Doug's Pinestraw

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2015

We install pine straw. We also do retaining walls, paver stone patios, hardscapes, any type of yard work, over growth clean ups, bush trimming, bob cat work, track hoe work, small land clearing, leaf clean ups, flower and bushes installed, trees installed, small trees removed, french drains

before and afterbefore and after roof cleaningsoft washing a roof

pressure washing (32)lawn & landscaping (16)lawn care (10)deck cleaning (6)mulch delivering (6)gutter cleaning (6)decks & porches (4)

05/03/2022

Tommy G.

Extremely satisfied with entire transaction. Doug responded almost immediately to my request for a quote. Gave quote over the phone and scheduled day/time to come out. Three man crew arrived right on time and wasted no time going to work. Did not rush doing the job and end result was, fence looked like new. Will definitely use Doug for other projects in the future.

Description of Work
Pressure wash a filthy fence

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

07/19/2019

Mark W.

Doug and his crew did an AMAZING job! They arrived on time, worked all day (even through several rain showers) and exceeded our expectations! When the job was complete, they hauled away all of the old materials and cleaned up around the work area. We will definitely be utilizing Doug and his crew for more jobs!

Description of Work
Replaced wood retaining wall with stone

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Review for Doug's Pinestraw - 27 Cedars Glen Way, VILLA RICA, GA - 37994691

awesome very glad we could help you out and looking foward to the next project

07/10/2019

Lena L.

They did a great job! They were on time, professional and communicative.

Description of Work
They pressure washed my house, deck and the driveway.

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Thank you very much I would be happy to do your project again.

04/05/2019

Jan E.

team consisting of Taylor, Cody, and Garrett showed up on time this morning and installed 100 bales of pine straw in about an hour. Guys did great job of installation to include the cleaning up at the end and I was very happy with the efficiency of process.

Description of Work
installed 100 bales of pine straw

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

Thank you for the opportunity to work for you looking forward to the next project

03/26/2019

John R.

Keith and Eric arrived on time and did an Excellent job! They were very courteous and professional. My house and driveway look great! I would definitely recommend Doug’s Pressure Washing and Pinestraw for your pressure washing project.

Description of Work
My house and driveway were in desperate need of cleaning.

Category pressure washing

thank you very much for the project and we are looking foward to the next one.

07/05/2018

Ashley S.

We only use Doug's Pine Straw for all of our pressure washing needs. When we first moved to our home, we attempted to pressure wash the driveway ourselves. Epic fail. So we let the pros do what they do best and Doug and his team are pros! We moved out of our home and needed the driveway and garage pressure washed. They called and stayed in constant contact with us throughout the process. Excellent customer service and they ALWAYS do an amazing job!

Description of Work
Pressure wash driveway and garage

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

Thank you very much for letting us do another project for you looking forward to helping you again

06/14/2018

David H.

Everything went great, as it should have. The company was prompt and the crew was professional. We were very pleased with the price, the responsiveness and the quality of work. We will be repeat customers for sure.

Description of Work
Pressure Wash house and two driveways

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

thank you very much we appreciate the work and look forward to the next project

05/07/2018

James M.

We had our house, driveway, pool deck, sidewalk, and detached garage all pressure washed. The guys showed up early, were extremely professional, and did an amazing job. I would recommed and will defintely use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

thank you very much for the project we enjoyed working with you as well looking forward to the next project.

03/08/2018

Chet H.

Had our driveway, sidewalk, and 23 year old privacy fence cleaned today. Results are greater than expectations. Our old black fence looks just about brand new, inside and out. We have been using Doug for many years for his usual great pine straw delivery. Highly recommend Doug and his men, utmost professionalism.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

thanks a lot we appreciate the work and ready for the next project

02/24/2018

Prashant P.

Job well done. Professional, Punctual and Reasonable Price.

Description of Work
Pressure Washing

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

02/12/2018

Alan W.

Not so well. Pulled the old bait and switch, charging higher price when delivered. Had specifically cleared that before giving them go-ahead over phone, then they charged higher price per bale when they showed up. Would not have used if they'd quoted that price originally. Would have been repeat customer and have given them other work if they'd resolved in an honorable fashion.

Description of Work
Pinstraw to be delivered and spread.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

We gave you the price and when you didn't like the price we had no problem leaving you wanted us to go ahead I've never done a bait a switch with anyone you tried to scam us with a lower price when we got there

12/13/2017

Jerri D.

Great! Arrived on time, did the job in amazing time, and was off before I could turn around.

Description of Work
Purchased and spread 50 bales of Pinestraw.

Category lawn service

Thank you very much for the project and review looking forward to the next project

09/09/2017

Monica B.

It went very well and I was very satisfied with Doug and his staff and the work he had completed.

