INDY RENOVATION INC

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2003

7155 SOUTHEASTERN AVE STE E

Indianapolis, IN 46239

Winner of Cusmer Choice Award for best bathroom remodeler in Indiana for 2007,2008,2009,2010 and 2011. Expert remodler for handicap bathrooms and custom showers.

04/11/2021

Joshua S.

Indy Renovation did a great job on our bathtub. The old one was the original built with the house, was beat up, and an awful color as well. They found us a replacement tub that looks great and at a fair price. The workers were friendly, helpful, and completed the job as scheduled. I will definitely look to use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Bathtub replacement

Category drywall, home remodeling

07/22/2020

Wayne U.

It went great. They came out the day after I called to assess the problem and gave me a quote. I agreed and the following day they were here, removed the failed water heater, installed the new water heater, and removed all waste materials within a couple of hours. Very friendly, professional, and efficient. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater

Category water heater repair, ceiling fans

11/05/2019

Ali C.

Indy Renovation remodeled my master bathroom along with the flooring in my master closet and bedroom. The end result not only exceeded my expectations but it came out just breathtaking, like right out of a magazine! Not only were they friendly, accomodating & trustworthy, they literarlly helped me with the entire design and layout from picking out tile, paint colors, hardware, floating shelves etc. They are so knowledgeable and truly experts at their craft! Coming home and walking into my master suite makes my day every day! I will definitely use them again for any future remodeling needs I may have

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

10/10/2019

Matt D.

Indy Renovation remodeled my upstairs bathroom. It was a great experience. The suggested a herringbone pattern for the floor that we wouldn't have thought of. It looks so much better than the standard staggered planks we would have done. They were done earlier than expected and the cost was less than what was estimated. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

07/12/2019

Lynne F.

Wonderful experience Very professional. Great job.

Description of Work
Shower renovation

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

05/15/2019

Henry G.

These guys are wonderful. I do my homework before hiring any contractors, and Indy Renovation came highly recommended at the place where I bought my tile. They tiled a master bath, guest bath, built a master shower, and did tile backsplash in the kitchen and bar area. I couldn't be happier with the quality of their work. Junior and his helpers were meticulous with the details -- used a laser for straight lines, maintained consistent grout width, no cracked or broken tiles, etc.

Description of Work
Remodeled Kitchen, Master Bath, Guest Bath

11/22/2017

Nancy B.

Tub was first - I asked for acrylic, they installed lower end, lower-cost fiberglass. That is why I took them down to a B on quality. They did offer to replace the fiberglass tub, but we didn’t want to delay the job and deal with the mess. They discounted the job cost by the difference in tub cost. They installed the tub well - set in cement. The tile and plumbing (son Gary) and painting (Kenny) are phenomenal in my non-expert opinion. They had their own timetable-staying in to the evening on most days. The job ran over by two days. Instead of one week - 7 days to include drying - it took 11 (they didn’t work the weekend and the weather wasn’t conducivem to cutting the tile pieces in our yard on Saturday.)

Description of Work
We had the tub and tile replaced and the walls painted in our small bathroom.

06/14/2017

Clessie H.

Started later than expected, but once they started, everything ran smoothly. We really liked their craftsmanship and attention to detail. Communication between us and their workers was great. Very trustworthy and thoughtful.

Description of Work
We needed a bathroom renovation that was wheelchair accessible. Gary, the owner had great ideas to utilize our existing plumbing to save us money. Their workers wer great! Very professional, responsive and dependable. Their workmanship is top notch. Would definitely use them again.

06/06/2017

jeff D.

About a year ago I had them remodel my bathroom. At the same time I had them replace all my water supply lines and drains in my house. Less than a year later the kitchen drain fell apart. They came out and said they didn't replace the drains. I showed them the quote where it was added on. They fixed the drain but doing so they created a huge hole in the kitchen wall. The broken drain also damaged the sink cabinet. For the past 2 months I've been trying to get them to fix the mess they created. Gary came out 2 months ago and said they would fix it. Every time I call I'm told Gary is going to send someone out and he will call me back. He never calls back.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel with all house water line and drains replaced.

