We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

OnGuard Security Solutions

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2011

6330 E 75th St Suite 120

Indianapolis, IN 46250

OnGuard is a full-service electronic security integrator covering Hoosiers across central Indiana with its HQ in Indianapolis. In addition to homes, we protect commercial, apartments, and industrial facilities. "Professionally protecting YOUR precious people & property" is our purpose. The founder and owner, Kirk Booher, is a 3rd generation 'Booher' in the alarm business who began working for his Father in 1983. OnGuard was established in 2010. It is a faith-based business. The company has currently 171 combined years of security industry experience. All team members are background checked, hand-picked (if we wouldn't be comfortable with them in our home, they certainly won't be in yours) and are manufacturer trained and certified. OnGuard is an independent local company partnered with world class partners. We have carefully selected and continually evaluate the top brands, models and technologies. We carry two or three models in each of our 5 categories: 1. Intrusion Alarms, 2. Fire Alarms, 3. Video Surveillance Cameras, 4. Access Control / Electron Locks, and 5. Intercoms. We are an 'authorized dealer' for Guardian Protection Services, Alarm.com, Dynamark Security Centers, Eagle Eye Networks and others. We service a wide mix of different manufacturers. So whether you have an existing system or need a new one, we can most likey service it. Estimates are always FREE and will be designed around your specific needs and security risks. We strive to be consultative in our approach while adhering to professional standards. We are old school in our values yet provide leading-edge tech. We offer both value based kits and custom designed applications. Lifetime repair agreements covering parts and labor are included in standard monitoring plans or services can be purchased on an as needed time and materials basis. Be sure to ask about Angie's List discounts: ONE FREE SENSOR of up to $ 275 value with a new monitoring activation or ONE FREE CAMERA with purchase over $1500. Have NO WORRIES, WeAreOnGuard! Contact us anytime but don't wait too long for it's better to be OnGuard one year too early than just one day too late....

12/04/2020

Penny J.

Kirk was very professional and very courteous he was very kind and he made it easy for us to understand the cameras and the wiring and he also explained what guys will be coming out to install the time limit on the guys and he was right on the cameras work they're just beautiful we are very happy with what we signed up for I would recommend him for anything we also have three dogs and they the two guys that came out and put the cameras in they worked very well around the dogs this company worked with your schedule and they are patient with you that's what I like you if you want cameras put in your house this is the company you want it done thank you Kirk for your service

Description of Work
Install New Sercurty Cameras

Category video transfer

11/23/2020

Clyde H.

They were able to help me at no cost great company great service

Description of Work
Phone consult - Clyde, I am sorry we couldn't be more help. If you found some value in our phone call, please give us a review on angie's list. It sure helps. And if you want us to help you, we can schedule a service call and take care of it. 317.572.5777 x12. That would run $ 80. Kirk

04/11/2020

JOHN C.

Excellent! The OnGuard installers showed up on time, were fast and efficient.

Description of Work
Security system installed

01/31/2020

Donald T.

EXCELLENTLY!!! Mark Thomas was great to work with at setting this up and he followed up afterwards to check on how things went. Brandon was the Tech who was very hardworking, worked for several hours without a break, and was very efficient in all of his work. Would absolutely hire OnGuard Security again and work with both of these excellent gentleman.

Description of Work
Installed new security system including outside cameras that I purchased myself

Category home security systems,home automation

We are glad we worked out for you. I will pass on the accolades.

09/28/2019

GUY R.

Install was straight forward and as discussed. The crew was very informed and trained us well before they left the property.

Description of Work
Upgraded existing DCS alarm installed and operating in house with a wireless system that is fully monitored. Install monitored smoke detector and monitored garage door.

Category home security systems

We are glad we could update your older alarm with modern smart alarm.

08/30/2017

Dennis W.

They are my current security provider. On the price, off hand, I do not recall. They put in the security system. They converted it over. I had a different company, and they converted over. Then, I also had them do a couple of security cameras. It took a day for the worker to convert everything over. It was just one guy. I'd work with OnGoard; I'd probably use a different sub contractor. I had a few little issues with the subcontractor, but I would definitely go with OnGuard.