Description of Work
I had a tree come down in my front yard on 5/4/17. It tore up the retaining wall and after dealing with a crooked contractor who quit my home repairs and took monies he was not due, needless to say as a single woman and senior citizen i -was very overwhelmed. I called Doug and he came out and gave me an honest estimate and advice. He was on time and very sweet and understanding of my entire situation. His crew(Chris) came out yesterday and completed the job, after encountering wasp nest in the retaining wall. They were wonderful and I am completely satisfied with the job they completed. I would recommend Doug to everyone. He was a blessing and honest gentleman and I would hire him again. I so appreciated his help and honesty and the work he performed looks great. Thank you!

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

awesome thank you for the project you were also great to work with. im tired of these crooked contractors ripping folks off and giving us all bad names i belive some of these guys start out with good intentions but get overwhelmed and run from the job. either way glad your happy i hope you are able to get your money bac km from the other guy maybe contact fox 5 send them after him.

08/17/2017

Cynthia M.

Great! The guys arrived on time, walked around pointed areas out where they would focus extra time and effort. Had me run upstairs and look at the top flashing to make sure it was good (needed to go over one area a few times bc of height and stubborn spider webs and black "yuck"-but he finally got it perfectly clean). Price was what he said it would be. Cleaned up, put our hoses back in place. Just plain 100%professional and good quality work.

Description of Work
Pressure washing house - 20' high+ to get to flashing area.

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

awesome I'm very happy your happy

06/15/2017

Bryan R.

We were very please with the work which took 2 days to compele. The crew worked extremely hard to complete on time and were nice guys to deal with especially the crew chief / foreman

Description of Work
1. At the deck we can make a gully like we discussed so water flows around the deck. Then we will line the gully with weed block fabric then we will line this with river rock to make a dry creek bed. We will also line the stones up against the back of the house. 2. On the hill we can spray the hill to kill off the grass and install 50-1 gallon junipers on the hill. Then we will pinestraw this. We guarantee 1/3 of our plants for 6 months any more die than that due to not watering. 3. We looked at burying the 2 gutters off the back of the house to the woods 4. We looked at adding a drain under the deck before the step stones 5. We looked at fixing the step stones behind the pool like the ones to the side 6. We looked at using 1 pallet of shade tolerant Bermuda sod in the front yard to patch bare areas 7. Adding rock over garden boxes and adding some stones to the creek bed behind pool and working stones and raising the gate up where it should be.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

06/13/2017

George P.

Everything went great - would hire again.

Description of Work
Overgrown/debris removal and pine straw installation

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

05/15/2017

Susan C.

Doug communicated well throughout the process. Due to weather issues our scheduled date had to be pushed back, but he let us know in advance. The crew was prompt and very accommodating when I pointed out some areas I wanted smoothed out a little more where they added the top soil. Worked efficiently the entire time. Very polite and proffessionial.

Description of Work
They aerated and seeded and fertilized the entire yard. They also brought in top soil and did extra work on areas that had washed and added wheat straw to those areas. They then put pine straw in all our beds and along our fence.

Category lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

thank you very much for the job looking forward to the next one

05/01/2017

Terry C.

They did a good job on most of it. Several areas were very thin and had to repeatedly ask to make it thicker. Apparently they did not have enough pinestraw. When I called I told them I wasn't sure how many bales we needed. The workers were very rude and condescending. My wife was very uncomfortable with them.

Description of Work
Pinestraw was laid in landscaping areas

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

im shocked to read this we careless about doing a job 1 time we want repeat customers my crew leaders understand this because without customers they would be out of a job. as far as the thickness most customers we deal with dont want it thick because of cost then i have those who want it a foot thick we have plenty of straw and no problem putting it down. i wont beg for work but i guarantee if you had us back there wont be a issue. im sorry you werent completly satisfied

03/29/2017

Joanne H.

The job was great and they worked very fast. They even did hung a swing for my next door neighbor for an extra fee. I was disappointed that they didn't have change, so I had to pay an extra $5.

Description of Work
They cleaned my gutters.

Category decks, gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

Thank you very much we usually don't have change most of customers pay in check

03/13/2017

Donna R.

They did a great job and the yard looks fantastic! The only glitch was they were supposed to arrive at 12 noon, but showed up at 9 am. Apparently they had a cancellation. It would have been nice if they had called to notify me they were coming 3 hours early. Glad I was home when they arrived. Other than that I would have given them all A's.

Description of Work
103 bales of pine straw installed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

01/05/2017

James L.

Doug's Pinestraw did a great job on the gutters. Doug was very professional and easy to do business with. His crew arrived on time and called me at work to let me know there were at the house starting the work.

Description of Work
Called up Doug and had them come and clean out the gutters at the house.

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

Thank you very much for letting us do your job we are happy to do any other project you got

11/11/2016

James S.

This company is the highest quality and most professional company of its type that we have ever worked with. The crew arrived right on time, completed the jobs quickly but with great attention to detail, and greatly exceeded our expectations. Thanks to Doug's Pine straw, the yard looks beautiful, which will definitely help us to sell our property. We will not hire anyone else in the future.

Description of Work
We are selling our house and needed 113 bales of new pinestraw put down, gutter cleaning and repair of two French drains.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 11/11/2016