Tide Waterproofing Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2001

Tide Waterproofing is a total foundation service. Our system has been proven to work for over 22 years through the worst conditions, and are proud of our commitment to customer service. We do pinning & pairing, epoxy injections, and more. We specialize in residential & commercial jobs, complete basement, crawlspace waterproofing, crack repair, wall braces, drainage systems & sump pumps. We also do egress windows. Please contact us today for a free estimate and get your wet basement issue resolved. installation.http://www.tidewaterproofing.net...

basement waterproofing (133)well & water pump repair (16)drain pipe installation (12)plumbers (11)concrete repair (8)window replacement (3)foundation repair (2)tile installation (3)

08/20/2021

Milana R.

The service was excellent. They were professional and solve the problem. They were efficient and had a fair price. They know what they were doing.

Description of Work
They stock severe water foundation on the lower level of the house.

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

08/16/2021

RALPH K.

I loved them. They were the best. They were incredible people. They were incredible on what they do.

Description of Work
They did waterproofing job for a commercial building for me.

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

07/22/2019

Shelly W.

We fixed up an old house with a basement in a very bad condition. Before it was repaired by Troy's team, the old walls are deteriorating and water everywhere. The condition is worse than Troy's initial estimate and additional steps had to be taken. New block walls were built and the old cracked Michigan Ledge was rebuilt to reinforce the foundation structure, New interior drainage system, and sump pump was installed. Walls are patched and new wall shields were installed. The old basement/foundation was brought back to life. Troy and his team have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
Waterproof Basement

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

04/20/2018

JEFF AND VICKI F.

Prior to this work we had a wet basement weekly. Our basement as been dry for the last eleven years. So grateful for the good work Tide did!

Description of Work
**This is an update** to work completed in 2/2007. Tide dug an interior perimeter french drain in our basement, added a french drain just ourside the sliding doors to the basement and tide it into the interior french drain, filled in redundant sump pits and connected everything to one sump pit, and addressed some wall seepage.

Work Completed On 02/01/2007

01/09/2018

Suzanne E.

They came and gave us an estimate and set up a date to complete the work. They came back as promised did the work and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofed

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

10/07/2017

Patricia W.

The crew was polite and respectful and swept up every evening before leaving for the day. The job took longer than expected and they brought in extra people to finish it. I'm very happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
I have a full basement which they waterproofed. They also emptied the basement of accumulated junk, which was a big plus!

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

09/18/2017

Michael K.

They did an excellent job and were very professional

Description of Work
sealing a leak in crawl space

Work Completed On 08/19/2017

06/27/2017

JON E.

Troy and his group did exactly what he drew up on the estimate. Ended up having to do more than they thought because of hidden space behind some stairs. Hot week to be doing that kind of work but they carried on. I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
We needed a complete tile system and sump in our basement in both crawl spaces and finished areas.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

06/27/2017

Jonathon T.

It was a very smooth project, a little rain delay was no problem as Troy and his team communicated very well, even finished up on Saturday. Kept the home very clean. Troy and his guys were very thorough, responsive, respectful and diligent

Description of Work
Basement tile installation and waterproofing. Sump pump and battery back up, demolition, foundation

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

04/25/2017

Mike L.

It went well! Everything was done exactly as Troy, the salesman / foreman explained. By hand they dug the ditch down 18", laying the sod off to the side for easy restoration. A bed of stones was followed by perforated landscape pipe and more stones. The sod was placed back over the ditch and the lawn is perfectly smooth, with no humps or valleys. Exactly as Troy stated when we met to discuss the project. I am very pleased with Troy, John and Eric. They work hard, say what they are going to do, and then do what they said. The price quoted is the exact price we paid. What more could a customer ask for? Well done gentlemen!

Description of Work
We had a drainage ditch put in for our sump pump. The drain extended from the corner of our house 140' to the rear edge of our property. In addition to the drain, a dry well was included. We had a problem when we purchased the home 14 years ago with the sump pump draining into the septic finger system, and under heavy rain conditions the finger system would fill up, and the sump would discharge into the basement. not good. I tried did a number of work arounds over the years by diverting the sump drainage into the lawn, but each time it created a swampy mess. The last straw was when my latest effort led to ice flowing across the street in the dead of winter. Not a good situation for us or our neighbors...

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

09/30/2016

Melissa H.

