have the correct keypad to go with the door. I was shocked that they would leave a job looking like it did. It would have been nice to know this information before I signed up for the service. </p> <p><br /></p> <br /Joseph S.
- Business Description:Locally trusted marketing specialist helping growing businesses out of Kentucky. I know what it takes in the state of Kentucky to get a business off the ground and flourishing. I also know how difficult it is to find someone to work with for your business that is trust-able and dependable. I have a loyal customer base throughout KY and am looking to expand my services to more small to medium sized businesses. I work one-on-one with my customers on forming a business plan that yields a high re..
- Business Description:Rose Farm Supply LLC has been serving the needs of homeowners and farmers in Flemingsburg, KY for over 30 years. We are an Official New Holland Dealer and carry lines of Woods and Kuhn. We are committed to the agricultural community and we strive daily to earn every customer's trust and business. We begin by assembling a team of employees that care about our customers and then offer ongoing training so they are equipped to service the equipment we sell. We strive to build a team that works ..
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:Small lawn care company, we offer mowing, landscaping, and small hardscaping projects. We also pressure wash and clean up yards. We are owner-operated and care about your stuff just as much as you do.
- Business Description:Family Owned and operatedRecent Review:<p>Mr. Bill Purdue not only fixed my problem but did an overall check on the rest of the mower....</p> <p> Will not use anyone else...</p> <p>He is very prompt and honest!!!!</p> <p><br /></p>Syndee R.
- Recent Review:very smooth transaction. <br />michelle f.
- Business Description:Owner and head of operations, Terry Johnson, a professional artist and expert designer would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We believe the customers come first. You will never have to wait to contact your contractor. We work hand in hand with our customers to give them a yard that will be the talk of the neighborhood. No matter the size of the job at hand, you can expect the same results every time, We take the same amount of time maintaining your lawn as we would designing yo..Recent Review:The person that I worked directly with is Terry Johnson. <br /> <br /> I originally was looking at a deal with this company but he ended up offering to do the service cheaper on his own. I decided to use his services, the only thing he ended up doing was removing the leave and I had paid him $450.00! <br /> <br /> He wanted to use my equipment, which included a ladder and chainsaw. I declined because of liability I also believe he should have had his own tools. I think I heavily over paid and I didn't feel comfortable not going through Angie's List for payment of the deal. I think he was trying was trying to work around Angie's List and pushing products I didn't need. <br /> <br /> The checks I wrote were made out directly to Terry and not to the company, which I did find a bit suspicious. One was for $300.00 and the other was for $150.00. He didn't give me a receipt, nor did I actually receive a written estimateMarcia R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Tell City
- Santa Claus
- Falls Of Rough
- Mc Daniels
- Beaver Dam
lawn mower repair shops in Philpot
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Allen County Mower Shop7405 Franklin Rd
- Allen County Mower Shop
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- farmer and sons small engine & feed615 ky 225
- farmer and sons small engine & feed
- Greenscape Enterprises366 Blue Lick Road
- Greenscape Enterprises
- Heartland Outdoor Equipment6897 Ogden Landing Rd
West Paducah, Kentucky
- Heartland Outdoor Equipment
- Jones Home Repair & Construction1339 Osborne Fork Rd
- Jones Home Repair & Construction
- Prime Landscaping L.L.C.
- Prime Landscaping L.L.C.
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Tiffany England - Advertising332 Bates Rd.
- Tiffany England - Advertising