Description of Work
They converted my alarm system over. Then, they put in a couple of security cameras and a DVR.

08/28/2017

BRUCE G.

They are OK but I would like for them give suggestions or consultation after installation.

Description of Work
Alarm Services

Category home security systems

We are always looking to improve and welcome your suggestions ... Kaizen! 1% better every day!

06/17/2017

Maurice S.

They were prompt they, were thorough they, did a good job with the installation. They're very good about getting back to me when I was having technical support. I just was shopping around it was a good price.

Description of Work
They installed a surveillance camera.

Category home security systems

Glad we could be of service!

02/21/2017

Pamela Y.

I got 3 different quote from security companies. One was just a little to high in price and the other were similar in price. On Guard came across as more professional and more interested in doing the job. On Guard installed 6 security cameras around the outside perimeter of my home. I was given great direction as where the camera should be placed and positioned. The workers who install the system were very polite and courteous at all times. They cleaned up very well after themselves. There were a glitches that happened with the installation, but everything was fixed in a timely fashion, and to my satisfaction. The camera quality is excellent!!!!! It's nice to what is going on around my home now. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed a camera surveillance system for my home.

Category

It was a pleasure working with you to better secure your home. I am glad it all turned how nicely and you like the system.

12/23/2016

Stephanie M.

Was very pleased with how it all went. They let me swap components out of the promotional package with devices I wanted, and it was hassle free. New to the monitoring, so far so good.

Description of Work
Security system installation and camera system.

Great!

07/20/2016

Gayle M.

In the beginning it went great. 6-8 months after the system was installed my representative came out several times to fix various issues with the camera systems. One day I called him and he said he had moved and no longer worked there. I called the main office in Indianapolis. From that time forward we have been fighting back and forth because I have a Mac and they can't do remote support for me. I have continued to pay $10 a month for a service fee, but they won't fix my cameras. They said that the remote support wasn't really what they were selling, but that isn't what I was originally told by the salesman. They said the salesman is no longer with them so it doesn't matter what he said to me, and it must be wrong. I now am unable to use my camera security system and it is of no use to me. During the past two years I have made several appointments and talked to many people in the company (including the owner), and they know I have a Mac, but every time I have an appointment they immediately say "You have a Mac, I can't help you" and they continue to take my $10 a month. I have tried many times to negotiate a separation agreement, but have been very unsuccessful. The last I heard from them was on 6/27/2016 and they said that "the owner need time to think about it", but apparently he need more than 3 weeks to think about it.

Description of Work
They installed a camera security system. I added on extra cameras and paid them for that. They gave me a web app where I could remotely look at my cameras.

Category home security systems

We lost our primary tech / rep in that market and had to close our local video service operation there in Cinci. However, the system worked fine and still does locally, The problem was her router, internet and changes made outside of the equipment we installed. DVR are mostly designed to work with PCs and Macs aren't the best for this application. Unfortunately, we didn't have much cooperation or success in fixing remotely with the client, but we were willing and tried. The 'separation' agreement was not reasonable for a 3 year old system that again works locally. We have credited her the $ 10 month support fee for the whole year backdated, so we believe that is fair.

03/31/2016

Clayton T.