01/25/2017

Mike S.

i used this company because of their many good reviews online. they also come to your home and boast about customer service awards they have received as well as complaint free awards from the BBB. they also charge quite a premium for their service, so i expected the best possible work to be completed. i just completed my bathroom remodel after 3 months of delays. this was quoted to me as a 3-4 week job. delays were not caused by me changing my mind or redesigning mid job. they were ALL because of indy renovation's lack of communication, scheduling conflicts with other jobs, and ordering the wrong supplies for the job. many times over the course of the job, i was told someone was coming to work on a portion of the bathroom, and they would no show a day or two at a time. we also had to wait a week for our faucets to come in because they didnt order them when they started the job, so by the time they were to install the faucets, we were at a standstill, while the rest of the bathroom was done. in november, i mentioned to them that i believed they installed the incorrect toilet, and that fell by the wayside until january 25 when i made them show me the initial picture of the toilet i ordered. they refunded the difference for the toilet. the installed chipped glass, the door did not pair with the glass frame and was left with a 1 inch gap, to where water was spraying out of my shower. i called to have them fix it, and instead of offering to correct it, gary offered to put a plasitc seal in place, which would be a total eye sore. he did end up replacing the glass, and when he did, it didnt match up to the opposing partition. the quality of work is a joke...no attention to detail. gary kept saying "sorry about all of this but we are blessed with all of this business and we are trying to get through it all" thats not my problem, and he made it my problem. this has been one of the most difficult companies i have ever hired. next, comes the issue of payment. i gave my 50% up front as requested. then when HE thought the job was done, he charged my credit card the balance due WITHOUT asking my permission. i immediately called and asked him to remove the charge as he was not done with the job. there was still painting that needed to be done, dry wall finishing, as well as installation of glass walls and doors. he said he needed to charge the card "because we were basically done and it was all cosmetic, plus he was headed out on a family vacation and wanted to get it wrapped up before he left." so i said you should finish the job before you leave for vacation. i even offered to let him keep 33% of the charge, and after many days of not removing the charge, (and saying he would) i called him to let him know i will be filing a grievance with the bank and removing the charge myself, he said he couldnt do it because he was at a basketball game. the charge was removed the following week. then after waiting another month for the replacements to come in, he charged my card again without asking. again with the same dialogue of demanding that he remove it. he then complained that it cost him money every time he removes a charge, and i said that it has nothing to do with me because he is charging my card without my authority, and the delays in work are due to his workers/suppliers. every time there was an issue with something, he would look at the problem and say "huh" like this is the first time it has ever happened to him. he always tried to talk his way out of the problem and offer a cheap and easy (for him) solution, and not do it the right way the first time. my exhaust fan that has a bluetooth speaker doesnt function correctly and he said "thats just how they are." it was his older son that was at my house one day that said "yea that isnt right, we need to fix that" FINALLY someone that tells the truth!!! i would not recommend this company to anybody. they are disorganized, take short cuts, and the try and short you by using your lack of knowledge about bathroom remodeling. i am left feeling so dissatisfied with the entire project, and wish i would have used someone else. they seemed to have grown too quickly and cant handle the heavy influx of new business. proceed with caution...or i would personally just proceed with another company, as i am sure i am not the only one with a terrible taste in my mouth. it was mistake after mistake, and all of their glowing reviews are too good to be true.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

06/04/2015

Ryan K.

Description of Work
Assessed and fixed a strange roof issue that was missed or mis-diagnosed by two other contractors. Provided a fair estimate and performed timely work and perfectly matched shingles as well.

12/18/2014

Mark G.

12/18/2014

J Michael H.

10/29/2014

DAWN & ERWIN J.

Description of Work
We purchased a deal from Living Social for recaulking a shower. The shower had been leaking for several years so we thought that recaulking might solve the problem. Scheduling was interesting - they wanted to start late in the morning "so if the guys are hung over they can sleep in". I found this very interesting but figured they knew what they were doing. The guy they sent out was very friendly but we were not overly impressed with the job. We could have done the same thing he did. The solution to make sure the water doesn't leak out of the corner was to cake it full of caulk. It looks ridiculous but the caulk and a shower curtain have taken care of the problem until we decide to rip the shower & garden tub out and replace it with a custom shower. By the way - Indy Renovation will not be doing the bathroom remodel for us.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/14/2014

Barbara P.