Tide Waterproofing kept to their scheduled time with us. The workers were prepared and knew exactly what to do to get the job done. It took a little longer than expected, but I was blown away by the professionalism and the concise work they did plus clean up. They kept in constant communication and..... WOW! and DOUBLE WOW! The work they did was amazing. The Owner Troy who came out to bid the job told me and I quote, "The basement will look completely different". And it does, AMAZINGLY. The smell is gone, the clean up and the concrete work is point on. And the problem is fixed. I would recommend this team and company to all who are needing waterproofing for their basement. Tide Waterproofing proved themselves over and above the call of duty to accomplish what they said they would do. Plus the cost was lower than any other bid I had received. They also gave a lifetime warranty backing their work. That says it all. They are more than competent to handle this kind work with assurance to their customers with confidence and that's what we as customers like to hear. A company who takes great pride in the services they provide their customers. Great choice by the Grace of God. Thank you Tide Waterproofing, will be referring you to anyone who is in need.

Description of Work
We needed the whole basement waterproofed and mold on the walls addressed. This was an older home and the walls are block, and had intense water pressure leaks that had built up from all the rain. Also coming in through the floor underneath, through concrete cracks, drain was extremely slow and it couldn't handle big rains. The whole basement flooded this time as it progressively got worse over the last two years. Water everywhere up to three feet I was told and the smell was terrible. A lot of Moisture built up.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

07/20/2016

Steve G.

We wanted to wait for heavy rains to declare the system sound enough to write this review. Just recently we had torrential rain in a short amount of time that previously would have caused one room (about 1/4 of the entire area) of the basement to incur flooding. This was at least the third heavy rain since May 16 that we know would have been an issue for us. However, Tidewater did a great job and now we’re dry…and not anxious every time we get downpours that drop two or more inches of rain in a very short time. Once the old system was uncovered and visible, Troy and veteran crew quickly identified and showed us the shoddy work done by Everdry. Tide Waterproofing was professional, explained things well, and cleaned up nicely. They also accepted our suggestion for how we wanted to run the sump discharge tile out of the house. Highly recommend them and wish we’d called them in years ago.

Description of Work
The installation performed by Tide Waterproofing on May 16, 2016, was a one-room correction of faulty work done by Everdry some years ago. The remaining area of the basement was not addressed because previously installed system was not a problem. Tide replaced the bad system and installed a sump pit.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

11/10/2015

DENNIS S.

Troy was right on time. Brought his bag of tricks and a bright light. He looked our basement over and told us it was sound and just needed scraped, wire brushed and a good coat (or two) of oil-based paint. He said he's been installing a variation of the same dry wall system that our predecessors installed. It has kept our basement dry for the 25 years we've been here, except for when the power went out, the sump pump died or the old windows leaked. He commended us on the glass block windows Lyon installed several years ago. (They made a world of difference in the warmth and bugginess of the basement.) He advised we should add a battery back up to our sump pump. We'll do that this month. He also recommended Mike Boaz as a possible contractor to do the remodel. I asked him if there was a charge since he'd driven out and spent a half hour coaching me. He said no charge.

Description of Work
We asked Troy to come out and look at our basement before we remodeled it. We didn't want to hide water or structural problems that would give us fits in a few years.

Category plumbing, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

11/05/2015

Vanessa C.

I contacted several companies in regards to waterproofing my basement. Tide was honest and fairly priced, I felt comfortable with them right away. They showed up on time, and helped me organize my basement so they could properly work. The team then covered everything and made sure my doorway were covered so no dust could enter my house. The team was very polite and courteous. Everything went well, and I'm very impressed with the work. Everything was explained in detail, and I felt like I finally have a dry basement, what a comforting feeling. I would highly recommend using Tide, dont look any further they are your guys.

Description of Work
Put waterproofing system in my basement.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

09/18/2015

Ryan S.

The gentlemen that showed up was very friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. He informed me about my home and the type of waterproofing service I would need. He recommended to have an injection done, and provided me the contact information for a representative at a different company. Excellent customer service

Description of Work
The representative looked at my basement and gave me advise how to proceed with my waterproofing needs.

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

09/02/2015

Tom M.

He spent a good 45 minutes looking at the basement situation and outside drainage and grading. He carefully explained an intermediate plan we could tale to stop the water short of having a drainage ditch and sump pump installed. He told us what product to use to seal the basement seam where the wall meets the floor, and he also explained how we could stabilize a couple footers in our crawl space where water had washed away some of the dirt over the years. He outlined a couple different options we could take if we needed to stabilize our wall and never sounded like he was trying to push us into a deal. We worked with Troy before on our old house, where they did $3,000 or $4,000 in work for us. We still had some leaks after, and they returned to patch a basement wall on the outside and install a bigger drainage plate inside to catch more water as it came down. They were very responsive about this, and the second trip came at no cost.

Description of Work
Troy Hollaway came over to take a look at our basement wall and crawl space to give me a sense of what work may need to be done.

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/18/2015

08/25/2015

BRIAN & REBECCA O.