I first called OnGuard on a Tuesday night in late February of 2016. I was surprised to get a pickup on the first ring at 7:30 in the evening. Kirk Booher spent 20 minutes answering all my questions and agreed to come and do a demo the next evening. He arrived a few minutes late to the appointment, which was no big deal. He spent an hour and a half at my home answering questions and showing me demos. I was very impressed with the advancement in security systems and the software now responsible for running your home. I always get a couple quotes, so in fairness I told him that I would be in touch within the next week. After some bad missteps from other providers we moved forward with OnGuard taking care of my security needs. It was scheduled for March 1st. We had 8 HD 2 mega pixel cameras installed around the property and a replacement system from ADT to Guardian. DaJuan and Bob came out to perform the installation. They took two days and worked their tails off. Good guys and experts. DaJauan spent a lot of extra time helping me to understand the system, provided his number for questions and has been extremely responsive through the process. The system is awesome and we feel like we have a lot more control of the property now. With cameras covering every inch of the property, we can watch them from anywhere in the world. We can set our alarm from anywhere as well. We plan to eventually convert the entire house to a smart home through OnGuards help of course. I can say with full confidence that you shouldn't have any hesitation you'll be gouged or cheated from this company. They have an A score on Angie's List for a reason. In short, their responsive, professional, knowledgeable and informative. Do yourself a favor, save yourself the time from calling anyone else and just hire OnGuard.

Description of Work
Installed security system and cameras throughout property.

Category home security systems

We sure appreciate the opportunity to secure your home and work to keep to keep bad things from happening to good people. Angie's list customers are the best. We are much obliged.

09/29/2015

Angie A.

Kirk was easy to deal with and was willing to negotiate. Bob (installer) was great and very thorough. I called the service center with questions\concerns about some sensor issues and Total Connect (online system management) questions and they responded very quickly and resolved the issues. Good job.

Description of Work
Took over monitoring service. Replaced\updated Sump Pump sensor. Replaced\updated cellular transmitter. Tested system.

Category home security systems,home automation

Thank you for allowing us to do a job for you and happy that you thought it was a 'good' job.

08/08/2015

David B.

Kirk responded promptly and professionally came by the house to make sure we were both on the same page. The technician (Juan) came out in scheduled time, which is great! He went over the alarm system and what it entailed and told me about alarm.com app! Would definitely recommend these guys to anybody

Description of Work
Installed new alarm box, and put in an extra pad. I purchased the bronze alarm package.

Category home security systems

We try our best and glad you appreciate that. We sure appreciate quality customer from Angie's list

06/29/2015

EC T.

Awesome. Rob was very professional and sincere. Made a few security recommendations and even gave me a number and contact name for my current security system.

Description of Work
Pit a door devil anti kick guard on our back door.

Category home security systems

So glad to read it and that we could point you in the right direction.

05/27/2015

Brian S.

Kirk came to house and performed walk through and quote, installers came a few days later. Everyone was polite and knowledgeable. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Full update/install of security system.

Category home security systems

Thanks (removed member name) for allowing us to secure you new home. You two were a pleasure to work with and we sure appreciate it.

02/04/2015

SARA & ROD S.

Kirk and his install crew are terrific! We had been with a competitive security company for many years and wanted to update our system. Kirk really took the time to come over twice and explain all of our options; he was always so willing to answer any questions we had and walk us through what each piece of the equipment was and what the installation would entail. He was truly exceptional throughout the sales process! The installation was smooth and easy. We will definitely continue to work with Kirk for any of our future security needs!

Description of Work
Updated our security system with fantastic control panels, fire/smoke/freeze alarms, sump pump alarm, glass breaks, and motion sensor lights.

Category home security systems

Much obliged. Customers like this are a key ingredient in the fuel that keeps us motivated to strive hard to meet and hopefully exceed our client's expectations. Kirk Booher.

10/13/2014

Jennifer T.

They were prepared, professional, and responsive but I kind of got sticker shock upon seeing the mandatory 5 year contract in order to get the free installation. I didn't have any problems with the company but was not prepared for the extra costs.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a "$49 Bronze Package - Professional Security System"

Category home security systems

We were sorry it didn't work out too. I apologize it wasn't clear a monitoring agreement was required. It was listed online on the site you placed the order and it appears we need to make it more prominet. We do offer a month to month and local non-monitored alarm but they cost more upfront since there is not a monthly fee to defer the upfront installation and equipment cost. The equipment is mostly wireless so if the new job works out and you move to Canada, it can be easily removed and re-installed up there so either of those other options appeal to you. All the best.

Barbara L.

I have used their security service for the past three years. I had one false alarm which they took care of it promptly. I like being able to talk with them on the phone. I have not had any problems with their service.