Arrived each day as arranged on time, excellent attention to cleanliness, detail of the construction and tiling, and even worked to tie in the ceramic tile floor into the design of the shower and tub. The workers were pleasant and took pride in their work. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Renovate shower including total removal of dry wall, install concrete backer, construct shower floor, construct new dividing wall, tile and install new fixtures. Also, new concrete board and tile around bathtub.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

07/11/2014

Cynthia G.

When we first started the process, we were very unsure about how to proceed and Gary Ebersole came out and gave us information about the company and showed us some of their work and some testimonies from previous clients. He seemed a little pushy about the extent of work they had done and what they could do for us, but overall we liked what we saw and the price seemed fair. We signed the contract and he set a date of June 2nd to start with a 2 week timeframe. I was a little irritated when the 2nd came and we hadn't received a phone call. After a few calls, Gary called me back and said the job got pushed back a week. So we started on the 9th and I was immediately put at ease when the plumbers came in and started working. After that, things slowed down a bit because our main guy, Chris was working most of the time on his own on what I believe is at least a 2 person job. Needless to say, 2 weeks and a couple of corrections (that were taken care of without complaint) later, our bathroom looks really nice!

Description of Work
They refinished our bathroom, pulled out the tub and created a larger, tiled shower with an area for us to create a linen closet or other storage.

11/25/2013

Patricia R.

HOURS: The hours were unconventional, erratic and inconsiderate of the us, the homeowners. They arrived extremely late in the morning/ early afternoon and many times they worked late evenings, sometimes as late as 8:30 p.m. They were disorganized, and seemed ill prepared to do the job at hand. When they did show up, they started work and then would disappear for several hours and then come back. The employees on the job were inconsistent as far as who was on the job. It appeared that they were stretched between other jobs and doing a little bit of work here then going to another job instead of starting and completing the job. INEXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES: Some of the employees that they had on the job were inexperienced and or careless. PRODUCT INSTALLATION: The biggest problem was the with work that was sloppy on everything. The floor grout was supposed to be black. It was not black after it dried. Gary Ebersole, the owner said he had never had this happen before, (yet one of his employees said they had dealt with this before). Gary tried to tell us that the color the grout had dried to was actually how it was supposed to look even though he had a sample of the grout color swatch and it definitely was not that color. That color swatch sample grout was what he showed us when we selected the color. In one effort to resolve the grout issue, Gary had an employee come out and Dremel out all of the grout on the floor and grout it again. Initially it looked black, but as it dried it became a lite gray again. Gary talked with the manufacturer of the grout and they suggested an acid wash. Gary assured us that the acid wash would not compromise the integrity of the grout and that it would resolve the issue. The grout was compromised and started to crack and crumble and pull out of the cracks (see pics). Additionally, the contractor that came in and tore up the tiles that were laid by Indy Reno said the tiles had been "buttered". That each tile had been spread with the adhesive instead of the adhesive being spread on the floor (the correct way). The tile came up too easy, the tiles show that they were "buttered" as opposed to the floor (see pics). We made it clear to Gary that if it did resolve the grout color issue we did not want them in our house anymore. We told Gary that we would hire someone else to complete the job appropriately and he could pay to have the work done by another contractor. We were finished with the lies, the excuses, ignoring calls and emails from us; the complete lack of consideration for what we were experiencing. The job dated back to March and they had been in time after time and we were still dealing with the original issues. It was apparent that his employees created additional problems when they tried to resolve one issue. The toilet was installed crooked and was "running" constantly. Now it does not flush appropriately after the last employee "fixed" it because it was running. Now it only does a partial flush, therefore never completely cleaning out the bowl of used water and filling with clean water. PAINTING: Gary had an employee that had worked as a "union" painter for 30+years come out to do some finish work that was not done right the first couple of times when one or more of his employees had been on the job. The employee sent out to clean up the mess by other employees was obviously "rusty" as far as his skills (see pics). This employee painted over a board that he had replaced; the end of it had not been sanded smooth. When I asked the employee why it was not sanded, he said he was "going " to sand it, he had just put a primer on it???? Gary even concurred that that excuse did not make sense. When we told that employee to pack up his tools that he was finished working at our house because we were not satisfied with what we were seeing he called Gary. Prior to Gary personally seeing the work that his "well seasoned painter, drywall finisher and trim work person" had completed, Gary insisted that no one had ever been dissatisfied with this particular employees work. Gary again emphasizing the employees experience was defiant that there would be an issue. I told Gary that there were things I could do years ago "real well " that I cannot do as well as I used to as a rebuttal to his continuing rhetoric and excuses. DRYWALL FINISH: poor at best by several employees WOOD TRIM WORK: nail holes not filled, the corners were not squared. The trim work did not even meet in the corners, there was a gap left in between the 1/4 round pieces in the corner. The last employee on the job "fixed" it (see pic) and it still did not meet in the corner, one more reason to send him home. EMPLOYEE ATTITUDES: two employees argued on the job so that I could hear about their displeasure at having to come back and correct their previous work. Another employee cursed and argued loudly with Gary on the phone about walking off the job at our house because Gary was pushing him to finish another job. That employee had been called in to our job to "correct" other employees work. That employee vocalized to us what was going on after he got off the phone with Gary and he did apologize to us.

