Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Ottumwa, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Ottumwa
- Built Right MasonryBuilt Right Masonry (Dan Wietzke) does professional, beautiful quality masonry. They did all the masonry work on a big addition to our house. They also poured our garage floor, built a fantastic stone BBQ on the deck and created a feature, stacked stone wall in our diningroom. They give 100% accurate bids, show up on time and clean up when they leave. I've used them a number of times & have been totally satisfied each and every time
- McElmeel Plastering & Masonry IncI contacted Dennis well in advance of the build start. He talked me through what he needed to get started and at what point he entered the build process. He showed up on schedule. He worked with me on the stone I had picked out. The stone distributor I picked the stone from was not very motivated to get me samples. Dennis worked with them to get them to ship me samples and then later to get the appropriate tonnage shipped to the site. He said it was some of the hardest stone he had worked with, but he got it done and the stone and masonry is beautiful. Several months later (after the drywall had been installed and there was water available inside) they started the mudding process on the drywall. They worked so hard and brought in bullet heaters to get the mud to dry more rapidly. I really wanted to move in before Christmas and they helped me accomplish that goal. They had to bring in scaffolding to do the pitched ceilings of the the great room, but It was really amazing to watch them up on stilts mudding the ceilings and higher sections of the walls in the other rooms
- Allen MasonryHe also did the job for less then he quoted. The Crew was hard working and professional. I can not say enough good things about Tj and his fantastic crew. I will recommend them to every one i know. We have decided to hold off on selling it for now. Because it looks Wonderful and we want to use it for ourselves now
- JOHN'S TUCKPOINTINGI talked to John and he suggested I come by the job he was completing to view his work. He had just completed the tuckpointing of an apartment building and I was impressed with his attention to detail and hard work ethic.John stopped by the day after I called and gave me an estimate to do the tuckpointing on my house. John is very earnest and friendly with an easy going confidence in his work. He said that if we had to replace some bricks there would be an additional charge depending on how many bricks had to be replaced. My 1923 bungalow has wire cut bricks which are hard to find. John went around to local brickyards to find suitable replacements. However, I was able to find some spare bricks in the basement and garage which John used in the process. He replaced about 20 bricks. Before tuckpointing John suggested a powerwash of the bricks for an additional cost. This made a huge difference! I found out that my house has red/orange brick, not chocolate/brown brick. The wire cut bricks get dirty and made the house look very drab. John's crew was professional and very friendly. I bought them a bucket chicken upon completion of the job for which they were very appreciative. The house looks great! Their job was professional and completed ontime despite the inclimate weather. I would highly recommend John's Tuckpointing
- Custom Brick and Stone Co., IncWe are 100% satisfied with Custom Brick and Stone. The don't just come in and do minimum work. They explained in detail what needed immediate attention and what could wait a year or two but definitely needs to be done within that time frame. The workers were fast and efficient. They were very polite. I was quite concerned about getting the chimney flue in the living room cleaned -- I had never seen it done and had visions of brushes being vigorously used with soot flying into the living room!!! Little did I know! The work was done from the top of the chimney with a cover placed in front of the fireplace opening to prevent any soot from escaping. If I hadn't been standing right there while the chimney was being cleaned, I would never have known it had been done. Except that it was absolutely amazing to see individual bricks in the fire box that had been covered with years and years of soot! I highly recommend Custom Brick and Stone. Be sure to visit their website to view the work they have done on several historic houses in Keokuk, the Rand Park Pavilion, and the Chief Keokuk Monument in Rand Park
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- BOECKER'S MASONRYThese bigger contractors throw the little guy (me) a inflated price and hope you bite. They gave me a quote for 1650.00. I had the work done for 275.00 to my satisfaction.
