There are many reasons your carpet might have an unpleasant odor, ranging from the obvious to the unseen. Learn the common signs of carpet problems so you can track down the source of the smell and decide whether you need help from a pro.
Get matched with top carpet cleaners in Tahoe City, CA
There are 5 highly-rated local carpet cleaners.
Recent Carpet Cleaning Reviews in Tahoe City
- Betty's Home CleaningPerfectly They came, they cleaned, they left me with a wonderfully clean home. We are now on a monthly schedule.
- Five Step Carpet CareVery professional. Kitchen tile like new although over 12 years old. Carpet great. Very helpful. Thank you for this recommendation.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningBeautiful. Pierre called to tell me that he was running a little early and would that be OK with me. I said yes and he got here about 20 minutes before our scheduled time. In less than an hour he had pre-treated our living room, dining room and family room. Steamed all areas and was finished with a terrific job. I couldn't recommend him any higher. Thanks for great and professional work
- Molina's Carpet CleaningMolina's is a company that you can depend on and trust for the following: professionalism, dependability and reasonable price. Lorenzo was punctual, professional and assisted me with another unrelated rug cleaning task to which I am very grateful. I have already recommended this company.
- SLP Carpet Cleaning & MoreScot was on time, friendly and appeared to be very competent. He inspected the carpet and explained in detail the problems associated with stretching the carpet. He declined the job rather than performing work not up to his own apparently high standards. I applaud his honesty.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningVery happy and would definitely hire them again. Everything looks brand new and so clean. Very punctual in showing up and was done in no time.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningJoe did a fantastic job in cleaning our whole house. He was very professional AND he has a great sense of humor! He came in and started right away and finished in 1.5 hours. Thank you Joe! See you next year.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningAbsolutely great! Very punctual and professional. Did a wonderful job. Would definitely hire again and also would refer to a friend.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningAgain, he appeared promptly and did excellent work. He actually charged me a little less than the estimate because the square footage was less than expected.
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery CleaningExcellent, very professional service! Our dog had gotten into a skunk and after the cleaning, all odor was gone and the house s,Ellen fresh again. I will certainly use them again!
Carpet Cleaners in Tahoe City
- Business Description:1. Our customers call us miracle workers. We have been saving carpets in Reno/Sparks/Carson City for over 10 years. We can always find ways to clean and repair the most damaged carpets so they do not have to be replaced. We will do anything we can to remove various color and pet stains, dye bleached spots, repair and stretch the carpet to make it look like newRecent Review:Paul and staff were prompt, efficient and very friendly. Knowledgeable, explaining every step they took. They removed pet stains and made my carpet & house smell great. No harsh chemical smell as with prior carpet cleaners. They also did an amazing job on my bathroom tileJulie E.
- Business Description:At Scrub Bros Carpet Cleaning, professionalism is our key word and we have our finger on all the latest developments in cleaning technology to provide a perfect job and the best of service. We are the place to call for professional carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, general furniture cleaning, rug cleaning and tile and grout cleaning. We arrive at your home with our super powerful truck mounted extraction cleaner. We guarantee that you will be truly amazed, not just by the quality of ou..Recent Review:Scrub bros were quick and clean. I definitely recommend them.Ian S.
- Business Description:Dale and Nicole Carter first started developing Evergreen Carpet Care in Truckee, California in 1997. It has now been family owned for over 20 years. Dale began his journey in the carpet cleaning industry in 1984. The original days of the company started with just one portable cleaning unit and the 'marketing campaign' of giving away 1 FREE room of carpet cleaning to every new customer. People quickly began to experience the excitement of receiving a high quality carpet cleaning in their home..Recent Review:This is kind of a mixed review, so hard to figure out the letter score to give them. We had Evergreen come out on 12/10/18 and clean our carpets, two sofas, lazy-boy chair, and two beds at our house. We also had them take three area rugs of different manufacturers/size to be cleaned. We had just had 6 months of renovation work and the place needed to be cleaned. The good: I cannot say enough how pleasant and professional all of their staff have been during the times I have talked with them and had them out. They were on time. The cleaning of the rugs and sofas/chair was probably the best I have ever had from any carpet cleaning company. I highly recommend that you use them to clean your carpet and sofas, I will use them again for this. The bad: do not, DO NOT, have them clean your beds or rugs. Both beds (of different ages and manufacturers) had a chemical smell left in them. The quality manager came out twice and reworked the beds, I have no fault in Evergreen’s efforts and professional attitude. But we have had the two beds in the garage for a month and a half and the odor has not gone away – so we have had to buy new beds to replace them. The three rugs were a variety of quality, age, and manufacturer, but all were returned with a heavy soap /chemical smell. Once again, the Evergreen team was very professional and picked them back up and rewashed and kept them for almost 2 weeks. Alas, they still have the odor, they are out in the garage, we are hoping that at least the best of them will eventually off-gas. So, carpet/sofas = Yes! Beds/rugs = NOLeslie H.