Description of Work
They were hired to renovate our master bathroom. They installed a new shower unit , new toilet, removed the whirlpool tub, installed new counter/ sinks, ceramic tile floor and backsplash. There was drywall work to be done after removal of bath and installation of shower. There price did not include all materials, only some of them. We provided some of the materials with Indy Reno installing them.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

05/14/2011

LISA G.

They did an excellent job. I wasn't very happy with the job all around. We liked their tiling work but not the plumbing. The tile guys, Randy and William, did an excellent job. He sent his two young sons for the plumbing work and they did not know what they were doing. We ended up having to finish it even though we had paid them. I would recommend them as tile people and not plumbers. We had initially agreed on a price, but then he started charging us for things when they started coming in. He wanted to charge us an extra $1800 for the glass shower doors. I did not agree and had to go to Home Depot and they ensured that he got back to the original quote and I was not charged anything extra. I would only use them in the future if I needed tile work done.

Description of Work
We hired Indy Renovation through Home Depot. They did a custom shower and custom tub. They did our floors and three quarters of walls and tile.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

04/01/2009

JOANNA R.

He was professional, with a laptop diagram and referrals but never got back with me with a final estimate. I later hired another company from Angie's List who did a great job and had better products.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate. Gary Ebersole came out and looked at project.

08/11/2008

Zulneb Marie P.

LAST YEAR, BEFORE WE CLOSED OUR CONTRACT, MR. GARY SAID THAT THEY WILL FINISH THE PROJECT IN TWO MONTHS BUT IT TOOK THEM OVER THREE MONTHS. WHEN THE CONTRACT WAS CLOSED AND THEY STARTED WORKING,THE FIRST PEOPLE THAT HE SENT TO WORK ON IT DIDN'T CLEAN UP THE MESS THEY MADE; BEFORE THEY FINISHED, MY HUSBAND NOTICED THE CABINETRY WHERE THE MIRRORS WERE ATTACHED (ABOVE THE SINK) WAS CROOKED SO REQUESTED FOR IT TO BE REPLACED, IT TOOK THEM ALMOST TWO OR THREE MONTHS TO REPLACE IT AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CALL US BACK TO LET US KNOW THAT THEY WERE HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING IT THAT WE HAVE TO KEEP ON CALLING THEM AND CHECKING ON IT. AFTER THE JOB WAS DONE, WE HAVE TO CALL GARY, THE OWNER, TO FIX THE SURROUNDING OF THE TOILET BECAUSE IT KEEP ON LEAKING. HE ALSO SAID THAT HE GAVE US THE BEST KIND OF TOILET SEAT AND YET MY OLD BATHROOMS' TOILET SEAT IS MUCH OLDER THAN THIS BUT THE ONE HE PUT IN IS TURNING INTO YELLOW, MY OLD ONE IS STILL WHITE. I TOLD HIM ABOUT THIS BUT HE DIDN'T RESPOND, I ASSUMED IT CANNOT BE REPLACED. WE SPENT $15,000.00 DOLLARS FOR THIS ADDITIONAL BATHROOM BUT WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER COMPANY FOR THIS PROJECT.