- Dave Walker ConstructionThe stairs initially looked great, until the cement started chipping away a couple of months later. I had contacted him numerous times to come take a look at the faulty stairs and gave him plenty of chances to stand by his work and repair it. He continued to give me the run around and kept telling me "next week, maybe". Well, "next week" never came around and my stairs have never been fixed. When I told him that I was thinking about taking legal action, he replied, "Go ahead, it's nothing new.". I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE
Masonry Contractors in Ottumwa
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:This company is the best! I was impressed from the beginning with how clear they were in the quote on what exactly was to be done, so there were no surprises. Everyone on the crew was courteous and professional. The work was completed ahead of scheduleAmanda C.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:Frase Construction Inc is a locally owned and operated business in the Ottumwa area since 1999. Business owner, Jeremy Frase invites you to come visit his showroom, complete with a large variety of retail products. Frase Construction specializes in new construction and remodeling. Serves include: - Roofing - Additions - Windows - Siding - Kitchens & Baths - Cabinets - Concrete - Electrical - Plumbing - Decks - Garages - General contractors - Designed build - Egress Windows - Casement W..Recent Review:<strong><em>TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I won a contest and they would do a remodeling project FOR FREE.....I would NOT hire them!!!! The handrail they installed by the stool was on the wrong side and my MIL can not use it (they installed it on the side that her stroke left her paralyzed on) they put in a sink and got a $98 vanity from Menards and it's one with a vanity under it (something else my MIL can NOT use in the bathroom....in order to get a wheelchair under a sink....it needs to be a pedestal style) the floor wasn't level and they didn't level it and then they installed peel n stick linoleum tiles and they aren't sticking very good.....the shower leaked SOOOO bad that we had to re-seal it all TWICE because the floor was soaked (water running all over bathroom to low spot.) To me, if they had never done a bathroom for handicapped accessible, they needed to ask someone that has taken care of a handicapped person OR gone to a nursing home and looked at WHAT they needed to do!!!! We spent almost $200 just fixing the leak and putting in bars on the side they needed to be on!!!! (we had to ASK-at the end of the remodel- "aren't you gonna paint?" I mean REALLY.....come on!!!!!!!!!</em></strong> <br /S s.
- Recent Review:Took some doing to contact this vendor. Came to the house to bid the job, but I wasn't sure when he was going to actually come as he was working another job on the other side of town and this one started when that was done. Crew showed up and removed old retaining wall blocks and left them stacked on my driveway. Finally got rid of them by a friend of my mailman hauling them off. Crew came back next day and installed first retaining wall. Some of the cap blocks were a different color and some had sharp edges on the side where people walk. End one was left with a square cap on top of a triangular shaped end block. Owner was not a happy camper when I pointed these things out, and blamed the differences on the poor quality of the materials provided by the Menards store where he bought them. I added another wall section to match the new one for the other side of the entry sidewalk. and some tuck pointing work . Nothing much to complain about except the wall crossed over the spot where a downspout was, so he got a piece of downspout from a friend he knew, installed it (despite being a white bend for a beige downspout) and told me his friend would be by to fix it right and then he would come back and finish the end of the wall. Of course his friend never showed up and he never came back nor fixed the end of the wall. He also tuck pointed a couple of brick ends and I am now fixing that work, as the brickwork was not wet down and allowed to soak in before applying the grout and then not dampened for a couple of days, so the grout has separated. <br /Michael B.
- Business Description:We currently have no special promotions.
- Business Description:Creative Home Renovations provides top quality services with competitive prices through our dedication to detail to each project assuring only the best for each of our clients. A business is only as good as its people and this is especially true in the construction industry. Whatever your dreams may be for your future project, rest assured it will be handled promptly, professionally, with 100% satisfaction with our company going and beyond the expectations for our clientele. Your home is pro..
- Business Description:Flexible hours to fit your needs. Free estimates. Reliable, professional, insured.
- Business Description:Our company is family owned & operated. We have been exceeding expectations in the Midwest since; 1983. Our state of the art technology provides you with precise high quality stone work. We also have gifted artisans to create your vision or replicate century old restorations. Our passionate, knowledgeable team, strives to make your business with Premier Brick & Stone a positive experience. Stone countertops are created & installed by our team. We have a large group of highly respected mas..
- Business Description:We have 3 employee's at the moment. Depending on size of job. Half is due upfront before work is started.Recent Review:I like them a lot. They were good to me. They took my old counter top and remove the sink,took out, the old stove and the placed new counter top, sink, glass top flat stove and new stainless steel hood. They charged me exactly the amount they quoted me. they were friendly, honest and they gave me a detailed quote. They are a small company but they gave me a very good service. I was impressed. They even cleaned after the work was doneKatherine G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Ottumwa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa
- Audino Frank Construction Inc
- Behncke Construction Inc.1009 W. 2nd St.
- Behncke Construction Inc.
- D&D Landscape and Masonry17587 Hwy 34 W
- D&D Landscape and Masonry
- Premier Brick & Stone2769 Stonegate Ct.
- Premier Brick & Stone
- Rebling Chimney Service2878 150th Street
- Rebling Chimney Service
- Tri State Pumping Inc1070 2nd Ave NE
Sioux Center, Iowa
- Tri State Pumping Inc