Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Ottumwa, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Ottumwa
- McElmeel Plastering & Masonry IncI contacted Dennis well in advance of the build start. He talked me through what he needed to get started and at what point he entered the build process. He showed up on schedule. He worked with me on the stone I had picked out. The stone distributor I picked the stone from was not very motivated to get me samples. Dennis worked with them to get them to ship me samples and then later to get the appropriate tonnage shipped to the site. He said it was some of the hardest stone he had worked with, but he got it done and the stone and masonry is beautiful. Several months later (after the drywall had been installed and there was water available inside) they started the mudding process on the drywall. They worked so hard and brought in bullet heaters to get the mud to dry more rapidly. I really wanted to move in before Christmas and they helped me accomplish that goal. They had to bring in scaffolding to do the pitched ceilings of the the great room, but It was really amazing to watch them up on stilts mudding the ceilings and higher sections of the walls in the other rooms
- JOHN'S TUCKPOINTINGI talked to John and he suggested I come by the job he was completing to view his work. He had just completed the tuckpointing of an apartment building and I was impressed with his attention to detail and hard work ethic.John stopped by the day after I called and gave me an estimate to do the tuckpointing on my house. John is very earnest and friendly with an easy going confidence in his work. He said that if we had to replace some bricks there would be an additional charge depending on how many bricks had to be replaced. My 1923 bungalow has wire cut bricks which are hard to find. John went around to local brickyards to find suitable replacements. However, I was able to find some spare bricks in the basement and garage which John used in the process. He replaced about 20 bricks. Before tuckpointing John suggested a powerwash of the bricks for an additional cost. This made a huge difference! I found out that my house has red/orange brick, not chocolate/brown brick. The wire cut bricks get dirty and made the house look very drab. John's crew was professional and very friendly. I bought them a bucket chicken upon completion of the job for which they were very appreciative. The house looks great! Their job was professional and completed ontime despite the inclimate weather. I would highly recommend John's Tuckpointing
- Built Right MasonryBuilt Right Masonry (Dan Wietzke) does professional, beautiful quality masonry. They did all the masonry work on a big addition to our house. They also poured our garage floor, built a fantastic stone BBQ on the deck and created a feature, stacked stone wall in our diningroom. They give 100% accurate bids, show up on time and clean up when they leave. I've used them a number of times & have been totally satisfied each and every time
- Allen MasonryHe also did the job for less then he quoted. The Crew was hard working and professional. I can not say enough good things about Tj and his fantastic crew. I will recommend them to every one i know. We have decided to hold off on selling it for now. Because it looks Wonderful and we want to use it for ourselves now
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- Custom Brick and Stone Co., IncWe are 100% satisfied with Custom Brick and Stone. The don't just come in and do minimum work. They explained in detail what needed immediate attention and what could wait a year or two but definitely needs to be done within that time frame. The workers were fast and efficient. They were very polite. I was quite concerned about getting the chimney flue in the living room cleaned -- I had never seen it done and had visions of brushes being vigorously used with soot flying into the living room!!! Little did I know! The work was done from the top of the chimney with a cover placed in front of the fireplace opening to prevent any soot from escaping. If I hadn't been standing right there while the chimney was being cleaned, I would never have known it had been done. Except that it was absolutely amazing to see individual bricks in the fire box that had been covered with years and years of soot! I highly recommend Custom Brick and Stone. Be sure to visit their website to view the work they have done on several historic houses in Keokuk, the Rand Park Pavilion, and the Chief Keokuk Monument in Rand Park
- BOECKER'S MASONRYThese bigger contractors throw the little guy (me) a inflated price and hope you bite. They gave me a quote for 1650.00. I had the work done for 275.00 to my satisfaction.
