Bath Fitter of Orlando

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2010

4.3

7655 Currency Dr

Orlando, FL 32809

Since 1984 Bath Fitter has been manufacturing and installing custom made acrylic tubs, shower bases and one piece wall systems. The process begins with blending and extruding a proprietary blend of ABS backed acrylic sheets which are then thermo-formed into high quality bath components. These are

02/04/2020

John R.

Last month I had a shower remodel done by Bath Fitter. Due to improper installation the walls in my home started to flood with water after using the shower. I filed a claim with my insurance company and the shower floor pan was the source of the problem. Prior to BF coming to my house my shower was problem free. An inspection was conducted by my insurance company to duplicate the problem and once again water was coming out of my walls and into the adjacent rooms. Bath Fitter sent the technician out to finish the job and seal the drain. Since then we have had no more leaks. HOWEVER they repeatedly over the phone and on social media claim they are not responsible and are refusing to pay my deductible for the thousands of dollars of damage caused from the water leak they created. Since no is returning my calls and they refuse to do the right thing my next step is to seek legal action and educate all of central Florida about the bad business practices Bath Fitter provides.

Description of Work
Shower remodel

02/02/2017

mary N.

Hired Bath Fitters of Orlando to cover tub with their product. Few months later water is between the old tub and the new. They came to fix it several times. They drained the water and chalked it. 3rd on site attempt to fix tech twisted the water spout trying to get it off. Gave up on taking it off. Drained the water again and said they fixed it but not to run water for 4 hours. 8 hours later turn on shower and water all over inside the wall. They broke the pipe in the wall. Water went in adjacent bedroom. Manager comes out and offers to pull the tub out and replace at no charge with a brand new tub. We had to repair all the tile around it at our cost. They seemed sincere wanted to make us happy. Replaced tub. We did tile work. 2 weeks later noticed that the tub does not drain all water because of a low spot in middle of tub. We requested money back. They said they will refund what we paid but want the free tub back. They cannot return our original tub.

Description of Work
Cover existing bath tub

05/21/2016

ruth A.

I do not believe the cost equals the quality of work..I paid extra for window trim and did not receive it and the shower was not cleaned upon completion. after all of the commercials seen on TV I thought at least they could do is wipe down the shower walls and the shower pan from foot prints. If given the opportunity I would not use them again.

Description of Work
tub to shower conversion

05/11/2016

Carrie R.

It went very well they originally came on 05/06/16 to do the job but the found that behind the tile was wet since we had use the shower the day before. Would note they should advise customers to stop using shower or bath about a week prior to allow any dampness to dry. Re-scheduled to come back on 05/10/16 and job was completed. I am amazed at the difference and cannot wait to use my new shower. We had gotten estimates from other companies to redo our shower and Bath Fitters Orlando WERE THE BEST. Would definitely use them again and recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Repaired and transformed Shower (No Tub). Had tiles fall of walls and they were covered for several years with plastic. It was definitely time for repair and update.

05/03/2016

Mark P.

1st day-team of 2; covered floors & drop cloth to protect – 2nd day –only one person; again protected floors- I need to assist bringing unit into house. Danny could have done by self but tight fit area and I was concerned about wall scratching.

Description of Work
Retro fitted 2 shower alcoves.

Category plumbing

03/29/2016

Donald P.

Danny was very professional and respectful.

Description of Work
Shower & bath tub installation.

02/13/2016

Bob R.

Salesman was prompt & helpful. Installers were courteous & professional. Attended to all questions & requests. Product was pricey, but the right product for our purposes.

Description of Work
Bathtub & shower wall replaced & remodeled.

09/23/2015

Dorothy C.

Great except Angel really needed a runner, it would have gone a lot quicker.

Description of Work
Cover tub and walls, trim all including window, caulk everything and cleaned up.

09/11/2015

Diedre B.