Description of Work
THIS COMPANY ADDED A NEW BATHROOM FROM THE EXISTING LITTLE BEDROOM IN OUR HOUSE.

07/15/2008

HEIDI & Tyler S.

Gary came to my house and met with me for a couple of hours, and I really appreciated him taking that much time to show me the models they would be using. A week later he provided a final estimate. We chose not to move forward with this company only because we decided to invest in a new roof instead, but we will strongly consider him when we do have the kitchen done.

Description of Work
Gary, the owner, provided a detailed estimate for our kitchen remodel. estimated cost: $10,200.00.

06/27/2008

JAN G.

They did very good work. They did a really good job. They had to come back out a couple of times because this was the first time they had installed a steam shower (as I had ordered it online). They worked well with the company that sold the unit and now everything works just great. The total cost was broken down into two payments; the down payment ($2,315) and then the final payment ($2,345). I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
They tore out an old fashioned step in bathtub/shower. They then installed a new steam shower. They put in new flooring and new wallpaper where it was needed as well.

Category flooring contractor, wallpaper, home remodeling

06/27/2008

JEFFREY C.

The owner of the company was very accommodating. He would listen to all of my complaints and worked to make them satisfactory to both of us. His workman were always prompt, clean and didn't mess up the house even though they were doing major things. When they first started the job they finished the job. One thing that I wasn't happy with, was the shower door. I told the workman that it wasn't the right shower door when he was installing it, and they assured me that it was. When I talked to the owner, he told me that it wasn't the right shower door. The owner seemed a little upset that I wasn't more forceful with the worker as they had to take it out and install the right one, eating the cost of the work. There was some grout around the tile when they were finished. They didn't check with me when they were completed with the work, they just moved on. I wish they had a final walk through with the owner so we could really be assured everything was alright.

Description of Work
They remodeled a bathroom. This was a half done project. We took out the shower/tub combination and made it a shower, next to it we added a stand alone air jet tub. We put new tile floors in, tiled the back of the shower and installed a new counter top.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

06/18/2007

KIMBERLY D.

Great. They were punctual and the bathroom looked wonderful. They only did the work we asked, and did not try to sell us things we didn't want. (Did not want the bathtub or toilet replaced, and did not try to push us to do so. We also wanted to do all the walls ourselves, and they accommodated us as we asked.)

Description of Work
Retiled bathroom floor and tub/shower wall. Replace cabinets/countertops in bathroom. Converted single sink to a double sink. Reset basement sink and toilet (separate bathroom) and capped off unused water lines.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

WE'RE ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE HAPPY CUSTOMERS. WE APPRECIATE THE COMMENTS AND HOPE TO DO SATISFACTORY WORK FOR THIS CUSTOMER AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.

10/26/2006

JANET & JOHN D.

Would never allow ourselves to be ripped off this way.

Description of Work
Company just gave estimate: install 3 bathroom grab bars, new tub spout, new pop up assembly for faucet. The estimate was extremely excessive. $1685. (This included tearing up and replacing drywall and repainting walls by grab bars.) Totally ridiculous for such a small amount of work.

Category remodeling

IT IS UNFORTUNATE WHEN WE HAVE A DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER. OUR ESTIMATE ACTUALLY INCLUDED FULL DRYWALL PATCHING WITH TWO TRIPS FOR SANDING AND PAINTING, AS WELL AS PLACING BACK BOARDS FOR SUPPORT BEHIND THE DRYWALL FOR THE GRAB BARS. OUR WARRANTY GUARANTEES THAT A PERSONS WEIGHT MAY BE HELD WITHOUT WORRY OF FALLING DUE TO A STUD BREAKING OR BAR PULLING AWAY FROM ITS SUPPORT. OUR PRICES WOULD PROBABLY HAVE BEEN CHEAPER FOR THE PLUMBING REPAIRS ALONE. OUR POLICY IS TO MAKE TWO CONTACT CALLS TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AND MAKE AMENDMENTS, THEN TO CONFIRM OR CANCEL THE SERVICES PROPOSED IN OUR ESTIMATES. OUR SINCEREST APOLOGIES FOR BEING PUSHY AND WE HOPE TO CONTINUE PROVIDING THE BEST AND SAFEST SERVICE AS A MEMBER OF THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS IN THE FUTURE.