- Dave Walker ConstructionThe stairs initially looked great, until the cement started chipping away a couple of months later. I had contacted him numerous times to come take a look at the faulty stairs and gave him plenty of chances to stand by his work and repair it. He continued to give me the run around and kept telling me "next week, maybe". Well, "next week" never came around and my stairs have never been fixed. When I told him that I was thinking about taking legal action, he replied, "Go ahead, it's nothing new.". I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE
Masonry Contractors in Ottumwa
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:Behncke has completed a half dozen jobs for me in the past. The work team walked through the area double checking the jobs that needed to be done. They covered the ground where they would be working so when they finished, they left nothing behind except the fine work they did. They broke open the cracked areas of the stucco, and in most cases on the north, they were able to apply 1 layer of hand mixed concrete. The south and west sides had large patches of of cracked concrete. When they were removed, I could see the wall of the original wood house built 103 yrs. ago. The crew had to replace rusty wire; they filled the areas with several layers of concrete. Fortunately the weather was with them all 3 days. I like the way the guys worked together and kept me in the loop. They were on hourly wage, even so they worked quickly but carefully and deserved every hour of pay. I like Behncke Construction: small group of seasoned workers, reasonable rates for QUALITY work, and nothing left behind but a surface ready for siding. Over 35 yrs. I have always chosen smaller, local companies whose workers have been with the company for various lengths of time. Over the the long run, companies like Behncke Construction and their employees have improved my home and thus my neighborhood. I know the siding company will appreciate they can do quality work because the underlying surface was done with care. Hats off to another successful quality job completed by Behncke Construction, Inc.! <br /Kathleen O.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Expert House Movers brought a crew of 6-8 & came in late August 2013 to start the process of raising & moving the house. My husband had done all the prep work of disconnecting the utilities & removing the furnace, etc. They dug access ramps to the old foundation/basement with bobcats. They poked good sized holes around the foundation so they could put in steel beams and jack up the house. Our foundation was from 1917 & built from old creek gravel cement, so it was pretty tough. It took three & half days to jack the house & move it over the driveway. It seemed really fast to me. The only thing to fall in the house was a picture off the piano. We still had access to the house through a tall ladder to get clothes, etc. that we needed. <br /> We took over the process of arranging excavation, concrete pouring, and carpenters with more local contractors. Expert does have concrete people & others they use in the St Louis area that know exactly the requirements needed for the new foundation. <br /> After the basement was poured & cured (curing takes about 3-4 weeks), Expert returned in October 2013 to move & set the house. They had been in contact with the concrete man for specifications, but there were no slots for the beams when setting the house down. A concrete worker had to come & cut those slots. We had a carpenter on hand to finish the sill installment & make sure the sills for the permanent beams was correct & set the support posts in the basement. We also had a friend's tractor help Expert's bobcat pull the house back over the foundation. While all this was going on, Expert was jacking and moving supports & placing slider beams & raising & lowering the house. The process was complete in about 2 1/2 days with care & precision. Some of the cracks in our house even disappeared. Great job guys. <br /> Our carpenters returned to build a staircase & some other requirements. We are working on re-connecting utilities & returning the furnace, water heater, etc. to the new basement. We plan to move back into the house in the first week or so in November 2013. It's been a long process, but well worth it. Made possible by Expert House Movers! <br /Teri S.
- Business Description:We currently have no special promotions.
- Business Description:Our company is family owned & operated. We have been exceeding expectations in the Midwest since; 1983. Our state of the art technology provides you with precise high quality stone work. We also have gifted artisans to create your vision or replicate century old restorations. Our passionate, knowledgeable team, strives to make your business with Premier Brick & Stone a positive experience. Stone countertops are created & installed by our team. We have a large group of highly respected mas..
- Business Description:We offer a full range of chimney services from sweeping, inspection, and repair. We're able to run a camera to view the inside of the chimney to assure inspection accuracy. We take pictures of the exterior chimney to show you before and after pictures of your repairs. We want to educate fire safety to help prolong the life of your chimney system
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:Flexible hours to fit your needs. Free estimates. Reliable, professional, insured.
- Recent Review:Took some doing to contact this vendor. Came to the house to bid the job, but I wasn't sure when he was going to actually come as he was working another job on the other side of town and this one started when that was done. Crew showed up and removed old retaining wall blocks and left them stacked on my driveway. Finally got rid of them by a friend of my mailman hauling them off. Crew came back next day and installed first retaining wall. Some of the cap blocks were a different color and some had sharp edges on the side where people walk. End one was left with a square cap on top of a triangular shaped end block. Owner was not a happy camper when I pointed these things out, and blamed the differences on the poor quality of the materials provided by the Menards store where he bought them. I added another wall section to match the new one for the other side of the entry sidewalk. and some tuck pointing work . Nothing much to complain about except the wall crossed over the spot where a downspout was, so he got a piece of downspout from a friend he knew, installed it (despite being a white bend for a beige downspout) and told me his friend would be by to fix it right and then he would come back and finish the end of the wall. Of course his friend never showed up and he never came back nor fixed the end of the wall. He also tuck pointed a couple of brick ends and I am now fixing that work, as the brickwork was not wet down and allowed to soak in before applying the grout and then not dampened for a couple of days, so the grout has separated. <br /Michael B.
- Business Description:Professional Quality Concrete pumping for the last 12 years. We make sure the the job gets done right regardless of how big or small. Specialize in Residential,Commercial and agriculture - Basements - Block Grouting - Driveways - Short Walls - All Flat-work - Lite form walls Call Us Today
- Business Description:Creative Home Renovations provides top quality services with competitive prices through our dedication to detail to each project assuring only the best for each of our clients. A business is only as good as its people and this is especially true in the construction industry. Whatever your dreams may be for your future project, rest assured it will be handled promptly, professionally, with 100% satisfaction with our company going and beyond the expectations for our clientele. Your home is pro..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Ottumwa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa 51103
- Audino Frank Construction Inc
- Behncke Construction Inc.1009 W. 2nd St.
Davenport, Iowa 52802
- Behncke Construction Inc.
- D&D Landscape and Masonry17587 Hwy 34 W
Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
- D&D Landscape and Masonry
- Premier Brick & Stone2769 Stonegate Ct.
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- Premier Brick & Stone
- Rebling Chimney Service2878 150th Street
Brighton, Iowa 52540
- Rebling Chimney Service
- Tri State Pumping Inc1070 2nd Ave NE
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250
- Tri State Pumping Inc