On the day of installation the installer came during the assigned time window. I gave them a deposit on August 7th, and they were not able to do the job until September 10th. They would not give me a date at the time I gave them a deposit, instead they told me they schedule four weeks before the job is to be done, but I starting calling them after three weeks had passed until I finally got a date. The day of installation the first installer was joined by another installer about two hours into the job. Overall, my bathroom looks better than it did, but the acrylic is very thin and I wonder how it will hold up in the coming years. I applied pressure to it in several places and it gives showing that it is not very strong or solid. My finished product did not look like what I saw at the Orlando office which I visited or what was in the Bath Fitter brochure. They put a molding around the acrylic that is not attractive and looks very commercial, like what you would see in a hotel. I have no complaint against the installers, they were professional and worked as expected. I feel the salesman should have let me know what exactly, I would be getting and that the brochure and the office display is not representative of what the actual installed product looks like. Somewhat disappointed.

Description of Work
Installed acrylic on tub walls and old tub. Put new tub fixtures in.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

08/25/2015

John and Deborah R.

Arrived 1/2 hour late. After they removed tub, the installer discovered they did not have the shower doors. Installers came back 3 hours later with wrong doors. They left again for 3 hours. Finally finished 7:30.

Description of Work
Removal of jetted tub. Install walk in shower.

Category bathtub refinishing, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

08/14/2015

Geusa S.

I put down a deposit down for 2 bathrooms. I mentioned that I saw an ad in the Angie's List magazine, and then they told me that they would not honor the discount. I cancelled the second bathroom remodel, even though the installer did a good job on the first bathroom.

07/25/2015

P.

As they advertise the gentleman was in and out in about 6 hours. The tub and the wall around it look so beautiful that I am afraid to use the tub.

Description of Work
I needed the tub replaced which they do not specifically do. They did it for me and it drastically added to the price. I am very happy with the outcome though. Now I need to update the cabinets to match how nice the tub turned out.

07/08/2015

Richard R.

I started my Bathfitter's installation 4/29/15 and I am finally finished ( last day is scheduled for Wed - 7/8/15). I was told that the installation would take 2 weeks. My installation includes a shower install and new shower glass doors and panels as well as new tub and shower fixtures.The installer refuse to do the tub fixtures ( fixtures purchase by me). This entailed having to call a plumber to do the job and an extra $426.36 out of mypocket. At each of the phases of this project I have to act as quality control and point out mistakes and poor workmanship. This should not have been my job. I have talk to the local manager ( Dan, Seminole County, Fl.) about my problems. He promised additional features as a way of resolving my issues. These features were not installed. For this entire project I have felt that my concerns and my installation has had the lowest priority at Bathfitter's. I would not recommend or use these people again.

Description of Work
Install a new shower floor,walls and glass door.

06/13/2015

Suzanne C.