- Business Description:Oriental Rug or Drapery, Clean and 100% Urine Odor Removal Naturally, by PetPeePee Company. PetPeePee service is a strictly for, Oriental rugs, (all types of Oriental Rugs, Needlepoint, Antique rugs, and custom made Draperies. PetPeePee Guarantee: Permanent Dog or Cat urine odor removal. The principal reasons the members use of the service is the need to get rid of the urine odor naturally, without using all the toxic chemicals of the ordinary carpet cleaning industry! The odor free cleaning ..Recent Review:I discovered petpee.com when I was searching online for ways to remove the urine odor from our 10’ x 14’ Karastan wool oriental rug. I had planned to clean the rug myself, but I was intrigued by the videos I saw on YouTube of petpee.com’s owner, Meir Martin, demonstrating how he cleans rugs like mine. I searched for petpee.com reviews and was blown away by the number of glowing reviews that had been written by satisfied customers. I knew then and there that I wanted to turn my rug over rug to Mr. Martin to finally get rid of the urine odor that had been building up for over 10 years. I called him and got a quote of $1079, which included shipping both ways, cleaning the rug, and a guarantee that I would not be able to detect any urine odor when my rug was returned to me. After getting over the sticker shock, my husband gave me the green light to send the rug to petpeepee.com. I think he was more interested in getting rid of my constant complaints about the urine odor than the actual odor itself! Mr. Martin walked us through how to pack up our rug for shipping via UPS, having us send him pictures to make sure we had prepared it properly. Even though we followed his instructions, I received an email from UPS 5 days later that my rug had been lost. I was regretting my decision to send my rug off for cleaning, UNTIL Mr. Martin worked his magic! I’m only the second customer in all the years petpeepee.com has been in business to have her oriental rug go missing, but that was to my benefit, because Mr. Meir knew exactly who to call (in Utah, of all places!) to track down my rug. Mr. Martin called his contact at UPS every day to check on whether my rug had been found and kept me posted each day for a week. On the seventh day after UPS reported my rug had been lost, Mr. Martin called me with the happy news that my rug had been found!!! Apparently some of the tape I had used to secure the label to the package was not completely flat and caused the label and bag to tear. Mr. Martin received my rug via Next Day Air from UPS on August 23 and began the cleaning process the next day. I loved receiving videos and pictures of the rug being cleaned and getting updates from Mr. Martin throughout the process. (You can see my rug being cleaned on YouTube by searching “Removing urine odor from a supersize Karastan rug.”). We received the rug back on September 2, and it smelled as fresh as it did the day we bought it! It looked so clean and new – worth every penny we paid to have petpeepee.com clean it. I really need more than five stars for my recommendation of petpeepee.com and Meir Martin. He is a true professional and the best communicator of any service provider I’ve ever encountered. I will be sending him more rugs soon! When I do, I will be VERY careful about packaging them, including using a HEAVY DUTY bag and taping multiple labels on the inside and outside of the package and making sure EVERYTHING on the outside is smooth and flat. If you want your rug to be free of urine odor, send it to petpeepee.com with every confidence that it will come back as good and fresh as newDiane B.
- Business Description:Servicing Reno/ Sparks/ Lake Tahoe areas. The Sweatie Betties have coined the term "Real Estate Solutions" to cover all our services. Simply put happily do all your "dirty work", all services are customized to each clients exact necessities. We do: *Business: after hours office cleaning and stocking. *Real Estate: trash outs, and market ready cleanings, curb appeal specialists, and have 2 washoe county public notaries available to travel to you. ANY HOUR ANY DAY *Residential: Interior: basi..Recent Review:We worked with Kara and she has done a fantastic job overseeing workmen coming to the house, overseeing the operation of certain items such as irrigation, landscaping, etc. She is willing to do anything needed and has such a great attitude. She treats the property as if it were her ownGreg H.