Description of Work
They notified me that a battery needed to be changed; they came out to replace the battery for me.

Category home security systems

Thanks for taking time to report and glad we have been PROMPT and readily accesible. We hope to continue to provide your family quality security service for another 3 years and beyond.

Mark H.

The service is good. We have a recurring monthly security service with them.

Description of Work
They installed a security system for me.

Category home security systems

It was great working with you. I am glad we were able to rehab you existing system and get it updated.

Gina C.

They monitored our system for three years. We had no problems with their service.

Description of Work
They installed the security system in our home.

Category home security systems

We appreciate your business. Thanks!

09/04/2014

Sharon C.

I think they were kind of expensive. The people are good. They were friendly but I just thought I paid so much for what I've got. They system is working pretty good.

Category home security systems

We are sorry to read you don't feel you received an excellent value. I looked it up and the total sale was $ 975 which included the installation and equipment for a professional grade video surveillance system with DVR and 2 cameras. We trust it will serve you well for years to come and you feel better about your security investment.

09/03/2014

CHRISTINE B.

I really like their customer service. They are very good about answering any questions we have and they are extremely informative. Before the installation, they go through all the items and how to use them. They take the time to educate you instead of leaving behind a manual. It is very difficult to adjust your life with a security system and it is good to be informed and how to use them. The system as such is great.

Description of Work
They installed a security system earlier and now we have taken a subscription package for a monthly service.

Category home security systems

Music to our years that you happy. And this is ONE thing we do that seperates us from others including big box, online, cable and other corporate competetors, " They take the time to educate you instead of leaving behind a manual. It is very difficult to adjust your life with a security system and it is good to be informed and how to use them. The system as such is great."

06/20/2014

KATHLEEN L.

Kirk was quick to respond and was very professional. Thank you for a job well done

Description of Work
Alarm system

Category home security systems

Great to read. Thank YOU!

04/23/2014

Hardin C.

This is the third time we have used Kirk for security purposes. As usual, he was very informative and professional. The guy who did the installation (E.Z.) did a very good job and was also very personable. We would definitely recommend this company to others and would use them again, if the need arises.

Description of Work
Installed camera surveillance system

Category home security systems

We love repeat customers, and this is one for sure. Great people! Thanks for the continued trust and order. Kirk Booher.

Indiana Alarm

Indiana Alarm has been a locally owned and operated company for over a decade. Our customers are our family and we strive to provide every single one of them with the highest quality of service and equipment that is available. Although, we are locally owned and operated we provide the most up to date knowledge on new cutting edge technology in the industry. We make it our mission to provide our customers with the most current product information on the market. Our prices and customer service rival that of any of the "big named" security companies in the market today. When you call for a service call or simply have a question about your system, you are calling a local number within Indiana. Our security and automation equipment is manufactured by the top names in the industry today and our monitoring station is based and operated within the United States. We offer free home visits for estimates with a "no pressure" presentation that leaves you available to evaluate your options on your own time.

Secure Plus

Secure Plus is a locally owned and operated ADT Authorized dealer. We specialize in residential and small business security solutions. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Secure Plus on Angi
    Bucks Electric

We are a full service electrical contractor that only does quality work. We do all electircal work, such as outlets, switches, fans, new construction, remodels, panel upgrades, car charging stations, generators, surge protectors, and more. Free Estimates! 317-430-8297

LAC-000147
    $95

Installation - security & fire alarms, surveillance cameras, & access control We service most brands; GE, Honeywell / Ademco, DSC, etc. We are dealers for Alarm.com (wireless/internet alarm communication, automation and interactive user control), Videofied (live video monitoring), LTS Security (video mfg), GE Interlogix (alarm mfg) & a host of others.

OnGuard is a full service electronic security provider but we do not install Security Doors (though we install a nifty 'door hardening' system called the Door Devil), Safes, provide Armed Guards, Private Investigations and so forth but we likely can personally recommend quality companies who do so be sure to ask if you have a need.