A salesperson visited on March 3, 2015. Typical sales presentation with a discount offer to secure business. We were told that the wall section surrounding the shower would be in two pieces. One huge piece to cover the majority of the shower and a top piece to extend to the top of the shower due to the height of the shower. We selected the style of wall covering and color along with the accessories. The salesperson took measurements and we wrote a deposit check. We received paperwork in the mail to review and sign about a week later and noticed that the shower door finish was incorrect. Called the salesperson and she got right back with us stating they had ordered the correct finish, but to also correct it on the sheet of paper that needed to be returned. The installation took place on April 7, 2015. The installer was pleasant and worked from around 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. although he seemed to be rushed throughout the entire installation. He asked where to install the soap dish, grab bar and shower seat accessories. He did the measuring and cutting on the driveway. As the shower liner was extremely bulky, my husband offered to help him bring in but the installer said he had it. Before the installer left, he quickly showed us his work and it appeared to be a huge improvement over the original shower. He had not installed a door and he told us they had to measure after the installation and the door would be in about two weeks from the date of installation. This was never mentioned by the salesperson and we were quite upset. When all was done, we noticed gashes and scraps on the bathroom walls and shower ceilings. There was even a cut on the overhead doorway into the bedroom. The shower wall liner was actually two pieces and one corner was unevenly bent to fit. There were scratches on the liner. Caulk was dirty in several places. Caulking was horrible in some areas, but the worse was around the soap dish. The showerhead pipe moved when we tried to adjust the flow of water away from the open doorway. There was silicone on the bathroom floor and the once clean bathroom was a disaster. We also had to clean up the area used on the driveway. My husband and I assessed the workmanship and I finally called Bath Fitter on April 10, 2015 with a list of issues that needed to be resolved. The manager visited us on April 16, 2015. Although a very pleasant person, he kept repeating how beautiful it looked. If it had been beautiful and installed properly, we wouldn't have had any issues to report. He took pictures and noted the issues even though I had provided a list of issues to them over the phone when I called on April 10th. I asked about the shower door and he couldn't give me a date as to when it would be in and ready to install. He suggested that we go to the dollar store and buy an adjustable shower bar and shower curtain until then. After spending so much money, this idea seemed totally unacceptable. Almost two months later, on June 4, 2015, the previous installer plus three other installers came over to correct and finish the job. Another individual came over and asked us to select another accessory for the delay. We did and it is a nice addition. It also appears that we got the shower door free as we were not charged and Bath Fitter said it was included in the final payment. The shower walls are now three separate pieces plus a piece around the top of the shower. To make matters worse, they installed the shower door upset down and it opens on the wrong side. We thought it would be okay except that the door opens into the vanity and blocks off access to the towels. We are now in the process of patching and painting the damaged wall and ceiling. As we don?t want to wait another two months, we will also re-hang the shower door so that it is right side up and opens away from the vanity so that we can again access to our towels. I have cleaned up the shower walls and floor so everything looks good, not perfect. I did discover some places that need additional silicone sealant and I will do that myself. Word of caution, the quality of any remodel is only as good as the installer.

Description of Work
Renovated master shower with liner, new shower head and new glass door.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

05/05/2015

Timothy T.

Wanted shower resurfaced. Rep said they could not refinish fiberglass which they could have told me on the phone instead of wasting my time. They then gave me an estimate to replace the shower at a cost of almost $5000. This was clearly a ripoff since I already had estimates to replace the shower the highest of which was less than half what theses robbers wanted.

Description of Work
Provided estimate to replace shower.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

We are sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication in the services that we offer. Our 30 year old company was built on quality acrylic liners, shower surrounds and a one piece wall system. It is our policy to not go over existing fiberglass units as our product includes a lifetime warranty and we want to ensure that we are putting in the best possible product on a solid foundation. We have not ever, nor do we now "refinish fiberglass". We appreciate the opportunity to share information about our products, and I am sorry that you felt that this was a negative experience. As far as the pricing, should you have priced a comparable product, you would have found that our pricing is similar to others that offer a warrantied, acrylic shower. As evidenced by our other reviews on Angie's List, the BBB and other review sites, we have many satisfied customers and we are sorry to see that you will not be one of them! Good luck on your shower- we hope that you find exactly what you are looking for within the price range that you require.

01/04/2015

Jay B.

Al explained all services and measured/priced the job quickly and professionally. We placed the order and down payment and were told it would be 3-4 weeks before the service. However, they had an opening and called us and we got in sooner. Our installer was Paul and he showed right on time and was very professional. He got right to the job and completed within a few hours. He did a great job and the final product looks great. He cleaned up completely and left us with a much better looking second bathroom.

Description of Work
New bath liner and surround

11/01/2014

Sue C.

Marty did a great job. It looks like new. This is the second install the company has done for me (in another unit). I am happy with the jobs. It is expensive but guaranteed as long as I own the property.

Description of Work
Placed a mold over shower tile and tub and replaced parts.

09/19/2014

Jason L.

Terrible. Spilled chemicals, return trip to redo job due to failed installation. Damaged adjacent drywall. Owners unresponsive and slow, even to schedule before job.