Troy was very polite and easy to deal with and his office communicated all aspects of the job. Work was high quality and we thought good value for the money.

Description of Work
We met with Troy to discuss water seeping into my mother-in-laws basement, and he recommended that we extend the downspouts underground to get the water as far away from the foundation. He wanted to try this as a first step since it would be the least expensive approach, and we appreciated this incremental approach.

Work Completed On 08/21/2015

07/06/2015

Ann B.

I Called for an appointment and Troy the owner of Tide waterproofing came out and gave me an estimate, he explained every thing that would be done. I had a lot of questions and he answered every one to my satisfaction. I had talked with other companies but was not satisfied. ARW was going to remove my water heater and water softener, cut my paneling off about 3inches. I would have had to pay someone to reconnect those appliances and fix the paneling. Tide Waterproofing did not have to move any of those things. Tide Waterproofing price was a thousand dollars cheaper. I got a discount for being an Angie's member. The work was started as stated on the contract and finish in four days. It took five days because it really rained. The owner Troy came out the first day and worked. He scraped some of the mold off the wall along with his crew. The crew was great and very respectful and hard working. They put in another sump pump system. One of the things I was thankful for I found Troy to be an honest man. It is a family own company and his son was outstanding. They cleaned up before they left and made sure my carpet was covered. I did research and prayed before I hired the company and I can say it was a prayer answered. GREAT WORK!! The work started on June 22, 2015 and ended on June 26,2015. They will be back July 10,2015 to put the panel back around the electrical system. The cement had to dry.

Description of Work
Water proof the basement

Work Completed On 06/22/2015

06/14/2015

david G.

Initially contacted Tide Waterproofing Friday, May 8th, as previous contractor was unable to solve issue of water back-up in and around utility drain in basement. Worked with Troy, who set up consultation for Tuesday, May 12th. Determined that drain would need to be redone from utility drain to sump pump, approximated 12 feet. Service was set for Wednesday, May 20th. Troy was right on time, Tide carefully prepped my home for work, and basement floor was cracked and drain installed in approximetely 2 hours. Awesome! Another two hours was spent installing discharge line outside my house to drain underground with a pop-up drain exit in my backyard. Unfortunately, now that the new drain in the basement was routing to the second sump pump, my new underground discharge line was draining into my yard approximately every 5 minutes, which caused a very soggy lawn, for myself and my neighbor! I spoke with Troy, again, who came back out on Saturday, May 23rd, and devised another solution to the issue. On May 27, Troy came back (again!), and performed re-routing of piping for both primary and secondary sump pumps, which eliminated the water discharge into my lawn. Very pleased with Tide , especially Troy, working with my schedule to take care of a very lengthy issue, which required multiple visits to complete. Thank you, Tide!

Description of Work
Water back-up in basement from utility drain. Utility drain in basement required new drainage drain installed from utility drain to sump pump. Outside, 2nd sump pump discharge line was re-routed from above groud to below groud, which required 25 foot drainage line.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 05/19/2015

05/22/2015

Janice M.

Vallieres came out that afternoon and found the crack by cutting drywall. They had us wait for the area to completely dry out and then repaired the crack by filling it with a compound. Vallieres cost was $650.00. In addition to Tide Waterproofing I contacted another waterproofing company, Advanced Restoration & Waterproofing (ARW) who wanted to fix the leak from the outside by bringing in excavating equipment and applying tar to the outside of the foundation at a cost of $4500 and stating we would probably lose a bush and large tree that they would not be responsible for. The fact that Tide could have done the work for $1600 (much better then ARW) but identified that that level wasn't necessary & referred us to Vallieres is professionalism at the highest level. I will submit separate reviews for the other companies. Tide Waterproofing knows what they're doing, was very responsive and extremely professional. They saved us a lot of money! Thank you. Jan Macy

Description of Work
We had a water leek in the basement. Tide had done work for us 8 years ago and this leek was in a different area. Troy accessed the situation and thought the problem was a crack that could be filled for considerably less cost and recommended we contact a company that specialized in cracks, Vallieres Waterproofing.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/29/2015

01/09/2015

Matt W.

The crew was friendly and worked under horrible weather conditions (7 degrees below 0). I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works!

Description of Work
We had small leaks in our basement and Tide was able to lay tile and waterproof it in less then 4 days.

Category ceramic tile, basement waterproofing

11/10/2014

Deborah M.

Things went perfectly. They were absolutely great, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Crawlspace waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/01/2014

09/25/2014

anthony N.

They did a great job. Did everything they said they would do and cleaned up the work site when done. I couldn't be more pleased and they offered the best price of the four estimates I got.

Description of Work
They put a drain trench around the inside walls of the basement and installed a new sump pump

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe