Mason Dixon Contracting Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since October 2009

3.4

191 N Central Ave

Umatilla, FL 32784

Mason Dixon Contracting has served Central Florida since 1984. We'll make sure your home makes a striking impression, adding the greatest curb appeal in your neighborhood. Attention to detail, quality products and quality craftsmanship are key. As a GAF Master Elite Contractor we can certify your roof for either a Lifetime Systems Plus or Golden Pledge warranty; never worry about your roof again with a Lifetime roof system. Residential, commercial, new construction and repair services are available for all types of roofing including: ~ Radiant Barriers featuring Polaralum save 17 to 33% on energy costs • Asphalt shingles • Metal roofing • Tile roofing • Single ply We offer 25 year, 35 year and lifetime warranties. With so many products available, we'll help you make the best and safest choice. We are a full-service roofing company, and we handle everything from new roof installation, restoration and maintenance to re-roofs and repairs. Call us today and roof it right! God Bless "My name and reputation are important to me." Andrew Mason Dixon...

09/06/2018

lisa W.

Replaced my roof in Feb 2018 multiple issues they made holes in my stucco wall on each bay window didn't cut edge flashing correctly got tar all over my paint shingles don't meet the wall so there is a gap where metal flashing is exposed so water will sit on it and puddle they caused a dip in my roof didn't use one inch running boards to replace the old ones used thin plywood removed a gutter and metal fascia and didn't replace it charged me for things they didn't do trying to pad my bill, claiming they removed two layers of shingles when we had completely replaced this roof down to the deck yrs. ago, charging me for running board they never put on my roof they used thin plywood next to my one inch running boards, charging me for plywood they didn't use as I watched their workers take about 10 sheets with them, some in their truck and some in their dump truck claimed they would fix my roof but spent the last 6 mths harrassing and threatening me for money, I paid them over half up front, insurance didn't cover it. Sent someone out today after all this time but he clearly wasn't interested in doing anything other then making excuses. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone, they have no idea how to treat customers, as a 64 yr. old woman, this has been very very stressful. NEVER pay money up front, a reputable company will not ask you to do this, and want customers to be happy. the car I put here is what they wanted me, but they padded the bill by 4,000. wasn't able to load all the photos but the holes they put in the stucco and the plywood on front of house they put thin plywood next to 3/4 inch osb. the picture is how they left it.

Description of Work
roof replacement

08/18/2018

Jennifer L.

I wouldn't even give a star! They pushed for an AOB took my $4600 deposit but failed to mention the ability to file for permits had been suspended. After a month of no permit and them telling me the city was backed up I called the city...I was then informed that Mason Dixon was unable to file for permitting. They refused to refund my money and said they could file under their general contractors license. They did just that and completed my roof. I then found out my claim was being held up because the filed a $22k claim with my insurance company! Mind you I have an 1800sqft single story hip roof...fraud. They will not return my calls or answer the phone, I have gotten nothing but lies and a complete run around! Beware and never use Mason Dixon Roofing!

Description of Work
A new roif

08/24/2015

Deborah F.

Ten Years ago I had the roof replaced by Mason Dixon Contractors, five years later the ridge cap came loose and had to be reattached, again using the same company.. now just shy of ten years I have a leak showing up on the ceiling in one room of my home. I call Mason Dixon and asked to have someone come out the look for the leak and give an estimate of cost to repair. After calling several times over a 3 week period, finally someone comes out to look at the roof...This person was from Mason Dixon, and kept saying that "he had never seen anything like this, This was a terrible job" and that " Looked like they didn't do the job correctly to attach the cap and that it even looked like someone had stepped on one end of it crushing the cap " . I was given an estimate of $775.00 to remove and replace ridge vent, seal old nail holes/ install cap over ridge vent and seal. I have called multiple times to talk to the owner about the fact that the job dosen't seem to have been done correctly the first time and to make sure it will be done correctly this time and when it can be done. I have been told each time that he will call me back that day, I have not received a call yet and the leak in my ceiling is getting worse, I cannot have that repaired until the other is finished. I would not reccomend using this company.

Description of Work
No work was ever completed. I tried multiple times to talk to the owner about the estimate cost and that the previous work seemed to have not done been correctly, but could never get a reply.

In October 2015 our repair technician completed repairs for this residence. Once the customer agreed on additional cost of new repairs that were to be completed, we issued a reduced price for this customer. The customer was satisfied and payment was made in full.

05/05/2015

Buddy H.

Very well. Prompt and professional and stood behind warranty

Description of Work
Repaired leaks on an attached Lenai

Thank you very much for taking the time write a review for us. Please let us know if there are any future needs we may be able to help you with. Sincerely, Mason Dixon Contracting

04/22/2015

Survey R.

Extremely pleased with the office staff and contractor overall

Description of Work
I had them install a new roof on my home

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We very much appreciate your time and business. Please let us know if we can further assist you in the future.

04/22/2015

Survey R.

Would highly recommend them to a friend or family member.

Description of Work
Installed a new roofing system on our home.

We are very glad to hear that you are happy with the job we did for you. We always do everything possible to make sure our customers are happy and taken care of. Please feel free to contact us with any of your future needs.

01/28/2015

Linda Jo P.

Our experience with Mason Dixon Contracting was devastating. They began making mistakes on day one bringing an inferior grade plywood to the site. They were careless and disrespectful toward our property. Tar was on our breezeway walls and hardy board. The crew used our porch railings as ladders to work from resulting in dirt and tar on them. They dropped multiple cigarette butts and failed to clean them up. Dirty finger prints were on our railings, posts and fascia board. The gutters were never cleaned out. Oil spills from their trucks ruined our driveway .They mismanaged the removal and drying in of the roof . This resulted in extensive interior damage to our home when a rain storm came during shingle removal. Water damage occurred in over 80% of our home. This happened on the fifth day of work on a job that should have been completed in four. We were told that they, as professional contractors, would take care of the repairs to look like new. Instead, the owner himself tried to fix the water stained walls by swishing paint with a brush trying to "blend" in the colors and tried to pass off an inferior grade carpet as a replacement for the one that was ruined. The clean-up and repairs were not done in a timely manner. We placed several calls to the company owners, with no response. After nearly three weeks and no response we had to hire a lawyer ($375) to motivate the contractor to fulfill his promise. The work still progressed slowly and wasn't finished until 3 days before Thanksgiving. That means that our home life was disrupted almost three months on a job that should have taken four days. We could not in good faith recommend Mason Dixon Inc. of Umatilla, FL as a roofer or a general contractor.

Description of Work
Re-roof house

Category remodeling,roofing

It saddens me to read this statement in response: Our company did everything possible to correct anything that was unacceptable to the Pfeiffer's, we always apply quality products and workmanship for all our customers, this project was not profitable to us yet we addressed and corrected all the complaints and still received a 10 out 1-10 as a qualified Master Elite Contractor through GAF on this project the report is accessible upon request and the Pfeiffer's also have a copy of this report. Sincerely, Kim M Dixon

03/15/2014

Kevin O.

Andy Dixon the owner of Mason Dixon Contracting has been a pleasure to do business with. He is a man of integrity and has helped me out several times on jobs that he wasn`t even contracting himself. His crews did an excellent job on both my roof and gutters. I would not hesitate to hire him in the future or recommend him to others. He has been in the roofing and contracting business for many years and really knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
Mason Dixon Contracting put a roof and gutters on my house I recently purchased near Orlando Florida. I live in Kentucky so it was important for me to hire a contractor that would do the job without me having to babysit them.

We are happy that we gave you the piece of mind to hire our company from another state and have the confidence in us to do the job hired for. Thank you for your time to write this review for us, and second of all for choosing our business. It makes us happy to have happy customers.

03/24/2012

WILLIAM B.

They did a fantastic job. Replaced all the skylights and put in new vents. Good job with a fair price. Very honest people to work with.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof on my home.

We thank you very much for your business, and also glad that you are happy with the job we did for you. As always please feel free to contact our office with any future needs.

08/07/2009

Christine L.

Contractor before roof was installed was great. Once roof was done we have had more leaks than I ever had before. Impossible to get someone to show up to do repairs. Do not return calls, do not show up on time if at all. When they do finally show up as was the most recent case they did not do the repair but would have to come back. Have not seem them since. Last year it took several months and more phone calls than I can count to get them out. To date they have not repaired the interior ceiling damage caused by the leaks last year and now there are more damaged areas caused by leaks in the "new" roof. I would not recommend Maxon Dixon roofing to my worst enemy.

Description of Work
Roof replaced, removed old roofing, installed peak vent, replaced bad wood, replaced entire roof with new shingles. Main office: Mason Dixon Contracting 191 N. Central Avenue Umatilla, FL 32784 352-669-9200 Do not have the exact work date with me as I am at my office

Total Home Roofing

Total Home Roofing, is here to install a high-quality roof that protects your family. We’re committed to providing homeowners with the highest quality service and the strongest, most lasting results. We offer virtual and in-person appointments with a wide range of financing options to make the most of your budget. Total Home Roofing is dependable and unfailing when it comes to your new roof. Our team of installation professionals lives in neighborhoods just like yours, so we know exactly what kind of weather your home contends with.Total Home Roofing is here to get the job done right, the first time, on time.

Secured Roofing & Restoration

Our skilled and dedicated team can handle any issue impacting your roof – large or small. We have designed our entire process around reducing the stress and worry of our customers. When we are hired, we take care of absolutely EVERYTHING regarding your roof repair. From paperwork to the heavy lifting, we make our service as hassle-free as possible. 40 Years Combined Experience Ultra-Fast Roofing Turn Around Time

Veritas Roofers

Under our roof, you can expect high quality and affordable roofing services in the Orlando and Greater Central Florida areas, bonded with excellent customer service to earn your trust. From roof repairs to re-roofs we keep you informed all the way from start to finish. You can feel safe knowing that our skilled roofing specialists with their crafted workmanship, along with our manufacturer backed warranties will afford you with peace of mind for years to come. We know the best way to grow our business is with happy customer referrals. So we provide TRUTH In All We Do. Veritas means TRUTH.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available