- Business Description:Stanley Steemer has been providing cleaning and restoration services for both residential and business customers for more than 60 years. They offer multiple services, including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, upholstery/leather cleaning and water damage restoration services. For more information, visit www.stanleysteemer.comRecent Review:They didn't performed as the quote and description was ( quote was open and clean each vent but didn't open 75% of them) 50% time they didn't had musk on it. Very unprofessional crews (Ryan, Brandon). I'll never hire them againdelwar m.
- Business Description:SERVPRO is a national provider of Fire & Water - Damage and Restoration as well as Biohazard Crime Scene and Mold Cleanup. Each office is independently owned and operated. At SERVPRO our slogan is "Like It Never Even Happened"
- Business Description:35 years serving the lake Tahoe area. Sub-contractor for Sears carpet cleaning for the Reno Tahoe territory in the 80's and 90's. PO BOX 7534, South Lake Tahoe, 96158.
- Business Description:MDV Home Services is the Reno area's best option for taking care of your daily, monthly and bi-annual carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning routines. We also provide 24 Hour Service for our Commercial Carpet Cleaning & Residential Cleaning clients as well as Renovation Clean Up. We offer 30 day satisfaction guarantee on our services. Please ask about our Senior Citizen and Military/Veterans Discounts
Explore our Solution Center for helpful carpet cleaner articles
Is it safe to use carpet powders? Deodorizing carpet powders may seem like a quick and easy fix, but these cleaners actually pose some risks to both your carpeting and your family. Learn more about carpet powders before you vacuum again.
Vacuuming doesn’t always get carpets clean. Sometimes you need to give your flooring a deeper cleaning to make sure that you’re not leaving pet hair or dirt embedded in your carpet fibers. This guide breaks down some common carpet cleaning methods.
Find carpet cleaners in
- Olympic Valley
- Carnelian Bay
- Tahoe Vista
- Kings Beach
- Incline Village
- Zephyr Cove
- South Lake Tahoe
- Washoe Valley
- Mound House
- Carson City
- Vc Highlands
- Virginia City
- Spanish Springs
- Pollock Pines
carpet cleaners in Tahoe City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Capital Carpet CareP.O. Box 2336
Carson City, Nevada
- Carpet Cops11448 Deerfield Drive, Ste C 220
- Carpet Cops59 Damonte Ranch Pkwy, Ste B 158
- Clean Masters5450 RIggins Court #3
- Clean Rite Cleaning Svc14882 Berkshire Cir
- COIT Cleaning and Restoration of Reno105 E Parr Blvd
- Color Your Carpet9800 Beach Blvd
- Complete Care Carpet Cleaning2890 Vassar St
- CRBR - Cleanrite Buildrite of Reno121 Woodland Avenue
- CUSTOM FLOOR CARE3227 Old US Highway 395 N
Washoe Valley, Nevada
- Capital Carpet Care
- Full Circle Flooring9720 S Virginia St Ste A
- Full Circle Flooring
- Ideal Kin Cleaning Company1595 17 th Street
- Ideal Kin Cleaning Company
- Kelly's Steam Carpet Care895 Mitch Dr
- Kelly's Steam Carpet Care
- Next Generation Window & Carpet Cleaning1025 Hartford Ct.
- Next Generation Window & Carpet Cleaning
- Scott's Carpet Care3005 Alpine Creek Rd
- Scrub Brothers Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning59 Damonte Rnch Pkwy Ste B PMB 174
- Sea 2 Summit10300 Jeffery Pine Road
- SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks975 Terminal Way
- Stanley SteemerPO Box 1376
- Steam Pro Carpet CarePO BOX 50988 Sparks NV 89435
- Steam Xpress Carpet Care1664 N Virginia St
- Steve Dillon's Carpet Cleaning 35 Yrs1098 Johnson Blvd
South Lake Tahoe, California
- Summit Cleaning Services964 Lehigh Cir
Carson City, Nevada
- SUZIE Q'S STAIN BUSTERS5813 SEPTEMBER CIR
- Scott's Carpet Care
- Top Coat Refinishing and Carpet Care6584 Geranium Way
- Top Coat Refinishing and Carpet Care
- West Coast Carpet Cleaning881 E York Way
- West Coast Carpet Cleaning