Description of Work
Acrylic bath tub/shower wall overlay and fixture replacement.

08/07/2014

Uberti G.

In time. Quick quote. Good job. Professional.

Description of Work
reglazed 2 bath tub

08/05/2014

scott B.

The estimator took about 45 minutes to quote us a price. They left a brochure along with the quote. You will expect to pay big bucks. They did offer a thousand dollars off if we signed up for it today.

Description of Work
They quoted for a tub replacement.

Category bathtub refinishing

07/31/2014

Steve L.

We had a general idea but they were able to help us. They've got good ratings. They did a good job. We were very pleased. They pretty much follow through on what they promise. They were here on time. When they said they would be here they were here. We had no problems with them. The men that did the work were extremely cordial.

Description of Work
They re-did my bathroom. They put in a new shower and they put like a wainscoting around the bathroom and they put a new ceiling in the shower. They put in a new toilet and sink and floor cabinet. I purchased the toilet and the sink and they installed it.

07/24/2014

David F.

The sales process was somewhat typical. A personable, albeit not entirely knowledgeable, gentleman came out and facilitated our transaction. He was unable to produce even book photos of the shower doors used by the company, though he did provide a detailed and accurate description. The scheduling process was horrific. We discovered that Bath Fitter is a franchise and the Central Florida vendor is understaffed and ill equipped to handle their business. It took us repeatedly calling, even threatening to cancel the contract, over a period of a week to even get a call back to schedule. We got a barrage of excuses about people being out sick, there only being one person who could do the scheduling on the computer system, and several promises of a callback from an owner/manager that we never got. The installation was a case of Jekyl and Hyde. There were two installers since we had 2 bathrooms worked on. One worked quickly and with incredible craftsmanship. The tub/shower and doors looked fantastic, fit properly in all ways, and we were satisfied. The other was bowed, the sealing was sloppy, the installer damaged our ceiling, cut himself and left blood on our brand new tile floor, and generally did not perform the installation to any standard of satisfaction. Even the soap dish in the shower was on a visible uneven tilt. Management did come out within 2 days and agree that the work was unacceptable. We rescheduled a complete tear out and re-install, which Bath Fitter did not charge for. They send out the excellent installer but about 30min into the process the other gentleman showed up. We asked him to leave and he did. The good installer was able to complete the job to great satisfaction.

Description of Work
Bath Fitter installed acrylic overlays for two guest room tubs and showers. This included tub/shower doors and plumbing fixtures.

07/13/2014

isabel M.

All work was done as promised even though the guys had to do extra work. Finished on time and we love our shower and results.

Description of Work
From the initial meeting with Mike the rep to the installation. I will give this company. A+ Five stars.

Category bathtub refinishing

06/23/2014

Patricia A. H.

They removed the existing tile, cleaned and reinstalled the one wall of tiles. Replaced existing boards and insulation with new products. Also retiled my shower floor with the tiles I purchased.

Description of Work
Retile my bathroom one wall and floor.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

Thanks so much for your review on Angie's List- we appreciate it and are glad that you are enjoying your new Bath Fitter system!

06/02/2014

Alan F.

We were told it would take 2 days, possibly a 3rd day, and it took 2 1/2 days. The installers were very maticuluous and careful not to create any excess dirt or mess for us. We are still in the 48 hour period for proper curing of all materials and adhesives, but can't wait to use our new shower. It looks GREAT! This is the 2nd Bath Fitter installation we've had done.

Description of Work
Re-constructed our master bath shower. Eliminated glass partial wall and door and made it a walk-in shower with Bath Fitter conponents. Due to my wife's occasional lack of mobility, the sill that had to be stepped over was eliminated and a non-slip entry and floor were installed. Marty, Alex and Chuck were great! Very detail oriented, courteous and thurough.

Category home remodeling

Sounds beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Angie's List- we appreciate it! Please don't forget to tell your friends!